Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gumshoe

Contribution Points : 80656
Forum Reputation : 0

How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises? Empty
PostSubject: How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises?   How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 10:29 pm

It's been a long time since I read Cullen's book Columbine and Brooks Brown's book No Easy Answers. However, based on reading those books and based on other sources, I have the impression that Eric & Dylan hanged out together far more at Eric's house than at Dylan's house. We all know that the Basement Tapes were filmed at Eric's house. But I think that even apart from The Basement Tapes, Eric & Dylan hanged out together far more at Eric's house than Dylan's house.

I'd be shocked if Eric never went over to Dylan's house. But do we have any evidence in the records such as books, 11k, documentaries, and other sources that show that Eric ever hanged out with Dylan at Dylan's house?

If so, what were the dynamics between Eric and Dylan's parents? What did Dylan's parents think about Eric before the massacre? I suppose that Dylan's parents might have blamed Eric for Dylan's arrest in the van break in incident in January 1998. What did Dylan's parents think about Eric before the van break in incident in January 1998?

Before the Columbine Massacre, did Wayne & Kathy Harris know Sue & Tom Klebold? What were the dynamics between Eric's parents and Dylan's parents?

Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Contribution Points : 78042
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises?   How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 10:56 pm

I would highly recommend reading Sue Klebold's book, A Mother's Reconing. You'll read about all the questions you currently have :-)
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70323
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises?   How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 10:58 pm

TaylorsMom wrote:
I would highly recommend reading Sue Klebold's book, A Mother's Reconing.  You'll read about all the questions you currently have :-)

Sues book is the only one i don't have.

Anyone have a PDF copy? PM me please.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises?   How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 11:09 pm

If you get a free month of the Scribd app you can get the audiobook free and it is read by Sue. I think that's pretty powerful. I think Andrew Solomon reads the other versions and to be honest, he read the prologue on the Scribd app and something about his overrought voice would make it difficult to listen to it for too long.

Though all the money does go to charity when you buy it outright.

One of the BT were filmed at Dylan's house. You see his suit for prom in the background.

One reason his friends didn't go over too often was because it was far out in the foothills. It's a good drive, a beautiful one though (I went to Deer Creek Canyon park to hike with a friend when I was in Denver) that is near the old Klebold residence and I was cognizant of that fact.

Sue said that she felt like she never got to know Eric as well as Dylan's other friends, but he was polite. After the van break in, Sue wanted to keep the boys apart but Kathy Harris asked for that not to happen, she didn't want Eric to lose Dylan, who seemed to be a positive influence.

I would love to know other thoughts the Harris's had about Dylan.

I'd also love to know what Byron and Tom thought of Eric.

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66503
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises?   How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 8:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] pretty much said it all...Dylan's house was further away so it wasn't the central "hang out" spot like Zach's house was. I get the impression Wayne and Kathy appreciated the friendship between E&D more than Sue and Tom, considering, as was already mentioned, they wanted the friendship to continue even after they were arrested.

The only parent we know of who saw through Eric's deceit was Judy Brown IMO.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises?   How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 9:10 am

Littlelo wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] pretty much said it all...Dylan's house was further away so it wasn't the central "hang out" spot like Zach's house was. I get the impression Wayne and Kathy appreciated the friendship between E&D more than Sue and Tom, considering, as was already mentioned, they wanted the friendship to continue even after they were arrested.

One can say a lot about Judy but at the very least she was right about Eric being dangerous
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises?   How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 9:51 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Littlelo wrote:

One can say a lot about Judy but at the very least she was right about Eric being dangerous

Agreed. The Brown's were basically the only ones who knew something wasn't quite right. Unfortunately their efforts to alert the police apparently were not taken very serious and then they were branded as liars when the shit hit the fan and Jeffco realized that they had reports on Eric for many many months prior to the attack. Jeffco then decided to smear the Brown's to save face. Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises?   How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 10:21 am

I don't think they were friends. They just knew their kids liked each other and accommodated for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises?   How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How was the relationship between the Klebolds and the Harrises?
Page 1 of 1