Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nikolas Cruz court proceedings

Go down 
+6
Screamingophelia
Jea
sscc
QuestionMark
Heyheyhey
04daviszoe
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Nikolas Cruz court proceedings  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz court proceedings    Nikolas Cruz court proceedings  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 6:03 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

Sounds like he's putting on a show of remorse.

That and he knows he wont see a dime of it anyway after all is said and done.

Yeah, better to donate the money, this way he has a better chance of not getting a lethal injection.

I'm still thinking he will end up with doing life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz court proceedings    Nikolas Cruz court proceedings  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 6:09 pm

nikolas was emotially and mentally challenged.

he doesn't deserve the death penalty

florida knows everyone is gonna give em asspats if they execute him

people like tj lane are more deserving but they "killed less"

nikolas was troubled and the police could've stopped him easily, just wanna kill him and move on instead of accepting they suck at their jobs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz court proceedings    Nikolas Cruz court proceedings  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 6:11 pm

eldigato wrote:
nikolas was emotially and mentally challenged.

he doesn't deserve the death penalty

florida knows everyone is gonna give em asspats if they execute him

people like tj lane are more deserving but they "killed less"

nikolas was troubled and the police could've stopped him easily, just wanna kill him and move on instead of accepting they suck at their jobs

Either way this will be a long drawn out process to decide his fate.
Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

Contribution Points : 58092
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz court proceedings    Nikolas Cruz court proceedings  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 2:06 am

Accused Parkland shooter Nikolas Cruz: Donate my inheritance to victims
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nice try to escape death penalty.

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz court proceedings    Nikolas Cruz court proceedings  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 6:32 am

Jea wrote:
Accused Parkland shooter Nikolas Cruz: Donate my inheritance to victims

Nice try to escape death penalty.

Agreed. As I said before, he's smart enough to know he isn't going to get the money. I also think this is mainly just a ploy to try to get the death penalty taken off the table as you said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz court proceedings    Nikolas Cruz court proceedings  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 3:05 pm

A Florida judge ruled Tuesday that a public defender will continue representing Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz.

Broward County Circuit Judge Elizabeth Scherer determined the 19-year-old Cruz cannot afford a private attorney, and would keep a public defender at taxpayers' expense.

Scherer ruled that Cruz has only about $28,000 in assets and cannot access most of it immediately, NBC Miami reported.

Also Tuesday, a state commission charged with investigating "system failures" at MSD met for the first time in Broward County.

The panel will investigate the response to the shooting attack by law enforcement and school resource officers, as well as MSD's school evaluation policies. They could produce a timeline of things that went wrong during the event and make recommendations for change.

Florida Gov. Rick Scott named Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri as the chairman of the commission. Other members include law enforcement, legal and education personnel and a mental health expert. The panel also includes three parents of students killed in the shooting.

Gualtieri said panel members would do their best to find answers.

"We've got some hard questions that need to be answered," he said, promising the process will be fair and fact-based.

The panel is expected to issue its first report early next year, and then subsequent yearly reports until 2023.

This was supposed to be addressed at a hearing that was scheduled for April 27th. scratch

I wonder if this ruling will cancel that court appearance altogether? Also kinda weird that this Parkland panel will give it's last report in the same year that the Columbine court depositions are set to be released.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz court proceedings    Nikolas Cruz court proceedings  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 11:42 am

Highlights from article-

Nikolas Cruz massacred 17 people in February at his former high school in Florida. The question now is does he live or die?

Broward County prosecutors have said they plan to seek the death penalty despite his attorney's offer of a guilty plea in exchange for a life sentence without the possibility of parole.

If prosecutors seek the death penalty, Cruz will join a short list of mass shooting suspects who've faced their victims in court. Of the 10 deadliest shootings in recent US history, Cruz is the only one who was captured alive.

Some parents who lost their children at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School have made their feelings known about a potential death penalty trial.

"I don't want to go through some lengthy trial that's going to be brutal. I want him to sit in a cell and rot for the rest of his life," said Andrew Pollack, whose 18-year-old daughter, Meadow, was one of the victims.

"Lethal injection is painless, it's too easy for the psychopath. I don't want it -- I want life."

Some Stoneman Douglas students are conflicted on the possibility of a death penalty trial.

Student leader Emma Gonzalez describes Cruz's potential death penalty trial as a "good" thing. Another student, Cameron Kasky, wants him to "rot forever" in prison instead.

Pollack does not refer to the gunman by name, and calls him 1800-1958 -- his criminal case number. If the death penalty trial proceeds, he said, he will not attend any hearings.

Instead of facing his daughter's killer in court, Pollack said he'll focus on ensuring her memory lives on through a program he's launched to ensure school safety.

A death penalty trial would deeply divide a grieving community, leading to fingerpointing between the school board, sheriff's office and state and federal governments, who've been accused of missing Cruz's many red flags before the shooting, Finkelstein said.

Cruz's public defender has made it clear that he's not looking forward to a death penalty trial.

Finkelstein is offering Cruz 's guilty plea in exchange for 34 life sentences without parole. That would take the death penalty trial off the table and spare the victims from reliving the nightmare during testimony, he said.

Finkelstein has said his client's guilt is not the question -- he's already confessed to the killing "We have been up front, from the first 24 hours. He is guilty. He did it. It's the most awful crime in Broward county. He should go to prison for the rest of his life," Finkelstein said. "There are people in the community who believe he should be locked up and the key should be thrown away. I happen to be one of those people."

Michael Satz, Broward County's prosecutor, declined to comment on whether he's open to a plea deal.

Cruz's next court appearance is set for tomorrow. Although the main thing has already been decided by the judge earlier this week. Which was deciding on whether Nikolas would have to pay for his own lawyers or not. It was decided that he would be allowed to keep his public defender, as he had no real access to any money at this time.  

So I am wondering what else will be addressed by the court on Friday?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz court proceedings    Nikolas Cruz court proceedings  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nikolas Cruz court proceedings
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2