Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Robyn Anderson?

Go down 
+15
Lizpuff
Szabo
Screamingophelia
maninthebox
Mj2beat
bhb82
em81
Jaan
carrie12
Lifetime
tragedy79
Laeda
areyoulistening
Wideawake
Jenn
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn


Posts : 3129
Contribution Points : 118500
Forum Reputation : 1004
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:30 pm

What are your thoughts on her and what do you think she knew?

_________________
"I’ll see you in Heaven if you make the list"
Zachary Patrick Bowen (March 7, 1995-November 5, 2021).
I miss you little brother.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:15 pm

Interesting question. I'm really not sure what I think Of Robyn and if she knew more than she let on. But I know Brooks never liked her. Does anybody remember why?
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake


Posts : 320
Contribution Points : 101526
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-20
Location : US

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:19 pm

I think she was blinded by her crush on Dylan. Maybe she knew that they were planning something, but I sincerely doubt that she knew what. But I bet she figured it out when she was sitting in the parking lot eating her Dairy Queen.

I feel bad for the girl. Teenage girls will do just about anything for the boy they "luv". She couldn't have imagined what was coming.

I didn't realize that Brooks didn't like her.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn


Posts : 3129
Contribution Points : 118500
Forum Reputation : 1004
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Wideawake wrote:
I think she was blinded by her crush on Dylan. Maybe she knew that they were planning something, but I sincerely doubt that she knew what. But I bet she figured it out when she was sitting in the parking lot eating her Dairy Queen.

I feel bad for the girl. Teenage girls will do just about anything for the boy they "luv". She couldn't have imagined what was coming.

I didn't realize that Brooks didn't like her.

Eating her Dairy Queen. Lol.

_________________
"I’ll see you in Heaven if you make the list"
Zachary Patrick Bowen (March 7, 1995-November 5, 2021).
I miss you little brother.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:53 pm

Wideawake wrote:
I think she was blinded by her crush on Dylan. Maybe she knew that they were planning something, but I sincerely doubt that she knew what. But I bet she figured it out when she was sitting in the parking lot eating her Dairy Queen.

I feel bad for the girl. Teenage girls will do just about anything for the boy they "luv". She couldn't have imagined what was coming.

I didn't realize that Brooks didn't like her.

Brooks explains why in No Easy Answers. I wish I could remember what he said.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:16 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
Wideawake wrote:
I think she was blinded by her crush on Dylan. Maybe she knew that they were planning something, but I sincerely doubt that she knew what. But I bet she figured it out when she was sitting in the parking lot eating her Dairy Queen.

I feel bad for the girl. Teenage girls will do just about anything for the boy they "luv". She couldn't have imagined what was coming.

I didn't realize that Brooks didn't like her.

Brooks explains why in No Easy Answers. I wish I could remember what he said.

No he doesnt explain. He just wrote, that he didnt like her.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:27 am

Hale-Bopp wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Wideawake wrote:
I think she was blinded by her crush on Dylan. Maybe she knew that they were planning something, but I sincerely doubt that she knew what. But I bet she figured it out when she was sitting in the parking lot eating her Dairy Queen.

I feel bad for the girl. Teenage girls will do just about anything for the boy they "luv". She couldn't have imagined what was coming.

I didn't realize that Brooks didn't like her.

Brooks explains why in No Easy Answers. I wish I could remember what he said.

No he doesnt explain. He just wrote, that he didnt like her.

Thanks for clarifying that up.
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening




Posts : 299
Contribution Points : 101547
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : Ireland

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:35 am

Wideawake wrote:
I think she was blinded by her crush on Dylan.

I feel bad for the girl. Teenage girls will do just about anything for the boy they "luv". She couldn't have imagined what was coming.

I didn't realize that Brooks didn't like her.

^this I think that Dylan used her to get what he wanted from her. Poor girl..

_________________
If Frodo can get the ring to Mordor, you can get out of bed.
Back to top Go down
Laeda




Posts : 132
Contribution Points : 101256
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-21
Location : Europe

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:45 pm

I think she thought they were just guys interested in guns, I believe they might have given her some sort of subtle hint of what was going to happen but she didn't get it.
Just an example, even if they ever talked about 'killing their school mates' to her, I can't see anyone seeing it as something that they're actually planning, it could have been taken as a morbid joke, something an angry kid would say (like when you don't like someone and you say I hope he dies, it's just a 'saying' and you don't mean it for real, at least most of the people don't) I don't know though if in the US, when school shootings are common, there's a different reaction about this.
Also the crush on Dylan would have minimized all the 'bad sides' they could have shown.

_________________
Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage.
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake


Posts : 320
Contribution Points : 101526
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-20
Location : US

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:06 pm

I'd like to know how Robyn felt about Eric. Did she consider him a friend, or was he an unfortunate part of the Dylan package? And on the flip side, I'd like to know how both Dylan and Eric felt about her and treated her. Did Dylan like her at all even as a friend or was she merely a pawn? Were they nice to her? Flirty? Basically ignored her?

I wish she was in one of the videos so we could see how they all interacted.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:33 pm

Wideawake wrote:
I'd like to know how Robyn felt about Eric. Did she consider him a friend, or was he an unfortunate part of the Dylan package? And on the flip side, I'd like to know how both Dylan and Eric felt about her and treated her. Did Dylan like her at all even as a friend or was she merely a pawn? Were they nice to her? Flirty? Basically ignored her?

I wish she was in one of the videos so we could see how they all interacted.

I read that when Dylan went to Arizona on March spring break with Nate's family, Robin had a party at her house and she invited Eric.

I think she kinda like the 'bad boy' thing about the two of them -- or the TCM version 2.0 in general. Robin gave the impression to many peers that she was pursuing Dylan. She wore similiar sunglasses as Dylan. She probably told her friends how she really dug Dylan but played it subtle with him as 'just friends'. I often ponder if Dylan didn't return anything with her because 1) he was leaving the planet soon and didn't want to bond with anyone - plus, he was already pining after his perfect dream girl (at least in his state of mind) and/or 2) Robin was not his type, though he liked her company. I also think he was turned off by the fact that she was ..as Dylan would put it, a "christianic" good girl.

I think she accepted Eric as part of Dylan's BFF package so she hung with both of them. Eric and Dylan appeared to like her as a friend and gave kudos to her in the basement tapes as being 'cool'. Dylan saw the opportunity with NBK nearing and the fact that she was of age to buy the guns. I don't think he or Eric felt it was personal that they "used" her. They used a lot of people because they needed to accomplish their task. To paraphrase Dylan: "like you use a horse to carry shit". Of course, that doesn't at all condone their actions but it was the quickest way to accomplish their goal before their deadline: graduation, senior year ending.
Back to top Go down
tragedy79




Posts : 242
Contribution Points : 101745
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-15
Age : 44
Location : The Netherlands

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 4:13 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
Wideawake wrote:
I'd like to know how Robyn felt about Eric. Did she consider him a friend, or was he an unfortunate part of the Dylan package? And on the flip side, I'd like to know how both Dylan and Eric felt about her and treated her. Did Dylan like her at all even as a friend or was she merely a pawn? Were they nice to her? Flirty? Basically ignored her?

I wish she was in one of the videos so we could see how they all interacted.

I read that when Dylan went to Arizona on March spring break with Nate's family, Robin had a party at her house and she invited Eric.

I think she kinda like the 'bad boy' thing about the two of them -- or the TCM version 2.0 in general. Robin gave the impression to many peers that she was pursuing Dylan. She wore similiar sunglasses as Dylan. She probably told her friends how she really dug Dylan but played it subtle with him as 'just friends'. I often ponder if Dylan didn't return anything with her because 1) he was leaving the planet soon and didn't want to bond with anyone - plus, he was already pining after his perfect dream girl (at least in his state of mind) and/or 2) Robin was not his type, though he liked her company. I also think he was turned off by the fact that she was ..as Dylan would put it, a "christianic" good girl.

I think she accepted Eric as part of Dylan's BFF package so she hung with both of them. Eric and Dylan appeared to like her as a friend and gave kudos to her in the basement tapes as being 'cool'. Dylan saw the opportunity with NBK nearing and the fact that she was of age to buy the guns. I don't think he or Eric felt it was personal that they "used" her. They used a lot of people because they needed to accomplish their task. To paraphrase Dylan: "like you use a horse to carry shit". Of course, that doesn't at all condone their actions but it was the quickest way to accomplish their goal before their deadline: graduation, senior year ending.

I read that Robyn called Eric to invite Dylan to her party. When Eric told her that Dylan was in Arizona, I think she felt obliged to ask Eric.

Everybody on this forum, and also on the old forum seem to asume that Robyn had a crush on Dylan. But she wrote a letter to her friend Chris Kirk(who was at sea, in the navy?) that she would have prefered to go to prom with him as a date. So Dylan wasn't her first choice.

I am not a big fan of Robyn Anderson..it's not like I know her personally, but reading about this ignorent girl, just gives me negative vibes. She was never punished, because of the loophole in the Brady Bill and someone as Mark Manes and Phil Duran had to really pay for just providing one gun.

Maybe I am a bit hush and like I said: I really don't know her, but it is just that feeling, that somebody annoys the hell out of you. Maybe some of you know what I mean.
I am sorry if my spelling sucks, I really don't feel like checking it right now.

_________________
Ignorance is bliss!-Dylan Klebold

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 4:53 pm

tragedy79 wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
Wideawake wrote:
I'd like to know how Robyn felt about Eric. Did she consider him a friend, or was he an unfortunate part of the Dylan package? And on the flip side, I'd like to know how both Dylan and Eric felt about her and treated her. Did Dylan like her at all even as a friend or was she merely a pawn? Were they nice to her? Flirty? Basically ignored her?

I wish she was in one of the videos so we could see how they all interacted.

I read that when Dylan went to Arizona on March spring break with Nate's family, Robin had a party at her house and she invited Eric.

I think she kinda like the 'bad boy' thing about the two of them -- or the TCM version 2.0 in general. Robin gave the impression to many peers that she was pursuing Dylan. She wore similiar sunglasses as Dylan. She probably told her friends how she really dug Dylan but played it subtle with him as 'just friends'. I often ponder if Dylan didn't return anything with her because 1) he was leaving the planet soon and didn't want to bond with anyone - plus, he was already pining after his perfect dream girl (at least in his state of mind) and/or 2) Robin was not his type, though he liked her company. I also think he was turned off by the fact that she was ..as Dylan would put it, a "christianic" good girl.

I think she accepted Eric as part of Dylan's BFF package so she hung with both of them. Eric and Dylan appeared to like her as a friend and gave kudos to her in the basement tapes as being 'cool'. Dylan saw the opportunity with NBK nearing and the fact that she was of age to buy the guns. I don't think he or Eric felt it was personal that they "used" her. They used a lot of people because they needed to accomplish their task. To paraphrase Dylan: "like you use a horse to carry shit". Of course, that doesn't at all condone their actions but it was the quickest way to accomplish their goal before their deadline: graduation, senior year ending.

I read that Robyn called Eric to invite Dylan to her party. When Eric told her that Dylan was in Arizona, I think she felt obliged to ask Eric.

Everybody on this forum, and also on the old forum seem to asume that Robyn had a crush on Dylan. But she wrote a letter to her friend Chris Kirk(who was at sea, in the navy?) that she would have prefered to go to prom with him as a date. So Dylan wasn't her first choice.

I am not a big fan of Robyn Anderson..it's not like I know her personally, but reading about this ignorent girl, just gives me negative vibes. She was never punished, because of the loophole in the Brady Bill and someone as Mark Manes and Phil Duran had to really pay for just providing one gun.

Maybe I am a bit hush and like I said: I really don't know her, but it is just that feeling, that somebody annoys the hell out of you. Maybe some of you know what I mean.
I am sorry if my spelling sucks, I really don't feel like checking it right now.

In regards to a "crush", there are accounts from a few CHS students that claimed Robyn acted as though she had a thing for Dylan. I seem to recall Nate said this as well. So, not really an assumption. I'd like see the source on Robyn writing a letter to friend Chris Kirk. Where did you read this?

I agree that Robyn seems to have gotten off scott free. The verdict seems skewed and rather like reverse sexism. Her beef was that she didn't have a clue; she thought her pals were collecting guns for hunting. Yet, Manes and Duran also thought they were using guns for sport and definitely not purchasing to shoot up people. All of them could claim innocence in that regard, so...

I recall reading the 11K account of friend that was with Robyn in the car while the attack was going on and she describes that Robyn seemed to have been acting anxious to leave for lunch that day. Robyn offered to help pay for one of her friend's lunch when she normally wouldn't do that type of thing because it seemed she wanted to go out for lunch really bad. She may have been tipped off that something was about to happen on that particular day but only started putting the pieces together in the car that it was the very guys she helped out in a very big way.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 5:09 pm

Jenn wrote:
What are your thoughts on her and what do you think she knew?

I think she should have got the same as Mark Manes and the other fellow. She was making straw purchases for minors, that worse than what Manes did IMO.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn


Posts : 3129
Contribution Points : 118500
Forum Reputation : 1004
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:43 pm

trench coat wrote:
Jenn wrote:
What are your thoughts on her and what do you think she knew?

I think she should have got the same as Mark Manes and the other fellow. She was making straw purchases for minors, that worse than what Manes did IMO.

You believe she got off too easily? Didn't she make some kind of deal though? If so, what was the deal? I don't really recall.

_________________
"I’ll see you in Heaven if you make the list"
Zachary Patrick Bowen (March 7, 1995-November 5, 2021).
I miss you little brother.
Back to top Go down
Lifetime




Posts : 136
Contribution Points : 101878
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-18

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:26 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
Wideawake wrote:
I think she was blinded by her crush on Dylan. Maybe she knew that they were planning something, but I sincerely doubt that she knew what. But I bet she figured it out when she was sitting in the parking lot eating her Dairy Queen.

I feel bad for the girl. Teenage girls will do just about anything for the boy they "luv". She couldn't have imagined what was coming.

I didn't realize that Brooks didn't like her.

Brooks explains why in No Easy Answers. I wish I could remember what he said.


Brooks didn't like her simple because she didn't go to jail for buying the weapons for E/D and Manes did. I don't know why he was so upset because she didn't go to jail, honestly the only time she broke the law, was when Eric and Dylan started killing people.

_________________
"I'd rather die my way than live yours."- Lauren Oliver

anna444 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
tragedy79




Posts : 242
Contribution Points : 101745
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-15
Age : 44
Location : The Netherlands

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:16 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
tragedy79 wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
Wideawake wrote:
I'd like to know how Robyn felt about Eric. Did she consider him a friend, or was he an unfortunate part of the Dylan package? And on the flip side, I'd like to know how both Dylan and Eric felt about her and treated her. Did Dylan like her at all even as a friend or was she merely a pawn? Were they nice to her? Flirty? Basically ignored her?

I wish she was in one of the videos so we could see how they all interacted.

I read that when Dylan went to Arizona on March spring break with Nate's family, Robin had a party at her house and she invited Eric.

I think she kinda like the 'bad boy' thing about the two of them -- or the TCM version 2.0 in general. Robin gave the impression to many peers that she was pursuing Dylan. She wore similiar sunglasses as Dylan. She probably told her friends how she really dug Dylan but played it subtle with him as 'just friends'. I often ponder if Dylan didn't return anything with her because 1) he was leaving the planet soon and didn't want to bond with anyone - plus, he was already pining after his perfect dream girl (at least in his state of mind) and/or 2) Robin was not his type, though he liked her company. I also think he was turned off by the fact that she was ..as Dylan would put it, a "christianic" good girl.

I think she accepted Eric as part of Dylan's BFF package so she hung with both of them. Eric and Dylan appeared to like her as a friend and gave kudos to her in the basement tapes as being 'cool'. Dylan saw the opportunity with NBK nearing and the fact that she was of age to buy the guns. I don't think he or Eric felt it was personal that they "used" her. They used a lot of people because they needed to accomplish their task. To paraphrase Dylan: "like you use a horse to carry shit". Of course, that doesn't at all condone their actions but it was the quickest way to accomplish their goal before their deadline: graduation, senior year ending.

I read that Robyn called Eric to invite Dylan to her party. When Eric told her that Dylan was in Arizona, I think she felt obliged to ask Eric.

Everybody on this forum, and also on the old forum seem to asume that Robyn had a crush on Dylan. But she wrote a letter to her friend Chris Kirk(who was at sea, in the navy?) that she would have prefered to go to prom with him as a date. So Dylan wasn't her first choice.

I am not a big fan of Robyn Anderson..it's not like I know her personally, but reading about this ignorent girl, just gives me negative vibes. She was never punished, because of the loophole in the Brady Bill and someone as Mark Manes and Phil Duran had to really pay for just providing one gun.

