Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students

Go down 
+3
browneyes11
radaddio
Sabratha
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98358
Forum Reputation : 440

Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students Empty
PostSubject: Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students   Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 9:39 am

Ok, decided to make something I one did at the old forums. I have the 11k police document and will in these posts concentrate on some witness student accounts.

Frank Zirger was a junior in 1999. Zirger finished his classes on the 20th before the shooting started, walking out of the school he seen Harris by Harri's car, fidling with something in the back. Zirger left and was not witness to the attack.

However, the interesting part starts here, as Zirger knew both Eric and Dylan personally. Mentions knowing Dylan better. Zirger met them through Tad Boles and Brian Sargent. Zirger oftn had a brekfast with Dylan at a local McDonald's.

Zirger descrbed sylan as "Happy", "Never angry" and that Dylan was never angry at anyone making fun at him, instead letting it "roll of his back".

Zirger described Eric as quiet and "respected" by other people in their peer group. zirger said both Dylan and Eric seemed entirely normal. Zirger also knew Joe Stair, Chris Morris and Nate Dykeman. He mentioned these guys went bowling togeather.

Now, he also knew Rachel Scott and remember he is a junior. He did not know Rachel's brother though. This is something I myself picked up - there seems to be a number of people (seniors and junors alike) who knew both Dylan and Rachel, but did not know Rachel's brother. Other people alo noticed that Rachel and Dylan seemed to have a common group of friends and acquintances, which is not true of other victims an Dylan (or other victims and Eric).
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 83965
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students   Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Good point. In Brook's book, he mentions being friendly with Rachel Scott. Apparently, they both discussed religion once, and he found her ideas about faith to be refreshing as compared to the other staunch evangelicals of the school.

it makes me wonder if their initial encounter led to them hanging out together? If so, then it would be understandable that Rachel and Dylan would have a similar group friends and acquaintances.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students   Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 12:29 pm

radaddio wrote:
Good point. In Brook's book, he mentions being friendly with Rachel Scott. Apparently, they both discussed religion once, and he found her ideas about faith to be refreshing as compared to the other staunch evangelicals of the school.

it makes me wonder if their initial encounter led to them hanging out together? If so, then it would be understandable that Rachel and Dylan would have a similar group friends and acquaintances.
There are two facts taht link Rachel and Dylan:

1) Rachel and Dylan were both part of the HS theatre group. Rachel was afaik an actor and also wrote some lines for a play.Dylan woked the lighting and sound effects for the theatre. So both were active with the theatre group and went to the same rehersals etc.
2) Dylan and Rachel were both smokers.

I think that when you combine 1 and 2, this means they must have know each other - went to the same small theatre group and probably smoked togeather during brakes. How well they knew each other is a different matter entirely. There is no evidence of Dylan phoning or sending emails to Rachel. But there was someone (can't remember who for the life of mine) in the 11k that mentioned that he thought Rachel and Dylan were friends. There was afaik someone else who mentioned Dylan and Rachel talked togeather at brakes (probably again, in the "smokers den" smoking).
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students   Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 12:52 pm

That's right! I forgot that Rachel was a smoker until that week. That means that probably everyone had ran into one another at the smoker's pit at least once.

Sad that she was the first one to be killed. It's strange to think how small changes to the timeline would have drastically altered the events.
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 85194
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students   Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 1:14 pm

Wow that's interesting.Kind of makes me wonder if Rachel was one of the girls that Dylan was in love with. I suppose its possible. That dude had crushes on everyone lol

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students   Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 4:29 pm

browneyes11 wrote:
Wow that's interesting.Kind of makes me wonder if Rachel was one of the girls that Dylan was in love with. I suppose its possible. That dude had crushes on everyone lol

that was a big theory back at the orginal forums. nobody found any proof of course.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83813
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students   Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 1:47 am

Craig Scott mentioned meeting Dylan at the Brown's house. Craig was there to see Aaron (Brooks' younger brother) and they played basketball, Dylan included.

I believe this was in the letter Craig Scott wrote to "the killers"?
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 99094
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students   Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 2:07 am

Fatheroftwo wrote:
Craig Scott mentioned meeting Dylan at the Brown's house.  Craig was there to see Aaron (Brooks' younger brother) and they played basketball, Dylan included.

Yes, Craig went to Brooks' house as he was friends with Aaron Brown. He wrote that he remembers seeing Eric, Dylan and Brooks looking up pipe bombs on the computer. They all also played a bit of basketball.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students   Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 11:10 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Fatheroftwo wrote:
Craig Scott mentioned meeting Dylan at the Brown's house.  Craig was there to see Aaron (Brooks' younger brother) and they played basketball, Dylan included.

Yes, Craig went to Brooks' house as he was friends with Aaron Brown. He wrote that he remembers seeing Eric, Dylan and Brooks looking up pipe bombs on the computer. They all also played a bit of basketball.

That's crazy! It's amazing to see how close everything connects, but no one gets the final hint that something bad is afoot.

Also, I was reading that the anonymous girl that Dylan was crushing on had a similar name to him? It was quoted from his journals apparently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students   Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 11:45 am

browneyes11 wrote:

I am not sure if Rachel was, however, I believe he did intend to kill the girl he was in "love" with based on his last journal. I don't think that was directed at Eric but a girl in the school.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 84471
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students   Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 3:54 pm

I like how you mention the fact both Dylan and Rachel were smokers. Of course, they would have seen and been familiar with each other just from that fact alone, hanging out in the smoker's pit There's always some sort of cameraderie amongst people sharing (addictive) habits, and I have little doubt that Dylan most likely had at least a passing interest in Rachel, if not a full-blown crush, which, as has been noted here, he had a tendency to do with any girl who may or may not have even known he existed.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students   Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 8:39 am

virtual wrote:
browneyes11 wrote:

I am not sure if Rachel was, however, I believe he did intend to kill the girl he was in "love" with based on his last journal. I don't think that was directed at Eric but a girl in the school.

It imho certainly was directed atsome girl and he certainly wanted to kill her. Dylan is of course very cryptic, but this is how I interpret his writings.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Gonz

Gonz

Contribution Points : 85540
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students   Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 7:17 am

I looked for the whole Frank Zirger statement (JC-001-007412) and he said he saw Eric in the parking lot 4 hours BEFORE the start of the shooting :S

Quote :
Shortly after 7:00 a.m., he and the other three named above, left the school from the cafeteria, along the sidewalk the junior and senior parking lots, and in the direction of Polks. Frank is familiar with Eric Harris' car, a light gray 1989 Honda Prelude with a "Ramstein" sticker on the rear window. As Frank past the junior lot, he saw Eric's car parked in the junior lot with the trunk open, and saw Eric behind the car, somewhat bent over as if he was doing something in the trunk. The car was approximately 30-40 feet from the school. (…) This caught his attention because it was unusual to see Eric at school that early, and that he was not parked in his usual spot, which is in the senior lot.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students   Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:58 am

Gonz wrote:
I looked for the whole Frank Zirger statement (JC-001-007412) and he said he saw Eric in the parking lot 4 hours BEFORE the start of the shooting :S

Quote :
Shortly after 7:00 a.m., he and the other three named above, left the school from the cafeteria, along the sidewalk the junior and senior parking lots, and in the direction of Polks. Frank is familiar with Eric Harris' car, a light gray 1989 Honda Prelude with a "Ramstein" sticker on the rear window. As Frank past the junior lot, he saw Eric's car parked in the junior lot with the trunk open, and saw Eric behind the car, somewhat bent over as if he was doing something in the trunk. The car was approximately 30-40 feet from the school. (…) This caught his attention because it was unusual to see Eric at school that early, and that he was not parked in his usual spot, which is in the senior lot.

That's interesting, I seems to have missed the time discrepancy. Its hard to verify, but I'd assume its a mistake by the policeman getting the interview. My bet would be that he misheard "seven"instead of eleven" and wrote it won incorrectly.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students   Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frank Zirger - CHS through the eyes of students
Page 1 of 1