Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?

Go down 
+7
Nirvana92
Archvile
radaddio
eli27
Sabratha
Venganza
LPorter101
11 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101


Posts : 2449
Contribution Points : 124417
Forum Reputation : 2167
Join date : 2013-12-01
Location : South Florida

What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Empty
PostSubject: What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?   What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:48 pm

Even if they thought Cullen was full of shit ... would they mind?

Would Eric read it and think, "So he makes me out to be a swaggering, pussy-pounding ladies' man? Yay!"?

_________________
Why does anyone do anything?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Venganza




Posts : 34
Contribution Points : 76713
Forum Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-03-26

What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?   What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 2:04 am

Yeah, I think Eric would rather relish being portrayed as a cool, calculating psychopath who caused panties to drop by entering the room.

Dylan might be a bit resentful about being portrayed as a depressed follower unable to take any initiative himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabratha

Sabratha


Posts : 1541
Contribution Points : 79452
Forum Reputation : 165
Join date : 2015-03-31
Location : The Mazovian Lowland

What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?   What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 8:49 am

Heh, no idea really.

I think the first honest reaction would be: "Oh cool, there's a book about us. Now when will a movie come out?!"

My best guess is that Eric would enjoy Cullen, but he would enjoy Krabbe's book most of all, even if he wouldn't agree with all the details or conclusions. Her'd probably enjoy the fact that so much time and effort was devoted to looking at even minor events in his biography.

I think it would make him feel a little bit like Patton, Bradley or other military heroes he looked up to. They also had biographers who looked at their lives in fine detail and in Eric's eyes it would probably confirm his view taht what he did on 4/20 was significant and important. That he in fact left a lasting impression on the world.

Dylan would be less thrilled, as he seems to have wanted more privacy as far as things like his journal and love life, but would probably relish the fact that he did in fact get to have "followers".

_________________
Life is like a tram - you need to know when to get off.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eli27

eli27


Posts : 492
Contribution Points : 67982
Forum Reputation : 60
Join date : 2015-05-15
Location : England

What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?   What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 10:35 am

I think Eric might find it amusing, I can see Dylan being pissed off at it though, being the lying pile of shit that it is. Smile

_________________
I had it all and I looked at it and I said 'this is a bigger jail than I just got out of'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
radaddio




Posts : 333
Contribution Points : 67890
Forum Reputation : 10
Join date : 2015-04-08
Age : 102
Location : Cali.

What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?   What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 10:58 am

eli27 wrote:
I think Eric might find it amusing, I can see Dylan being pissed off at it though, being the lying pile of shit that it is. Smile

Wait, what? I always thought that Eric was the manipulative one, and Dylan what he depressive one.

I think Eric would enjoy it. Everything in Cullen's book props up what Eric thought he was. I think they would have both like all of the attention overall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archvile

Archvile


Posts : 185
Contribution Points : 64211
Forum Reputation : 18
Join date : 2015-08-21
Age : 31
Location : England

What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?   What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 1:29 am

Probably flattered that they have a book about them, but pissed off at the fact that it's a fictional account on what really happened, which may also please them that no matter how many books are written about them, none of these experts are able to crack their true motives and figure out the real reason behind why they did it.

It's a shame nobody cared or found them interesting enough to write a whole book or make tons of documentaries on them when they were alive, only when they were dead, and as I see death as the eternal end and I don't believe in any form of afterlife, I think it's a shame Eric and Dylan could never know books like this and documentaries like Zero Hour would even exist.

I doubt at anytime in their life before their planning that they would have thought that one day a whole book would be written about them and actors would be portray them and famous celebrities would know who they were and discuss them, KMFDM talked about them and heck even Kevin Bacon just recently went to a Columbine theater play. I know Eric did talk about Speilberg making a movie about him though, and even if it did happen, the people who would get the biggest kick out of it would never be able to see it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabratha

Sabratha


Posts : 1541
Contribution Points : 79452
Forum Reputation : 165
Join date : 2015-03-31
Location : The Mazovian Lowland

What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?   What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 5:41 am

CharlesWhitman wrote:
I think it's a shame Eric and Dylan could never know books like this and documentaries like Zero Hour would even exist.

I doubt at anytime in their life before their planning that they would have thought that one day a whole book would be written about them and actors would be portray them and famous celebrities would know who they were and discuss them, KMFDM talked about them and heck even Kevin Bacon just recently went to a Columbine theater play. I know Eric did talk about Speilberg making a movie about him though, and even if it did happen, the people who would get the biggest kick out of it would never be able to see it.

I'm pretty sure E&D had some sort of notion that their attack would get publicity, probbaly down to movies beaing made and whatnot (alledged bastement tape quote).

I'm still looking forward to the Rachel-the-christian-flick movie even if it will be full of innacuracies and silly jesus-religious-do-you-believe-in-Gott stuff. In a weird way I think Eric at least would appreciate that the peopel he killed became famous as well.

Heck, if he knew the notoriety this would create, I'm sure he would specifically round up pretty girls and ask them the god question before killing them. Then probably laugh his head off at the christian revival and nationwide confusion caused. That would be so like him.

_________________
Life is like a tram - you need to know when to get off.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archvile

Archvile


Posts : 185
Contribution Points : 64211
Forum Reputation : 18
Join date : 2015-08-21
Age : 31
Location : England

What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?   What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 7:53 am

making that movie is just away to make the massacre look like an anti-Christian attack, and the fact they have two guys playing Eric and Dylan in it, is kinda giving them what they wanted. Also the behind the scenes photos are kinda strange seeing the two actors in full Eric and Dylan costume smiling and clowning around for the camera.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana92

Nirvana92


Posts : 358
Contribution Points : 67689
Forum Reputation : 80
Join date : 2015-04-21

What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?   What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 9:25 pm

Both boys would love the fact that books, tv episodes, movies, plays, and videogames have been made about themselves and the attack. That's what they appear to have wanted, especially Eric. Cullen does paint him in a pretty positive light compared to real life. He paints him as a ladies man and master manipulating psychopath with no remorse for killing. That's the very thing Eric wanted to be and now thanks to Cullen that's how hell be remembered by the general public. I wonder if Cullen ever took into consideration that he was really doing Eric the ultimate favor with his false portrayal? When you think about it like that its hard to sympathize with Cullen's works criticism.

I really doubt Dylan would be happy with Cullen's book specifically. While Dylan didnt seem to want fame near as much as Eric he would have hated being called the follower. Cullen doesn't even touch on the "wrath" he unleashed in the library. Dylan was a monster that day and Cullen treats him like he was scared to death of a whiny kid a foot shorter than him and was forced to be a part of it. I don't believe in making E and D out to be heroes, but even I can't help but feel insulted for Dylan. He did a much better job of hiding his anger and bloodlust than Eric. His inappropriate characterizations of E and D is why I can't recommend the book to anyone interested in Columbine.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabratha

Sabratha


Posts : 1541
Contribution Points : 79452
Forum Reputation : 165
Join date : 2015-03-31
Location : The Mazovian Lowland

What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?   What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 9:04 am

Nirvana92 wrote:
I really doubt Dylan would be happy with Cullen's book specifically. While Dylan didnt seem to want fame near as much as Eric he would have hated being called the follower

Agreed. Accordign to the alledged basement tape quote, it was Dylan who said: "I know we are gonna have followers".

I'd stress the "we" part. Dylan certainly did not consider himself a follower, ratehr someone to have followers himself down the road. Frankly, I think he was in fact right on both.

_________________
Life is like a tram - you need to know when to get off.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archvile

Archvile


Posts : 185
Contribution Points : 64211
Forum Reputation : 18
Join date : 2015-08-21
Age : 31
Location : England

What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?   What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 9:08 am

After reading all of Dylan's journals, it doesn't seem like he's a follower, it feels like he has his personal reasons for this attack, they both were fighting for their own personal war, he wasn't doing it just because Eric said so. Eric had his reasons, Dylan had his.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabratha

Sabratha


Posts : 1541
Contribution Points : 79452
Forum Reputation : 165
Join date : 2015-03-31
Location : The Mazovian Lowland

What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?   What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 9:20 am

CharlesWhitman wrote:
After reading all of Dylan's journals, it doesn't seem like he's a follower, it feels like he has his personal reasons for this attack, they both were fighting for their own personal war, he wasn't doing it just because Eric said so. Eric had his reasons, Dylan had his.
I'd strongly agree.

_________________
Life is like a tram - you need to know when to get off.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA


Posts : 275
Contribution Points : 49034
Forum Reputation : 28
Join date : 2017-12-09
Age : 38
Location : Vancouver, Canada

What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?   What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:25 pm

No I don't think Eric would like Dave portraying him to be a psychopathic evil demon while Dylan was innocent in Dave's eyes because I think Eric would feel like by Dave portraying him this way, he would be even more ostracized and disliked.....but that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA


Posts : 275
Contribution Points : 49034
Forum Reputation : 28
Join date : 2017-12-09
Age : 38
Location : Vancouver, Canada

What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?   What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:29 pm

Nirvana92 wrote:
Both boys would love the fact that books, tv episodes, movies, plays, and videogames have been made about themselves and the attack. That's what they appear to have wanted, especially Eric. Cullen does paint him in a pretty positive light compared to real life. He paints him as a ladies man and master manipulating psychopath with no remorse for killing. That's the very thing Eric wanted to be and now thanks to Cullen that's how hell be remembered by the general public. I wonder if Cullen ever took into consideration that he was really doing Eric the ultimate favor with his false portrayal? When you think about it like that its hard to sympathize with Cullen's works criticism.

I really doubt Dylan would be happy with Cullen's book specifically. While Dylan didnt seem to want fame near as much as Eric he would have hated being called the follower. Cullen doesn't even touch on the "wrath" he unleashed in the library. Dylan was a monster that day and Cullen treats him like he was scared to death of a whiny kid a foot shorter than him and was forced to be a part of it. I don't believe in making E and D out to be heroes, but even I can't help but feel insulted for Dylan. He did a much better job of hiding his anger and bloodlust than Eric. His inappropriate characterizations of E and D is why I can't recommend the book to anyone interested in Columbine.


Yes because from what I heard, it was Dylan who was scary on 4/20, more so than Eric. In fact, Dylan is the one who scares me more than Eric. Like in the Hitmen For Hire video, Dylan looks like he could rip your heart out from your anus and then eat it, Eric comes off as like "yeah whatever dude, STFO" when you see and hear him in the Hitmen For Hire video, but Dylan looks like he could really kill you in that video and I'm sure before the planning and rage, Dylan was probably a sweet, shy guy but in that video and from reports of 4/20/99, Dylan seemed to be the more scarier guy, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6251
Contribution Points : 176723
Forum Reputation : 1138
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 40

What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?   What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 1:09 am

From that day Dylan would have made me crap my pants, anyone with a gun would but Dylan being a maniac laughing and screaming about wanting to die and supposedly saying "you're all mine" would terrify me.

However in Hitmen for Hire neither of them scare me at all. I enjoy watching it oddly enough. I look at it as just a student film and in 2 takes Dylan grins and laughs at the end.

I am mostly disturbed by Rampart Range for various reasons.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4078
Contribution Points : 100377
Forum Reputation : 3050
Join date : 2017-09-04

What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?   What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 1:29 am

Nirvana92 wrote:
Both boys would love the fact that books, tv episodes, movies, plays, and videogames have been made about themselves and the attack. That's what they appear to have wanted, especially Eric. Cullen does paint him in a pretty positive light compared to real life. He paints him as a ladies man and master manipulating psychopath with no remorse for killing. That's the very thing Eric wanted to be and now thanks to Cullen that's how hell be remembered by the general public. I wonder if Cullen ever took into consideration that he was really doing Eric the ultimate favor with his false portrayal? When you think about it like that its hard to sympathize with Cullen's works criticism.

I mean I don't know how many people bought Cullen's book and took it to heart, but I doubt it was as significant as some make it out to be.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSpiral

TheSpiral


Posts : 550
Contribution Points : 59289
Forum Reputation : 13
Join date : 2016-04-15
Age : 23
Location : Croatia

What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?   What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 5:44 am

Eric would have loved it, because it presented him in way that he wanted to be presented.
Dylan not so much. I don't think he would have liked being called a follower.

_________________
Falling out of airplanes and hiding out in holes
Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home
Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head
Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content





What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?   What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
What would Eric and Dylan think of Cullen's book?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Book with Eric and Dylan’s writings
» Interesting book that printed Eric and Dylan's journals-it's kinda strange
» Sue's book: "Eric was a failed Hitler"; she DOES blame Eric
» The IQs of Eric and Dylan?
» The book of revelations inspired Dylan?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: