Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan

Go down 
+7
Draw_It_White
QuestionMark
Lunkhead McGrath
Justjenna
Sane One
Screamingophelia
EthanEmerson
11 posters
AuthorMessage
EthanEmerson
Banned

Contribution Points : 81309
Forum Reputation : 475

Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Empty
PostSubject: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 1:09 pm

What would have prevented Columbine from happening? What would Dylan and Eric say today?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If I could go back in time, what would I say to Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Note: the second link has now been updated to the new video.

There will be more audios to come. He'll be digging deeper as more audios are created. You don't want to miss the deeper aspects of his story, it's not like anyone else's.

He's also going to be publishing more writing about his experiences with Dylan that dig deeper as well. Definitely subscribe to his channel!

Chad's voice is one to listen to, not just because he knew Dylan, but because he's addressing an issue faced by many people in the world today, not just people who want to kill, and not just those who end up pulling the trigger on themselves or others.

Chad isn't just a "friend of Dylan's" - he's someone who sees beyond the illusion that traps so many people, and he's also a healer. He's been a friend of mine for over a decade, not online but in person, and I can vouch for his intentions, knowledge, abilities, and the depth of his content.

Not that anyone should take my word for it, but as someone who has seen plenty of stories come and go, I can say with certainty that Chad's story isn't a rehash of the same old... and there's much to learn from what he has to share...

:)

Last edited by EthanEmerson on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated link)
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 1:36 pm

I’m extremely excited about this. Good on Chad.

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 2:26 pm

Will definitely be watching these.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 1:55 pm

Has anyone else watched?

I would love to know what everyone thinks?

Also I now have the theory that Chad is the one who wrote "You died a year ago and no one noticed" on Eric's cross.

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 2:03 pm

We discussed this, and I still think you should ask him if he did write that! Also what prompted him to word it in such a way if he did.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 2:08 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
We discussed this, and I still think you should ask him if he did write that! Also what prompted him to word it in such a way if he did.

I have not heard back from him BUT I'm hoping soon Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I have not heard back from him BUT I'm hoping soon Smile

Keep me posted! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Justjenna

Contribution Points : 66365
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 6:01 am

I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 6:18 am

Justjenna wrote:
I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention.

As am I

I would love to talk to people about Chads videos

He knew Dylan since childhood and seemed to have a great rapport with Eric. He’s also one of the lone people who witnessed the bullying and harassment towards them:

I’m not sure how e and d back then wound have responded to these suggestions or Chad massaging one of their shoulders but he has some fantastic views.
Back to top Go down
Justjenna

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 4:51 pm

I think maybe it hasn't gotten attention because the title of this thread doesn't indicate who Chad Laughlin is. He's not a well known figure in the Columbine research community despite his connection to Dylan. If the title were edited to indicate who he is, he might get views on his videos and we might get a conversation going in this topic. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is it possible to edit the title of this thread?
Back to top Go down
Sane One

Contribution Points : 84098
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 7:07 pm

You guys do know he pretty much agrees with Cullen on most things and he absolutely thinks Dylan followed Eric.
Back to top Go down
Justjenna

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 11:34 pm

His opinion is still relevant and he knew Dylan - we didn't.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 4:24 am

Sane One wrote:
You guys do know he pretty much agrees with Cullen on most things and he absolutely thinks Dylan followed Eric.

I didn't realize that. Though it was a glaring assumption on my part. I assume since Chad believed in the bullying (while Cullen denies it) and didn't talk about Eric being this psychopath who got all the ladies he didn't buy into it...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 4:42 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Sane One wrote:

I didn't realize that. Though it was a glaring assumption on my part. I assume since Chad believed in the bullying (while Cullen denies it) and didn't talk about Eric being this psychopath who got all the ladies he didn't buy into it...

Grill him on just how much of Cullen's shit he believes! Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 4:48 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Sane One wrote:

Will do because the amount of people in Littleton that believe in Cullen is a bit disturbing.... VERY disturbing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 4:49 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Sane One wrote:

Will do because the amount of people in Littleton that believe in Cullen is a bit disturbing.... VERY disturbing.

While you are there set some shit straight! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 5:12 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Sane One wrote:

While you are there set some shit straight! Twisted Evil

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I shall.

There are just so many inaccuracies in the book and if someone actually knew Eric and Dylan you would think they would take the book with a huge piece of rock salt....

For me, anything about the book that may be good or inaccurate is overshadowed by the things he got wrong. If you have researched the case for 10 years HOW could you miss number 1, Brenda.... and number 2, there were TONS of things about bullying in the 11k.

It is true that at first the media said Eric and Dylan were friendless goths, and we know they weren't. However, one CAN be bullied or be ostracized and still have friends or people who think you're nice or smart etc.. they are kids, they're not completely aware of how to deal with stuff. I don't think it was the sole reason for the shootings, but when people say since Eric and Dylan never complained about it, doesn't mean anything. A lot of kids don't speak out. A lot of adults who are abused don't speak out... it annoys me when people who didn't know them but went to school say they weren't bullied, you didn't know them so you have no idea. Their actual friends said there was a toxic school environment so I tend to listen to them...
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75386
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:02 pm

"Dylan had the idea for NBK before Eric" does not prove that "Dylan was not a follower"--he was certainly less riled up to do it than Eric--any more than "Eric was more agressive/riled up to do it than Dylan" proves "Eric made Dylan do it." Both the former statement as well as the latter can be inaccurate.

What does all of this really prove, in the end? What does it matter which one of the two of them was "worse," really? They both killed people. Dyldo's romantic side and prom date and other pretty things didn't make him do the right thing and rat Eric out, and the scraps of "niceness" you people have been able to barely dig up to make Eric (Ooo, he was nice to ANIMALS! Just like Tony Soprano!) look like a human being sure as HELL didn't stop him from doing it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:42 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
"Dylan had the idea for NBK before Eric" does not prove that "Dylan was not a follower"--he was certainly less riled up to do it than Eric--any more than "Eric was more agressive/riled up to do it than Dylan" proves "Eric made Dylan do it."  Both the former statement as well as the latter can be inaccurate.  

What does all of this really prove, in the end?  What does it matter which one of the two of them was "worse," really?  They both killed people.  Dyldo's romantic side and prom date and other pretty things didn't make him do the right thing and rat Eric out, and the scraps of "niceness" you people have been able to barely dig up to make Eric (Ooo, he was nice to ANIMALS!  Just like Tony Soprano!) look like a human being sure as HELL didn't stop him from doing it.  

At the end of the day it still all comes down to one thing, they followed through with the plan. They went to the school in hopes of killing a huge number of people. At any moment either could have backed out, or told on the other, etc. Yet neither did. Who lead and who followed is a small issue at best. But it is one that people still speculate over.

You are right, what little bits of normal things they did is well overshadowed by the last thing they chose to do in this life. As I have said before I can feel sympathy for the lonely, pissed off kids they were, up until they walked into that school and set down something that they prayed would kill hundreds of innocent people. After that my sympathy ends. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 3:33 pm

I was at the memorial this year at 11:18 on April 20 and I thought at that time- this is the second I empathy for them ends

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 4:32 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
At the end of the day it still all comes down to one thing, they followed through with the plan. They went to the school in hopes of killing a huge number of people. At any moment either could have backed out, or told on the other, etc. Yet neither did. Who lead and who followed is a small issue at best. But it is one that people still speculate over. 

Some people like to get lost in the small details and it causes them to lose sight of the bigger picture.

Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97168
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 12:57 am

Did anyone else struggle listening to these? He seems to speak 3 words then take a massive pause.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 63089

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 3:23 am

To tell them "there's a way" wouldn't have changed anything.

