Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis

Go down 
+3
Justjenna
Screamingophelia
42099_4EVA
7 posters
AuthorMessage
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

Contribution Points : 65885
Forum Reputation : 28

I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Empty
PostSubject: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 12:52 pm

If Eric and Dylan were still alive, I wonder what they would think of the current immigration crisis and immigrant children being in detention centers? Would Eric be for it and Dylan be against it? Or Vice versa or would both be against it?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi! I was just thinking about you the other day welcome back

Well to be honest most people think Eric would be a Trump supporter. If he calmed down a little bit he may not really care one way or another or he might just want stricter borders. He most assuredly would be a Republican and pro-gun anc anti PC. Or maybe he would’ve done a 180 and became peaceloving vegan pansexual.

Dylan is tricky... Dylan is tricky because I think he would be an independent or wouldn’t care. Though there was an interview with someone who said that he was talking about a crisis, I think it was the Bosnian? Dylan said why do we care about people not in our own country?

42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 1:24 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Hi! I was just thinking about you the other day welcome back

Well to be honest most people think Eric would be a Trump supporter. If he calmed down a little bit he may not really care one way or another or he might just want stricter borders. He most assuredly would be a Republican and pro-gun anc anti PC. Or maybe he would’ve done a 180 and became peaceloving vegan pansexual.

Dylan is tricky...  Dylan is tricky because I think he would be an independent or wouldn’t care. Though there was an interview with someone who said that he was talking about a crisis, I think it was the Bosnian? Dylan  said why do we care about people not in our own country?

Hi, thanks for thinking of me, that's so sweet! Cool I've been busy writing my first novel (hooray!) Anyway, wow, yeah I was just watching the news this morning, after coming home from work and I saw the news coverage about immigration and I thought, "Eric would be like - "send them f*****g assholes back" and I thought Dylan would have a heart for the immigrant children, because he seemed like the sensitive, softer one, but it would be interesting to know what they thought about it though, especially since Eric came from a military background.
Back to top Go down
Justjenna

Contribution Points : 67115
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 1:26 pm

Dylan's parents were fairly liberal so in his "right mind" he might have inherited their politics. Kids do that a lot. We will never really know, though. As far as Dylan being the softer more sensitive one... that is Cullen rubbish.
Back to top Go down
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Justjenna wrote:
Dylan's parents were fairly liberal so in his "right mind" he might have inherited their politics. Kids do that a lot. We will never really know, though. As far as Dylan being the softer more sensitive one... that is Cullen rubbish.

No I didn't mean sensitive the way crazy Cullen meant it. I mean, Dylan was all about singing for the sake of singing and dancing and stuff, according to Eric, lol; And Dylan seemed to be more in touch with his feelings, where as Eric seemed to be a hard-ass, a bad ass in his own right. He seemed to not be all about all of that feelings type of stuff. So that's what I meant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:05 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
. Or maybe he would’ve done a 180 and became peaceloving vegan pansexual.

Somehow I just doubt last part. Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:09 pm

42099_4EVA wrote:
Justjenna wrote:

No I didn't mean sensitive the way crazy Cullen meant it. I mean, Dylan was all about singing for the sake of singing and dancing and stuff, according to Eric, lol; And Dylan seemed to be more in touch with his feelings, where as Eric seemed to be a hard-ass, a bad ass in his own right. He seemed to not be all about all of that feelings type of stuff. So that's what I meant.

In a lot of the videos Dylan was always humming or snapping to a tune. And according to Devon he really was into music and just letting the music overtake. Dylan did genuinely care about his friends especially when they got hurt but so did Eric as we know
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:10 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I don’t know my friend. What if it was some hot chick with long legs asking if he wanted some barbecue tofu?

lol!
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83282
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:22 pm

42099_4EVA wrote:
Justjenna wrote:
There are (at least) two types of "sensitive" people, in my opinion.

Some are "sensitive" in that they feel deeply and are very aware of their own emotions but are also highly empathic, quickly picking up on how their behavior affects others and adjusting accordingly because other people's feelings matter to them almost as much as their own. These are probably the "givers" in society. They can't bear to leave someone out in the cold because they easily feel what others feel.

Others are also emotionally sensitive in that they are deeply affected by what they experience but they are very low on empathy at the same time. This type seems more likely to be histrionic and I think brooding artists (and the majority of teenagers, to be quite honest) tend to fit this stereotype of "sensitivity" fairly well because they want to express what they are feeling but they may not be as concerned with how others feel.

Both types are very emotional, take things to heart and are guided by their feelings more than anything else but there are major differences in how they relate to others. You can be "sensitive" and into "all of that feelings type of stuff" Very Happy without caring about other people at all.

I don't know who Dylan really was but he didn't seem to care very much about other people's feelings based on his words and behavior, even before he harmed anyone physically. I can't say it was a deeply ingrained personality trait because depressed people and teenagers can struggle with empathy for different reasons and Dylan was both. We can't predict how either one of them would have behaved as adults because people (hopefully) change as they enter adulthood.
Back to top Go down
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:26 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
42099_4EVA wrote:
Justjenna wrote:

In a lot of the videos Dylan was always humming or snapping  to  a tune. And according to Devon he really was into music and just letting the music overtake. Dylan did genuinely care about his friends especially when they got hurt but so did Eric as we know

Wow, I never knew that about Dylan, and yeah, I'm sure both Eric and Dylan genuinely cared about their friends. I'm sure Eric had a soft, sensitive side to life too, but he just seemed to never express or show it a lot.
Back to top Go down
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:28 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I don’t know my friend. What if it was some hot chick with long legs asking if he wanted some barbecue tofu?

lol!

Razz

Last edited by 42099_4EVA on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:34 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

lol!

I was actually referring to the pansexual part! Roll
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:37 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

lol!

Oh yes Eric Harris was a 0 on the Kinsey scale! He was an arrow. He was so straight. That’s why am chance YouTube video when he had mentioned he might start rubbing Eric’s shoulders I was like I don’t think Eric would like that dude ...

There’s been a different write ups about Dylan saying that he really craved touch so I don’t think he’d mind too much of it was in private
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:39 pm

sscc wrote:
42099_4EVA wrote:
Justjenna wrote:

Some are "sensitive" in that they feel deeply and are very aware of their own emotions but are also highly empathic, quickly picking up on how their behavior affects others and adjusting accordingly because other people's feelings matter to them almost as much as their own. These are probably the "givers" in society. They can't bear to leave someone out in the cold because they easily feel what others feel.

Others are also emotionally sensitive in that they are deeply affected by what they experience but they are very low on empathy at the same time. This type seems more likely to be histrionic and I think brooding artists (and the majority of teenagers, to be quite honest) tend to fit this stereotype of "sensitivity" fairly well because they want to express what they are feeling but they may not be as concerned with how others feel.

Both types are very emotional, take things to heart and are guided by their feelings more than anything else but there are major differences in how they relate to others. You can be "sensitive" and into "all of that feelings type of stuff" Very Happy without caring about other people at all.

I don't know who Dylan really was but he didn't seem to care very much about other people's feelings based on his words and behavior, even before he harmed anyone physically. I can't say it was a deeply ingrained personality trait because depressed people and teenagers can struggle with empathy for different reasons and Dylan was both. We can't predict how either one of them would have behaved as adults because people (hopefully) change as they enter adulthood.

You have very good points there. I am only going by a few of the stories that Devon told about Dylan. Also stories from his mom. Also I have read that in the blackjack video someone said it look like he was saying if he said that to you then he’s an asshole.
Back to top Go down
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 3:04 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

lol!

Oh yes Eric Harris was a 0 on the Kinsey scale! He was an arrow. He was so straight.  That’s why am chance YouTube video when he had mentioned he might start rubbing Eric’s shoulders I was like I don’t think Eric would like that dude ...

There’s been a different write  ups about Dylan saying that he really craved touch so I don’t think he’d mind too much of it was in private

Wow, you mean, in private, Dylan might have been the type who would've been open to actually having a sexual encounter with another guy?
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 63839
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 3:24 pm

Wasn't Devon bisexual? That could be a reason why Dylan was more openminded
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 3:26 pm

42099_4EVA wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

lol!

Oh yes Eric Harris was a 0 on the Kinsey scale! He was an arrow. He was so straight.  That’s why am chance YouTube video when he had mentioned he might start rubbing Eric’s shoulders I was like I don’t think Eric would like that dude ...

There’s been a different write  ups about Dylan saying that he really craved touch so I don’t think he’d mind too much of it was in private

Wow, you mean, in private, Dylan might have been the type who would've been open to actually having a sexual encounter with another guy?

No. Maybe it’s the theater kid in me but my one guy friend who is very straight used to give back massages to everyone including guys. He was so good at it we all started paying him for them. Especially around auditions!

I don’t think he Would’ve liked that done in public but I don’t think he would shunned a quick hug from a male or female friend

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 3:28 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
Wasn't Devon bisexual? That could be a reason why Dylan was more openminded

Yes Devon is bisexual
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 63839
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 3:34 pm

Dylan was wearing the communist pin during the shooting that his uncle had given him. Do you guys think that has any correlation with his political views? Why did he choose to wear it?
Back to top Go down
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 3:38 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
42099_4EVA wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

lol!

No. Maybe it’s the theater kid in me but my one guy friend who is very straight used to give back massages to everyone including guys. He was so good at it we all started paying him for them. Especially  around auditions!

I don’t think he Would’ve liked that done in public but I don’t think he would shunned  a quick hug from a male or female friend

Ohhh I see now, ok...cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 4:45 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
Dylan was wearing the communist pin during the shooting that his uncle had given him. Do you guys think that has any correlation with his political views? Why did he choose to wear it?

I honestly think he wore it because he thought it was neat looking.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70323
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 4:50 pm

Odd question IMO. Who really knows? I can see Eric being Pro-Trump and Dylan possibly being a-political.

However this is based on them being 18/17 when they didn't have any sort of world view other than it sucked (The Nazi stuff was just them being edgy). We're also talking about almost 20 years of world experience that could have shaped and changed their views.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 4:52 pm

sscc wrote:
42099_4EVA wrote:
Justjenna wrote:

I'm disturbed by how much the underlined portion describes myself.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 5:10 pm

munchkinphone wrote:

After the last shooting happened the one where the guy clearly was imitating columbine, a news station interviewed Sue and asked about the pin and Sue said it was a gift to Dylan from their friend who went to Russia
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 5:29 pm

W.A.R. wrote:
Odd question IMO. Who really knows? I can see Eric being Pro-Trump and Dylan possibly being a-political.

However this is based on them being 18/17 when they didn't have any sort of world view other than it sucked (The Nazi stuff was just them being edgy). We're also talking about almost 20 years of world experience that could have shaped and changed their views.

I agree. I think 17/18-year-old Eric would have been against immigration, based on what he wrote about blacks for example (when he wrote they should go back to Africa). But it is two different times and two different America, we cannot really compare. They didn't even know 9/11! It is also very likely that if they had become adults they would have changed. Their last years were influenced by their negative feelings, anger, sadness, powerlessness, loneliness... People who feel that tends to have more extreme political views.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis   I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I wonder what Eric & Dylan would think about the current immigration crisis
Page 1 of 1