Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting

Go down 
+14
InsaneIntruder
curious2017
QuestionMark
BehindZeroProxies
Myll
Juicy Jazzy
W.A.R.
sororityalpha
STK
Smiggles94
sscc
Krieg
1Mare1
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 2:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] look what the shooter wore to the church

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
BehindZeroProxies

BehindZeroProxies

Contribution Points : 59495
Forum Reputation : 0
Location : Australia. OCCUPATION: NEET, Professional shitposter. IQ: Extremely High (185)

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 2:09 pm

-warrior wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] look what the shooter wore to the church

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CONFIRMED For anitfa attack for sure
After this shooting the government needs to start throwing far leftists in jail TBH, they're a danger to society

Darkness dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 2:18 pm

"One time he told me I should move in with him and his wife and that he would take care of me as long as I walked around topless"  Stated by a former girlfriend.

Court-martialed in 2012 for assaulting his wife and his child.

He was charged with cruelty to animals in August 2014, but the case was dropped.

Yeah he seemed like a real charmer. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 2:31 pm

USA is doomed anyway, there is no hope now that Trump is the president.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120528
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 2:34 pm

BehindZeroProxies wrote:

After this shooting the government needs to start throwing far leftists in jail TBH, they're a danger to society

I'm not convinced that the dude in the mask is the shooter. I'll wait for confirmation by law enforcement on that.

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 2:35 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
BehindZeroProxies wrote:

I'm not convinced that the dude in the mask is the shooter. I'll wait for confirmation by law enforcement on that.

its just so odd that a post with a guy wearing a mask said something about watching the news in Texas. and the next day a guy shoots up a church with all black and a skull mask
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 2:36 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
USA is doomed anyway, there is no hope now that Trump is the president.

relax, Trump just learned that "there are so many countries"
Back to top Go down
BehindZeroProxies

BehindZeroProxies

Location : Australia. OCCUPATION: NEET, Professional shitposter. IQ: Extremely High (185)

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 2:38 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
BehindZeroProxies wrote:

I agree that he looks slightly different, but it would just be lighting and angles
Back to top Go down
Myll

Contribution Points : 60722
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 2:40 pm

-warrior wrote:

Thats very interesting.
This raises a lot of questions for me now.
That's so weird, even if that is just a big coincidence.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 2:42 pm

The eye brows seem different, more bushy almost a unibrow. But he could have been better groomed in the first pic.
Back to top Go down
BehindZeroProxies

BehindZeroProxies

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 2:51 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
The eye brows seem different, more bushy almost a unibrow. But he could have been better groomed in the first pic.  

Here's another photo, can't find the full one
Same colouring as the photo of the guy in the mask, eyebrows a bit more similar
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 2:52 pm

-warrior wrote:
its just so odd that a post with a guy wearing a mask said something about watching the news in Texas. and the next day a guy shoots up a church with all black and a skull mask

Well I'd prefer to be on the safe side with this one and just wait until we know for sure.

If it's not a coincidence though, this would be the second time a 4channer went on a murder rampage.

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 2:54 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
-warrior wrote:

Well I'd prefer to be on the safe side with this one and just wait until we know for sure.

If it's not a coincidence though, this would be the second time a 4channer went on a murder rampage.

elliot?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 3:05 pm

There is a video of the shooting. I wonder if it will get released
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 3:08 pm

-warrior wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
-warrior wrote:

elliot?

Christopher Harper-Mercer. Chris made that one threat to R9K talking about a "beta uprising". Elliot doesn't strike me as a person who would regularly use 4chan, much less use it to announce his plans.

sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124209
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 3:09 pm

-warrior wrote:

Video of the church shooting? source please.
Back to top Go down
BehindZeroProxies

BehindZeroProxies

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 3:11 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
-warrior wrote:

The church films its weekly congregation and uploads it to their youtube channel, the camera was definitely rolling at the time of the shooting
Probably won't be released though because there were kids in there and only fucked up psychopaths would want to see that
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 3:15 pm

-warrior wrote:

Considering how Stephan Paddock's corpse was leaked to the internet, I'd say it's possible, but unlikely.

STK

STK

Contribution Points : 73119
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 4:11 pm

-warrior wrote:
I don't think he explicitly wanted to kill children. He wanted to hurt anybody he could. As upposed to Adam or Thomas
The absolute rage and hatred a person must have to be so indiscriminately violent is far scarier to me than the targeted group nature of Adam or Hamilton.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 73119
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 4:13 pm

-warrior wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
-warrior wrote:

elliot?
Aside from Harper-Mercer, this minor shooter posted a warning on the site before committing his attack.
Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 63470
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 4:25 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
-warrior wrote:

marcel hesse also posted on 4chan (before AND while he went mad)
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 4:35 pm

BehindZeroProxies wrote:
sororityalpha wrote:
-warrior wrote:

The church films its weekly congregation and uploads it to their youtube channel, the camera was definitely rolling at the time of the shooting
Probably won't be released though because there were kids in there and only fucked up psychopaths would want to see that

You mean these: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The church is actually pretty small inside: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 4:48 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
-warrior wrote:

the church recorded and put all the sermons on youtube..i was watching fox and they said that the police had the recording

edit- i see you already saw it lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 4:49 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
BehindZeroProxies wrote:
sororityalpha wrote:
-warrior wrote:

You mean these: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The church is actually pretty small inside: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

almost every single person at the church got injured in the attack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 4:49 pm

303 wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
-warrior wrote:

marcel hesse also posted on 4chan (before AND while he went mad)
i thought he posted on torchan or krautchan something
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 5:48 pm

If god exists, he obviousley sent the shooter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 6:36 pm

whoops

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Gunman's 2012 court-martial originally included charges involving firearms

Texas church shooter Devin Kelley initially faced multiple charges in his 2012 court-martial, according to records reviewed by CNN.

Kelley was originally charged with assault and battery against his wife and aggravated assault against his step-son. He also faced four charges involving firearms including two charges of pointing a loaded firearm at his wife and two charges of pointing an unloaded firearm.

The firearms charges were dropped before trial as a result of a plea agreement where Kelley pleaded guilty to the aggravated assault against the child and the assault against the wife.

Here's what Kelley pleaded guilty to:

Assault against a child: Kelley assaulted a child under the age of 16, “striking him” on the “head and body” “with a force likely to produce death or grievous bodily harm.”

Assault against his wife: Kelley struck his wife with his hands and pulled her hair. He kicked and choked her.

Gunman shook stepson so hard it fractured his skull, Air Force chief prosecutor says

Col. Don Christensen, former Air Force chief prosecutor, said that Texas church shooter Devin Patrick Kelley once shook his stepson so hard that the boy suffered fractures and bleeding in his skull, which is so dangerous it could be deadly.

The retired Air Force colonel told CNN's Wolf Blitzer the domestic abuse offenses against Kelley's stepson and wife occurred between 2010 and 2012. The abuse started soon after Kelley's son was born in July 2010, Christensen said.

"During this time, he would often be physically violent with his son, including violently shaking him," Christensen said. "As a result of that, his stepson had suffered fractures, had a hematoma and he was eventually charged after he confessed to committing these offenses."

Kelley also admitted to "out of anger, pushing his son down and injuring him that way as well," Christensen said.

After admitting to the offense, Christensen said, Kelley was court-martialed and sentenced to a year confinement. He later received a bad conduct discharge, the retired colonel said.

Gunman's social media history shows an interest in mass shootings

Investigators have found indications in Texas gunman Devin Kelley’s social media presence that he was interested in mass shootings, according to a law enforcement official who was briefed on the investigation. Investigators are piecing together from social media and interviews that Kelley slowly spiraled downward and became increasingly obsessed, all over a family dispute.

The official says he could not let go of the family grievance.

Officials earlier said the gunman was involved in an ongoing domestic dispute and had sent threatening messaging to his mother-in-law who attended the church. "We know that he expressed anger towards his mother-in-law, who attends this church," said Freeman Martin of the Texas Department of Public Safety. He said Kelley had a history of sending her threatening texts.

His mother-in-law was not there on Sunday when Kelley sprayed the congregation with gunfire and killed 26 people. His grandmother-in-law, Lula White, was one of the victims.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83577
Forum Reputation : 698

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 7:02 pm

Devin Patrick Kelley called his father during a high-speed chase after Sunday's attack, Texas authorities announced Monday morning.

Texas Department of Public Safety regional director Freeman Martin told reporters during a press conference that Kelley called his father on his cellphone while he was being chased by two men in a truck.
Kelley was wounded and told his father that he didn't think he was going to make it, Martin said. Kelley subsequently shot himself and died.

Before the chase, Kelley was shot outside the church by an area resident responding to the shooting. Kelley then fled in a vehicle.

The area resident then flagged down a man driving a truck, and the pair pursued Kelley.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 7:03 pm

sscc wrote:

Devin Patrick Kelley called his father during a high-speed chase after Sunday's attack, Texas authorities announced Monday morning.

Texas Department of Public Safety regional director Freeman Martin told reporters during a press conference that Kelley called his father on his cellphone while he was being chased by two men in a truck.
Kelley was wounded and told his father that he didn't think he was going to make it, Martin said. Kelley subsequently shot himself and died.

Before the chase, Kelley was shot outside the church by an area resident responding to the shooting. Kelley then fled in a vehicle.

The area resident then flagged down a man driving a truck, and the pair pursued Kelley.

reminds me of how [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] got killed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 8:49 pm

Interview with guy who shot church shooter

Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70473
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 8:50 pm

Apparently the USAF failed submit his conviction into the federal database.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 8:51 pm

W.A.R. wrote:
Apparently the USAF failed submit his conviction into the federal database.

yup, thats a really huge failure on the government
Back to top Go down
BehindZeroProxies

BehindZeroProxies

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 8:59 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
If god exists, he obviousley sent the shooter.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 9:08 pm

Texas church shooter had three gunshot wounds

Devin Patrick Kelley, the gunman who killed 26 people at a Texas Baptist church, suffered three gunshot wounds, including a self-inflicted shot to the head, Texas authorities said Monday.

Kelley, 26, was also shot in the leg and torso by an armed citizen, said Freeman Martin of the Texas Department of Public Safety, citing autopsy results.

It was not immediately clear whether Kelley died from the self-inflicted gunshot wound or from being shot by the resident.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 9:09 pm

Something similar happened with Virginia Tech.

Under federal law, the Virginia Tech shooter Seung-Hui Cho should have been prohibited from purchasing a gun after a Virginia court declared him to be a danger to himself in late 2005 and sent him for psychiatric treatment, a government official and several legal experts said Friday.

Federal law prohibits anyone who has been “adjudicated as a mental defective,” as well as those who have been involuntarily committed to a mental health facility, from purchasing a gun.

A special justice’s order in late 2005 that directed Mr. Cho to seek outpatient treatment and declared him to be mentally ill and an imminent danger to himself fits the federal criteria and should have immediately disqualified him, said Richard J. Bonnie, chairman of the Supreme Court of Virginia’s Commission on Mental Health Law Reform. A spokesman for the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms also said if that if found mentally defective by a court, Mr. Cho should have been denied a gun.

The federal law defines adjudication as a mental defective to include “determination by a court, board, commission or other lawful authority” that as a result of mental illness, the person is a “danger to himself or others.

”Mr. Cho’s ability to purchase two guns despite his history of mental illness has cast new attention on Virginia’s relatively lax gun laws. And since states are supposed to enforce federal gun laws, the sales raise questions about whether Virgina — and other states — fully comply with the federal restrictions.

Virginia state law on mental health disqualifications to firearms purchases is worded slightly differently from the federal statute. As a result, the form that Virginia courts use to notify state police about a mental health disqualification only addresses the state criteria, which lists two potential categories that would warrant notification to the state police — someone who was “involuntarily committed,” or ruled mentally “incapacitated.”

Federal authorities apparently have not noticed Virginia’s failure to comply with federal guidelines restricting gun sales to the mentally ill. Dennis Henigan, legal director at the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, said the oversight on the federal law in Virginia has probably been occurring for some time.

“They may have been doing this for years, just basically assuming, if the guy’s not disqualified under state law, then we don’t have to send anything to the state police,” he said. “It’s a failure to recognize the independent obligation to the federal law.”

Most states do not follow the letter of the federal law when it comes to the mental health provisions, said Ron Honberg, legal director for the National Alliance on Mental Illness, an advocacy group.

“I suspect if we look at all the requirements that exist for the states, there’s probably a whole lot of them that don’t implement them,” he said, explaining the gap often comes from a lack of resources but also because no one is enforcing them. “When something like this happens, then people start to pay attention to this.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 9:09 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
Texas church shooter had three gunshot wounds

Devin Patrick Kelley, the gunman who killed 26 people at a Texas Baptist church, suffered three gunshot wounds, including a self-inflicted shot to the head, Texas authorities said Monday.

Kelley, 26, was also shot in the leg and torso by an armed citizen, said Freeman Martin of the Texas Department of Public Safety, citing autopsy results.

It was not immediately clear whether Kelley died from the self-inflicted gunshot wound or from being shot by the resident.

it was confirmed to be a self inflicted shot to kill him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 9:11 pm

sscc wrote:

Under federal law, the Virginia Tech shooter Seung-Hui Cho should have been prohibited from purchasing a gun after a Virginia court declared him to be a danger to himself in late 2005 and sent him for psychiatric treatment, a government official and several legal experts said Friday.

Federal law prohibits anyone who has been “adjudicated as a mental defective,” as well as those who have been involuntarily committed to a mental health facility, from purchasing a gun.

A special justice’s order in late 2005 that directed Mr. Cho to seek outpatient treatment and declared him to be mentally ill and an imminent danger to himself fits the federal criteria and should have immediately disqualified him, said Richard J. Bonnie, chairman of the Supreme Court of Virginia’s Commission on Mental Health Law Reform. A spokesman for the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms also said if that if found mentally defective by a court, Mr. Cho should have been denied a gun.

The federal law defines adjudication as a mental defective to include “determination by a court, board, commission or other lawful authority” that as a result of mental illness, the person is a “danger to himself or others.

”Mr. Cho’s ability to purchase two guns despite his history of mental illness has cast new attention on Virginia’s relatively lax gun laws. And since states are supposed to enforce federal gun laws, the sales raise questions about whether Virgina — and other states — fully comply with the federal restrictions.

Virginia state law on mental health disqualifications to firearms purchases is worded slightly differently from the federal statute. As a result, the form that Virginia courts use to notify state police about a mental health disqualification only addresses the state criteria, which lists two potential categories that would warrant notification to the state police — someone who was “involuntarily committed,” or ruled mentally “incapacitated.”

Federal authorities apparently have not noticed Virginia’s failure to comply with federal guidelines restricting gun sales to the mentally ill. Dennis Henigan, legal director at the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, said the oversight on the federal law in Virginia has probably been occurring for some time.

“They may have been doing this for years, just basically assuming, if the guy’s not disqualified under state law, then we don’t have to send anything to the state police,” he said. “It’s a failure to recognize the independent obligation to the federal law.”

Most states do not follow the letter of the federal law when it comes to the mental health provisions, said Ron Honberg, legal director for the National Alliance on Mental Illness, an advocacy group.

“I suspect if we look at all the requirements that exist for the states, there’s probably a whole lot of them that don’t implement them,” he said, explaining the gap often comes from a lack of resources but also because no one is enforcing them. “When something like this happens, then people start to pay attention to this.”

not really, in vtech the law said once he turned 18 no one could reveal his troubles..But Devin was discharged(so he was not allowed to own a gun) and the navy never got around to passing the info onto civilian background checks
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm

sororityalpha wrote:

Investigators have found indications in Texas gunman Devin Kelley’s social media presence that he was interested in mass shootings, according to a law enforcement official who was briefed on the investigation. Investigators are piecing together from social media and interviews that Kelley slowly spiraled downward and became increasingly obsessed, all over a family dispute.

I wonder if this is a general interest in mass shootings or had a particular focus. Either way, it seems like a case of the copycat effect.

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 9:26 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
sororityalpha wrote:

I wonder if this is a general interest in mass shootings or had a particular focus. Either way, it seems like a case of the copycat effect.

he sent threatening texts to his mother-in-law and his grandmother-in-law is one of the victims. Maybe he was angry and wanted to leave a mark
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 9:44 pm

-warrior wrote:
sscc wrote:

not really, in vtech the law said once he turned 18 no one could reveal his troubles..But Devin was discharged(so he was not allowed to own a gun) and the navy never got around to passing the info onto civilian background checks
I don't know what you mean about a law that said they could not reveal his troubles once he turned 18.

Cho was already over 18 and attending school at Virginia Tech when he was ordered into outpatient mental health treatment and to briefly summarize what I posted above, since you don't seem to have read it, the similarity lies in the fact that the Virginia court which ordered him into treatment was required by federal law to report Cho's mental health status to the state police but they didn't because of a discrepancy between federal and state law, which was a major oversight.

It's a very similar situation except with a failure to report his mental health status (which should have banned him from owning guns under federal law) to the authorities instead of a failure to report criminal status.

Edit: Though I guess there is a difference in that there was a question of whether outpatient treatment truly qualified under the federal law. Considering that he was harrassing and stalking fellow students and showing behavior so erratic that he was ordered into treatment, I think it should have qualified though I think the official ruling was that it was not breaking federal law. In the most recent case, there was no question at all that this was non-compliance with the law.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70473
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 9:50 pm

There was also a lapse in Dylann Roof's case.
Back to top Go down
BehindZeroProxies

BehindZeroProxies

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 12:41 am

He was another victim of ageing, just like Stephen Paddock was
I'd imagine looking like this
Would assure his myspace messages were never barren, girls like this would be Rawring at him nonstep
No doubt he got tons of pussy from chicks like this, then wait a few years......

He's literally one of the most disgusting people I've seen this year, no doubt ageing played a major role in this event
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 1:43 am

BehindZeroProxies wrote:
Would assure his myspace messages were never barren, girls like this would be Rawring at him nonstep
No doubt he got tons of pussy from chicks like this, then wait a few years......

He's literally one of the most disgusting people I've seen this year, no doubt ageing played a major role in this event

Please tell me you're just trolling and not serious at all. You're simplifying mass murder (and even basic human interaction) way too damn much.

BehindZeroProxies

BehindZeroProxies

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 1:51 am

QuestionMark wrote:
BehindZeroProxies wrote:

Please tell me you're just trolling and not serious at all. You're simplifying mass murder (and even basic human interaction) way too damn much.

Some things can be simplified that much, I seriously doubt he would do such a thing if he looked like Dolph Lundgren
Back to top Go down
BehindZeroProxies

BehindZeroProxies

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 1:57 am

Some times its better not to overthink things, a lot of high IQ valuable brain power is wasted on useless rambling about concepts that don't even matter, this guy was treated bad because he was unattractive, that's the main cause of all this
If this guy had taken his anger out at the gym on a punching bag it probably wouldn't have come to this
Back to top Go down
BehindZeroProxies

BehindZeroProxies

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 2:06 am

It's pretty brutal to come to terms with this, but most mass murderers are just angry guys, nothing special about them at all
The young ones haven't even had too much time to even think about things, they usually parrot the same edgy things, "blahalhalba society", a high amount of them were also abused as children so it's just expected that they kill people
An actual high IQ individual who happened to kill people was Ted Kaczynski, it's a shame he resorted to bombing people, but it was the best way to spread his message
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 2:53 am

sscc wrote:

Wherever people can access guns one way or another, you get shooting sprees. It is now probably too late to try and restrict semi-automatics in the USA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 9:03 am

BehindZeroProxies wrote:

The "Rawring at him nonstop" comment had me dying! Haha
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 11:36 am

Gunman fired nearly 450 shots inside church, leaving such destruction that the building may be beyond repair.

The gunman who killed 26 people inside a small Texas church on Sunday was armed with an assault rifle, 15 loaded magazines and an obsession with a family dispute.

As investigators try to piece together a picture of Devin Patrick Kelley, more clues have emerged over the deadliest shooting in Texas history, in which the gunman massacred parishioners ranging in age from 17 months to 77 years old.

The US Air Force acknowledged it did not relay Kelley's court martial conviction for domestic assault to civilian law enforcement that could have prevented him from purchasing the firearms used in the shooting. The Air Force and Department of Defense said they are investigating how records of his domestic violence conviction were handled.

Kelley, 26, had three gunshot wounds. He was shot in the leg and torso by an armed citizen, and had a self-inflicted shot to the head, authorities said. It wasn't clear which gunshot Kelley died from, but there's evidence at the scene "that indicates the subject may have died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound," Martin said. He was found dead in his vehicle.

Investigators have reviewed video footage from inside the church, Martin said.

Kelley was denied a license to carry a gun, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said. But he passed a background check required for the purchase he made in April 2016 of the Ruger AR-556 rifle he allegedly used in the shooting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting   Sutherland Springs - Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next