Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Was Columbine a backwards school?

Go down 
+2
Screamingophelia
bradt93
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bradt93

Contribution Points : 90306
Forum Reputation : 255

Was Columbine a backwards school? Empty
PostSubject: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 4:15 am

Was Columbine not an accepting for anyone who looked and acted different from the rest of the students? From what I read about it, it sounded like it. I think if Eric and Dylan went to a more urban school, they would've had an easier time. It sounded like Columbine was really redneck. I said this before, Wayne didn't do his son any favors by moving from Michigan to Colorado, it seemed like Eric was happy there and Dylan I don't know. I think Sue could've found another school for him and the same for Eric. I mean isn't their urban schools in Colorado that would've probably more accepting? I bet if they went to a school in Denver, they would've had a better time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 7:21 am

It is a fact Eric's entire world seemed to shift in a very bad direction after that last move to Colorado. He often talked about missing his old friends back in Michigan.

But to be honest every high school no matter how rural or urban has it's own pecking order among the students.  Although Columbine seemed to be just a bad atmosphere altogether.  

Also I feel Dylan's real issues were much deeper then just what school he attended, but I'm sure the hostile environment of Columbine did nothing to help his mental issues. I feel this is true for Eric as well.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 7:36 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
It is a fact Eric's entire world seemed to shift in a very bad direction after that last move to Colorado. He often talked about missing his old friends back in Michigan.

But to be honest every high school no matter how rural or urban has it's own pecking order among the students.  Although Columbine seemed to be just a bad atmosphere altogether.  

Also I feel Dylan's real issues were much deeper then just what school he attended, but I'm sure the hostile environment of Columbine did nothing to help his mental issues. I feel this is true for Eric as well.

I agree. What’s also heartbreaking is that Dylan wasn’t even in the school district, he was in Chatfield but his parents faught for him to go to Columbine since the academics were better.

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 7:46 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I agree. What’s also heartbreaking is that Dylan wasn’t even in the school district, he was in Chatfield but his parents faught for him to go to Columbine since the academics were better.

It is very tragic when you think about Dylan attending the other school and Eric attending Columbine. It's possible they wouldn't have met at all. AND even if they had, then they maybe wouldn't have formed the kind of fucked up friendship that would have allowed them to plan and carry out NBK.

SO many lives would have been spared. No
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 8:27 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

It is very tragic when you think about Dylan attending the other school and Eric attending Columbine. It's possible they wouldn't have met at all. AND even if they had, then they maybe wouldn't have formed the kind of fucked up friendship that would have allowed them to plan and carry out NBK.

SO many lives would have been spared. No

I don’t believe either of them but he carried out that kind of violence on their own

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 2:11 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
But to be honest every high school no matter how rural or urban has it's own pecking order among the students.

Oh indeed. I remember after watching the documentary Going Postal, they talked a little bit about Steve Kazmierczak's life in high school, and it was mentioned that a group of football players slammed his head against a lunch table and then jokingly said "hey watch it now, Suicide Steve might cut himself" (or something to that effect).

A lot of school shooters end up on the receiving end of getting picked on thanks to their mental disorders making them act different from most people combined with their usually weak physical strength.

bradt93

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 6:48 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
But to be honest every high school no matter how rural or urban has it's own pecking order among the students.

Oh indeed. I remember after watching the documentary Going Postal, they talked a little bit about Steve Kazmierczak's life in high school, and it was mentioned that a group of football players slammed his head against a lunch table and then jokingly said "hey watch it now, Suicide Steve might cut himself" (or something to that effect).

A lot of school shooters end up on the receiving end of getting picked on thanks to their mental disorders making them act different from most people combined with their usually weak physical strength.
I got picked on in junior high simply because I was shy and didn't talk to a lot of people. Can you believe that sh**? Bullies pick on the weak and they mainly are jocks. They are insecure and they have to take it out on someone else.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 10:26 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Bullies pick on the weak and they mainly are jocks. They are insecure and they have to take it out on someone else.

I would not say that they're insecure. Rather I'd say they're cruel assholes.

Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75936
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: cool runnings.   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 7:56 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Was Columbine not an accepting for anyone who looked and acted different from the rest of the students? From what I read about it, it sounded like it. I think if Eric and Dylan went to a more urban school, they would've had an easier time. It sounded like Columbine was really redneck. I said this before, Wayne didn't do his son any favors by moving from Michigan to Colorado, it seemed like Eric was happy there and Dylan I don't know. I think Sue could've found another school for him and the same for Eric. I mean isn't their urban schools in Colorado that would've probably more accepting? I bet if they went to a school in Denver, they would've had a better time.

Redneck? Columbine was upper middle class. Granted, "upper middle class in Colorado" is like being the best bobsled team in Jamaica but whatever (or, at the very least, like a setup for a nasty South Park joke which BTW recently did a school shootings episode.)
Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 1:59 am

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

Redneck?  Columbine was upper middle class.  Granted, "upper middle class in Colorado" is like being the best bobsled team in Jamaica but whatever (or, at the very least, like a setup for a nasty South Park joke which BTW recently did a school shootings episode.)
Maybe they were upper middle class, but what I mean by redneck is people adhering to certain values and refusing to progress. They couldn't accept Dylan and Eric, because they looked and acted differently than the rest of them. It wasn't a progressive school or community.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75936
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 12:44 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

Redneck?  Columbine was upper middle class.  Granted, "upper middle class in Colorado" is like being the best bobsled team in Jamaica but whatever (or, at the very least, like a setup for a nasty South Park joke which BTW recently did a school shootings episode.)
Maybe they were upper middle class, but what I mean by redneck is people adhering to certain values and refusing to progress. They couldn't accept Dylan and Eric, because they looked and acted differently than the rest of them. It wasn't a progressive school or community.

It was generally a very politically conservative and fundamentalist-Christian community, but Eric and Dylan could hardly be said to be progressive or terribly "liberal." The most progressive thing about them was their intellect--they liked to read. Aside from that we have Eric's bigotry and they both tried to play sports for awhile. I doubt E&D came across like a couple of hippies to the infamous jock crowd at Columbine, though perhaps there were other people who condescended to them for being different.

Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 2:01 am

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
bradt93 wrote:
Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

It was generally a very politically conservative and fundamentalist-Christian community, but Eric and Dylan could hardly be said to be progressive or terribly "liberal."  The most progressive thing about them was their intellect--they liked to read.  Aside from that we have Eric's bigotry and they both tried to play sports for awhile.  I doubt E&D came across like a couple of hippies to the infamous jock crowd at Columbine, though perhaps there were other people who condescended to them for being different.  

Well, I think they would've had more luck if they went to a school in Denver or perhaps Colorado Springs. Usually cities are more liberal than country areas. Granted, it could've been a long commute for them, but worth it in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 3:37 am

The 1990s were very socially conservative compared to today. Remember this was back in the times when almost all democrats sided with republicans to do dumb things like pass DOMA through congress. So I doubt Eric and Dylan would have had much luck in any school in the 1990s or for that matter even today. The fact of the matter is that society has had a socially conservative bias that has been implanted psychologically over thousands of years and it is just now barely starting to attempt to evolve past the point of collectivism which is responsible for the phenomena of bullying at every level of life whether in schools or in the workplace.
Back to top Go down
Emanation of Darkness
Banned

Contribution Points : 52609
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 8:02 am

It's pretty shocking that Columbine wasn't closed and its staff wasn't imprisoned after the truth about the athlete cult was revealed.

The school was set up to trap and abuse gifted students using artistic and science programs as a bait.

Like, it's not like students who went to theater classes and then were abused by jocks for it were discouraged from coming to the school.

They were deliberately lured into it. It was all intentional. Dylan was deliberately lured into a school where he was subjected to psychological liquidation.

Such degree of sadism is simply unbelievable.

It's obvious that the students abused there (and in general) should have been paid awesome compensations and provided with high quality help in recovery. Anything less is treachery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 11:17 am

Emanation of Darkness wrote:
It's pretty shocking that Columbine wasn't closed and its staff wasn't imprisoned after the truth about the athlete cult was revealed.

The school was set up to trap and abuse gifted students using artistic and science programs as a bait.

Like, it's not like students who went to theater classes and then were abused by jocks for it were discouraged from coming to the school.

They were deliberately lured into it. It was all intentional. Dylan was deliberately lured into a school where he was subjected to psychological liquidation.

It's obvious that the students abused there (and in general) should have been paid awesome compensations and provided with high quality help in recovery. Anything less is treachery.

???
Athlete cult ?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 12:02 pm

The athletes did get away with a lot but the above post is screaming Wayne Harris did 911 level conspiracy

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 1:02 pm

Everyone here knows I love a good conspiracy, but that seems a wee bit far fetched even to me!   Suspect  scratch Haha
Back to top Go down
Emanation of Darkness
Banned

Contribution Points : 52609
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
???
Athlete cult ?
That's how Washington's Post called the school culture in Columbine in article "Dissecting Columbine's Cult of the Athlete".

Screamingophelia wrote:
The athletes did get away with a lot but the above post is screaming Wayne Harris did 911 level conspiracy
So? It's not like we have to ascribe any kind of a benevolent intent to the school.

They gave preferential treatment to violent thugs while at the same time baiting artistic and scholarly students to get into the school despite creating a hostile atmosphere to these students.

So, what other explanation you have for the school making special programs like theater, arts, science, etc. for type of students that was clearly not welcome here?

Anyway, regardless if it's ill will or just incompetence, the school should have been held responsible for it and brought to justice. Especially that the whole thing led to two students committing suicide.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 12:54 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Everyone here knows I love a good conspiracy, but that seems a wee bit far fetched even to me!   Suspect  scratch Haha

I'm assuming you guys haven't seen the rest of his posts, right?

HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64137
Forum Reputation : 1210

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 2:33 am

I got picked on plenty and I turned out fine. Or so mother tells me...hehe

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 8:25 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I'm assuming you guys haven't seen the rest of his posts, right?

It does arouse some suspicions, and maybe a Red Flag.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 11:03 am

HanShotFirst wrote:
I got picked on plenty and I turned out fine. Or so mother tells me...hehe

Suspect Haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Columbine a backwards school?   Was Columbine a backwards school? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was Columbine a backwards school?
Page 1 of 1