Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Cafeteria Bombs.

Go down 
+6
elia
Wideawake
Lifetime
areyoulistening
BurnIt
Jenn
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

The Cafeteria Bombs. Empty
PostSubject: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:29 am

The cafeteria bombs confuse me and have been something I have researched and tried to get answers about for over a year now. Any discussion about these damn bombs would be great.

How did Eric think that a gas can, some cannon fuse, a 9 volt battery and an alarm clock was going to blow up the school? Please explain....if you can.

Back to top Go down
BurnIt

Contribution Points : 101692
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 12:15 pm

Oh god the bombs. If we're going to discuss the bombs I'm going to need a drink. Trying to understand the bombs makes my head hurt. Fucking Eric and his fucking bombs that NO ONE saw being hauled into the cafeteria? Just....poof. The bombs are there. Like magic. Or the Polkaroo.

Contribution Points : 101822

PostSubject: Re: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 12:48 pm

BurnIt wrote:
Oh god the bombs. If we're going to discuss the bombs I'm going to need a drink. Trying to understand the bombs makes my head hurt. Fucking Eric and his fucking bombs that NO ONE saw being hauled into the cafeteria? Just....poof. The bombs are there. Like magic. Or the Polkaroo.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Contribution Points : 102153

PostSubject: Re: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 5:32 pm

To bad nobody saw Eric carry the duffel bags into the school and walk right back out without them. Then again, not to many people at that time knew that the duffel bag was standard rage murder accessory. If somebody did see the bombs being planted would anyone have actually thought that he was in fact planting bombs?

Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 5:46 pm

Two members on PRG drew me a photo of how these bombs were supposed to work. They told me that the ringing of the bells, like the bells ringing and hitting each other was going to light a fuse...uh....I don't see how, but...these bells were stationary, they did not hit each other. There was a bar in between the bells that would go back and forth, making the bells ring and didn't Eric break this bar off?

Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101801

PostSubject: Re: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 11:14 pm

Regarding when/how the bombs got placed, I've been going through the 11K, and it is slow going. I try to make little notes of things that catch my attention. One thing I noted is this. A student named Peter Capra (pg 2640) smells what he thinks is sulfur while in a science classroom in 3rd period. He reports it to the teacher, who tells him that it is probably just an experiment from another class. Later on, while in the cafeteria immediately before the shooting, he smells the same thing but much stronger. There were several other cafeteria witnesses (Diana Barker pg 2422 and Mary Beck pg 2446) who noticed the smell while in the cafeteria. Diana stated it was either bad B.O. or sulfur, and Mary stated that people around her smelled it too. There might be others that mention it too, but this is just at a quick glance.

The important part of this whole paragraph is that Peter Capra smelled something that very well could have been the bombs during 3rd period, which implies that they could have been placed much earlier than we thought. Then again, seems pretty risky to me to place them that early.

Thoughts?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 4:40 am

Actually there are numerous witness statements of tall young man wearing a trench coat carrying a huge duffel bag, but none could positively be identified as Eric or Dylan. A few witnesses said they were 100% the tall young man was in fact Robert Perry. He was a member of the trench coat mafia but oddly enough had already graduated. Is it possible somebody else planted the bombs for them? Seems very likely...but its never been proven.

-Students were reporting "men in black"-type feds walking the halls at 9 AM (Two hours before the massacre began). Kids thought it was a drug bust. Why were the feds in the school two hours before the massacre?

-Eyewitnesses and videos show that NATO forces were present at Columbine, along with two in-uniform, high-ranking military officials (a General and a Colonel). Why would these types be here?

-High level politicians attended the Columbine Memorial, which was bizarrely lined with soldiers carrying M-16s and military trucks. F-16s did a flyover. Why such a strong military presence at the memorial?

-The police had a number of snipers positioned on the rooftops. Bizarrely enough, one of them was an Italian guy who claimed to be part of some foreign exchange program and could hardly speak any English.

-There were rumors among the police that more than 15 people died. The first official count was that 17 were confirmed dead. Some reports stated that many were lying dead in the halls, even though no one officially died in the halls.

-A video shows the FBI bringing someone dressed in black out on a stretcher, their face covered by a towel.

-Over 100 eyewitnesses reported that more than two shooters were involved. Witnesses named Chris Morris, Nate Dykeman, Robert Perry, and Joseph Stair as shooters. All four of these students were important members of the Trenchcoat Mafia and all four of them had a parent who worked for law enforcement. To this day, the official government story maintains that only Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were involved.

-Judy Greco, a special education teacher at Columbine, admitted that she was a practicing Wiccan who put her class under a 'trance'. According to Donna Taylor (Mother of injured Columbine student Mark Taylor) everyone in the school just watched MTV all day and the teachers were involved in sick practices. She also alleged that the principal was a friend of Bill Clinton. Wiccan Greco helped Harris and Klebold make their 'basement tapes'. During the reconstruction of the cafeteria, a Wiccan symbol was placed on the ceiling of the old cafeteria area.

-One student stated that the shooters were not students, but men wearing ski masks.

-Eric Harris was the son of Wayne Harris, a retired decorated military pilot who was deeply involved in covert military operations. Wayne Harris allegedly tested explosives with Eric and was allegedly seen with his son and with Klebold on the day of the shooting (He wasn't at work that day). Dylan Klebold was the son of Thomas Klebold, who is seen in FBI uniform in an FBI vehicle in a video taped by the BBC during the massacre.

-FEMA set up a huge command center at the scene.

-A week before the massacre, the school was locked down as part of a mock shooting exercise.

-Police initially reported that the propane bomb found in the school was too sophisticated for Harris and Klebold to have built. The bomb had a mercury switch and was military-grade.

-Over 100 bombs were found inside the school -- 24 of them were heavy propane tanks. How would two guys carry all of that material inside of the building?

-Three witnesses (A JeffCo deputy and two CSIs) saw the BATF carrying one of the 'big bombs' into the school on the night of April 20, 1999.

That's just scratching the surface.
Back to top Go down
elia

Contribution Points : 100688

PostSubject: Re: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:19 am

Why did eric try to shoot the bombs from the stairs???I think he could try to go near the bomb and then use his gun...pretty strange...
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101063
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 5:36 pm

elia wrote:
Why did eric try to shoot the bombs from the stairs???I think he could try to go near the bomb and then use his gun...pretty strange...

I think he did that from a distance so he could see the destruction the bomb would have caused if he had been able to hit it. If he went right up to it and shot it, he would have died instantly if the bomb had gone off with the gunshot(s). Even though he was going to kill himself (or be shot/killed by police), he wanted to watch as much of his destruction as possible beforehand, I believe. That, and he built those bombs and was much more focused on them. This plan he and Dylan made was supposed to primarily be a bombing. They were planning on shooting at cops, and shooting survivors from a distance while they were fleeing the building after the bombs went off. Because the bombs failed to detonate, they went in and started shooting like they did. Shooting was a secondary part of this whole thing, but became the focus as an alternative when the bombs failed.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
MarmaladeSkies

Contribution Points : 101391

PostSubject: Re: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Jenn wrote:
The cafeteria bombs confuse me and have been something I have researched and tried to get answers about for over a year now. Any discussion about these damn bombs would be great.

How did Eric think that a gas can, some cannon fuse, a 9 volt battery and an alarm clock was going to blow up the school? Please explain....if you can.

His source was the Anarchist's Cookbook, a terribly inaccurate guide written in the early 70s. It is well known now that the book is total rubbish, but obviously unbeknownst to Eric. A lot of people question Eric's competence as a bomb maker yet had he had a more sophisticated guide than one written by a 19 year old anarchist protesting the Vietnam war, maybe his bombs might have worked.
Back to top Go down
elia

Contribution Points : 100688

PostSubject: Re: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:50 am

This is an interesting article [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ....as the author explains eric and dylan chose the propane bombs...but why??the author says that propane bombs rarely explode....so why did they choose this type of bomb???i know it could seem stupid but when i read this i thought maybe they didn't really want to destroy the school...does it have any sense??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:34 am

elia wrote:
This is an interesting article [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ....as the author explains eric and dylan chose the propane bombs...but why??the author says that propane bombs rarely explode....so why did they choose this type of bomb???i know it could seem stupid but when i read this i thought maybe they didn't really want to destroy the school...does it have any sense??

Thorough article. I also read something from this author on their Facebook about Dylan's car clock being incorrectly set to 11 PM not AM. They suggested that Dylan was in charge of the bombs because of how Dylan notated that it was on his list to do "set bombs" in his journal and hypothesising that maybe Dylan didn't want the bombs to go off so they were set incorrectly. Plus, Dylan went back in to the cafeteria for a moment once NBK started. Also, someone noted in the 11K that they saw Dylan making a phone call at CHS before it all started. CHS staff reported a call: "This is Eric Harris; there's a bomb in the building". Interesting to ponder..though I've never heard this anywhere else.

At any rate, it's too bad for them - but not for us - that they didn't use pressure cooker bombs! Perhaps not "cool" enough for them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 5:16 pm

He did in fact hit the tank from the stairs, but a 9mm is not strong enough to penetrate that type of metal. I assume he did this to try to rupture the tank somehow, the escaping gas would then ignite causing the intended explosion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:03 pm

trench coat wrote:
He did in fact hit the tank from the stairs, but a 9mm is not strong enough to penetrate that type of metal. I assume he did this to try to rupture the tank somehow, the escaping gas would then ignite causing the intended explosion.

Interesting. Where did you find this bit of information? Would like to look at the source.
Back to top Go down
Lifetime

Contribution Points : 102153

PostSubject: Re: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 8:07 pm

Was the school really locked down a week before the shooting for a mock shooting drill? I always heard that they never had any lock down drills.

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101801

PostSubject: Re: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:08 pm

Lifetime, I have heard various stories about mock disaster drills. I have never looked too hard into it, although it's on my list of things that need more research. If that's true, it surpasses weird coincidence into straight creepy.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124059
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 10:55 pm

Jenn wrote:
The cafeteria bombs confuse me and have been something I have researched and tried to get answers about for over a year now.  Any discussion about these damn bombs would be great.

