Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.

Go down 
+9
CuriousColumbine
Kathericat
pess1mist
VoDKaComeHere
MalonsMilk
spidEr
STK
Screamingophelia
Rebdoomer420
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 9:35 am

So, lately Aspergers seems to be a hot topic when referring to mass shooters. I was wondering what all of you have to say about it ?

This is interesting to me because i actually suffer from aspergers as well, so obviously it's kind of mind-boggling that they'd put people with aspergers in that box.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6427
Contribution Points : 194046
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 10:07 am

This is a topic that interests me too because much like mental illness (James Holmes having schizophrenia, Dylan’s depression for example) the public at large doesn’t seem to want to lump shooters in with those people with these issues . They think it stigmatizes them even more.

However if it’s true that Adam Lanza had aspergers shouldn’t we use that as a component to study his motives?

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 10:14 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
This is a topic that interests me too because much like mental illness (James Holmes having schizophrenia, Dylan’s depression for example) the public at large doesn’t seem to want to lump shooters in with those people with these issues . They think it stigmatizes them even more.

However if it’s true that Adam Lanza had aspergers shouldn’t we use that as a component to study his motives?


Look, i can definitely see how aspergers could have been the culprit. I can't deny some of the things aspergers can bring out of someone considering i know what it is like to have obsessions and off-putting interests. However, to say aspergers is the sole reason behind someone snapping is where i draw the line. It must be co-morbidity, aspergers minced with something else creating the perfect storm for insanity. scratch

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6427
Contribution Points : 194046
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 10:16 am

Rebdoomer420 wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
This is a topic that interests me too because much like mental illness (James Holmes having schizophrenia, Dylan’s depression for example) the public at large doesn’t seem to want to lump shooters in with those people with these issues . They think it stigmatizes them even more.

However if it’s true that Adam Lanza had aspergers shouldn’t we use that as a component to study his motives?


Look, i can definitely see how aspergers could have been the culprit. I can't deny some of the things aspergers can bring out of someone considering i know what it is like to have obsessions and off-putting interests. However, to say aspergers is the sole reason behind someone snapping is where i draw the line. It must be co-morbidity, aspergers minced with something else creating the perfect storm for insanity. scratch

Oh I don’t disagree with you at all!

Saying it’s just aspergers is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 10:19 am

Adam Lanza is a piece of shit but because of the diagnoses we share , i find myself digging to figure out exactly what caused him to snap and go over the edge. It is a bit unnerving to know that i have the same issues as him. Not to mention my interest in true crime and shootings. From my experience, though, with people such as myself..most of us are very polite and just soft spoken. I don't see how my interests in these topics could carry over to me turning into a mass shooter. This is why i am so fucking confused as to why they targeted those with aspergers and gave us no insight into his personal life or any thing other than surface level mental diagnoses.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 121178
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-04

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 10:29 am

Rebdoomer420 wrote:
Look, i can definitely see how aspergers could have been the culprit. I can't deny some of the things aspergers can bring out of someone considering i know what it is like to have obsessions and off-putting interests. However, to say aspergers is the sole reason behind someone snapping is where i draw the line. It must be co-morbidity, aspergers minced with something else creating the perfect storm for insanity. scratch

To me it seems pretty obvious that Lanza had schizophrenia on top of being severely autistic. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] would argue that he only had depression, but I still think a schizophrenia diagnosis is more accurate.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 10:31 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Rebdoomer420 wrote:
Look, i can definitely see how aspergers could have been the culprit. I can't deny some of the things aspergers can bring out of someone considering i know what it is like to have obsessions and off-putting interests. However, to say aspergers is the sole reason behind someone snapping is where i draw the line. It must be co-morbidity, aspergers minced with something else creating the perfect storm for insanity. scratch

To me it seems pretty obvious that Lanza had schizophrenia on top of being severely autistic. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] would argue that he only had depression, but I still think a schizophrenia diagnosis is more accurate.



Yeah, i'd say it's pretty obvious too. I mean, didn't Adam himself mention his hallucinations on this very forum ? Maybe those don't necessarily count as "hallucinations" persay but seeing distorted faces is pretty off-putting. Who knows. I think we'll have more to go on soon, if March 1st goes how i hope. I just wanna see what he looked like closer to the date of the massacre. I cant seem to find any photos of him from recent years, at all.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 10:33 am

Looking someone in their eyes can tell alot more than people think. If we got those photos of Adam with a gun to his head then i think that could tell a hell of a lot about his mental state. Not that it takes a fucking rocket scientist to say he was bat shit insane lol

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
STK

STK


Posts : 983
Contribution Points : 73771
Forum Reputation : 330
Join date : 2017-02-10
Location : Somewhere Hot and Dry

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 2:39 pm

Rebdoomer420 wrote:
Looking someone in their eyes can tell alot more than people think. If we got those photos of Adam with a gun to his head then i think that could tell a hell of a lot about his mental state. Not that it takes a fucking rocket scientist to say he was bat shit insane lol
Hey now! Mental illness has nothing to do with a man shooting twenty children to death at point blank range before committing suicide!

_________________
"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 3:03 pm

Rebdoomer420 wrote:
Looking someone in their eyes can tell alot more than people think.

Agreed! I fully believe in the saying "Eyes are the windows to the soul". In some you would only see darkness. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6427
Contribution Points : 194046
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 3:11 pm

There was an old thread that was bumped with childhood pictures of Cho, Eric, Dylan, Adam etc..

Elliott Rodgers as a teenager just had eyes that radiated darkness.

So true.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 6:01 am

STK wrote:
Rebdoomer420 wrote:
Looking someone in their eyes can tell alot more than people think. If we got those photos of Adam with a gun to his head then i think that could tell a hell of a lot about his mental state. Not that it takes a fucking rocket scientist to say he was bat shit insane lol
Hey now! Mental illness has nothing to do with a man shooting twenty children to death at point blank range before committing suicide!




I have aspergers bud. You dont have to tell me lol.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 6:02 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Rebdoomer420 wrote:
Looking someone in their eyes can tell alot more than people think.

Agreed! I fully believe in the saying "Eyes are the windows to the soul".  In some you would only see darkness. Evil or Very Mad


Most certainly. This is why ive been itching to see a more updated picture of Adam close to his death. Would make alot of questions clear.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
STK

STK


Posts : 983
Contribution Points : 73771
Forum Reputation : 330
Join date : 2017-02-10
Location : Somewhere Hot and Dry

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 2:14 pm

Rebdoomer420 wrote:
I have aspergers bud. You dont have to tell me lol.
I was being sarcastic; Normal, happy, well adjusted people don't go out and murder other people en masse before committing suicide.

_________________
"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 3:34 pm

adam obviously had something more severe. adam even denied he had aspergers
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr


Posts : 432
Contribution Points : 70376
Forum Reputation : 145
Join date : 2016-12-03
Age : 101
Location : germany

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 9:54 pm

eldigato wrote:
adam even denied he had aspergers
most people with it would as the world isn't exactly a welcoming place for people who are different. If he was denying it to himself then he obviously didn't want a tag placed on him, but if he was denying it to other people then that is probably because people see the disorder before they see you as a person, and would probably use it against him in an argument. Also many people with asperger's usually have other disorders too, it is never only one.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 121178
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-04

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 11:02 pm

spider wrote:
most people with it would as the world isn't exactly a welcoming place for people who are different. If he was denying it to himself then he obviously didn't want a tag placed on him, but if he was denying it to other people then that is probably because people see the disorder before they see you as a person, and would probably use it against him in an argument. Also many people with asperger's usually have other disorders too, it is never only one.

IIRC he denied it largely to himself. I think this might be because he viewed a schizophrenia diagnosis as more accurate.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 10:39 am

I don't like telling people i have aspergers either. People instantly think the worst and nowadays it's even more so problematic to tell people considering people with autism keep shooting up places. I have aspergers that is comorbid with adhd and bipolar disorder. I cannot tell people that openly because everyone will start assuming lol. Wouldn't really be surprised if people in this forum assumed shit as well. I don't even speak about the subject in my life, unless it's someone like my girlfriend or a close friend. I'm fortunate enough to have been with my girlfriend for 4 years, something that most people with aspergers ever come close to accomplishing.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 10:42 am

Also, as of recent events.. i can barely express my interest in true crime because of my diagnoses. People wanna say it's creepy and shit, which is very off-putting considering alot of people are interested in these things. But because i have aspergers, it makes me a "to-be mass shooter" which is preposterous to say the least.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 10:44 am

Aspergers has gotten such a bad wrap. This bullshit stigma is the only thing that makes people with aspergers feel segregated and isolated.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 121178
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-04

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 11:27 am

Rebdoomer420 wrote:
Wouldn't really be surprised if people in this forum assumed shit as well.

As a fellow autistic person, I won't assume anything, I promise.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 11:43 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Rebdoomer420 wrote:
Wouldn't really be surprised if people in this forum assumed shit as well.

As a fellow autistic person, I won't assume anything, I promise.



I appreciate that. Shit gets hard to deal with. When you have aspergers you have intense interest in certain topics and the interest literally will not go away until you've absorbed every bit of information. It's frustrating to have to explain to people who already know of the stigma. I've never actually spoken to anyone with the same diagnoses as i have, although i have always wished i could to compare and contrast.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MalonsMilk

MalonsMilk


Posts : 46
Contribution Points : 60083
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-03

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 4:59 am

I never thought Adam has Aspergers, he seemed to have autism (yes I know aspergers is a form of autism but Adam's symptoms seemed too severe) He probably had other mental problems layered on top of autism; OCD, schizoid personality maybe even bi polar. Who knows, I'm not a doctor.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 10:57 am

MalonsMilk wrote:
I never thought Adam has Aspergers, he seemed to have autism (yes I know aspergers is a form of autism but Adam's symptoms seemed too severe) He probably had other mental problems layered on top of autism; OCD, schizoid personality maybe even bi polar. Who knows, I'm not a doctor.

i had bad ocd a while back. kinda acted like adam. also a severe autistic wouldn't be able to make a plan like him
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 1:57 pm

Asperger's makes it more difficult to relate to people in a non-literal way. Not that it contributes to homicidal or suicidal desires, but because it's harder to relate to people deeply it's easier to get lost on a path to violence when it's already a desire. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 9:54 pm

Under the right (or rather wrong) set of circumstances anyone is theoretically capable of mass murder. Humans are animals, just glorified ones wearing suits and ties, dresses ect. This fact however is not a comfortable one for many among us to acknowledge. I will say I can recall the quote from the joker in the batman movie back in 2008. "When people have nothing left to lose, they lose it." It is easy for someone to sit in their comfy chair in front of their nice computer in their McMansion and say they would never do such a thing, but from my experience most people I have met are very fickle in emotion and opinion and change whenever the wind blows with little loyalty to truth.

As far as asperger's syndrome being a factor, sure it can certainly contribute, but it is not THE defining sole trigger to create a mass murderer. Someone with asperger's syndrome can develop an obsession around mass murder, anger, and revenge ect and act on it with a very dedicated but lethal precision. I will also say that having Asperger's syndrome effectively makes you an outcast of society and a constant target of bullying and discrimination. So it would not be a shocker that if a person is more likely to be persecuted by society dis-proportionally with less of a fair shot at a decent employment opportunity then it would hardly surprise me to see less than savory results.
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere




Posts : 134
Contribution Points : 60940
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2017-12-24

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 11:22 pm

Rebdoomer420 wrote:
So, lately Aspergers seems to be a hot topic when referring to mass shooters. I was wondering what all of you have to say about it ?

This is interesting to me because i actually suffer from aspergers as well, so obviously it's kind of mind-boggling that they'd put people with aspergers in that box.

It is a hot topic for literally no other reason than the fact that aspergers/autism has a huge stigma especially related to bullying/mocking it. The funny thing is, name one school shooter besides Adam diagnosed with Aspergers. You want the official answer? It's a coincidence. He had Aspergers and was ALSO extremely fucked in the head and wanted to do what he did. That's why he did it and you don't see that kind of crime in the autistic population. That's it, done. But I know when someone does something like this, people will look at literally ANYTHING as the reason and not just a coincidence, hell theres people who genuinely think the reason Eric shot up Columbine is because he played Doom. Not everything is a causation.
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere




Posts : 134
Contribution Points : 60940
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2017-12-24

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 11:25 pm

Rebdoomer420 wrote:
So, lately Aspergers seems to be a hot topic when referring to mass shooters. I was wondering what all of you have to say about it ?

This is interesting to me because i actually suffer from aspergers as well, so obviously it's kind of mind-boggling that they'd put people with aspergers in that box.

It is a hot topic for literally no other reason than the fact that aspergers/autism has a huge stigma especially related to bullying/mocking it. The funny thing is, name one school shooter besides Adam diagnosed with Aspergers. You want the official answer? It's a coincidence. He had Aspergers and was ALSO extremely fucked in the head and wanted to do what he did. That's why he did it and you don't see that kind of crime in the autistic population. That's it, done. But I know when someone does something like this, people will look at literally ANYTHING as the reason and not just a coincidence, hell theres people who genuinely think the reason Eric shot up Columbine is because he played Doom, people who think. Not everything is a causation.
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 11:12 am

VoDKaComeHere wrote:
Rebdoomer420 wrote:
So, lately Aspergers seems to be a hot topic when referring to mass shooters. I was wondering what all of you have to say about it ?

This is interesting to me because i actually suffer from aspergers as well, so obviously it's kind of mind-boggling that they'd put people with aspergers in that box.

It is a hot topic for literally no other reason than the fact that aspergers/autism has a huge stigma especially related to bullying/mocking it. The funny thing is, name one school shooter besides Adam diagnosed with Aspergers. You want the official answer? It's a coincidence. He had Aspergers and was ALSO extremely fucked in the head and wanted to do what he did. That's why he did it and you don't see that kind of crime in the autistic population. That's it, done. But I know when someone does something like this, people will look at literally ANYTHING as the reason and not just a coincidence, hell theres people who genuinely think the reason Eric shot up Columbine is because he played Doom, people who think. Not everything is a causation.




I hate to disagree or come off as argumentative.. but i myself have Aspergers and i can tell you that if you became obsessed with violence due to your condition, the ability to get rid of that obsession would be truly difficult. I sometimes have obsessions that i cannot control and i will skewer the internet until i can no longer find new info. I personally believe that Adams condition played a huge roll in his actions and had his parents gave him the proper love an AS child needs.. this would not have happened.  One with Aspergers can get sucked into the dark side of life very very quickly .. if i dont force myself out of my house, i'll stay here for months. Adam Lanza needed unconditional love from his parents, not a weapon safe full of semi automatic weapons.  If you have a child with AS, please take the right actions to make sure they are okay later in life. All it takes is one obsession to bring them into a darker head space and the tumblers line up for a massacre such as this.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 121178
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-04

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 11:33 am

VoDKaComeHere wrote:
name one school shooter besides Adam diagnosed with Aspergers

Elliot Roger, Chris Harper-Mercer, Nick Cruz, off the top of my head.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 11:59 am

QuestionMark wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:
name one school shooter besides Adam diagnosed with Aspergers

Elliot Roger, Chris Harper-Mercer, Nick Cruz, off the top of my head.


Martin Bryant as well.
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 12:02 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:
name one school shooter besides Adam diagnosed with Aspergers

Elliot Roger, Chris Harper-Mercer, Nick Cruz, off the top of my head.


It's not just a coincidence. Not saying that people with AS should be a target for evaluations or something along those lines, but it's definitely a big contributing factor to these events. Saying otherwise is ridiculous, all of these people were obsessed with violence and that is definitely due to their condition.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 12:06 pm

Although there is no evidence to suggest, it is possible that Michael Ryan has AS?
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere




Posts : 134
Contribution Points : 60940
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2017-12-24

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 4:43 pm

Rebdoomer420 wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:
name one school shooter besides Adam diagnosed with Aspergers

Elliot Roger, Chris Harper-Mercer, Nick Cruz, off the top of my head.


It's not just a coincidence. Not saying that people with AS should be a target for evaluations or something along those lines, but it's definitely a big contributing factor to these events. Saying otherwise is ridiculous, all of these people were obsessed with violence and that is definitely due to their condition.  
You literally just said "so obviously it's kind of mind-boggling that they'd put people with aspergers in that box."
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 3:54 pm

VoDKaComeHere wrote:
Rebdoomer420 wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:
name one school shooter besides Adam diagnosed with Aspergers

Elliot Roger, Chris Harper-Mercer, Nick Cruz, off the top of my head.


It's not just a coincidence. Not saying that people with AS should be a target for evaluations or something along those lines, but it's definitely a big contributing factor to these events. Saying otherwise is ridiculous, all of these people were obsessed with violence and that is definitely due to their condition.  
You literally just said "so obviously it's kind of mind-boggling that they'd put people with aspergers in that box."



As an individual with AS, no , i don't think we should be put in a box and i never took that statement back if you read what i said correctly. I said that aspergers, in these cases, was the main contributing factor. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that it caused it, after all the hours of research i've done. Whether they were obsessed with violence or they were obsessed with being rejected by woman.. it was almost certainly the Aspergers in their personality that drove them to do what they did.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 3:56 pm

Aspergers feels maddening sometimes, to me.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere




Posts : 134
Contribution Points : 60940
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2017-12-24

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 5:42 pm

Rebdoomer420 wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:
Rebdoomer420 wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:
name one school shooter besides Adam diagnosed with Aspergers

Elliot Roger, Chris Harper-Mercer, Nick Cruz, off the top of my head.


It's not just a coincidence. Not saying that people with AS should be a target for evaluations or something along those lines, but it's definitely a big contributing factor to these events. Saying otherwise is ridiculous, all of these people were obsessed with violence and that is definitely due to their condition.  
You literally just said "so obviously it's kind of mind-boggling that they'd put people with aspergers in that box."



As an individual with AS, no , i don't think we should be put in a box and i never took that statement back if you read what i said correctly.  I said that aspergers, in these cases, was the main contributing factor. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that it caused it, after all the hours of research i've done. Whether they were obsessed with violence or they were obsessed with being rejected by woman.. it was almost certainly the Aspergers in their personality that drove them to  do what they did.

Actually, when Adam Lanza's Aspergers diagnosis first came out, the experts came out to say that their is no link and autism spectrum disorders is not associated with committing mass shooting. This is just one of many... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"One of the most important things I want people to know is that autism did not cause this,” says Lisa Goring, vice president of family services for Autism Speaks. “By definition, people with autism are not inclined to perform planned acts of violence. A person with autism can have other conditions too, including mental illness, but this did not happen because of autism.”
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 5:49 pm

You're not understanding what i'm saying. What i'm saying is that ALL of these people were OBSESSED WITH VIOLENCE. Being OBSESSIVE is a aspergers trait..  

Logic says that if they all have aspergers and they are all obsessed with violence.. Aspergers caused them to end up commiting a violent act.

Without the obsessions with violence, these acts would not have happened.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 5:57 pm

For these few select cases, IMO, aspergers was the main contributing factor to the end result.

Having AS doesnt mean you'll commit a violent act, but if you have aspergers and become entangled in violent culture and take it a bit too far.. Yeah, that's a recipe for disaster. The perfect mental storm.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere




Posts : 134
Contribution Points : 60940
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2017-12-24

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 5:59 pm

No, It's YOU who's not understanding...I'll repeat....
"One of the most important things I want people to know is that autism did not cause this,” says Lisa Goring, vice president of family services for Autism Speaks. “By definition, people with autism are not inclined to perform planned acts of violence. A person with autism can have other conditions too, including mental illness, but this did not happen because of autism.”
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 6:02 pm

VoDKaComeHere wrote:
No, It's YOU who's not understanding...I'll repeat....
"One of the most important things I want people to know is that autism did not cause this,” says Lisa Goring, vice president of family services for Autism Speaks. “By definition, people with autism are not inclined to perform planned acts of violence. A person with autism can have other conditions too, including mental illness, but this did not happen because of autism.”



Trust me, i understand what you're trying to get across lol. I'm disregarding it because i've done more than enough of my homework to know what i'm talking about. I have aspergers and IF YOU HAVE IT AND BECOME OBSESSED WITH VIOLENCE..YOUR CONDITION CAUSED YOUR ACTIONS. It's very cut and dry my friend, if any of these people hadn't become obsessed with violence.. the shootings wouldn't have happened. If they didnt have aspergers, they wouldn't have done what they did.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 6:04 pm

The obsession with violence is what causes these things to happen in AS people. That mixed with any other trauma or mental illness. BUT the obsession is what started it and planted the seeds in their minds.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 6:07 pm

Adams obsessive need to research violence and make spreadsheets is what i'm referring to. That is most certainly something he did because of his unusually potent interest and obsession with violence. In Adams case, there is not a single doubt in my mind that his reclusive nature and obsessive personality is what drove him to the edge. You can try to argue this with me but in my mind, i know this for a fact and you are wasting your time and energy by arguing this with me.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 6:12 pm

Only AS people with interests/obsessions with violence are more prone to commit violent acts.


That is my point.

Not that AS people are violent in general.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MalonsMilk

MalonsMilk


Posts : 46
Contribution Points : 60083
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-03

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 1:56 pm

Rebdoomer420 wrote:
Only AS people with interests/obsessions with violence are more prone to commit violent acts.


That is my point.

Not that AS people are violent in general.

I have to agree with you, I work with people with autism and when they get obsessed with things, trust me it actually gets really boring really fast as thats all they will think about. Space, trains and South Park are just a few of the obsessions I have had to sit through and listen to lectures on. LOL. Its kind of funny. However, if an autistic person were to suddenly fixate on mass murderers thats when you need to worry, as Rebdoomer420 pointed out, the obsession takes a hold and gets magnified in their mind.

Adam's diagnosis certainly had something to do with his shooting, the crazy spreadsheet is a massive red flag of his deep fixation.

Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 6:51 pm

MalonsMilk wrote:
Rebdoomer420 wrote:
Only AS people with interests/obsessions with violence are more prone to commit violent acts.


That is my point.

Not that AS people are violent in general.

I have to agree with you, I work with people with autism and when they get obsessed with things, trust me it actually gets really boring really fast as thats all they will think about. Space, trains and South Park are just a few of the obsessions I have had to sit through and listen to lectures on. LOL. Its kind of funny. However, if an autistic person were to suddenly fixate on mass murderers thats when you need to worry, as Rebdoomer420 pointed out, the obsession takes a hold and gets magnified in their mind.

Adam's diagnosis certainly had something to do with his shooting, the crazy spreadsheet is a massive red flag of his deep fixation.



Thank you so much lol. YES, my point EXACTLY. cheers cheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pess1mist




Posts : 81
Contribution Points : 58390
Forum Reputation : 15
Join date : 2018-01-14

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 9:51 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Elliot Roger, Chris Harper-Mercer, Nick Cruz, off the top of my head.

Just to add to this list based on personal opinion and observation, I think that it's likely Randy Stair had high-functioning aspergers
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 11:42 pm

guiz ban the assault video games

jkjk

aspergers shooters usually have another mental illness that makes them angry and violent and upset and/or depressed because of lack of friends and socialization and awkwardness
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer420

Rebdoomer420


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 57180
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-25
Location : Michigan

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 6:45 pm

pess1mist wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Elliot Roger, Chris Harper-Mercer, Nick Cruz, off the top of my head.

Just to add to this list based on personal opinion and observation, I think that it's likely Randy Stair had high-functioning aspergers


Damn, i actually forgot to mention him as well. After watching his videos and "manifesto", yeah it'd definitely seem like he had AS.

He displayed almost every single trait so yeah, i'd almost assume he did.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Chaos beckons..reality is unwoven" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kathericat




Posts : 51
Contribution Points : 55916
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-04-28

Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 2:14 pm

I myself have Aspergers Syndrome, although the term the doctor diagnosed me with was "High Functioning Autism".

Aspergers Syndrome doesn't have much of anything to do with violence, although thankfully everyone's pointed this out already.

Some special interests - like the one Adam Lanza had - are unhealthy. Yes, it is normal for people who have special interests to spend a lot of time gathering information about the interest, but if they're getting more and more depressed and angry and the special interest is something harmful (guns, poisons, knifes or the like) that is when people should act.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.    Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Adam Lanza and Aspergers Syndrome.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Why did Adam deny having Aspergers?
» Where to find Nancy Lanza's notes about Adam Lanza?
» Possible new pic of Adam Lanza?
» What do you think Adam Lanza did in a day?
» Adam Lanza on SBB

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting-
Jump to: