Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?

Go down 
+3
shades
Lizpuff
afrrs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
afrrs

afrrs

Contribution Points : 82433
Forum Reputation : 0

Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Empty
PostSubject: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 4:18 pm

Did she told anyone about the purchase of the weapons for eric and dylan ? Does she told any of her friends , a close friend perhaps ?

My guess is yes she did told someone , although there is nothing about it in the reports in the 11 k i believe she told someone .

Its a juicy secret , i think she couldnt resist .

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 98449
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 10:13 am

afrrs wrote:
Did she told anyone about the purchase of the weapons for eric and dylan ? Does she told any of her friends , a close friend perhaps ?

My guess is yes she did told someone , although there is nothing about it in the reports in the 11 k i believe she told someone .

She states she did not tell anyone until after NBK. Then she did tell one of her friends and her mother who both convinced her to go to the police. Robyn was scared she would be prosecuted and didn't want to tell the cops at first.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
afrrs

afrrs

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 10:33 am

Lizpuff wrote:
afrrs wrote:

She states she did not tell anyone until after NBK.  Then she did tell one of her friends and her mother who both convinced her to go to the police. Robyn was scared she would be prosecuted and didn't want to tell the cops at first.

but maybe she told some close friend before nbk happen , i mean , lets face it , girls tell other girls everything . And above that Littleton is a pretty small community everyone knows everything about everyone .

By the way can anyone find her testimony in the records ? maybe put here the page and or link for it , i would like to know exatcy what she said , i have the 11k files but dont know exatcly where it is .
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 10:55 am

afrrs wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
afrrs wrote:

She states she did not tell anyone until after NBK.  Then she did tell one of her friends and her mother who both convinced her to go to the police. Robyn was scared she would be prosecuted and didn't want to tell the cops at first.

but maybe she told some close friend before nbk happen , i mean , lets face it , girls tell other girls everything . And above that Littleton is a pretty small community everyone knows everything about everyone .

By the way can anyone find her testimony in the records ? maybe put here the page and or link for it , i would like to know exatcy what she said , i have the 11k files but dont know exatcly where it is .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I put it in there. Page numbers and clips of her testimony.
I for one myself believe she did not tell anyone. I think she did want to keep it a secret because she liked Dylan and wanted him to like her and he asked her to keep it a secret. I also do not think she wanted to advertise the fact that she had purchased guns for them because let's face it....she knew they didn't have these guns for target shooting despite what she said.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 82061
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 12:25 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
she knew they didn't have these guns for target shooting despite what she said.

If she knew that deep down, meaning she was not stupid and she had a feeling of what was up then that's fucked up. Of all the people she's the one that got a clue and didn't think to report shit or pry further.

All because she was giddy over Dylan? Girl please.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 12:47 pm

shades wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
she knew they didn't have these guns for target shooting despite what she said.

If she knew that deep down, meaning she was not stupid and she had a feeling of what was up then that's fucked up. Of all the people she's the one that got a clue and didn't think to report shit or pry further.

All because she was giddy over Dylan? Girl please.

Well she has never said or implied she truly knew...but with all the secrecy around the guns I think she was suspicious. I mean, they were both 17 so it was illegal for them just to have the guns at all but I think she knew there was something else going on.

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 12:57 pm

I totally understand why people were mad she didn't get any crucial punishment at all, at the least what Mark Manes and Phil Duran got.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 12:58 pm

shades wrote:
I totally understand why people were mad she didn't get any crucial punishment at all, at the least what Mark Manes and Phil Duran got.

Yea the loophole was just enough for her to get out of jailtime.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 1:00 pm

That and she could simply say she didn't know what was up and they had to take her word for it, even if she lied and her instincts told her something was amiss.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 1:08 pm

shades wrote:
That and she could simply say she didn't know what was up and they had to take her word for it, even if she lied and her instincts told her something was amiss.

Without the loophole she could have gotten jail time regardless of what she knew just based on the fact she bought guns for minors.
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 77139
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 2:10 pm

Dylan told one of his friends about his shotgun (Nate I think) and told him it was: "just like the movie Desperados". I read this somewhere, Cullen's book I think so take it with a grain of salt.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 77139
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 2:14 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
shades wrote:

Without the loophole she could have gotten jail time regardless of what she knew just based on the fact she bought guns for minors.

At the time it was completely legal for an adault to furnish minors with long barreled firearms.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
Lodka

Contribution Points : 74457

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 7:16 pm

I think so. I read or watched an interview of Randy Brown, where he said a girl talked to her mom about Eric having guns, but her mom didn't take it seriously, replying that Eric was 18, so he could buy a gun if he wanted.
Back to top Go down
aquillina

Contribution Points : 75648

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 10:38 am

Brooks had every reason to dislike Robyn and he should. I'd like to know what was going through her mind when she purchased the guns. Was she really that into Dylan? Seriously.

Last edited by aquillina on Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 10:40 am

Robyn was thinking "He loves me, he loves me, oh my god he will marry me."

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 10:43 am

I feel bad for Robyn in a way.

aquillina

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 10:52 am

shades wrote:
Robyn was thinking "He loves me, he loves me, oh my god he will marry me."

Haha Okay I think I'm gonna go puke now.

afrrs

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 2:01 pm

how could she not get somekind of a legal punishment ? This still baffles me .

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 126349
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 2:11 pm

Robyn was not charged because:

In April 1999 the law was "An 18-year-old can buy a rifle according to federal law, but can't legally buy a pistol from a federally licensed gun dealer. However, in Colorado, an 18-year-old can buy a handgun in a private sale, such as from a seller at a gun show," and "Under Colorado law, an 18-year-old without a felony record can furnish minors with rifles and shotguns".

Last edited by sororityalpha on Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 126349
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 2:12 pm

In a plea bargain that may keep him out of jail, the man charged with providing a semi-automatic handgun used in the Columbine High shootings pleaded guilty Wednesday to two felony charges.

Mark Manes sold a TEC DC-9 pistol to 18-year-old Eric Harris and 17-year-old Dylan Klebold about two months before the April 20 attack in the Denver suburb of Littleton, Colorado.

Standing in Jefferson County District Court with his hands folded in front of him and his parents seated behind him, Manes pleaded guilty to providing a handgun to a minor and possession of a sawed-off shotgun.

The latter charge stems from evidence that Manes shot an illegal sawed-off shotgun with Harris and Klebold.

The TEC DC-9 was one of four guns used in the attack at Columbine. Before taking their own lives that day, the gunmen shot dead 12 fellow students and a teacher.

Harris and Klebold also used two shotguns and a rifle legally purchased by Klebold's friend, Robyn Anderson.

Under Colorado law, an 18-year-old without a felony record can furnish minors with rifles and shotguns. Investigators have characterized Anderson as a witness, not a suspect.

Sentencing October 14

Manes, a former Columbine student, purchased the TEC DC-9 at a gun show last fall.

He is scheduled to be sentenced on October 14.

The two guilty pleas on felony charges could bring an 18-year prison term if Manes served consecutive sentences. That maximum sentence is not considered likely, however, following the twin guilty pleas.

In court, Manes' attorney, Robert Ransome said Manes and his parents acted together in reaching the decision to enter a guilty plea.

"They want to take responsibility," he said. "They want to make a statement about guns."

Prosecutor Steven Jensen said Harris and Klebold contacted Manes on April 19, the night before the shooting, and asked him to get ammunition for the TEC DC-9.

Manes went out that night and bought 100 rounds of 9 mm shells at a Kmart, the prosecutor told the court.

Jensen said Manes asked if they were going shooting that night. According to the prosecutor, they responded, "No, they were going to go shooting tomorrow," a reference to April 20.

Police say there appears to be no evidence that Manes knew what Harris and Klebold were planning to do with the weapon.

Philip Duran, a pizza shop employee who worked with Harris and Klebold, introduced them to Manes when Duran learned they were looking for weapons.

Duran, 22, is scheduled to appear in court next week. Because he helped with the introduction, he is charged with providing a gun to a minor, which carries a maximum sentence of six years in prison and a $500,000 fine.

Duran also is accused of possessing a dangerous or illegal weapon, which carries a maximum three-year prison term and a $3,000 fine.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Yeah I mean....despite the fact that the boys used it for murder, Robyn did purchase it legally even though the loophole was there. Technically she didn't really do anything wrong. She didn't have a felony either.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 4:11 pm

The thing I'm icky about is firstly Robyn purchased most of the guns used that day, inclusive of Eric's. She handed to them the weapons that would do the most damage. Secondly, I can't fathom how she couldn't think for a second that it was little suspect to be needing them, especially coming from Eric and Dylan. Robyn you are giddy and simple-minded girl.

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 6:10 pm

shades wrote:
The thing I'm icky about is firstly Robyn purchased most of the guns used that day, inclusive of Eric's. She handed to them the weapons that would do the most damage. Secondly, I can't fathom how she couldn't think for a second that it was little suspect to be needing them, especially coming from Eric and Dylan. Robyn you are giddy and simple-minded girl.
I believe her head was in the clouds at the time and I can go a long ways about her when she turned over the guns to Eric and Dylan. Personally I think she should have known better. Maybe the lawsuits she faced was probably enough punishment for her right?

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 6:16 am

aquillina wrote:
Maybe the lawsuits she faced was probably enough punishment for her right?

That and her own conscience I guess, throughout the years. I'm sure she soon realised that they took her for a fool and it ate her up pretty bad.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 9:19 am

shades wrote:
aquillina wrote:
Maybe the lawsuits she faced was probably enough punishment for her right?

That and her own conscience I guess, throughout the years. I'm sure she soon realised that they took her for a fool and it ate her up pretty bad.

Yea I think she beat herself up enough to an extent. She has now realized she was being played and I am sure that stung. I think we tend to forget she was a young naive girl. So yea she was somewhat obsessed with Dylan but she was young and he was nice to her and she wanted him to like her like any teen
Back to top Go down
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 10:12 am

I don't get it though. Was Robyn really that into Dylan? I thought they were just friends. Did Dylan even realize her crush on him?

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 10:25 am

aquillina wrote:
I don't get it though. Was Robyn really that into Dylan? I thought they were just friends. Did Dylan even realize her crush on him?

According to Brooks he knew. It seems like everyone knew. Brooks has said that she really wanted to be more than friends but Dylan did not want that at all.

Going to prom with him, getting him the guns, and her face with her arm around him in the class photo tells me she really really liked him. They spent time outside of school studying with each other. I think she was really into him.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 10:33 am

I have seen this picture before, and I can't help but grin at it. Girl is really into guy and it's an open secret, even to the guy, and the guy for some reason lets the girl cling onto him, follow his every move and doesn't really rejects it or put her in her place. He has no feelings for her at all but he just lets it happen, kinda like mutually or something. I used to think that they had a platonic thing going on but so far I haven't read any accounts of Dylan doing something special exclusively for Robyn. So yeah by label they are just friends but Robyn is into him; meaning if say Dylan wanted to try something beyond the line with her she would allow it.

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 10:59 am

Which is why I believe Dylan never had an ideal type. I see him more as a love at first sight kind of guy.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 11:04 am

aquillina wrote:
Which is why I believe Dylan never had an ideal type. I see him more as a love at first sight kind of guy.

He could have had a type and Robyn was just not it.  If you look at the suspected crush girls of Marla and Tobin they were both extremely gorgeous girls.  I am not saying Robyn was ugly by any means but she did not look like like them.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 11:07 am

Lizpuff wrote:
He could have had a type and Robyn was just not it.  If you look at the suspected crush girls of Marla and Tobin they were both extremely gorgeous girls.  I am not saying Robyn was ugly by any means but she did not look like like them.

Whooh, Marla. Damn that girl is gorg gorg gorg.
Also, Robyn handed herself too easy. He liked a girl who was unattainable. So if the girl actually liked him back he would feel like he scored.

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 11:54 am

shades wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

Also, Robyn handed herself too easy. He liked a girl who was unattainable. So if the girl actually liked him back he would feel like he scored.

How much of a difference would it have made if Dylan and Marla or some other girl really did establish a relationship? Realistically I believe it still would not have stopped Dylan unless she does something drastic.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 12:00 pm

aquillina wrote:
shades wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

How much of a difference would it have made if Dylan and Marla or some other girl really did establish a relationship? Realistically I believe it still would not have stopped Dylan unless she does something drastic.

Something drastic such as?
Back to top Go down
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 2:50 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
aquillina wrote:

I've mentioned it already. If she broke into the school and confronted Dylan, I doubt he would have the nerve to shoot her.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 3:16 pm

aquillina wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
aquillina wrote:

I've mentioned it already. If she broke into the school and confronted Dylan, I doubt he would have the nerve to shoot her.

Oh I missed that. I don't know. I also doubt he would shoot her normally, but sometimes I feel he was just too far gone, too insane with what he was doing, too caught up to notice and might have shot at her.... At her though...I don't know that he would have killed her
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 3:34 pm

Alot of people, especially young fans on tumblr, think it's as simple as that when it came to Dylan meaning had he found love the massacre wouldn't happen. Realistically so many factors played a part as to why they decided to shoot up a school and themselves. Maybe in his journal he wrote so much about an unattainable girl that we think it's all about that but it's most probably not.

Could a relationship have stabilised him abit? It's possible but it's all about timing. Say his girl was Marla and they went steady a couple of years before graduation, something like that, then it's possible and the massacre probably wouldn't happen - so there won't be a wonder whether he would shoot her on 4/20. This is just for Dylan and speculation. For Eric it's got to be some other hypothetical scenario that might save him or not.

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 10:47 pm

When you say hypothetical scenario do you mean like a completely different setting or something completely random or out of blue for Eric?

shades

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 1:23 am

Completely different setting....

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 9:11 am

Diane Sawyer described Wayne as a "leave it to beaver dad", whatever the heck does tat mean?

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 9:16 am

aquillina wrote:
Diane Sawyer described Wayne as a "leave it to beaver dad", whatever the heck does tat mean?

I think it is just comparing Eric's life to that of Leave it to Beaver. If you have ever seen that show that family is supposed to be the "perfect American family". Loving parents and perfect children.

I think it is striving to compare Wayne to that in that he is an example of a great father. Taking care of his family, having a nice suburban home in a good neighborhood, wife that cooks dinner for the family, dog, white picket fence etc....

You watch those shows though and everything just seems so fake. Fake smiles with the "problems" being so silly and solved within 30 mins. Whereas Eric's life was anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?   Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?
Page 1 of 1