Maybe I am a bit hush and like I said: I really don't know her, but it is just that feeling, that somebody annoys the hell out of you. Maybe some of you know what I mean.
I am sorry if my spelling sucks, I really don't feel like checking it right now.

In regards to a "crush", there are accounts from a few CHS students that claimed Robyn acted as though she had a thing for Dylan. I seem to recall Nate said this as well. So, not really an assumption. I'd like see the source on Robyn writing a letter to friend Chris Kirk. Where did you read this?

I agree that Robyn seems to have gotten off scott free. The verdict seems skewed and rather like reverse sexism. Her beef was that she didn't have a clue; she thought her pals were collecting guns for hunting. Yet, Manes and Duran also thought they were using guns for sport and definitely not purchasing to shoot up people. All of them could claim innocence in that regard, so...

I recall reading the 11K account of friend that was with Robyn in the car while the attack was going on and she describes that Robyn seemed to have been acting anxious to leave for lunch that day. Robyn offered to help pay for one of her friend's lunch when she normally wouldn't do that type of thing because it seemed she wanted to go out for lunch really bad. She may have been tipped off that something was about to happen on that particular day but only started putting the pieces together in the car that it was the very guys she helped out in a very big way.

The letter to Chris Kirk was mentioned in a Dutch book about Columbine and the shitty thing is, the author doesn't mention a source. When I have the time I will try to find it. The author is usually really precise in his research, so sometimes I am trusting him a little bit too much maybe.
Because you have a point with all the statements that are claiming her crush on Dylan. But I am still a little sceptical. Usually when a boy and a girl become close friends, there are always the rumors and whispers of other people, who are making it something that's not.

I agree with your point that Robyn's behaviour is suspicious, but she probably didn't know the whole story.


_________________
Ignorance is bliss!-Dylan Klebold
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:38 pm

tragedy79 wrote:

The letter to Chris Kirk was mentioned in a Dutch book about Columbine and the shitty thing is, the author doesn't mention a source. When I have the time I will try to find it. The author is usually really precise in his research, so sometimes I am trusting him a little bit too much maybe.
Because you have a point with all the statements that are claiming her crush on Dylan. But I am still a little sceptical. Usually when a boy and a girl become close friends, there are always the rumors and whispers of other people, who are making it something that's not.

I agree with your point that Robyn's behaviour is suspicious, but she probably didn't know the whole story.


Oh, that book. "We are but we aren't Psycho" I've heard SO many good things about it. I still can't believe there is no english version yet. *sigh*
If you could include an excerpt from it regarding Chris Kirk that would be most appreciated!
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening




Posts : 299
Contribution Points : 101547
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : Ireland

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:44 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
Oh, that book. "We are but we aren't Psycho" I've heard SO many good things about it. I still can't believe there is no english version yet. *sigh* If you could include an excerpt from it regarding Chris Kirk that would be most appreciated!

Why do people continue to write books about it? I'm glad that there's an apparently accurate description of events. But it's been 14 years, you can only beat a dead horse for so long. Is it like that with all serial/mass murderers in America? I know here we don't really hear much about that kind of thing.

_________________
If Frodo can get the ring to Mordor, you can get out of bed.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:43 pm

Jenn wrote:
trench coat wrote:
Jenn wrote:
What are your thoughts on her and what do you think she knew?

I think she should have got the same as Mark Manes and the other fellow. She was making straw purchases for minors, that worse than what Manes did IMO.

You believe she got off too easily? Didn't she make some kind of deal though? If so, what was the deal? I don't really recall.

Deal or no deal she broke the law and should be punished accordingly...all she did was even more damage to responsible gun owners by blasting Gun Shows...which are legal unlike what she did by buying shotguns for two minors. E&D sawed them off probably the same night she bought them. Manes did not condone the sawed off shotguns and even says in the video "Say NO to sawed offs." But them he screw up and shot the very same gun, that doesn't make him more guilty.
Back to top Go down
tragedy79




Posts : 242
Contribution Points : 101745
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-15
Age : 44
Location : The Netherlands

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 2:09 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
tragedy79 wrote:

The letter to Chris Kirk was mentioned in a Dutch book about Columbine and the shitty thing is, the author doesn't mention a source. When I have the time I will try to find it. The author is usually really precise in his research, so sometimes I am trusting him a little bit too much maybe.
Because you have a point with all the statements that are claiming her crush on Dylan. But I am still a little sceptical. Usually when a boy and a girl become close friends, there are always the rumors and whispers of other people, who are making it something that's not.

I agree with your point that Robyn's behaviour is suspicious, but she probably didn't know the whole story.


Oh, that book. "We are but we aren't Psycho" I've heard SO many good things about it. I still can't believe there is no english version yet. *sigh*
If you could include an excerpt from it regarding Chris Kirk that would be most appreciated!


Dylan will be going to prom. He doesn't really feel like it, because he doesn't like parties, has never danced and never has been to a schoolparty. But Robyn asked him-It's a favor to her.

He isn't her first choice either. She wrote to Chris Kirk, who is at sea:"I couldn't decide with who I should go, so at last I persuaded my good friend Dylan to go with me. He hates danceparties, jocks and has never had a date before, also never a girlfriend. So I am really atractive or I am real;ly great in changing someones mind. We always have lots of fun when we go out. He really is a great friend. Offcourse I would have rather went we you, if you would have been here, but I assumed you wouldn't be home. I really long to see you again, Chris!

End of quote of Tim Krabbé's We are, but we aren't psycho. I hope the translation isn't that awful.

_________________
Ignorance is bliss!-Dylan Klebold
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 3:04 pm

tragedy79 wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
tragedy79 wrote:

The letter to Chris Kirk was mentioned in a Dutch book about Columbine and the shitty thing is, the author doesn't mention a source. When I have the time I will try to find it. The author is usually really precise in his research, so sometimes I am trusting him a little bit too much maybe.
Because you have a point with all the statements that are claiming her crush on Dylan. But I am still a little sceptical. Usually when a boy and a girl become close friends, there are always the rumors and whispers of other people, who are making it something that's not.

I agree with your point that Robyn's behaviour is suspicious, but she probably didn't know the whole story.


Oh, that book. "We are but we aren't Psycho" I've heard SO many good things about it. I still can't believe there is no english version yet. *sigh*

If you could include an excerpt from it regarding Chris Kirk that would be most appreciated!

Dylan will be going to prom. He doesn't really feel like it, because he doesn't like parties, has never danced and never has been to a schoolparty. But Robyn asked him-It's a favor to her.

He isn't her first choice either. She wrote to Chris Kirk, who is at sea:"I couldn't decide with who I should go, so at last I persuaded my good friend Dylan to go with me. He hates danceparties, jocks and has never had a date before, also never a girlfriend. So I am really atractive or I am real;ly great in changing someones mind. We always have lots of fun when we go out. He really is a great friend. Offcourse I would have rather went we you, if you would have been here, but I assumed you wouldn't be home. I really long to see you again, Chris!

End of quote of Tim Krabbé's We are, but we aren't psycho. I hope the translation isn't that awful.

Excellent...and good transalation too! I wonder where Krabbe got this letter from Robyn to Chris? Did Krabbe seek out and interview Robin and others connected with Columbine ?


I have heard a spin on what Robin boasted to her friends in an article I read (somewhere):

I convinced my friend Dylan, who hates dances, jocks and who has never had a date let alone a girlfriend to go with me! I am either cute or just really persuasive!

In the Basement Tapes transcripts, Dylan mentioned he didn't want to go to prom but figured that since he would be dying soon he'd do something cool (plus, the parents paid him the $200 to go - essentially bribing their son to go!) I wonder if NBK wasn't coming up, whether Dylan, via Robin's persistence, would've still agreed to go with Robyn as a favor to her.

I read also that Dylan and Robin held hands during prom. Unfortunately, I don't have the source for that but I read it somewhere. Not sure if it's true - however, I can see Dylan doing this to make Robyn happy. Same as he spent quality time talking to friends at prom telling them he wanted to keep in touch in the future.

Back to top Go down
tragedy79




Posts : 242
Contribution Points : 101745
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-15
Age : 44
Location : The Netherlands

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 3:14 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
tragedy79 wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
tragedy79 wrote:

The letter to Chris Kirk was mentioned in a Dutch book about Columbine and the shitty thing is, the author doesn't mention a source. When I have the time I will try to find it. The author is usually really precise in his research, so sometimes I am trusting him a little bit too much maybe.
Because you have a point with all the statements that are claiming her crush on Dylan. But I am still a little sceptical. Usually when a boy and a girl become close friends, there are always the rumors and whispers of other people, who are making it something that's not.

I agree with your point that Robyn's behaviour is suspicious, but she probably didn't know the whole story.


Oh, that book. "We are but we aren't Psycho" I've heard SO many good things about it. I still can't believe there is no english version yet. *sigh*

If you could include an excerpt from it regarding Chris Kirk that would be most appreciated!

Dylan will be going to prom. He doesn't really feel like it, because he doesn't like parties, has never danced and never has been to a schoolparty. But Robyn asked him-It's a favor to her.

He isn't her first choice either. She wrote to Chris Kirk, who is at sea:"I couldn't decide with who I should go, so at last I persuaded my good friend Dylan to go with me. He hates danceparties, jocks and has never had a date before, also never a girlfriend. So I am really atractive or I am real;ly great in changing someones mind. We always have lots of fun when we go out. He really is a great friend. Offcourse I would have rather went we you, if you would have been here, but I assumed you wouldn't be home. I really long to see you again, Chris!

End of quote of Tim Krabbé's We are, but we aren't psycho. I hope the translation isn't that awful.

Excellent...and good transalation too! I wonder where Krabbe got this letter from Robyn to Chris? Did Krabbe seek out and interview Robin and others connected with Columbine ?


I have heard a spin on what Robin boasted to her friends in an article I read (somewhere):

I convinced my friend Dylan, who hates dances, jocks and who has never had a date let alone a girlfriend to go with me! I am either cute or just really persuasive!

In the Basement Tapes transcripts, Dylan mentioned he didn't want to go to prom but figured that since he would be dying soon he'd do something cool (plus, the parents paid him the $200 to go - essentially bribing their son to go!) I wonder if NBK wasn't coming up, whether Dylan, via Robin's persistence, would've still agreed to go with Robyn as a favor to her.

I read also that Dylan and Robin held hands during prom. Unfortunately, I don't have the source for that but I read it somewhere. Not sure if it's true - however, I can see Dylan doing this to make Robyn happy. Same as he spent quality time talking to friends at prom telling them he wanted to keep in touch in the future.


I am wondering where Krabbé got his source from too. I know he did everything through internetresearch and reading the same books most of us did read. But I am too lazy right know to look for the source behind this. I only can research in the evening, since my own computer past away Crying or Very sad . I will look it up, when I have more time.(if I can find it) He doesn't mention the source for this particular section Sad

_________________
Ignorance is bliss!-Dylan Klebold
Back to top Go down
carrie12




Posts : 71
Contribution Points : 101068
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-30

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:38 am

Robyn's account on going to the Prom with Dylan was originally in an article at Westword.com ("Back to school" by Alan Prendergast). Don't know if it's still available.
Dylan and Robyn holding hands at the Prom was in the "fatal friendship"-article.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 12:21 pm

carrie12 wrote:
Robyn's account on going to the Prom with Dylan was originally in an article at Westword.com ("Back to school" by Alan Prendergast). Don't know if it's still available.
Dylan and Robyn holding hands at the Prom was in the "fatal friendship"-article.

Thanks for linking the info to source:

Found them here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I recall this story was particularly good and very thorough..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jaan




Posts : 40
Contribution Points : 100882
Forum Reputation : 50
Join date : 2013-04-03
Age : 46
Location : The Netherlands

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:38 am

The letters Robyn wrote to Chris can be found on evanlong.net. In the download section search for "tips A-L" on page 296 the Chris Kirk section starts. If you use other sources its JC-001-013271 and further.
I knew I read more than Krabbé mentioned in his book.

Happy reading to all of you.
Back to top Go down
Jaan




Posts : 40
Contribution Points : 100882
Forum Reputation : 50
Join date : 2013-04-03
Age : 46
Location : The Netherlands

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 5:37 am

The "tips A-L" also contain a nice bonus. The notes which Eric exchanged with Kristi Epling during german class. Kristi send those to Lindsay Balsam, they can be found on page 18 and further, the Lindsay section starts on page 10, or JC-001-012985 for other sources.

Enjoy
Back to top Go down
carrie12




Posts : 71
Contribution Points : 101068
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-30

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 9:58 am

Thanks for the hint on the Kristi Epling notes! I had never seen those, only read Jeff Kass'
transcripts.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 2:30 pm

I think that people should really get off Robyn's back. She had no idea what would happen.She did something unwise to try to impress a guy she really liked . Girls do that everyday.This was a rare circumstance that happened to have bad consequences. I don't blame her for not spilling her guts to people and trying to protect herself as best she could. She had to go on living . Most people would do the same whether they admit it or not in such a situation.
And she was sued and harassed.I thought it was totally unnecessary how when at the trial she had with the victims families, their attorneys pointed at Robyn and said this is so and so, their son/daughter was killed at Columbine and went through the whole list. Like she likely doesn't feel bad enough.
Sure, its not fair that she got no jail time when Manes and Duran did but I think their sentences were excessive also. People stuck it to them because they wanted to take their anger out on someone living.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 2:42 pm

DarkofNight wrote:
I think that people should really get off Robyn's back. She had no idea what would happen.She did something unwise to try to impress a guy she really liked . Girls do that everyday.This was a rare circumstance that happened to have bad consequences. I don't blame her for not spilling her guts to people and trying to protect herself as best she could. She had to go on living . Most people would do the same whether they admit it or not in such a situation.
And she was sued and harassed.I thought it was totally unnecessary how when at the trial she had with the victims families, their attorneys pointed at Robyn and said this is so and so, their son/daughter was killed at Columbine and went through the whole list. Like she likely doesn't feel bad enough.
Sure, its not fair that she got no jail time when Manes and Duran did but I think their sentences were excessive also. People stuck it to them because they wanted to take their anger out on someone living.

Well said and I couldnt agree more!!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 2:47 pm


Thank you. I just feel the trashing of Robyn is excessive and it's been going on the whole time. Some people on the old board really took it too far.



CatherineM813 wrote:
DarkofNight wrote:
I think that people should really get off Robyn's back. She had no idea what would happen.She did something unwise to try to impress a guy she really liked . Girls do that everyday.This was a rare circumstance that happened to have bad consequences. I don't blame her for not spilling her guts to people and trying to protect herself as best she could. She had to go on living . Most people would do the same whether they admit it or not in such a situation.
And she was sued and harassed.I thought it was totally unnecessary how when at the trial she had with the victims families, their attorneys pointed at Robyn and said this is so and so, their son/daughter was killed at Columbine and went through the whole list. Like she likely doesn't feel bad enough.
Sure, its not fair that she got no jail time when Manes and Duran did but I think their sentences were excessive also. People stuck it to them because they wanted to take their anger out on someone living.

Well said and I couldnt agree more!!
Back to top Go down
em81




Posts : 374
Contribution Points : 100974
Forum Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-04-20
Age : 43
Location : Germany

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 6:54 am

Sometimes I asked how she feel today. Maybe she only want to forget all that shit.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:47 pm

DarkofNight wrote:

Thank you. I just feel the trashing of Robyn is excessive and it's been going on the whole time. Some people on the old board really took it too far.



CatherineM813 wrote:
DarkofNight wrote:
I think that people should really get off Robyn's back. She had no idea what would happen.She did something unwise to try to impress a guy she really liked . Girls do that everyday.This was a rare circumstance that happened to have bad consequences. I don't blame her for not spilling her guts  to people and trying to protect herself as best she could. She had to go on living . Most people would do the same whether they admit it or not in such a situation.
And she was sued and harassed.I thought it was totally unnecessary  how when at the trial  she had with the victims families, their attorneys pointed at Robyn and said this is so and so, their son/daughter was killed at Columbine  and went through the whole list. Like she likely doesn't feel bad enough.
Sure, its not fair that she got  no jail time when Manes and Duran did but I think their sentences were excessive also. People stuck it to them because they wanted to take their anger out on someone living.
Well said and I couldnt agree more!!
People on the old board took EVERYTHING way to far!! It really sucks what happened to SBB but I'm very thankful for this one.
Back to top Go down
em81




Posts : 374
Contribution Points : 100974
Forum Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-04-20
Age : 43
Location : Germany

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:09 am

What did the people on the old board?

I was on the old board, too. But I didn´t read all things.
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening




Posts : 299
Contribution Points : 101547
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : Ireland

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 6:08 am

Why do people assume that Robyn liked Dylan? I'm guilty of it myself but if I'm honest I don't remember reading it anywhere.

_________________
If Frodo can get the ring to Mordor, you can get out of bed.
Back to top Go down
em81




Posts : 374
Contribution Points : 100974
Forum Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-04-20
Age : 43
Location : Germany

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:20 am

Witness statements. Many witnesses said she flirted with him and had a crush on him. I remember one of his friends said she was interested, but he was not.

Robyn stated they were only good friends and that Dylan was not the person to have a girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
em81




Posts : 374
Contribution Points : 100974
Forum Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-04-20
Age : 43
Location : Germany

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 10:23 am

My scoures:

Nathan Dykeman: Anderson liked Klebold a lot, however Klebold just wanted to be her friend.

Kristi Epling: she described [Anderson] as in love with Dylan, he disinterested, she asked him to the prom.

And there some statements from mates, but at the moment it is too much work to find.

anna444 and Isabela like this post

Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake


Posts : 320
Contribution Points : 101526
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-20
Location : US

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 1:47 pm

em81 wrote:
Sometimes I asked how she feel today. Maybe she only want to forget all that shit.
I hope that she has been able to move on with her life. I'm sure that she thinks about every day, but a stupid mistake that she made as a teenager because she had a crush shouldn't have to haunt her forever. I certainly did some stupid shit involving my crushes. I never bought anybody guns, but who's to say I wouldn't if one of them had pushed hard enough?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 1:52 pm

em81 wrote:
My scoures:

Nathan Dykeman: Anderson liked Klebold a lot, however Klebold just wanted to be her friend.

Kristi Epling: she described [Anderson] as in love with Dylan, he disinterested, she asked him to the prom.

And there some statements from mates, but at the moment it is too much work to find.
I'm very much interested in checking out the statements from friends that you've come across. I definitely get that the majority of his friends opinion was that Robyn had a crush on Dylan.
However, I recall someone either on this forum (or the old one) dispelling Robyn Anderson's crush on Dylan as a myth.  They backed this up by mentioning that Robyn had a huge crush on a
sailor positioned on the East Coast - Christopher Jason Kirk, 21 at the time. She mentions in the 11K account that her first choice would've been to take Kirk to prom but she hadn't heard
back from him so Dylan was her second option.  A few of her letters to Kirk are in link below.  She also has to back pedal with Kirk and explain her friendship with Dylan after 4/20 and explain
why she helped them buy the guns.

013271 (near the bottom)
Back to top Go down
em81




Posts : 374
Contribution Points : 100974
Forum Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-04-20
Age : 43
Location : Germany

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 3:38 pm

@wideawake: I hope she moves on too. I don´t blame her because if she didn´t buy them the guns, another one would bought them guns. To own a gun does not mean you will kill people. I am interested on her side, her feelings and her thoughts. But I think she will never tell a single word and I respect this.

@InFiNiNcEX5:

Maybe I found something more, I will look. I never said she had a crash on him, but I think it was not absurd. I think she liked him much, but that does not mean he was her big love or something. Maybe they got together if Dylan wanted it.

I know about this sailor. It is not impossible to love / like two people, that is my opinon.

Back to top Go down
em81




Posts : 374
Contribution Points : 100974
Forum Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-04-20
Age : 43
Location : Germany

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Source No easy answer/ Brooks Brown:

"They bought their first guns with the help of Robyn, who appeared in that class picture next to us. We had first met Robyn as sophomores, when she was dating a guy in the theatre department. Since that time, she had remained friends with Dylan.

I never liked Robyn. I didn´t talk to her much. I knew she had a romantic interest in Dylan, but he didn´t return it. When they attended Prom together, it was only as friends. However, he and Eric find a way to use her friendship to their advantage."

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
em81




Posts : 374
Contribution Points : 100974
Forum Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-04-20
Age : 43
Location : Germany

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Autumn Hettinger ( was with Dylan & Robyn in calculous class):" she stated Robyn Anderson is also in her calculous class with Klebold. She stated during the last few month, she noticed that Anderson had been flirting with Klebold, but knew she was not his girlfriend."

Monica Schuster (a friend of Robyn) Schuster advised that Anderson was "very close" to Harris and Klebold. Schuster stated Anderson wanted to be Klebold´s girlfriend.


Last edited by em81 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 4:44 pm

em81 wrote:
@InFiNiNcEX5:

Maybe I found something more, I will look. I never said she had a crash on him, but I think it was not absurd. I think she liked him much, but that does not mean he was her big love or something. Maybe they got together if Dylan wanted it.

I know about this sailor. It is not impossible to love / like two people, that is my opinon.
Oh, I completely agree with you.  Her sailor was far off on naval missions and she was stuck in high school.  So, she's bound to have flirtations with boys she likes to hang out with in school.  Why put all your eggs in one basket at 18?  Keep your options open. ;)


Last edited by InFiNiNcEX5 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tragedy79




Posts : 242
Contribution Points : 101745
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-15
Age : 44
Location : The Netherlands

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 4:44 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
em81 wrote:
My scoures:

Nathan Dykeman: Anderson liked Klebold a lot, however Klebold just wanted to be her friend.

Kristi Epling: she described [Anderson] as in love with Dylan, he disinterested, she asked him to the prom.

And there some statements from mates, but at the moment it is too much work to find.
I'm very much interested in checking out the statements from friends that you've come across. I definitely get that the majority of his friends opinion was that Robyn had a crush on Dylan.
However, I recall someone either on this forum (or the old one) dispelling Robyn Anderson's crush on Dylan as a myth.  They backed this up by mentioning that Robyn had a huge crush on a
sailor positioned on the East Coast - Christopher Jason Kirk, 21 at the time. She mentions in the 11K account that her first choice would've been to take Kirk to prom but she hadn't heard
back from him so Dylan was her second option.  A few of her letters to Kirk are in link below.  She also has to back pedal with Kirk and explain her friendship with Dylan after 4/20 and explain
why she helped them buy the guns.

That someone would be me:) 

But I don't know for sure offcourse if she had a crush or not on Dylan, but I know from my own experience that if you hang out with a memeber of the opposite seks a lot, there will be a lot of gossip, whispers and innuendo. So that could explain the wittness statements.

But the letter to Chris Kirk seem to suggest she was in love/had feelings for this guy. So that's why I'm sceptical, but I wasn't there obviously, so like always, it's just speculation from my part.

013271 (near the bottom)

_________________
Ignorance is bliss!-Dylan Klebold
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 12:51 am

Robyn's letter

What are friends for? Robyn’s Second Choice.

"I couldn’t decide who, if anyone, I wanted to go with, so finally I convinced my friend Dylan, who hates dances, jocks and has never had a date let alone a girlfriend to go with me! I am either really cute or just really persuasive! I think we will have a good time though because we always have fun when we hang out. He’s a blast as a friend, but I guess it will be kinda wierd to be out with him all dressed up because mostly when we do stuph we just go bowling, watch movies or I help him catch up on the calculus assignments he waits until the last night to do all of. So, point being, I figured it would be better to go with someone that I know I will have a good time with, but won’t expect anything than someone that I half like that half likes me where who knows what the night could bring. See my point is of course if you were in town I would take you, but I didn’t figure you would be.”
Back to top Go down
bhb82

bhb82


Posts : 3
Contribution Points : 97478
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 42

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 9:04 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
Robyn's letter

I figured it would be better to go with someone that I know I will have a good time with, but won’t expect anything than someone that I half like that half likes me where who knows what the night could bring.  See my point is of course if you were in town I would take you, but I didn’t figure you would be.”
I always wondered about that quote. She's basically admitting to Christopher she "half-likes" Dylan, but implies he "half likes" her as well. But many of his friends say he had no romantic feelings towards her at all, he just wanted to be friends. I wonder if she made her feelings known and he gently let her down that he wasn't interested by maybe saying he liked her but only as a friend, but she felt maybe he was flirtatious towards her still?? It could be something as simple as her just not being his type (maybe he viewed her as a sister-type of friend and not someone he'd date), being too preoccupied with the other girls he had feelings for, or simply not wanting to pursue a relationship at all by the time NBK rolled closer. But it does make me wonder if there was something there with her that he wasn't sure about, or if it was something she was hoping was there if she had a crush on him and she was misinterpreting his friendship towards her as maybe liking her back. Of course, it could be more of a small crush and not "head over heels in love" with Dylan, too. I agree about the witness statements, heck, when I was in high school I had a lot of guy friends that were more like my brothers than love interests, but people always assumed I was with them romantically or had feelings for them-even my close friends thought I must have the hots for them.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 9:17 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
Robyn's letter

I figured it would be better to go with someone that I know I will have a good time with, but won’t expect anything than someone that I half like that half likes me where who knows what the night could bring.  See my point is of course if you were in town I would take you, but I didn’t figure you would be.”
bhb82 wrote:
I always wondered about that quote. She's basically admitting to Christopher she "half-likes" Dylan, but implies he "half likes" her as well. But many of his friends say he had no romantic feelings towards her at all, he just wanted to be friends. I wonder if she made her feelings known and he gently let her down that he wasn't interested..
I interpret her letter as saying: she figured she'd go with a friend, Dylan, who she would have fun with because there would be no romantic expectation rather than someone who she half liked who she knew half liked her, Christopher.  If Christopher was in town, she would have asked him first.
Back to top Go down
bhb82

bhb82


Posts : 3
Contribution Points : 97478
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 42

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 12:02 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Robyn's letter

I figured it would be better to go with someone that I know I will have a good time with, but won’t expect anything than someone that I half like that half likes me where who knows what the night could bring.  See my point is of course if you were in town I would take you, but I didn’t figure you would be.”
bhb82 wrote:
I always wondered about that quote. She's basically admitting to Christopher she "half-likes" Dylan, but implies he "half likes" her as well. But many of his friends say he had no romantic feelings towards her at all, he just wanted to be friends. I wonder if she made her feelings known and he gently let her down that he wasn't interested..
I interpret her letter as saying: she figured she'd go with a friend, Dylan, who she would have fun with because there would be no romantic expectation rather than someone who she half liked who she knew half liked her, Christopher.  If Christopher was in town, she would have asked him first.
Ahh, you know, that makes a little more sense to me!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 2:59 pm

How come Dylan didn't reciprocate the interest from Robyn? She seemed nice and pretty enough, at least in the prom pic. Apparently Dylan just wanted what he couldn't have, not what he could.
Back to top Go down
em81




Posts : 374
Contribution Points : 100974
Forum Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-04-20
Age : 43
Location : Germany

Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 10:45 am

Maybe you are right. But for some reason we don´t choose someone only because he/she is nice and good looking. Maybe he only wanted to be with someone who he really loved. (?)

It´s the same with Eric and Kristi. She wanted to date him, but he didn´t want. Maybe the two boys always wanted what they could not get...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Robyn Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn Anderson?   Robyn Anderson? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Robyn Anderson?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Robyn Anderson?
» Robyn Anderson Blame
» Where is Robyn Anderson today?
» Robyn Anderson First TV Appearance Video by CVA
» Did anyone besides Robyn Anderson knew they had firearms ?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: