Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Girls that Eric dated or tried to date

Go down 
+14
LPorter101
Freezingmoon
Draw_It_White
perpetual state
deathmedic
radaddio
Archvile
lol
PaintItBlack
WendlaBergman
em81
Sabratha
sororityalpha
18 posters
AuthorMessage
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 126349
Forum Reputation : 1001

Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Empty
PostSubject: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 10:03 pm

Tiffany Typher – Went to homecoming with Eric freshman year (’95). When she refused him anymore dates, he and some friends staged a fake suicide for her benefit, where Eric pretended to bash his head in with a rock. This was said to be overly theatrical and not to be taken serious.

Kristen Quikien - He often asked her out although she wouldn’t go out with him [page 003607]

Valerie Lage – Apparently dated Eric in 1996. [page 019017]

Sasha Jacobs – Dated Eric from late ’97 to early ’98. Says he hated life and envied his older brother. When they broke up she received threats by email, which stopped when she changed her screen name. He wrote about her in Chad Laughlin’s 1998 yearbook, saying, “Sasha is a fat trendy whiney annoying terd and I went out w/ her cause I felt sorry for her I guess. Oh well. I bet you’ll show her this“ [page 000960]. She went to Littleton High School, not Columbine, so grade is unknown. Quote from Eric, "Sasha is a fat trendy whiney annoying terd and I went out with her cause I felt sorry for her I guess."

Unknown name – Met Eric at a soccer game in the summer of 1998; hung out with him three times, including a date at Eliches that may have included Nate and Dylan. He wasn’t her type, she described him as weird, not personable, not very talkative, and maybe “a little evil.” She decided to stop answering his phone calls and he called her house and pager repeatedly for the next three weeks before suddenly ceasing.

Jen LNU – Worked at Tortilla Wraps with Eric summer of 1998. She was a year older than him and heading off to CSU. He was interested in her and wrote her a letter describing how much he’d like to spend time with her and talk. An AOL instant message conversation with her also appears in the Columbine Documents. Nothing ever came of this.

Katie Thompson [page 001221] – Went out with Eric once in early 1999, but her mother put a stop to it because he was too old (he was a senior, she was a freshman). He took her and some of her friends out for lunch about two weeks before the attack. Asked her to Prom but her mom wouldn’t let her go. She said he was weird and not her type.

Kim Carlin – Worked at Blackjack’s with Eric. They were both seniors. He apparently had a crush on her, but nothing came of it. She may be the girl he fantasizes about in one journal entry, when he refers to a girl "who I wanted to just fuck like hell, she made me practically drool, when she wore those shorts to work.. instant hard on. I couldnt stop staring."

Megan Minger – Eric wanted to date her because she had a Rammstein sticker on her car. He left a note on her car with his number, asking her to call him. He asked her repeatedly if he was ever going to call him, but she never did.

Tanya Worlock – Worked at Great Clips with Susan DeWitt; Eric asked her out about 10 times and was always nice about it, but wouldn’t take no for an answer even though she repeatedly turned him down.

Megan Lebsack – Also worked at Great Clips and was asked out by Eric, but she turned him down.

Brandi Tinklenberg - Transferred to Columbine and was in Eric’s Video Production class. She was a junior when he was a senior. Infamous blonde on the ‘Eric in Columbine’ video. Also seen in the short kidnapping/murder mystery clip, where Eric pretends to strangle her. Eric asked her to Prom (via another girl in their class), but she turned him down because she didn’t feel like going. He appeared hurt and didn’t talk to her after that.

Sabrina Cooley – Eric asked her to Prom after Brandi turned him down, but she, too, turned him down. Apparently she embarrassed him in front of the whole class. She was a senior.

Susan DeWitt – Worked at Great Clips near Blackjacks and was Eric’s last date. He asked her out the Saturday before the attack and they spent Prom night watching Event Horizon; apparently he only kissed her on the cheek when she departed. She was a junior at the time.

Kristi (or Kristine) Epling - Dating Nate at the time of the attack. Apparently had a crush on Eric at some point, but he was not interested in dating her - Rumored that he was interested in Alyssa Sechler at the time. Nate then asked her out and after they began dating, Eric started flirting with Kristi, causing a falling out between the two friends temporarily. This was eventually mended, though Nate and Eric were not as close at the time of the shooting as they had once been.

Last edited by sororityalpha on Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:27 am; edited 4 times in total

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 100391
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 6:37 am

Sounds like a gossip section in a tabloid.

I remember someone posting stuff on the old forums with some CHS kid reporting Harris and Heins had something going on in 98 (or was it 97?). There was some discussion about taht, but in the end nobody found evidence outside of witness reports that were somewhat sketchy.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 103524
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 11:18 am

Sabratha wrote:
Sounds like a gossip section in a tabloid.

I remember someone posting stuff on the old forums with some CHS kid reporting Harris and Heins had something going on in 98 (or was it 97?). There was some discussion about taht, but in the end nobody found evidence outside of witness reports that were somewhat sketchy.

that sounds like an interesting discussion.
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 92274
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 6:17 pm

I think that this information makes a strong case for the fact that Eric did have lots of girls who thought he was cute, so superficially, he didn't have trouble. But of course if you show an extreme angry or weird streak that'll scare girls away.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 98841
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
I think Eric also had problems with girls because his interests,music and dress were far outside the mainstream. The Littleton area seems uniform for the most part and E &D definitely did not fit in.
It seems like a lot of girls there did not want to be seen as associated with a weird, unpopular guy.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 105047
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 2:31 am

We're all aware that Eric had SOME dates, but was he this pussy pounding confident ladies man as Mr. Cullen says? Hell to the no. Most of Eric's dates went awful, and there is a reason for that. He had crappy self esteem, and so many girls said there was something "off" about him. What does he do with Susan on their date? Watch some crappy movie (that he wanted to watch mind you), and then proceeds to bitch to her about Mike Dinkle, and how his feelings were hurt. I mean come on.

Oh, and the fact that he couldn't land a prom date even with his friends helping him tells you enough doesn't it?

By the way most of this list is with women rejecting him. The anti pimp.
Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

Contribution Points : 82011
Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 3:18 am

it seems that these girls weren't into the same stuff as Eric (maybe just a band or two) and that they found him to be quiet, not very talkative and kind of strange, and they felt fearful when it came to the time when they had to admit that the relationship wont work because he would take it very personal. If you watch Eric in the cafeteria video that's a good insight into his character, at no point of time was he ever the center of the conversation, where he talked for long periods of time and everybody listened, he would only add in comments here and there, he did seem like quiet, withdrawn type.

Cullen's fictional version of Eric was a guy with no confidence issues, he would sweep girls off their feet and tell them all the right words, take them out for romantic dinners and and have girls staring over at him in the commons, they would follow him around and constantly ask him for his phone number. and all the jocks would be jealous on Eric so they retaliated by picking on him.

I think the reason girls had trouble relating to Eric is because he was a confused guy, his family moved him all around and he never was able to find himself, he spent the first year of the school wearing smart shirts and probably staying behind in lab class to help the teacher, and playing soccer, but because it was a school that specializes in sport, he was no match for the athletes so that lead him to Chris Morris i'd assume and his dark clothing and rebellious outlook on life and music taste would rub off on Eric and he would change his clothing style and music taste and try and find himelf and be apart of a group and find the right style for him, and his dad's military influence, plus the fact he grew up on Dos/win95 computers playing shooting games, specifically Doom where you play as a marine, like in the sci-fi b-movies he'd watch with soldiers gunning down aliens, all of this would influence his style, and he ended up maintaining that smart 'nerdy' look but mixed with that dark, rebellious style from Chris Morris and a splash of the military influenced by his father, movies and video games. And because Eric wasn't officially tagged with any pre-set group (such as Goths, Metalheads, Rockers etc) he was at that teen age where he was just trying to establish himself and his place and the woman had a difficult time relating to him.

AnnunakiLady likes this post

Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 11:47 am

CharlesWhitman wrote:
it seems that these girls weren't into the same stuff as Eric (maybe just a band or two) and that they found him to be quiet, not very talkative and kind of strange, and they felt fearful when it came to the time when they had to admit that the relationship wont work because he would take it very personal. If you watch Eric in the cafeteria video that's a good insight into his character, at no point of time was he ever the center of the conversation, where he talked for long periods of time and everybody listened, he would only add in comments here and there, he did seem like quiet, withdrawn type.

Cullen's fictional version of Eric was a guy with no confidence issues, he would sweep girls off their feet and tell them all the right words, take them out for romantic dinners and and have girls staring over at him in the commons, they would follow him around and constantly ask him for his phone number. and all the jocks would be jealous on Eric so they retaliated by picking on him.

I think the reason girls had trouble relating to Eric is because he was a confused guy, his family moved him all around and he never was able to find himself, he spent the first year of the school wearing smart shirts and probably staying behind in lab class to help the teacher, and playing soccer, but because it was a school that specializes in sport, he was no match for the athletes so that lead him to Chris Morris i'd assume and his dark clothing and rebellious outlook on life and music taste would rub off on Eric and he would change his clothing style and music taste and try and find himelf and be apart of a group and find the right style for him, and his dad's military influence, plus the fact he grew up on Dos/win95 computers playing shooting games, specifically Doom where you play as a marine, like in the sci-fi b-movies he'd watch with soldiers gunning down aliens, all of this would influence his style, and he ended up maintaining that smart 'nerdy' look but mixed with that dark, rebellious style from Chris Morris and a splash of the military influenced by his father, movies and video games. And because Eric wasn't officially tagged with any pre-set group (such as Goths, Metalheads, Rockers etc) he was at that teen age where he was just trying to establish himself and his place and the woman had a difficult time relating to him.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Dylan and Eric were both influenced by Chris Morris IMO.

johncena likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 12:12 pm

The most serious issues and the most mature stuff he was wrapping his head around was precisely the sort of stuff he wouldn't share with a random girl on a random date.

So in the end, frankly I think most girls probably found him boring, immature (was into films/games that were rather childish), short tempered, a guy who takes everything personal and overall not fun to be around.

Even if he found someone who liked the same music or books, that's not much to build a relationship on. Just my 0.02 $

Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 8:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
I agree that's not much to build a relationship on but I think it could have been a good start. I think Eric needed a girl who looked at life in a different way than the norm.
I don' think she had to agree with him on everything but just someone who saw things a lot of others didn't could have connected with him on a deep level.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 85690
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 12:11 pm

What were the chances of Eric making progress with the females that were in the TCM? Barring that, what about the other more "goth" or outcast types at the school?

The impression I have is that Eric was the type to were combat boots, bloused cargo pants and KMFDM shirts. Yet, his tastes and preferences in a potential female partner were much more mainstream.
Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 81681

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 8:21 pm

There is something that doesn’t add up for me. It’s about that date with Susan, his last date just a few days before Columbine happened. I mean, he knew that this was his last chance of getting laid in his life, his parents are out for dinner.

So what does he do? He shows her Event Horizon (!). Yeah, good choice for getting a girl turned on. And he knows that we will die in just a few days. This is the last chance.

Susan said to the cops that he put his arm around her once and gave her a goodbye kiss…that was all the intimacy they shared that night. Unless Susan lied to the cops, which I think is highly unlikely.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 10:40 pm

I think that goes a long way in showing how bad he was with girls. I't's like he had some disconnect that allowed him to get the initial dates, but there was some fundamental gap when it came to showing his capabilities as a long term mate.
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 104149

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 10:58 am

C'mon we all know Eric never had to fap once... He was the biggest pimp of them all, he put Wilt Chamberlin to shame.
Sarcasm Off

What I see here is women who either rejected him out right, or gave him a chance and he scared them off. I mean how many women has every guy here asked out and got rejected? How many guys have you women rejected?
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 11:32 am

I have to admit, he had enough confidence to ask a fair amount of girls out. If he truly had self confidence issues, a couple of rejections would have had a huge effect on him. The fact that he showed a girl a gory sci fi flick as a last ditch effort to hook up is sort of telling.

I think that "Event Horizon" was a favorite of his, as a rental copy of it was also part of the personal effects that were taken out of evidence after the van break in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 5:19 pm

He didn't even try to kiss her (not counting the goodbye kiss).

He had the "courage"(or whatever…) to carry out a massacre but not the courage to kiss a girl when he knows that he is going to die anyway in a few days.

I mean, WTF?!

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 5:30 pm

This goes towards mental health, and Eric's feeling's towards the opposite sex. He can't muster the courage to kiss a girl, but he can shoot one in the face less than a week later.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 6:06 pm

radaddio wrote:
This goes towards mental health, and Eric's feeling's towards the opposite sex. He can't muster the courage to kiss a girl, but he can shoot one in the face less than a week later.

And still he kept asking girls out and asking girls to prom etc. But when a girl was at his house, his parents are out, again knowing that he will die soon and this is his last chance, he chickens out.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 7:47 pm

Sometimes I wonder if Susan DeWitt fibbed about Eric just kissing her cheek and perhaps actually full-on kissed him. I know if I was in her position, my lips would be sealed as to where all my lips were that night. I honestly don't understand why they asked her about it in the first place or what kind of bearing it would have on the criminal investigation. The note she wrote to Eric after he passed away also makes me wonder how deep the connection was too.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 8:05 pm

"my lips would be sealed as to where all my lips were that night"

Thanks, I just spit coffee all over my laptop : )

In all seriousness, that's a good question. I'm still surprised at the amount of stuff that investigators have managed to catalog on Eric and Dylan. If I were to chance a guess, I would say it was probably the FBI psychology team that deemed that info important.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 10:05 pm

I think the police would know pretty quickly if she lied. I mean, when something like this happens, who has the courage to lie to the police? Especially people who never has been "involved" or questioned about a crime before. We are talking about kids here. And Susan approached the cops, not the other way around.

BUT
I still feel something doesn’t add up. Two things:

1. Eric’s dad Wayne went to Great Clips, where Susan worked, the day after and said hello to her. Just walking in to a barber shop to say hello to a staff member after only meeting her as soon as the day before? Clearly Eric must have said that things went well with Susan or something nice about her anyways. Because if things didn’t had gone well, no way Wayne Harris would have walked in there.

2. Susan and Eric talked on the parking lot at Monday the 19th. If she rejected a kiss for example from him Saturday night, it would not make sense why he would go and talk to her. Like when Brandi didn’t want to go to prom with him, he never spoke to her again.

I can still only come to the conclusion that Eric chickened out. And since it seems like it was no awkwardness afterwards between them, there was only that kiss on the cheek.
What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:09 pm

Its possible that nothing happened, and they stayed in sporadic contact until the shooting.

...However, it's also possible that he actually did finally trash his v card, and just didn't get it into any kind of record. Likewise, Susan might have lied about it purely to cover up the fact that she slept with a murderer. I can only imagine what kind of grief would befall her at that school if she were to reveal that. This is just speculation, though. I truly feel that if Eric did seal the deal with Susan, it may have actually put a stop to the entire plot.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 126349
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 12:45 am

Susan DeWitt worked at Great Clips near Blackjack Pizza.

Before showing an interest in her, Eric asked out Tanya Worlock and Megan Lebsack who were her coworkers. He used to stop in and talk to them and took great interest in them when they’d stop in on their lunch breaks. Susan was Eric’s last date. He asked her out the Saturday before the attack and they spent prom night together. (They apparently watched “Event Horizon”.) She declined his offer to go to the after prom party with him because her sister called her and told her she had to come home. He apparently thanked her and kissed her on the cheek before she left. She was a junior at the time of the massacre.

After his death, she wrote a very kind and loving letter to the boy she knew and not who the media made him out to be.

Susan DeWitt's Letter to Eric Harris:

Eric David Harris, I didn’t know the person hiding under your smile. I didn’t know about the pain you carried in your heart. I didn’t know the torture you endured for so long. And I didn’t want to believe you were capable of such destruction. I didn’t know I could feel such pain for someone I really didn’t know. If I knew what your eyes hid, and what your mind was screaming, maybe I could have helped you. I could have loved you. All I know is the pain I am feeling inside. All I know is the person I talked to everyday, the person who seemed happy, the person who always helped me and made sure I had everything I needed.

I see your picture on the pages, they say what a monster you are, they say how you were mean and cruel. But you see, I can’t believe what they say. I knew the smiling person, the person who helped me. I don’t want to hear it anymore. I want it to go away, the angry cries well up in me and I hate you for making me so scared and sad. Leaving me without any explanation. Leaving me with wandering thoughts and hollow cries. Did you try and reach me? Did you try to tell me? I will live with the memories and the unanswered questions I hold in my heart. Not a day will go by that I will not wonder why.

As times goes by, I am getting stronger, but then the moment comes when I break down and cry. I am so sorry I didn’t see the rage you had inside. I am sorry I was so blind and couldn’t see all the things you tried to show me. No matter how wrong you were, I will love the person who smiled and said “Hi” to me everyday. I promise to never forget the person I knew, and forget the person they say you were.

Love Always and Forever, Susan DeWitt

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 7:31 am

That really doesn't seem like something someone would write after one, awkward date. She is expressing a lot here.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 10:25 am

radaddio wrote:

...However, it's also possible that he actually did finally trash his v card, and just didn't get it into any kind of record. Likewise, Susan might have lied about it purely to cover up the fact that she slept with a murderer. I can only imagine what kind of grief would befall her at that school if she were to reveal that. This is just speculation, though. I truly feel that if Eric did seal the deal with Susan, it may have actually put a stop to the entire plot.

Could be. Cops cover up a lot of things too. The threats from Eric towards Brooks and his family etc...  

In that case, they could have “spun it around” to protect her. Like they protect some people from the “shit list”. Maybe people would blame her or something if it was made public that they in fact were intimate of some sort that night.  

I don’t think it would have stopped the whole thing. NBK was coming up and it was too late. With everything that they had planned, bought and such, there was no way NBK wasn’t going to happen, no matter what happened with Susan.

“Under different circumstances it would have been a lot different”
– Eric to Susan in his final video in the morning April 20th.

But like you said, it’s all speculative.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 11:56 am

sororityalpha wrote:
Susan DeWitt's Letter to Eric Harris:

Eric David Harris, I didn’t know the person hiding under your smile. I didn’t know about the pain you carried in your heart. I didn’t know the torture you endured for so long. And I didn’t want to believe you were capable of such destruction. I didn’t know I could feel such pain for someone I really didn’t know. If I knew what your eyes hid, and what your mind was screaming, maybe I could have helped you. I could have loved you. All I know is the pain I am feeling inside. All I know is the person I talked to everyday, the person who seemed happy, the person who always helped me and made sure I had everything I needed.

I see your picture on the pages, they say what a monster you are, they say how you were mean and cruel. But you see, I can’t believe what they say. I knew the smiling person, the person who helped me. I don’t want to hear it anymore. I want it to go away, the angry cries well up in me and I hate you for making me so scared and sad. Leaving me without any explanation. Leaving me with wandering thoughts and hollow cries. Did you try and reach me? Did you try to tell me? I will live with the memories and the unanswered questions I hold in my heart. Not a day will go by that I will not wonder why.

As time goes by, I am getting stronger, but then the moment comes when I break down and cry. I am so sorry I didn’t see the rage you had inside. I am sorry I was so blind and couldn’t see all the things you tried to show me. No matter how wrong you were, I will love the person who smiled and said “Hi” to me everyday. I promise to never forget the person I knew, and forget the person they say you were.

Love Always and Forever, Susan DeWitt

I made an account just to chime in on this. I recently saw a play performed by a local small theatre group that was like the Erlkings but with alternative rock songs added. It sounds cheesy but it actually worked really well. Near the end of it, Hate Me by Blue October was performed by Eric and the girl who was supposed to be Susan (names except perpetrators' and victims' were changed) as a duet. He was in all black and on a black part of the stage that was supposed to be Hell and so was Dylan but he was just sitting on the floor forlorn strumming the guitar part and she was standing in front of Eric's cross for part of it and instead of the voicemail at the beginning of the original song it started out with her reading this letter.There wasn't a dry eye in the house. For a play that pissed so many people off it was pretty damn good. Sorry to go so far off topic but reading this gave me chills. That letter is so touching.

Last edited by HateMeInWays on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 12:40 pm

radaddio wrote:
What were the chances of Eric making progress with the females that were in the TCM? Barring that, what about the other more "goth" or outcast types at the school?

Other than the probably unsubstantiated Heins rumors? None.

Back to top Go down
perpetual state

Contribution Points : 94242

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 1:05 pm

Well if Susan was type of girl that sleeps with a guy on the first date(whether shes a virgin or not.) Maybe she wrote that letter because she felt sorry for him and she wish she could had helped.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 2:53 pm

That could be. What she wrote was very heartfelt. It seemed like she had pretty deep feelings for him, at least.

I still find it odd that he never made any relationships with the other TCM types at the school. In their senior year, they would have been kings of that clique, given their choice of music, clothing and activities.

I know a few girls indicated an interest in Dylan. One of them was turned off when she witnessed him being mean to another student.
Back to top Go down
perpetual state

Contribution Points : 94242

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 3:34 pm

Dylan dated Kristin Theibault didn't he? Cory Freisen said they dated and Alexandra Marsh thought he Kristin were dating. She was part of TCM, right? I'm sorry, I forgot.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 3:52 pm

radaddio wrote:
That could be. What she wrote was very heartfelt. It seemed like she had pretty deep feelings for him, at least.

I still find it odd that he never made any relationships with the other TCM types at the school. In their senior year, they would have been kings of that clique, given their choice of music, clothing and activities.

As far as I know, the "kings" of the clique (if you want to clal them that) were all from teh class of 98'
E&D were something like "friendly outsiders" more than atcual TCM people. Same for Royn, Becca Heins etc. I think out of their closer freinds, only Morris comes close to being a real TCM person afaik.

Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 4:01 pm

I'd have to go back to the Kass book and double check.
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 4:50 pm

perpetual state wrote:
Dylan dated Kristin Theibault didn't he? Cory Freisen said they dated and Alexandra Marsh thought he Kristin were dating. She was part of TCM, right? I'm sorry, I forgot.

They went on one date shortly before the shooting IIRC.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 5:03 pm

Sabratha wrote:
radaddio wrote:

As far as I know, the "kings" of the clique (if you want to clal them that) were all from teh class of 98'
E&D were something like "friendly outsiders" more than atcual TCM people. Same for Royn, Becca Heins etc. I think out of their closer freinds, only Morris comes close to being a real TCM person afaik.

Yeah, I knew that the TCM was mostly gone by the time E&D were seniors. I was figuring that the same types of people would have been at the school still.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 100293
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 7:10 pm

I've done dumb dates before like Eric. I guess a lot of guys have when you're young and inexperienced meeting chicks.

You wanna show you're a 'manly' type guy so you stick a horror flick on then the chick will cuddle up to you all scared etc - I get where he might have been coming from with that type of movie choice.

I suspect it was just an unsuccessful date he had where he thought about it too much & it didn't pan out the way he envisioned.
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 79770

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 7:26 pm

It kind of baffles me how Eric was planning to blow up his school and stuff, but yet he took a moment to nicely apologize to Susan DeWitt on the Basement tapes and even tell her she could have his Fly cd. I wonder if she ever got it.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 9:21 pm

At least we know one thing...he at least had the balls to go ask out a girl, even if he was extremely awkward, and persistent (in a bad way), unlike Elliot Rodger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 3:00 pm

lol wrote:
At least we know one thing...he at least had the balls to go ask out a girl, even if he was extremely awkward, and persistent (in a bad way), unlike Elliot Rodger.

he did...even though he wrote on November 12, 1998:

Quote :
"...I have always hated how I looked, I make fun of people who look like me, sometimes without even thinking sometimes just because I want to rip on myself. Thats where a lot of my hate grows from, the fact that I have practically no selfesteem, especially concerning girls and looks and such. therefore people make fun of me... constantly... therefore I get no respect and therefore I get fucking PISSED"
Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

Contribution Points : 82011
Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 6:29 am

1891 wrote:

he did...even though he wrote on November 12, 1998:

Quote :
"...I have always hated how I looked, I make fun of people who look like me, sometimes without even thinking sometimes just because I want to rip on myself. Thats where a lot of my hate grows from, the fact that I have practically no selfesteem, especially concerning girls and looks and such. therefore people make fun of me... constantly... therefore I get no respect and therefore I get fucking PISSED"

Yes that's true and I know Eric used the shotgun to kill himself, because it would be instant and painless, and his rifle isn't a suicide weapon, but I think the Eric of Dave Cullen's novel who was in love with his face and had high amounts of self-esteem and would have probably wanted his face preserved even in death and would have shot himself in the heart. I mean it's clear why Eric used the shotgun already, but I'm sure that hatred toward himself also had a role into how extreme the damage to his head would be.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 155121
Forum Reputation : 2814

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 5:52 pm

Who was this girl?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

His computer talents also landed Harris a girlfriend. Through an on-line chat last summer, he met a local teenager and began dating her around July or August. He even took her to a Columbine dance during the fall semester, friends say.

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 4:43 pm

radaddio wrote:

I know a few girls indicated an interest in Dylan. One of them was turned off when she witnessed him being mean to another student.

What? Care to elaborate a bit? I've never heard of that.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 6:39 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Who was this girl?

His computer talents also landed Harris a girlfriend. Through an on-line chat last summer, he met a local teenager and began dating her around July or August. He even took her to a Columbine dance during the fall semester, friends say.

I've wondered this since 1999 LPorter. Eric dated her for about 3 months which is probably his longest relationship ever. I think this is a different girl than Sasha.
All I know is that she was 17 at the time of the shootings and her identity was protected by law.Nothing else about her has ever leaked out.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 93306
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 6:34 am

perpetual state wrote:
Well if Susan was type of girl that sleeps with a guy on the first date(whether shes a virgin or not.) Maybe she wrote that letter because she felt sorry for him and she wish she could had helped.
Seems like a deep connection to me.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 82061
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 7:01 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Who was this girl?

I've wondered this since 1999 LPorter. Eric dated her for about 3 months which is probably his longest relationship ever. I think this is a different girl than Sasha.
All I know is that she was 17 at the time of the shootings and her identity was protected by law.Nothing else about her has ever leaked out.

This is my first time reading this. Anyone knows more? This wasn't Jen LSU right?

Engel

Contribution Points : 38828
Forum Reputation : 197

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2022 6:03 pm

I bet Eric probably felt truly alone at that school and in Littleton that there was no girl who had the same lifestyle and views as him. All these dates and hangouts yet they all always seemed to go nowhere.

"Humanity is overrated, isn't it?" - Matti Saari

"Live in virtue, no desire
And in the grave an angel's choir
You look to heaven and wonder why
No one can see them in the sky

Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
Alone in fear, they question why
Goddamn, not an angel when I die
" - Engel, Rammstein (English version)
Back to top Go down
Xtina
Top Contributor
Xtina

Contribution Points : 38116
Forum Reputation : 256

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2022 9:41 am

Found this not sure on the accuracy:

Alyssa Sechler: A Columbine senior, Alyssa had German class with Eric and it is said that he had a big crush on her. Apparently, he would run up to her, give her a hug and tell her how beautiful she was. She said in her statement that Eric went with her and her mum to get their car windshield fixed some time in early 99 and she also said that she believed he wouldn’t have shot her had he seen her inside the school because he was always very nice to her. I have no clue as to what she is up to these days.

Tiffany Typher: A columbine senior, Tiffany is the girl sucking the ‘blue sucker’ in Eric in Columbine. Eric took Tiffany to his freshman homecoming (1995, pictures available online) after their homecoming date, Tiffany chose not to go out with Eric again. Always one for a bit of blood and gore, Eric staged a fake suicide in front of his house with Brooks Browns help. Tiffany was upset and didn’t speak to Eric after that until Junior year. She described him as ‘not her type’ and ‘weird’. Tiffany is married with two boys and still lives in Denver  

Megan Minger: A Columbine junior, Megan Minger had a Rammstein sticker on her car that Eric took notice of. He left a note on her windshield with his number, asking her to call him. She never did and he would approach her to ask why she would not call him. She is probably the “Megan” that Eric mentions in the Basement Tapes as one of the “bitches who never called me back”. Megan states Eric gave her an evil stare for about 5 minutes at the after prom. I am not aware of what she is doing these days.  

Katie Thompson: A Columbine freshman, Katie was a girl that Eric went on a few dates with (Chilli’s, Outback steakhouse) until her mother put a stop to it because she didn’t think it was okay that her daughter date a senior. Katie described Eric as ‘not her type’ and ‘weird’ (sensing a pattern here?) and Katie’s mother reported in the 11k that Katie’s friend told her that Katie was scared of Eric. That being said, she and a few of her friends went to lunch with him 2 weeks before the shooting (her actual dates with him had been much earlier, with Eric showing an interest in her as way back as Nov) and Katie states in her 11k statement that Eric was cool with the fact that her mom wouldn’t let her date him and that they could only be friends. Katie is now a photographer and lives in the Denver area.  

Kristi Epling: A Columbine senior,the claims around this are very conflicting and confusing but pretty much the story is that Nate liked Kristi, Kristi liked Eric, Eric liked Alyssa until Nate started dating Kristi, then Eric started flirting with Kristi and Nate and Eric had a falling out over it. Kristi states that Nate was jealous of Eric. She also states that she and Eric went on an informal date in January 1999. I don’t know anything about her where abouts today.  

Brandi Tinklenberg: A Columbine junior, Brandi is the blonde from the ‘Eric in Columbine’ videos, also the Harris kidnapping video. Brandi transferred to Columbine in Aug/Sep 1998. She had a video class with Eric and Eric had a crush on her but as we all know, she didn’t reciprocate his feelings. Eric asked Brandi to the prom, but Brandi rejected him because she hadn’t planned on going. She commented that he was always very sweet to her. Brandi has 3 children and lives in Minnesota. She was not featured in the yearbook, except for in a volleyball group picture (her face is not visible).  

Jen Laufenberg: Jen was a Columbine graduate, who worked with Eric the summer of ‘98 at Tortilla Wraps. Eric had a big crush on Jen, she was 16 months his senior and also his manager at TW. He wrote her an email stating how much he would like to spend time with her and he also saved their internet chats, which they continued to have after he stopped working there and she went away to college. Jen stated in the 11k that after work her, Nate and Eric would go to a movie or hang out at one of their houses. She stated she was aware of Eric’s interest in her but did nothing of it because she thought it would be unprofessional to date one of her workers. Jen is married and lives in Denver.  

Sasha Jacobs: A student at Littleton High, Sasha dated Eric from October ‘97 until January ‘98. She met Eric after dating Dylan and deciding she did not like Dylan because she thought he was strange. On their dates, Sasha said she and Eric would go to the movies and she would always pick the movie. She stated she would go to dinner at the Harris house. She said Eric hated life and was envious of his older brother. Once they stopped dating Sasha received email threats from Eric and had to change her username. Sasha is married and works as a nurse.  

Tanya Worlock: A sophomore at Columbine High, Tanya worked at Great Clips and was asked out by Eric 10 times. Tanya turned him down every time because she had a boyfriend. She said Eric was polite, but very persistent.  

Meghan Lebsack: A junior at Columbine, Meghan was asked out by Eric but turned him down. She was dating Mike Dinkle at the time.  

Kim Carlin: A senior at Columbine, Kim is supposedly the girl that Eric fantasizes about in his journal stating “she made me practically drool” when she wore shorts to work. Kim was a close friend of Eric and nothing happened because she had a fiancee. When Eric was first suspected of the shootings at Columbine, Kim thought they had the wrong guy because she didn’t think he or Dylan would be capable of doing that. Kim is married to her high school sweetheart, lives in Denver and has 3 children.  

Sabrina Cooley: Eric asked Sabrina to the prom and she rejected him in front of the entire class, humiliating him.  

Susan Dewitt: A Columbine junior, Susan was Eric’s last date. She came to his house the night of the prom, April 17, to watch a movie. Susan stated that Eric put his arm around her while they watched Event Horizon, a movie Eric commented was one of his favorites. She stated that he kissed her on the cheek when she was leaving. The last time she saw Eric was Monday the 19th as she was walking to her car in the Columbine parking lot, she said he was acting funny, like something was on his mind.

PostSubject: Re: Girls that Eric dated or tried to date   Girls that Eric dated or tried to date Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Girls that Eric dated or tried to date
Page 1 of 1