Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric was Megalomaniac?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Uranus15

Uranus15

Contribution Points : 60262
Forum Reputation : 0

Eric was Megalomaniac? Empty
PostSubject: Eric was Megalomaniac?   Eric was Megalomaniac? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 7:50 pm

For you, was Eric could have Megalomania? He had several fantasies of power and relevance, said that "he felt like a God and that everyone was OFFICIALLY below him." Of course, I know there are people who believe that Eric's diary is "fake" (Although there is no "proof" of it), but I also know there are a number of contradictions in his diary (Eric's first "topic" in his diary that in the world there is no "originality for nothing." For those who do not remember, he says: "Anyone who says they are not imitators and then to wear different clothes and different to do ... they have yet seen on TV or in a movie or in everyday
life No originality. How JO MOM jokes are not there and how many of you think are original and not imitated. KEINE (None - Ger) ", being that much of his writings are" paraphrases "of quotes in films and etc ...
Ex: Eric Quotes Natural Born Killers when he writes: "How dare you think that and you belong to the same species" - much the same says many killer Mickey Knox in the film against the presenter of a crime show, just before he kills him
I know there is little evidence for each statement, but it is very likely that you know how Eric's diary works. The real question is whether you believe it was Megalomaniac or not, simple kkk
Thank you who to respond!

thelmar

Contribution Points : 83307
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Eric was Megalomaniac?   Eric was Megalomaniac? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 11:47 pm

I don't think he was a megalomaniac. Another term for this is delusions of grandeur and according to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders this means that the patient has "grossly exaggerated beliefs of self-worth, power, knowledge, identity, or exceptional relationship to a divinity or famous person".
These are described as "fantastical" beliefs, like, way over the top beliefs.

1. Self worth- In my opinion, Eric's self-worth was in the toilet so that's strike one.

2. Power- He craved power but he knew he didn't have ("maybe you should have listened to me more, given me more respect")

3. Knowledge- He writes about how he knows more than other people but it doesn't seem as over the top as would be required of a person with delusions of grandeur.

4. Identity- this one would mean that he thinks that he is somebody, like a famous musician, actor, or God. While he refers to himself as a god often, his expressions of low self esteem show he doesn't really believe he is one.

5. Exceptional relationship to a divinity or famous person- there's no indicate he believed either of these things.
Back to top Go down
nukethemnoobs

Contribution Points : 66277
Forum Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Eric was Megalomaniac?   Eric was Megalomaniac? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2018 11:01 am

Nah he was so fucking godlike.
Back to top Go down
TheBigLebowski

Contribution Points : 53360

PostSubject: Re: Eric was Megalomaniac?   Eric was Megalomaniac? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 4:24 pm

I have a question about Eric. I have been searching the net for some answers, but it isnt that clear to me.
Most say (also official reports) that he was a psychopath, but it is said that;

A) for that diagnose you have to be older (like 25) and
B) psychopaths dont kill themselves

Also the AD he was taking couldve (just like James case) triggered his behaviour, no?

Thanks for any reply.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Eric was Megalomaniac?   Eric was Megalomaniac? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 6:05 pm

TheBigLebowski wrote:
I have a question about Eric. I have been searching the net for some answers, but it isnt that clear to me.
Most say (also official reports) that he was a psychopath, but it is said that;

A) for that diagnose you have to be older (like 25) and
B) psychopaths dont kill themselves

Who says this, exactly?

TheBigLebowski

PostSubject: Re: Eric was Megalomaniac?   Eric was Megalomaniac? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2018 4:26 am

Hi QuestionMark. I have the link to the site where they discuss his psychological state, but because I am a new member I cannot post the link (yet). PM isnt possible either atm lol.

You can try to visit quora.com/Was-Eric-Harris-a-psychopath-1
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Eric was Megalomaniac?   Eric was Megalomaniac? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2018 10:31 am

TheBigLebowski wrote:
Hi QuestionMark. I have the link to the site where they discuss his psychological state, but because I am a new member I cannot post the link (yet). PM isnt possible either atm lol.

You can try to visit quora.com/Was-Eric-Harris-a-psychopath-1

I see.

I personally don't agree with what's presented in the link you shared. Currently there aren't any agreed upon subtypes when it comes to ASPD, so saying "this kind of person with ASPD won't do this or will do this" is just a bit absurd to claim considering that not everything is known.

TheBigLebowski

PostSubject: Re: Eric was Megalomaniac?   Eric was Megalomaniac? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2018 11:43 am

Thanks, yeah they even dont agree on that forum, so it is not black & white.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric was Megalomaniac?   Eric was Megalomaniac? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric was Megalomaniac?
Page 1 of 1