Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Virginity and Mass Killings

Go down 
+12
D-FENS1993
Moonshadow
Kiwik
Spac3case
Amarantha
aquillina
sscc
Draw_It_White
Jenn
shades
Yumeko-chan
X-Raided
16 posters
AuthorMessage
X-Raided

X-Raided


Posts : 16
Contribution Points : 71706
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-09-05
Age : 25
Location : Massachusetts

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 8:02 pm

I'd like your take on how being a virgin/not being successful with any girls could either spark or add fuel to a fire festering inside of a mass killer.

If you look at some of the most 'prominent' mass killers, a lack of romantic/sexual success was a commonality.

-Eric/Dylan were "probably" virgins according to Brooks Brown, and I think it's obvious that they never had success with women according to their journals.
-TJ Lane went to prison a virgin according to a phone interview with former inmate Steve Brigner.
-Elliot Rodger constantly complained about "lonely" and a virgin. He stated over and over that he desperately wanted love and sex.
-Seung-Hui Cho complained about hedonism, although that doesn't necessarily mean he was referring to sex. However one of his professors commented that he wrote a play about love when in fact he had no experience with the feeling.
-Chris Harper-Mercer complained that he would die a "kissless, girlfriendless, virgin"
-James Holmes used to hire prostitutes, presumably because he couldn't find an actual girlfriend.
-Hell, even Timothy McVeigh reported being unable to impress girls throughout adolescence.

Thoughts?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan




Posts : 174
Contribution Points : 107265
Forum Reputation : 102
Join date : 2013-03-16
Age : 40
Location : Colorado Springs, CO

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 9:32 pm

I would think that if that were a factor, they'd be solely targeting girls.

anna444 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
shades

shades


Posts : 2383
Contribution Points : 81686
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 12:14 am

For Elliot this reason is pretty exclusive for him I mean that's why he even shot up people and then himself in the first place, YouTube videos after another about how he's the perfect guy so why don't any girls want him.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
shades

shades


Posts : 2383
Contribution Points : 81686
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 12:14 am

For Elliot this reason is pretty exclusive for him I mean that's why he even shot up people and then himself in the first place, YouTube videos after another about how he's the perfect guy so why don't any girls want him.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn


Posts : 3138
Contribution Points : 120746
Forum Reputation : 1024
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 12:15 am

The only one I think did it strictly because of women was Elliot Rodger. He was the only one (that I know of) who constantly went on and on and on about women. Making all these weird ass videos talking about "the day of retribution" and killing all the hottest girls because all girls hated him and how all women should want him because he's so magnificent. This loon had really high standards when it came to women and he also never even bothered trying to talk to these women. He just sat in his car at the beach watching all these girls with their boyfriends and getting pissed off.

There's just as many people who have done mass killings that weren't virgins. That didn't stop them. And someone like Eric who had such anger and hate issues, that would not have gone away just from having sex a few times. He might have been happy in the moment but he would've still gone through with it. He even said in his journal he wanted to try and get sex because NBK was coming up quick. So basically, I take that as he wanted to do it before NBK and that he'd still be going through with it even if he did get laid.

_________________
"I’ll see you in Heaven if you make the list"
Zachary Patrick Bowen (March 7, 1995-November 5, 2021).
I miss you little brother.

anna444 and Woundfucker like this post

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White


Posts : 1114
Contribution Points : 99918
Forum Reputation : 154
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 39
Location : England

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 8:53 am

Did Cho not nail hookers?
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1338
Contribution Points : 85512
Forum Reputation : 773
Join date : 2016-02-27

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 10:25 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
Did Cho not nail hookers?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

From this article, it doesn't sound like he was used to hiring or sleeping with prostitutes. I haven't heard any other mentions of prostitutes.
Back to top Go down
aquillina




Posts : 383
Contribution Points : 75273
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-05-25

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 10:55 am

So where does Steve Kazmierczeck fit in this category?

_________________
I have nothing to live for, & I won't be able to survive in this world. However, if it was true that you loved me as I do you,... I would find a way to survive. Anything to be with you.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades


Posts : 2383
Contribution Points : 81686
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 11:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Steve is crazy and his girlfriend looks mentally stunted too.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
aquillina




Posts : 383
Contribution Points : 75273
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-05-25

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 1:00 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Steve is crazy and his girlfriend looks mentally stunted too.
You mean like she was floored upon learning what her boyfriend did?

_________________
I have nothing to live for, & I won't be able to survive in this world. However, if it was true that you loved me as I do you,... I would find a way to survive. Anything to be with you.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades


Posts : 2383
Contribution Points : 81686
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 1:59 pm

aquillina wrote:
You mean like she was floored upon learning what her boyfriend did?
I mean that she seems slow and couldn't see through Steve's sanity falling apart though I wouldn't blame her for it cause his issues seemed to have built up gradually.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Amarantha


Posts : 202
Contribution Points : 74372
Forum Reputation : 211
Join date : 2016-08-20
Location : Italy

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 6:28 am

X-Raided wrote:
I'd like your take on how being a virgin/not being successful with any girls could either spark or add fuel to a fire festering inside of a mass killer.

My take on that is that guys are implicitly forced by society to have sex, no matter how, once they've reached a certain age. If you're not successful within a reasonable (?) amount of time, get ready to be laughed at. If your self-esteem has already plummeted badly because of other issues, consider the damage already half done.

NEXT STEP UP likes this post

Back to top Go down
shades

shades


Posts : 2383
Contribution Points : 81686
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 6:47 am

There are many men who are still virgins or are still single who don't go shooting up places. So the difference and better questions are why some of these murderers end up killing. Are they insane or did they have a bigger better motive and still being unlaid is just a side factor

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
Spac3case

Spac3case


Posts : 40
Contribution Points : 71826
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-09-02
Age : 32

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 5:48 am

My OPINION

is that it doesnt matter. Most of these shooters seem to be filled with fear and that fear ends up being expressed in all ways. What are the way I express myself? Sexually, emotionally, verbally, physically, friends, family, job, grades, school, video games, music, drugs, alcohol, god, dreams, goals, pets.

These are all my connections from my being to the world. It makes sense that all these kids were virgins because thats probably what they complained about the most. A lot of them also thought they were victims and were owed something.

If they were getting laid they would probably just say that the girls broke their heart. It would have just been one more thing to say the world was out to get them

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik


Posts : 325
Contribution Points : 76076
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2016-04-10

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 12:54 pm

Amarantha wrote:
X-Raided wrote:
I'd like your take on how being a virgin/not being successful with any girls could either spark or add fuel to a fire festering inside of a mass killer.

My take on that is that guys are implicitly forced by society to have sex, no matter how, once they've reached a certain age. If you're not successful within a reasonable (?) amount of time, get ready to be laughed at. If your self-esteem has already plummeted badly because of other issues, consider the damage already half done.

Totally agree with this. And unfortunately if they're also mentally unstable it's likely they will take it out on someone or everyone else. I think these types of things are major factors into why most shootings happen
Back to top Go down
Moonshadow

Moonshadow


Posts : 218
Contribution Points : 73781
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-07-04

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 3:24 pm

Hmmmmm. Good question. Makes me think.

Aggression usually has much to do with sexual frustrations/dissatisfaction. I mean it is surely not the only contributing factor, but I do think it is important.

It might be very hard: both an inner drive - young people have much more sex hormones in their system than mature people - and these outer expectations [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] mentioned - these two things must add to an - already unstable - person's frustration.

So, getting laid might help preventing a potential mass murderer's action.

But buying sex is not necessarily a solution.
Even Breivik bought such services - so typical of him, a common "professional" wouldn't have been good and elite enough for him, so he hired a "model escort girl" before he went amok. He wrote something like this about it: he needed it, so that his unfulfilled sexual desires would not distract him fron "Teh Great Action". Blehhhh. And it is known that last time he had a girlfriend was in 2005!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 5:25 pm

aquillina wrote:
So where does Steve Kazmierczeck fit in this category?

Steve actually lost his virginity at 16. He had sex almost routinely, which happens when some people become manic.
Back to top Go down
D-FENS1993

D-FENS1993


Posts : 97
Contribution Points : 60756
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-28
Location : Help Me I'm In Hell

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 5:40 pm

I think that virginity or lack of affection from girls (and people in general but girls especially) can add to or create feelings of hopelessness and since hopelessness is a key factor in creating mass shooters i would say, yes it can be an important piece of the puzzle.

_________________
I looked down into the valley and thought about Heaven, Earth, and the universe, and how insignificant we all are. But I felt so important then, because I had been chosen to hear the word of God.
- Peter Sutcliffe
Back to top Go down
log_1987

log_1987


Posts : 83
Contribution Points : 59806
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-01-18

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:04 pm

I don't think the lack of female affection is a motivator, minus cases like Elliot Roger and George Sodini. However, I do think that at least in some cases, if there had been female affection, they might not have committed mass murder.

Imagine that there is a concert on Friday. You are motivated to go since a band you enjoy will be playing. However, your friend has a birthday party that same night. So you decide not to go to the concert. It's not as if the motivation to go to the concert disappeared, just that there is something, or rather someone, that you find more important.

In a similar way the 'motivation' for mass murder might still exist, but because they now have a girlfriend/wife they decide not to do it.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6431
Contribution Points : 195172
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:15 pm

Why are we demonizing kids for not having sex early enough?

For all we know Dylan would have done fine with women in college?

Not having sex in HS is not indicative of an issue, it’s just life.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
D-FENS1993

D-FENS1993


Posts : 97
Contribution Points : 60756
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-28
Location : Help Me I'm In Hell

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 11:30 am

log_1987 wrote:
I don't think the lack of female affection is a motivator, minus cases like Elliot Roger and George Sodini. However, I do think that at least in some cases, if there had been female affection, they might not have committed mass murder.

Imagine that there is a concert on Friday. You are motivated to go since a band you enjoy will be playing. However, your friend has a birthday party that same night. So you decide not to go to the concert. It's not as if the motivation to go to the concert disappeared, just that there is something, or rather someone, that you find more important.

In a similar way the 'motivation' for mass murder might still exist, but because they now have a girlfriend/wife they decide not to do it.

I agree, lack of female affection is rarely the main motivator with cases such as Rodger or Chris Harper Mercer being the exception. It is not a direct motivator, but it can be part of one. If someone is at a point where they feel that they will never be happy, that no one will ever love them, that no one will ever desire them, that the world is against them, then they feel as if they have nothing to lose and from that point, if they are in a specific mental state, murder can become and enticing form of revenge, so in that way it can be a major part of a key motivator but the lack of affection from girls on its own is never enough to cause mass murder.
Back to top Go down
2018.2018




Posts : 72
Contribution Points : 60111
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-01-21

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 5:45 am

Dmitry Vinogradov the virgin.
Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea


Posts : 536
Contribution Points : 60192
Forum Reputation : 10
Join date : 2018-01-21

Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 6:03 am

I guess, not anymore, lol

_________________
"I'm having an old friend for dinner."
(с)The Silence of the Lambs, 1991
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Virginity and Mass Killings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virginity and Mass Killings   Virginity and Mass Killings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Virginity and Mass Killings
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» thrill mass killings?
» Mass killers who killed others before their mass/spree killings
» Targeted mass killings
» Ancient era mass killings
» how do you research mass killings?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Other Mass Shootings-
Jump to: