Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lawsuits against Harrises and klebolds

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Lawsuits against Harrises and klebolds  Empty
PostSubject: Lawsuits against Harrises and klebolds    Lawsuits against Harrises and klebolds  Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 4:59 pm

How do you feel about the lawsuits against Dylan and Eric's families? I find it quite ridiculous to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95104
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: Lawsuits against Harrises and klebolds    Lawsuits against Harrises and klebolds  Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 6:53 pm

I find it quiet ridiculous too. I understand the families of the victims, because all they want were answers but the Klebolds and Harisses werent guilty, they lost their kids too and were deceived by their kids.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Lawsuits against Harrises and klebolds    Lawsuits against Harrises and klebolds  Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 9:20 pm

I'm against them and think they were an extra burden and strain that two hurting, grieving family's didn't need but this is the minority opinion here. People are very touchy about this issue and it leads to heated arguments.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
gutenfxckintag

Contribution Points : 92654
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Lawsuits against Harrises and klebolds    Lawsuits against Harrises and klebolds  Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:44 pm

They were filed for different reasons. Some for answers, some maybe for compensation. There was the possibility that H&K families were guilty in a way. How do you discover that they aren't without answers?
The sad truth is grief in H&K does not make one immune to having lawsuits filed against them, or at the very least questions. No, they didn't need that burden, but lawsuits are not ridiculous. It's the reality of human nature.

And Jeffco was sued as well. It wasn't just H&K families that were sued.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lawsuits against Harrises and klebolds    Lawsuits against Harrises and klebolds  Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 6:00 am

Some people, at the time, felt that they were at fault.
Back to top Go down
jettfyre80

Contribution Points : 94285
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Lawsuits against Harrises and klebolds    Lawsuits against Harrises and klebolds  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 7:36 am

What I didn't know until this came up was that home owners insurance covers murders by the home owners child. I wonder how that came about.

PostSubject: Re: Lawsuits against Harrises and klebolds    Lawsuits against Harrises and klebolds  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 6:11 pm

Personally I think it really shows the blame being passed onto the parents.  I think people should really take a step back and wonder if honestly they would believe their kids were planning to shoot up a school.  In HS I had a few times in with the law (nothing serious) and my parents backed me no matter what.  

I think people really need to realize that the Kleybolds and Harris' families never expected their sons would be capable of what they did.  If they had there would have been more evidence for it, and i don't just mean a pipebomb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lawsuits against Harrises and klebolds    Lawsuits against Harrises and klebolds  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lawsuits against Harrises and klebolds
Page 1 of 1