How did Eric think that a gas can, some cannon fuse, a 9 volt battery and an alarm clock was going to blow up the school?  Please explain....if you can.

"Explosives expert Sid Woodcock said propane explosives of the type found are 'fairly sophisticated.' Just one bomb 'probably would have destroyed a good part of the school,' he said. 'These subjects were not only on a killing rampage,' said Jefferson County Sheriff John Stone, 'They were going to burn the school up.'

"Larry Bettendorf of the [B]ATF says the propane tank was rigged with a can of gasoline and an egg timer. He says the bomb was poorly designed and that may be why it never exploded. Or he said gunmen Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold may not have had time to set the timer. Bettendorf says the big question for now is how the gunmen got such a big bomb into the school"

An ABC News report from April 23rd outlines clearly that the propane kitchen bomb was a real bomb. The sheriffs office now claims bombs were never found in the kitchen. "The large bomb that authorities found in the school cafeteria kitchen Thursday was a 20-lb. device attached to a propane tank that had shrapnel, including nails, attached to it. The bomb was set with an egg timer, matches and a model rocket fuse, said Lawrence Bettendorf, an ATF agent. When the timer went off, it would trigger the match, which would light the fuse and ignite a gas can next to the propane tank. The bomb would have been enough to seriously damage the school building, but not level it, authorities said. A bomb squad removed and safely defused the device Thursday."
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83214
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 3:31 am

I found this on tumblr a couple days ago. Id never see it before so I thought if post it here. Its funny how they refused to release the BT for fear of it being seen as a "school shooter's guide", but then they let the media run stuff like this. Hell Eric's bomb manual is easy to find online so they didnt do a very great job of protecting us Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 9:58 am

Guest wrote:
Actually there are numerous witness statements of tall young man wearing a trench coat carrying a huge duffel bag, but none could positively be identified as Eric or Dylan.  A few witnesses said they were 100% the tall young man was in fact Robert Perry.  He was a member of the trench coat mafia but oddly enough had already graduated.  Is it possible somebody else planted the bombs for them?  Seems very likely...but its never been proven.  

-Students were reporting "men in black"-type feds walking the halls at 9 AM (Two hours before the massacre began). Kids thought it was a drug bust. Why were the feds in the school two hours before the massacre?

-Eyewitnesses and videos show that NATO forces were present at Columbine, along with two in-uniform, high-ranking military officials (a General and a Colonel). Why would these types be here?

-High level politicians attended the Columbine Memorial, which was bizarrely lined with soldiers carrying M-16s and military trucks. F-16s did a flyover. Why such a strong military presence at the memorial?

-The police had a number of snipers positioned on the rooftops. Bizarrely enough, one of them was an Italian guy who claimed to be part of some foreign exchange program and could hardly speak any English.

-There were rumors among the police that more than 15 people died. The first official count was that 17 were confirmed dead. Some reports stated that many were lying dead in the halls, even though no one officially died in the halls.

-A video shows the FBI bringing someone dressed in black out on a stretcher, their face covered by a towel.

-Over 100 eyewitnesses reported that more than two shooters were involved. Witnesses named Chris Morris, Nate Dykeman, Robert Perry, and Joseph Stair as shooters. All four of these students were important members of the Trenchcoat Mafia and all four of them had a parent who worked for law enforcement. To this day, the official government story maintains that only Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were involved.

-Judy Greco, a special education teacher at Columbine, admitted that she was a practicing Wiccan who put her class under a 'trance'. According to Donna Taylor (Mother of injured Columbine student Mark Taylor) everyone in the school just watched MTV all day and the teachers were involved in sick practices. She also alleged that the principal was a friend of Bill Clinton. Wiccan Greco helped Harris and Klebold make their 'basement tapes'. During the reconstruction of the cafeteria, a Wiccan symbol was placed on the ceiling of the old cafeteria area.

-One student stated that the shooters were not students, but men wearing ski masks.

-Eric Harris was the son of Wayne Harris, a retired decorated military pilot who was deeply involved in covert military operations. Wayne Harris allegedly tested explosives with Eric and was allegedly seen with his son and with Klebold on the day of the shooting (He wasn't at work that day). Dylan Klebold was the son of Thomas Klebold, who is seen in FBI uniform in an FBI vehicle in a video taped by the BBC during the massacre.

-FEMA set up a huge command center at the scene.

-A week before the massacre, the school was locked down as part of a mock shooting exercise.

-Police initially reported that the propane bomb found in the school was too sophisticated for Harris and Klebold to have built. The bomb had a mercury switch and was military-grade.

-Over 100 bombs were found inside the school -- 24 of them were heavy propane tanks. How would two guys carry all of that material inside of the building?

-Three witnesses (A JeffCo deputy and two CSIs) saw the BATF carrying one of the 'big bombs' into the school on the night of April 20, 1999.

That's just scratching the surface.

Cool stories bro, now show us the sources and evidence of all of this stuff.. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cafeteria Bombs.   The Cafeteria Bombs. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cafeteria Bombs.
Page 1 of 1