Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DOOM

Go down 
+6
TheSpiral
nabz
CaptainMidnight
REB10
ThoughtBox
slippy123
10 posters
AuthorMessage
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105413
Forum Reputation : 1235

DOOM Empty
PostSubject: DOOM   DOOM Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 11:32 pm

New DOOM Game: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can't imagine what they'd both say if they were able to see this, when they died DOOM had super Nintendo graphics.
Oh man when they go into the "Demon Room" and turn into that giant monster who rips people in half,
I can see Eric getting a huge stiff one  Laughing

Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83921
Forum Reputation : 13

DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOOM   DOOM Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 1:57 pm

At least they didn't live long enough to see the shitty "Doom" movie. They would have been extremely disappointed. tongue

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
REB10

Contribution Points : 74410
Forum Reputation : 0

DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOOM   DOOM Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 6:58 pm

Maybe it's because I'm a big retro gamer but I feel like Eric wouldn't be too crazy about the new style of DOOM. Like him, I love the roots and a lot of the new games I just think look amazing but lack a certain depth I felt the old nostalgic games had. Just my opinion but who really knows?
Back to top Go down

DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOOM   DOOM Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 4:49 am

I wonder what Dylan and Eric would think of how advanced in terms of the modding has become for the doom games they played back in 1993/1994 etc... It's amazing what people are creating within the Doom community. (I'm working on a Total Conversion of a nintendo 64 game within Gzdoom atm)
Back to top Go down
CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight

Contribution Points : 80547

DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOOM   DOOM Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 12:24 am

Actually Doom graphics are still amazing,and Im gonna buy the new one asap.
Im a huge Doom(and retro games) fan and it's one of the reasons that made me pay attention on E&D.
and yeah [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],I agree with ya,it looks amazing but it has a Halo/modern fps vibe that I dont like,but its still Doom,so Im giving it a chance.

I'll take your brain to another dimension
Back to top Go down
nabz

nabz

Contribution Points : 73643

DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOOM   DOOM Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 2:04 pm

It's so crazy because i had the chance to test the closed beta of the new Doom game and the same question came to my mind.

I'm just guessing they would've whine about the way the changed the core of the doom franchise.

They made it more childish friendly and less hardcore/hard to beat, still a good game though with nice graphics and effects.

slippy123

DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOOM   DOOM Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 4:56 pm

nabz wrote:
It's so crazy because i had the chance to test the closed beta of the new Doom game and the same question came to my mind.

I'm just guessing they would've whine about the way the changed the core of the doom franchise.

They made it more childish friendly and less hardcore/hard to beat, still a good game though with nice graphics and effects.

Good point. I'd say it be a 50/50 split on the direction the DOOM series went in.
But we also have to keep in mind with the release of HALO, and other first person shooters,
maybe they would of slowly got bored of DOOM and moved on to a new game or franchise.
Eric had a pretty diverse PC game collection from what I've read.
Back to top Go down
CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight

Contribution Points : 80547

DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOOM   DOOM Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 6:37 pm

anyone here playing the open beta?
I already reached the max lvl,and well,its not a Doom game.
it doesn't resemble any arena shooter tbh.
they tried to appeal old school players that love the games the way they were(myself includeed) but also the newcomers,and the result is weird at least.
but I'm going to buy it anyway,the single player looks alright and the SnapMap(modding) looks great too.

I'll take your brain to another dimension
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOOM   DOOM Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 5:21 am

CaptainMidnight wrote:
anyone here playing the open beta?
I already reached the max lvl,and well,its not a Doom game.
it doesn't resemble any arena shooter tbh.
they tried to appeal old school players that love the games the way they were(myself includeed) but also the newcomers,and the result is weird at least.
but I'm going to buy it anyway,the single player looks alright and the SnapMap(modding) looks great too.

No but I did read this off reddit, where it says mostly every rating on the doom open beta is a bad one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74864
Forum Reputation : 63

DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOOM   DOOM Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 5:48 am

I always hated DooM 3 and this new DooM(from what i have seen), but I never could quite put my finger on what it was that made it so unappealing. I think it's the stupid futuristic design of the weapons and maps. If you showed me the gameplay video for DooM 4 and didn't tell me what it was, I would never have thought it was a DooM game.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down

DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOOM   DOOM Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 10:27 pm

I've been playing this and when it started up I got a little sad feeling in my chest... They would've loved this.
2 spoilers about game contents:
They absolutely would have went crazy for this.
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83214
Forum Reputation : 80

DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOOM   DOOM Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 2:31 am

Seeing stuff like this makes me feel sad for E/D. Theyll never see how advanced video game graphics have become. Theyll never see how big the Internet has become. Theyll never see how awesome the special effects are in todays bloddy shoot-em-up movies. They'll never hear their favorite bands new songs. Eric will never try the newest flavored Slim Jims. Dylan will never watch a baseball game again.

Sure its mostly small things, but the small things make up the best parts of life. We'll all forever ask ourselves "was it worth it?", even when we know it wasnt.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79736
Forum Reputation : 38

DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOOM   DOOM Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 3:14 am

Nirvana92 wrote:
Seeing stuff like this makes me feel sad for E/D. Theyll never see how advanced video game graphics have become. Theyll never see how big the Internet has become. Theyll never see how awesome the special effects are in todays bloddy shoot-em-up movies. They'll never hear their favorite bands new songs. Eric will never try the newest flavored Slim Jims. Dylan will never watch a baseball game again.

Sure its mostly small things, but the small things make up the best parts of life. We'll all forever ask ourselves "was it worth it?", even when we know it wasnt.

I agree with you. While I didn't wanna bring it up because I'll never know how the boys feel about things they love today, they might hate numerous things now as it's so heavy influenced by pop culture and kids love to annihilate classics, but I get sad overall just as Brooks said, they still missed out on so much nevertheless. They could still enjoy video games with their friends and, they could be reviewing things together.

Archvile

Forum Reputation : 18

DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOOM   DOOM Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 8:34 am

The new game is meh.. I actually don't think they would have liked it, they both loved the Doom novels and would probably be annoyed that the game tosses those storylines out the window and starts a new. I mean during 1998 1999 many other video games had came out, with better graphics but they stood by Doom.

I do think they would have liked the modern editing abilities for Doom though, back in the day all you could really do is build simple blocky maps and replace graphics with new graphics, now you can pretty much redesign the whole game and do what you want with it, they'd have loved that. Eric would make all kinds of high-tech space station levels & added tons of gore to it, Dylan i'd imagine turn it into a complex story driven game starring his man black character, in a dark city.

You know, it's a shame because E+D loved technology, but they died during dial up days, when only a select few people actually had internet in their houses, where phones were huge bricks with antennas on it and starting a game server took a lot of time, and games & movie effects were primitive. Back when using any sort of technology would make you a dork. Now everyone's glued to a phone, game controller of keyboard.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Forum Reputation : 38

DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOOM   DOOM Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 9:14 am

Archvile wrote:
You know, it's a shame because E+D loved technology, but they died during dial up days, when only a select few people actually had internet in their houses, where phones were huge bricks with antennas on it and starting a game server took a lot of time, and games & movie effects were primitive. Back when using any sort of technology would make you a dork. Now everyone's glued to a phone, game controller of keyboard.
Another reason why Columbine is such an iconic crime that stands still as it is. I like the way it is, the period it took place and everything about it, even in this sense you point out where it took place on the last year leading up to the 2000s. I never fail to ponder what the boys might like or hate about everything this day and age. If say the exact same context of Columbine happened in 2016 It won't even be close to what Columbine is all about! How would the boys feel about iPods or Smartphones, where we no longer burn cds, built our own computers, etc etc...

Contribution Points : 73373

DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOOM   DOOM Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 10:47 am

I can picture Eric shooting zombies all day for a living. He'd be on Cloud 9 playing Resident Evil.

DOOM Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOOM   DOOM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DOOM
Page 1 of 1