The death and rebirth thing is very interesting and something I have been thinking alot about myself.
They were very stubborn to define themselves after what they felt emotionally and to rationalize it after that. The fact that the adolescent time is when you define who you are in a social context probably played a large part in how they could convince themselves that what they were feeling was an expression of their true nature and from who they deeply were.

They could not separate their feelings from their personality and with therapy they could've learned to.

I've had experiences in therapy where I just randomly start crying and I can't stop and it really made me realize how my emotions are a part of an unconscious process and that it can't be ackowledged as a part of my personality since I have no control over it. The only thing defining me as a person is how I deal with those emotions.

nierenquetsche likes this post

Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 63089

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 3:27 am

And I mean that I was literally hit by my own emotions as if they were and external force which made me realize that they very much are an internal force that is out of my control completely.

If there's something I could've done it's to give them that experience because it really opened my eyes and changed how I view my own emotions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 4:06 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
Did anyone else struggle listening to these? He seems to speak 3 words then take a massive pause.

I tried to listen to them a few times, but they just couldn't hold my attention.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 4:14 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:

I tried to listen to them a few times, but they just couldn't hold my attention.

I think he was trying to sound meditative. Zen and what not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 5:11 am

Draw_It_White wrote:

Yes, honestly I felt like biting a wall and punching the monitor. Couldn't last for more than a minute.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:10 am

His pauses during one part made it sound like Eric and Dylan were promiscuous.

It was like “all the alcohol... and that stuff will kill you, the violent images and all the sex..... ual images they saw.”

spinvault

Contribution Points : 72578

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:48 pm

I have tried to listen to him but he put me to sleep. I was really looking forward to listening to him especially since he knew Dylan and Eric personally, but he was so boring. Reminded me of a boring philosophy lecture class I had to sit through in college. Glad others found him boring, I thought I was the only one to have trouble sitting through it. Also, maybe a picture or two might have helped as the same Columbine flower stayed on the screen throughout.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 4:33 am

spinvault wrote:
I have tried to listen to him but he put me to sleep. I was really looking forward to listening to him especially since he knew Dylan and Eric personally, but he was so boring. Reminded me of a boring philosophy lecture class I had to sit through in college. Glad others found him boring, I thought I was the only one to have trouble sitting through it. Also, maybe a picture or two might have helped as the same Columbine flower stayed on the screen throughout.

Agreed. If there had been something to watch, like a picture slide show, the videos of them, etc. Just anything to go along with the voice, I might have been able to stick with it till the end.
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 68826
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 4:12 pm

His video titles are misleading, he doesn't really get to the point of what he would tell them if they were here today. He seems to just be yapping about replacing medication with meditation and being in touch with mother earth to cleanse yourself of any problems.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 5:06 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
spinvault wrote:

Agreed. If there had been something to watch, like a picture slide show, the videos of them, etc. Just anything to go along with the voice, I might have been able to stick with it till the end.

Chad has to know in order to increase views he just needs to give some new pictures of e and d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 4:09 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
spinvault wrote:

Chad has to know in order to increase views he just  needs to give some new pictures of e and d

Well just about anything visual wise would have probably helped. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 4:11 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
spinvault wrote:

Chad has to know in order to increase views he just  needs to give some new pictures of e and d

Well just about anything visual wise would have probably helped. Very Happy  

True Smile
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

Contribution Points : 81309
Forum Reputation : 475

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 1:52 am

I don't think he's ready to share. I think he thought he was, but not yet. He is working on some articles, but I have a feeling he's going to hold onto them for a while. He's holding back... give him some space and some time and how he shares will evolve!
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78103
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 12:17 pm

[quote="EthanEmerson"]I don't think he's ready to share. I think he thought he was, but not yet. He is working on some articles, but I have a feeling he's going to hold onto them for a while. He's holding back... give him some space and some time and how he shares will evolve![/quote

He did a few interviews for Westworld. I believe that theres too much trauma around such attacks.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan   Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chad Laughlin launched his YouTube series about Columbine and Dylan
Page 1 of 1