Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan having second thoughts?

Go down 
+9
LPorter101
Grayscale
WendlaBergman
Nirvana92
Jenn
eli27
sororityalpha
slippy123
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105413
Forum Reputation : 1235

Dylan having second thoughts?  Empty
PostSubject: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 12:53 am

For some reason I've always thought Dylan had second thoughts, and kind of was just strung along by Eric. I think it was more of his depression that made him think the way he did, while Eric just had the mind of a psychopath. I was browsing some tumblrs (which are actually a source of good material) and I found this. Dylan asking her to see The Matrix on the 21st, like she says, just sounds like he was kind of hoping maybe NBK wouldn't happen, but didn't want to "bitch out" of it and look like a pansy in front of Eric.

“’Dylan was a shy and sympathetic person. He was so sweet and kind and loving,’ his friend Devon says all these seven years later.
‘He was also disillusioned and hurt and angry at the world,’ Devon continues. ‘He had no outlet to vent his emotions; he bottled them up.’
Dylan’s disastrous depression, which was propped up by his journal entries, was talked about a lot in the papers. But in contrast to Eric, Dylan didn’t take medicine for his depression. He kept the knowledge of the depression to himself.
Devon admits that in retrospect there was something weird in Dylan’s behavior from time to time.
‘One theory is that he had Disassociate Identity Disorder, which means that one has multiple personalities, because he literally changed from one person to another around different people or circumstances,’ Devon ponders.
Dylan was a really talented person, an extremely promising and skilful poet. Devon agrees with this and also finds many other skills which he had. ‘Dylan was incredibly talented at sound design, at computer work, and at baseball,’ she says.
According to Devon, Dylan’s talent didn’t get the value it deserved, which depressed him. ‘He didn’t make the Columbine baseball team because he didn’t have a ‘name’ for himself, so he just gave up. He became apathetic, which is so dangerous,’ she says.
In this busy Western world, where creativity and being an individual isn’t valued enough, Dylan didn’t have a place to be happy. He didn’t have the ability to handle the world around him. It makes me think of the amount of humanity and potential which was lost that day. It was too much. It should never have been allowed to happen.
Forlorn Devon remembers her last genuine encounter with Dylan. It is something, which she is never going to forget. It happened in Columbine High School senior prom.
‘At prom, just three days before the shootings, Dylan and I danced to Take my Breath Away,’ Devon remembers. ‘I meant to tell him what a good friend he was and how much I cared for him, but I chickened out,’ she regrets.
‘He asked if I wanted to see The Matrix movie on that Wednesday, April 21. I said yes. He had never broken his plans with me before. That’s why I believe that a deeper mental issue came into play,’ Devon says. ‘People who want to die do not make plans. And when they entered that building they knew they were going to die.’
Talking about Eric, Devon can’t be so insightful since she wasn’t so close to him as she was to Dylan. Nonetheless, she knew Eric and was his friend, through Dylan mainly. In the media Dylan was portrayed as a follower who in a way copied Eric. Devon, however, saw it differently.
‘Oddly, it was Eric who would copy everything Dylan did, which made Dylan so angry,’ she says. ‘But it was Eric’s stronger, more violent personality that won out over Dylan.’
Otherwise the picture of Eric made by the media and experts matches the picture of him drawn by Devon. Eric was an angry and menacing teenager.
‘Eric loved to intimidate and frighten people. He would walk through the halls wearing camouflage or black, just scowling,’ Devon describes. ‘He was bitter and angry and threatening. He hated everyone and everything.’”
- excerpt from “A lasting impression. The impact of Columbine” by Sasha Huttunen (2007), pp.175-177

Secondly this quote from Dylans journal always sticks out:

“Im stuck in humanity. Maybe Going “NBK” w. eric is the way to break free”
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124059
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 9:40 am

Dylan and Eric were equal partners in the massacre.

Dylan wanted to and enjoyed killing just as much as Eric did.

Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 9:45 am

sororityalpha wrote:

No doubt that happened during the massacre, while adrenaline was flowing, but some journal entries and things people have said he said to them says otherwise.
Eric knew he wasn't going to live past 4/20. Dylan was still making plans with people, almost as if he forgot what was going to happen or maybe even slightly hoping it wouldn't happen.
There is a huge difference between someone whos depressed and love sick, then a straight psycho. Something makes me think he really did want to see the Matrix with Devon. Finally a girl was
paying attention to him. Unfortunately the only one who truly knows their thoughts are dead.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 12:49 pm

Dylan couldn't wait to die.

If you read his journal, he counts down the last 5 days even to the last day before he was finally going to be free.

Quote :
April 14/15 1999: The humanity of here and now clouds all that I see. Yet the me, the one, can now control the pain and it is done.

5 more days: 5, a very influential number, another brick in my journeyed wall.

So I wait 5 more days. 5 more days, 5 eternities, and I know her & I are all conceived from ourselves & each other.

Every night of the self-awareness journey, every thought we conceived, we have finished the race.

Time to die. Time to die, time to be free, time to love.

Quote :
April 18/19 1999 One day, one is the beginning, [?] the end. Hahaha. Reversed, yet true.

About 26.5 hours from now the judgment will begin.

Difficult, but not impossible. Necessary, nerve wracking and fun.

What fun is life without a little death?

It’s interesting. When I’m in my human form, knowing I’m going to die, everything has a touch of triviality to it. Like how none of this calculus shit matters, the way it shouldn’t - the truth.

In 26.4 hours, I’ll be dead and in happiness.

The little zombie human fags will know their errors and be forever suffering and mournful.

HAHAHAH, of course I will miss things. Not really.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 1:06 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
Dylan couldn't wait to die.

If you read his journal, he counts down the last 5 days even to the last day before he was finally going to be free.

Quote :
April 14/15 1999: The humanity of here and now clouds all that I see. Yet the me, the one, can now control the pain and it is done.

5 more days: 5, a very influential number, another brick in my journeyed wall.

So I wait 5 more days. 5 more days, 5 eternities, and I know her & I are all conceived from ourselves & each other.

Every night of the self-awareness journey, every thought we conceived, we have finished the race.

Time to die. Time to die, time to be free, time to love.

Quote :
April 18/19 1999 One day, one is the beginning, [?] the end. Hahaha. Reversed, yet true.

About 26.5 hours from now the judgment will begin.

Difficult, but not impossible. Necessary, nerve wracking and fun.

What fun is life without a little death?

It’s interesting. When I’m in my human form, knowing I’m going to die, everything has a touch of triviality to it. Like how none of this calculus shit matters, the way it shouldn’t - the truth.

In 26.4 hours, I’ll be dead and in happiness.

The little zombie human fags will know their errors and be forever suffering and mournful.

HAHAHAH, of course I will miss things. Not really.

I'm not arguing that. There are just alot of contradictory things written and said by him. Eric was so deadset in his ways, but with Dylan it makes you think that maybe there was a little part of him that did want to hang out with that girl and see the Matrix, but the pull of Eric, was to strong. I can't see Dylan killing people without Eric, but I can see Eric killing without Dylan. If Dylan was going to kill, I feel it would of been himself. But of course no one but Dylan knows exactly how he felt.
Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 79406
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 2:12 pm

Dylan was just talking bullshit, simple as that. The words had no meaning at all. As was his visit to the University of Arizona.
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83582
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 2:17 pm

Dylan was the first to write about the idea of a shooting and Eric was actually his second choice of partner.

Dylan wanted this just as much as Eric, he wasn't being strung along.

Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:44 pm

I still believe and have always believed that Dylan's main purpose for wanting to do the massacre was to finally kill himself. I do not think he was brave enough to just kill himself. He knew if he did this massacre that he'd really have no choice. It would be either kill himself or get arrested and spend life in prison. And also, he had Eric to commit suicide with. That probably made it easier on him too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Dylan didn't want to do the massacre of that he didn't enjoy it. But I think the thing he was looking forward to the most was to die.

And Devon? At one point in time he wrote in his journal that he wanted to kill her for stealing Zach away from him. I don't believe he had any true intentions on seeing any movie with her. He was just making small talk while they were dancing together. That's it.

Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83214
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 9:03 pm

The only thing Dylan wanted out of was life itself. As others have mentioned he counted down the days in his journal. His excitement is almost palpable in those entries. He was so invested in their plans that he drew diagrams detailing what he would wear and a timetable detailing their plans down to the minute. His main goal was to die but he wanted NBK to be his "grand finale" so to speak. He couldn't kill himself on his own, but by bombing and shooting (what he assumed to be) hundreds of children it would force his hand. There's no coming back from that and both boys knew it. NBK was just the excuse Dylan needed to pull the trigger on himself. At the same time though he romanticized the attack as much if not more than Eric. He molded his Vodka persona on the characters from his favorite movies and games. Picking and choosing the traits for the monstrous character that he would leave behind to be remembered and hated forever. Ultimately Dylan had to become something despicable to escape the person he hated being.
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 89999

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 2:38 pm

slippy123 wrote:
sororityalpha wrote:

No doubt that happened during the massacre, while adrenaline was flowing, but some journal entries and things people have said he said to them says otherwise.
Eric knew he wasn't going to live past 4/20. Dylan was still making plans with people, almost as if he forgot what was going to happen or maybe even slightly hoping it wouldn't happen.
There is a huge difference between someone whos depressed and love sick, then a straight psycho. Something makes me think he really did want to see the Matrix with Devon. Finally a girl was
paying attention to him. Unfortunately the only one who truly knows their thoughts are dead.
Do you think Devon cared for Dylan in a romantic sense?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I know Dylan said he wanted to kill her in his journal but I feel like over time, as he got to be closer with her, he warmed up to her. He went to her birthday party and hung out with her outside school. They seem to have been pretty close. I actually have a few friends like that where I couldn't stand them at first but got to know them better and now we're cool. I don't think you slow dance at Prom with someone you want to kill.
Back to top Go down
Grayscale

Contribution Points : 82382

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 5:18 pm

Devon referred to Dylan as her best friend in that recent video of her reciting a poem she wrote.

For and honest day or two
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 7:25 pm

WendlaBergman wrote:
slippy123 wrote:
sororityalpha wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I know Dylan said he wanted to kill her in his journal but I feel like over time, as he got to be closer with her, he warmed up to her. He went to her birthday party and hung out with her outside school. They seem to have been pretty close. I actually have a few friends like that where I couldn't stand them at first but got to know them better and now we're cool. I don't think you slow dance at Prom with someone you want to kill.

I feel like Dylan would of wrote that regardless of weather it was Devon or not who took his friend away.
I also think that Devon was one of the few people Dylan opened up to, and she saw the "good" side of him that not many saw.
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 8:08 pm

slippy123 wrote:
WendlaBergman wrote:
slippy123 wrote:
sororityalpha wrote:

I feel like Dylan would of wrote that regardless of weather it was Devon or not who took his friend away.
I also think that Devon was one of the few people Dylan opened up to, and she saw the "good" side of him that not many saw.

I think Dylan grew to care about Devon very much in the time between writing that and his death. Teenage emotions are weird and its normal to dislike someone who is "stealing" your best friends attention away. Even more so when it involves a girlfriend, which can cause extra drama if the upset friend is single. Lots of teenage males use words like "hate" and "kill" because they aren't at a maturity level to grasp the weight of what theyre saying. Anger, violence, and other escapist fantasies are common coping mechanisms used by teenagers. This is pretty typical writing for a lonely and depressed teenager IMO. I do recognize though that Dylan did eventually end up killing people, so maybe there was something more there.

Devon is also one of the few people who to this day will speak highly about him. From the way she talks about him there were possibly some romantic feelings there on her side. Even if Dylan didnt have romantic feelings for her I still think he felt closer to her than Robyn. Dylan seemed quite protective over Devon at times, further contradicting his statement of wanting to kill her.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 8:44 pm

I'm not really sure how people can think Dylan or Eric were protective over anybody. They were 2 murderers who said in their goodbye message to their 'friends'. 'If you survive you can have my belongings'.

"IF you survive".

Do you guys forget that they intended on blowing up the entire Cafeteria? That if any of their friends, including Devon, were in the Cafeteria or the Library above, they would've been killed if their bombs would've worked?

Sure, Eric did say there were about 100 people he didn't want to kill but neither him nor Dylan were all that concerned if they did end up killing their friends. They warned none of them and basically accepted that if they killed them, then oh well.

Dylan was going through the motions and that's it. He had no concern nor was he protective over anybody. This is the guy who wanted to murder his own love interest so he could be in 'forever bliss' with her. He was putting on an act to make himself seem as normal as possible until it was time to blow up the school (killing his friends if they happened to be there) and committing suicide. If he were protective over any of his friends, he'd do everything he could to 'protect' them. He did nothing to protect anyone. If anything he put every single person you guys think he 'cared' about in great danger of losing their lives, losing lives of their friends and their lives NEVER being the same.

Pretty much everything and anything Dylan (and Eric) said and did should be taken with a grain of salt because they had one priority and one priority only and that was destroying the school and everyone in it.

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 9:33 pm

very true
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 9:37 pm

Jenn wrote:
I'm not really sure how people can think Dylan or Eric were protective over anybody. They were 2 murderers who said in their goodbye message to their 'friends'. 'If you survive you can have my belongings'.

"IF you survive".

Do you guys forget that they intended on blowing up the entire Cafeteria? That if any of their friends, including Devon, were in the Cafeteria or the Library above, they would've been killed if their bombs would've worked?

Sure, Eric did say there were about 100 people he didn't want to kill but neither him nor Dylan were all that concerned if they did end up killing their friends. They warned none of them and basically accepted that if they killed them, then oh well.

Dylan was going through the motions and that's it. He had no concern nor was he protective over anybody. This is the guy who wanted to murder his own love interest so he could be in 'forever bliss' with her. He was putting on an act to make himself seem as normal as possible until it was time to blow up the school (killing his friends if they happened to be there) and committing suicide. If he were protective over any of his friends, he'd do everything he could to 'protect' them. He did nothing to protect anyone. If anything he put every single person you guys think he 'cared' about in great danger of losing their lives, losing lives of their friends and their lives NEVER being the same.

Pretty much everything and anything Dylan (and Eric) said and did should be taken with a grain of salt because they had one priority and one priority only and that was destroying the school and everyone in it.

You're right but you have to factor in their "end of the world" mindset. The boys were going to die and they knew it. Keeping up appearances is one thing, but going out of your way to be kind is something else. By that point it didnt matter what people thought of them because they were going to go through with NBK. Being kind is a choice. The Dylan who murdered children is the same guy who picked his mom up out of the rain while she was out walking. Its also the same kid who allowed John Savage to leave the library on the day of the attack.

Hell even Eric told brooks to "get out of here" because he decided he liked him. That's the same kid who apologized to his parents and cried over old friends on the BT. Not everything we've seen of them was an act. Believe it or not but even the most psychotic people are capable of having manners and caring about people.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 10:22 pm

Nirvana92 wrote:
Jenn wrote:

"IF you survive".

You're right but you have to factor in their "end of the world" mindset. The boys were going to die and they knew it. Keeping up appearances is one thing, but going out of your way to be kind is something else. By that point it didnt matter what people thought of them because they were going to go through with NBK. Being kind is a choice. The Dylan who murdered children is the same guy who picked his mom up out of the rain while she was out walking. Its also the same kid who allowed John Savage to leave the library on the day of the attack.

Hell even Eric told brooks to "get out of here" because he decided he liked him. That's the same kid who apologized to his parents and cried over old friends on the BT. Not everything we've seen of them was an act. Believe it or not but even the most psychotic people are capable of having manners and caring about people.

Being kind has absolutely nothing to do with it. Yea, maybe he was kind to people, but ultimately, those same people he was kind to were the same people he and Eric intended on blowing up. Dylan did not genuinely care about his friends. Dylan was not overprotective of his friends. In fact, both Dylan and Eric admitted on the Basement Tapes that they used a lot of their friends to get what they needed to commit NBK. Do you think Dylan and Eric gave a shit that because of them 2 of their friends ended up doing serious prison time? Nope. They didn't. They were selfish and used a lot of their friends to get what they wanted.

Dylan let one kid go, yea. But on the other hand, he and Eric murdered 12 others and a teacher and harmed dozens of others and not to mention traumatized hundreds of people whose lives will never be the same. That hardly makes Dylan 'kind'. And Dylan picked his Mom up out of the rain? OK. Well Dylan also ruined his Mother's life and his entire family's lives. His Mother is never going to recover from what Dylan did. Never. Her life will NEVER be the same. And you really think that Dylan cared all that much about his Mother? About how utterly devastated she would be for THE REST OF HER LIFE? I don't think so.

And like I said before, Eric didn't really 'let Brooks go'. It wasn't even time for the bombs to explode yet. Eric had no intention on shooting anyone until the bombs exploded and students started running out of the school. Pulling a gun out and shooting Brooks would have ruined the plan. It would have brought attention to Eric sooner than he wanted. Just like Eric (nor Dylan) shot anyone else that they saw or walked by prior to the time the bombs were to explode.

Actions speak louder than words and Dylan and Eric's final actions show that underneath it all, they did care for a single person. Not one. They did nothing but inflict pain and misery on hundreds of people and they laughed and joked about it the entire time they were doing it.

Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 11:46 pm

Jenn wrote:
Nirvana92 wrote:
Jenn wrote:

"IF you survive".

Being kind has absolutely nothing to do with it. Yea, maybe he was kind to people, but ultimately, those same people he was kind to were the same people he and Eric intended on blowing up. Dylan did not genuinely care about his friends. Dylan was not overprotective of his friends. In fact, both Dylan and Eric admitted on the Basement Tapes that they used a lot of their friends to get what they needed to commit NBK. Do you think Dylan and Eric gave a shit that because of them 2 of their friends ended up doing serious prison time? Nope. They didn't. They were selfish and used a lot of their friends to get what they wanted.

Dylan let one kid go, yea. But on the other hand, he and Eric murdered 12 others and a teacher and harmed dozens of others and not to mention traumatized hundreds of people whose lives will never be the same. That hardly makes Dylan 'kind'. And Dylan picked his Mom up out of the rain? OK. Well Dylan also ruined his Mother's life and his entire family's lives. His Mother is never going to recover from what Dylan did. Never. Her life will NEVER be the same. And you really think that Dylan cared all that much about his Mother? About how utterly devastated she would be for THE REST OF HER LIFE? I don't think so.

And like I said before, Eric didn't really 'let Brooks go'. It wasn't even time for the bombs to explode yet. Eric had no intention on shooting anyone until the bombs exploded and students started running out of the school. Pulling a gun out and shooting Brooks would have ruined the plan. It would have brought attention to Eric sooner than he wanted. Just like Eric (nor Dylan) shot anyone else that they saw or walked by prior to the time the bombs were to explode.

Actions speak louder than words and Dylan and Eric's final actions show that underneath it all, they did care for a single person. Not one. They did nothing but inflict pain and misery on hundreds of people and they laughed and joked about it the entire time they were doing it.

While I agree with most of the things, its really not possible to tell who Dylan cared about and stuff like that unless we somehow got into his head.
Sure you can assume he didn't because of his final actions, but I'd assume that if he saw Robyn, Devon, or anyone he thought was legit in the library, he'd let them go to.
The fact that he cared enough to even let one person go says something. He totally could of said to Savage, hey man, you're cool, but you got to die just like the rest. It's almost like how he wrote in his Diary that he is a shell of himself, and that Dylan that shot up the school, wasn't the same Dylan who picked his mother out of rain. Ultimately, his selfishness, depression and wanting to die, overpowered anything else in the end.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 12:53 am

slippy123 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Nirvana92 wrote:
Jenn wrote:

"IF you survive".

While I agree with most of the things, its really not possible to tell who Dylan cared about and stuff like that unless we somehow got into his head.
Sure you can assume he didn't because of his final actions, but I'd assume that if he saw Robyn, Devon, or anyone he thought was legit in the library, he'd let them go to.
The fact that he cared enough to even let one person go says something. He totally could of said to Savage, hey man, you're cool, but you got to die just like the rest. It's almost like how he wrote in his Diary that he is a shell of himself, and that Dylan that shot up the school, wasn't the same Dylan who picked his mother out of rain. Ultimately, his selfishness, depression and wanting to die, overpowered anything else in the end.

Seeing them and letting them go is a whole other thing. Yes, Dylan did let one person go and if he seen others he knew he could have very well let them go too. But that is not my point. My point is that Dylan did not genuinely care about any of these 'friends'. The fact that he and Eric had every intention of blowing up the Cafeteria and the Library above KNOWING they'd have friends in there is all the proof I need to form my opinion that Dylan truly did not care.

If you care about and are overprotective of someone, you would never intentionally put them in harms way. Especially in a situation where they cold lose their lives. Dylan and Eric did though. They even joked about it, telling their friends 'IF you survive' you can have my stuff.

And even before the massacre, everything with Dylan was 'me, me, me'. Him complaining how bad stuff always happens to him. Him complaining that girls didn't want to be with him. Him complaining how people treated him. Him complaining that his friend had a girlfriend that he wanted to kill. Did Dylan ever once take someone else into consideration about anything? Nope. It was always all about him. How he was treated and what he thought he deserved and how unfair life was.

And while Dylan may have been bullied, he was a bully himself. Hitting girls in the face, threatening to kill a kid if he came back to school. He and Eric both openly admitted in their journals that they picked on people and then turned around and threw a pity party when it happened to them.

I understand some people are just not willing to see the truth. Some people try so hard to find any little ounce of good that they can in these two. But when it comes right down to it, they were selfish and cared about no one but themselves and what they wanted. They wanted to kill people. They wanted to destroy lives. They wanted people's lives to never be the same. And that is exactly what they did. And to me, it doesn't matter what little 'nice' or 'kind' gesture they did before they committed one of the worst high school massacres in American history.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 3:39 am

Getting hot in here.
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 8:22 am

To those claiming letting Savage go was an action of kindness, you couldn't be further from the truth. Dylan let him go because he wanted to play god. Once you have proved your power to end lives, how else can you show your godliness? Be the reason for someone remaining alive, leaving them to tell the world of your power after watching you mass kill.

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 9:24 am

We can all agree to disagree because at the end of the day its all speculation on how a certain person was feeling at a given time. The only person who'd know is Dylan or Eric, who are dead and gone.
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 2:30 pm

slippy123 wrote:
We can all agree to disagree because at the end of the day its all speculation on how a certain person was feeling at a given time. The only person who'd know is Dylan or Eric, who are dead and gone.

I agree to agree that I'm right lol jocolor

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150640
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 3:09 pm

eli27 wrote:
To those claiming letting Savage go was an action of kindness, you couldn't be further from the truth. Dylan let him go because he wanted to play god. Once you have proved your power to end lives, how else can you show your godliness? Be the reason for someone remaining alive, leaving them to tell the world of your power after watching you mass kill.

Yes.

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 6:15 pm

Yes, just like Dylan and Eric "letting Evan Todd go" ... was certainly a power trip.

Both Dylan and Eric were right up in his face and had the chance to and could have killed him but they didn't.

Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 7:16 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
Yes, just like Dylan and Eric "letting Evan Todd go" ... was certainly a power trip.

Both Dylan and Eric were right up in his face and had the chance to and could have killed him but they didn't.

They let everyone they talked to go, which I always found weird. Maybe they saw them as people and no collateral damage, who knows.
I also find Dylan killing very few people on his own, most was Eric or a combo of both, odd.
The fact that Dylan mentions his uncle will be pissed because they did the shooting during passover, and little qips like that are what make me think.
Why the fuck would he care enough to mention how he will make an uncle that he hardly sees mad because of the date they decided to kill..
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 8:10 pm

slippy123 wrote:
They let everyone they talked to go, which I always found weird.

Except for John Tomlin who allegedly said to Eric/Dylan "Don't you think you've done enough?" & Dylan replied "you think we've done enough?" laughing and both he and Eric shot and killed him.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 8:31 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
slippy123 wrote:
They let everyone they talked to go, which I always found weird.

Except for John Tomlin who allegedly said to Eric/Dylan "Don't you think you've done enough?" & Dylan replied "you think we've done enough?" laughing and both he and Eric shot and killed him.

Did they actually talk back to him? From what I've read it sounded like when they pointed the gun at him he said the "done enough" comment, and they immediately shot him after that.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 8:48 pm

From the transcript:

John Tomlin- "Don't....done enough?"

(shots fired)

Dylan- "You think we've done enough?"(laughing)

Tomlin was shot by both Eric and Dylan ... good point slippy
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 10:50 pm

slippy123 wrote:

I also find Dylan killing very few people on his own, most was Eric or a combo of both, odd.

Well for one thing Eric had much better and more accurate guns (although they were still shit). The Tec-9 is notorious for non stop jamming.

Last edited by eli27 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 9:53 am

Well let's not forget that Dylan left over half of his ammunition outside (50 round magazine on the hill and a 36 round magazine in his car).

Dylan wasted 19 rounds firing in one spot down the Main Hallway - CBI 698B-T/JCSO 1846 (19 Casings) [R-P].

Also, Eric fired 45 of his rounds outside.

Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102188
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 8:15 am

Dylan's behavior during the shooting was not the same as Eric's.

Outside Eric shot 47 rounds while Dylan shot only 5. Dylan went inside the cafeteria and faced a crowd of students but failed to discharge his weapon. While Eric engaged law enforcement Dylan also faced a crowd in the hall but failed to hit anyone, except for shooting at Stephanie Munson's feet.

After they went in, one of them asked "We're still going to do this right?" This was Eric asking Dylan.

In the library Dylan went into a brief frenzy and committed homicides, but Eric killed and injured more people by a large factor. Dylan discarded more ammunition than he fired.

The people who know them best say Dylan was a follower. Sue Klebold told Andrew Solomon that Dylan was scared of Eric. Heidi Johnson, Nick Baumgart, Tyler Chenoweth, Terry Lawson, Katelyn Place, Steve Trujillo, Dominick Duran, Michael Bierman, Leslie Burns, Jason Cornelius, Brett O'Neill, Roison McEwen, and finally and most importantly Devon Adams (11k 10618) all say Dylan was a follower of Eric.

The above is overwhelming and conclusive evidence that Eric was the leader before and during the shooting.
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 1:40 pm

lasttrain wrote:

After they went in, one of them asked "We're still going to do this right?" This was Eric asking Dylan.

Prove it, I double dare you.

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 4:14 pm

eli27 wrote:
lasttrain wrote:

A person who had only shot 5 times and killed zero people not be able to ask a person who had shot 47 times and killed 2 people "Are we going to do this?"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 6:24 pm

I do agree that Eric was the leader between the two of them in a sense. I heard Craig Scott say this in person as well as Brooks Brown's mom on the Columbine episode of Zero Hour. I still believe that Dylan is equally responsible for the massacre, however. He knew what he was doing. Eric may have been more aggressive I suppose, but Dylan was clearly capable of causing damage as well. I don't feel as if he was doing it against his will.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 7:26 pm

lasttrain wrote:
eli27 wrote:
lasttrain wrote:

A person who had only shot 5 times and killed zero people not be able to ask a person who had shot 47 times and killed 2 people "Are we going to do this?"

Any source of where you got this quote from? I've personally never heard this.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 7:43 pm

Lisa Kreutz page 000062:

The door to the Library is always propped open and she could hear two people coming into the Library. She remembers hearing one of the gunmen say to the other one, "Are you still with me?" and "We're still gonna do this, right?"

Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 8:50 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
Lisa Kreutz page 000062:

The door to the Library is always propped open and she could hear two people coming into the Library. She remembers hearing one of the gunmen say to the other one, "Are you still with me?" and "We're still gonna do this, right?"

Hmm, so after they already killed people they were still wondering if they were still with each other?
Interesting if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 84644

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 10:17 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
Lisa Kreutz page 000062:

Wouldn't this statement make more sense if they were referring to suicide, not killing people? I always thought that she probably heard this during their final trip into the library. I can imagine Dylan asking Eric this. Also that would make it sense with the fact that Eric killed himself first, to prove to Dylan that he was with him. Dylan was ready to die but I can see Dylan doubting Eric would do it.

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 2:03 am

lasttrain wrote:
eli27 wrote:
lasttrain wrote:

I said prove it, you didn't prove it.

Just because you think it would be most feasible that it was Eric who said it, doesn't mean he did - you have no actual evidence past your best guess.

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 5:31 pm

I wonder if E and D attended the pre-prom assembly where Mr.D said he doesn't want anyone to die over prom weekend, and how he made everyone close their eyes and imagine a student dying and not being there on monday. I can see them snickering and saying "Oh if they only know whats gonna happen in a few days".
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 5:37 pm

slippy123 wrote:
I wonder if E and D attended the pre-prom assembly where Mr.D said he doesn't want anyone to die over prom weekend, and how he made everyone close their eyes and imagine a student dying and not being there on monday. I can see them snickering and saying "Oh if they only know whats gonna happen in a few days".

That's why they waited until Tuesday to kill.

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 5:38 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

Why would an assembly stop them? Seems like they had 4/20 planned way before that.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 5:40 pm

slippy123 wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

Why would an assembly stop them? Seems like they had 4/20 planned way before that.

I was joking.

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 5:41 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
slippy123 wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

I was joking.

Sarcasm is hard to tell over the internet scratch
Back to top Go down
boringguy

boringguy

Contribution Points : 82685
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 5:59 pm

slippy123 wrote:

Sometimes it is, but that seemed pretty obvious to me.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 6:05 pm

boringguy wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

Sometimes it is, but that seemed pretty obvious to me.

Well I asked if anyone knew if they were at an assembly, and you said something about them waiting until Tuesday because of it, so it didn't sound like you understood what I was saying or something. They could of done it on monday, maybe if you said that I would get the attempted humor a little better lol
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 7:42 am

slippy123 wrote:
sororityalpha wrote:
Lisa Kreutz page 000062:

Hmm, so after they already killed people they were still wondering if they were still with each other?
Interesting if you ask me.

No, Dylan hadn't killed anyone yet.  Had only shot a few times.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 7:43 am

eli27 wrote:
lasttrain wrote:
eli27 wrote:
lasttrain wrote:

Just because you think it would be most feasible that it was Eric who said it, doesn't mean he did - you have no actual evidence past your best guess.

Not possible for Dylan to ask Eric this because Eric had shot dozens of times and killed and injured many people. I mean it's really pretty simple.
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 1:48 pm

lasttrain wrote:
eli27 wrote:
lasttrain wrote:
eli27 wrote:
lasttrain wrote:

Not possible for Dylan to ask Eric this because Eric had shot dozens of times and killed and injured many people.  I mean it's really pretty simple.

No, you're pretty simple. It is perhaps illogical, but my point is that it's still possible and you can't prove otherwise. If you can't see that then ... well, you just can't help some people.

PostSubject: Re: Dylan having second thoughts?    Dylan having second thoughts?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan having second thoughts?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next