Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheOne99
Top Contributor
TheOne99

Contribution Points : 31293
Forum Reputation : 61

For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Empty
PostSubject: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 10:11 pm

Ok then let me ask you this, why where they building bombs? Why did they purchase propane tanks and convert them into time bombs? Why did they need a rifle and shotguns just to kill their bullies? Why couldn't they had just purchase 2 handguns and get it over with? Why would they need to wear trench coast and military like clothing? couldn't they had just wear normal clothing? Why where they shooting at everyone then? Why werent they shooting bullies? Why didn't they successfully kill any of the jocks in the library? Why did they spare Evan Todd? Why did they want to blow up the school then? Why did they want to shoot cops then?

THEY CLEARLY WERE TRAUMATIZED FROM THE VAN INCIDENT ARREST! THEY WANTED BACK AT SOCIETY!

"Criminals are made, not born" - Tim Kretschmer

"I'm the god/dictator of my own life" - Pekka-Eric Auvinen

"Being made human Without the possibility of BEING human The cruelest of all punishments." - Dylan Klebold

"fuck you" - William Atchison

"The Human race sucks" - Eric Harris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NSAhoneypot
Top Contributor
NSAhoneypot

Contribution Points : 11606
Forum Reputation : 258

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 10:43 pm

Their trenchcoats were their normal clothing m8.

"I don't like Mondays." - Brenda Spencer
"Saddam Hussein killed all the Mandelas." - George Bush
"Remember lads, subscribe to Pewdiepie!" - Brenton Tarrant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joebox97
Top Contributor
joebox97

Contribution Points : 24775
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 11:50 pm

why where they building bombs?
Because they wanted to blow up the school, they hated the whole facility

Why did they purchase propane tanks and convert them into time bombs?
Probably because they were cheap and easy to get a hold of

Why did they need a rifle and shotguns just to kill their bullies? Why couldn't they had just purchase 2 handguns and get it over with?
Their friend bought them the guns at a gun show, Eric and Dylan were fans of the video game DOOM and the shotguns they chose were their favorite DOOM weapons

Why would they need to wear trench coast and military like clothing?
Because Eric thought of it as a mission, a "revolution", also his dad was in the military so their was probably some influence on him as a kid to act like a solider, handle emotions on the inside, etc.

couldn't they had just wear normal clothing?
Well they wore T-shirts, trenchcoats and army boots, they wore all of these to school multiple times, it was their "normal clothing"

Why where they shooting at everyone then?
This is a mystery but in my opinion since the bombs didn't go off they just wanted some kind of revenge or release of anger toward the school

Why werent they shooting bullies?
Because they didn't come in contact with that many during the shooting

Why didn't they successfully kill any of the jocks in the library?
They could of easily killed Evan Todd, and some of the victims may of wronged E&D in some way in the past, idk

Why did they spare Evan Todd?
This still boggles me, my only thought is psychological torment, sparing him so he can live with it the rest of his life. Or maybe he was a jock but one that wasn't really that mean to E&D (which I don't believe), another reason is they stumbled upon him after eric broke his nose and he was seen by many as being somewhat "out of it" and detracted, reality could of been setting in for both of them and their adrenaline rush probably wasn't as strong as the start of the shooting

Why did they want to blow up the school then?
Because they hated it

Why did they want to shoot cops then?
Possibly for revenge against the van incident or just to fuck with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheOne99
Top Contributor
TheOne99

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 12:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
why where they building bombs?
Because they wanted to blow up the school, they hated the whole facility

Why did they purchase propane tanks and convert them into time bombs?
Probably because they were cheap and easy to get a hold of

Why did they need a rifle and shotguns just to kill their bullies? Why couldn't they had just purchase 2 handguns and get it over with?
Their friend bought them the guns at a gun show, Eric and Dylan were fans of the video game DOOM and the shotguns they chose were their favorite DOOM weapons

Why would they need to wear trench coast and military like clothing?
Because Eric thought of it as a mission, a "revolution", also his dad was in the military so their was probably some influence on him as a kid to act like a solider, handle emotions on the inside, etc.

couldn't they had just wear normal clothing?
Well they wore T-shirts, trenchcoats and army boots, they wore all of these to school multiple times, it was their "normal clothing"

Why where they shooting at everyone then?
This is a mystery but in my opinion since the bombs didn't go off they just wanted some kind of revenge or release of anger toward the school

Why werent they shooting bullies?
Because they didn't come in contact with that many during the shooting

Why didn't they successfully kill any of the jocks in the library?
They could of easily killed Evan Todd, and some of the victims may of wronged E&D in some way in the past, idk

Why did they spare Evan Todd?
This still boggles me, my only thought is psychological torment, sparing him so he can live with it the rest of his life. Or maybe he was a jock but one that wasn't really that mean to E&D (which I don't believe), another reason is they stumbled upon him after eric broke his nose and he was seen by many as being somewhat "out of it" and detracted, reality could of been setting in for both of them and their adrenaline rush probably wasn't as strong as the start of the shooting

Why did they want to blow up the school then?
Because they hated it

Why did they want to shoot cops then?
Possibly for revenge against the van incident or just to fuck with them.

I KNEW all these facts just this thread was made for people who know little to jackshit about Columbine!

"Being made human Without the possibility of BEING human The cruelest of all punishments." - Dylan Klebold

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheOne99
Top Contributor
TheOne99

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 12:05 am

This was thread was made for idiots/retards who think Columbine was because of bullying! I knew the facts and shit this was just made to challenge the bullying shit

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adzybear

Contribution Points : 12025
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 4:49 am

??? Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Norwegian

Contribution Points : 12052
Forum Reputation : 140

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 5:32 am

I can't answer to all of your questions as I'm still in my early phase. But I believe that it's been established that most of the school shootings are not because of retaliation against bullying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 46425
Forum Reputation : 400

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 6:10 am

Dave Cullen? Is that you?

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Norwegian

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 6:16 am

Why would Dave Cullen be on this forum?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 6:33 am

It's a joke because Cullen said that Eric and Dylan were never bullied.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 69120
Forum Reputation : 622

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 7:09 am

Well, Dylan definitely talked about wanting to kill people and commit suicide before the whole van incident. And they both said on the Basement Tapes that the kids at Columbine had been "giving them shit for years". Eric talked about being picked on for the way he looked and for things such as the clothes he wore. He also wrote in his journal how he felt left out of fun things and that he felt like kids left him out on purpose because he was weird, etc. They left behind a lot of comments about how they were treated at Columbine and even friends of theirs, who knew them personally, said they were bullied.

Granted, the bullying they received may have been mild compared to what some other students go through. Nonetheless, they felt like they were picked on at that school.

I'm not an idiot/retard and this December marks 7 years that I've spent on Columbine. I don't think that bullying was the only reason, but I do believe it was part of the reason. And the reason I think this is because Dylan and Eric said it themselves in their journals, on the Basement Tapes and friends of theirs have said it too.

thelmar
Top Contributor
thelmar

Contribution Points : 27485
Forum Reputation : 1165

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 7:56 am

THEY CLEARLY WERE TRAUMATIZED FROM THE VAN INCIDENT ARREST! THEY WANTED BACK AT SOCIETY!

As [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] mentioned, Dylan was speaking of killing people and committing suicide in 1997, long before the van incident which occurred in January of 1998. Eric was doing the same- the first set of blog postings that the Brown's gave to police in which Eric poured out his hatred for just about everything and talked of killing Brooks on his website were written sometime in 1997. The Brown's contacted police, I believe, in August of that year for it.

Their hate ran deep and it was long lived. There was no one thing, like the van arrest or bullying, that the attack can be pinned on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Norwegian

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 8:23 am

Langman was the one denying that most school shooters retaliate over bullying. He's also drawn parallels between Marc Lepine and Eric Harris, or something like that. So I'm taking this from Langman.

I agree that bullying can be absolutely devastating, but I also believe that theres no perfect way to profile potential mass murders. Not even psychopathy, because most psychopaths are not murderers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheOne99
Top Contributor
TheOne99

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 8:29 am

I can't answer to all of your questions as I'm still in my early phase. But I believe that it's been established that most of the school shootings are not because of retaliation against bullying.

That's what I'm trying to say here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 49951
Forum Reputation : 712

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 8:42 am

This was thread was made for idiots/retards who think Columbine was because of bullying! I knew the facts and shit this was just made to challenge the bullying shit

I was wondering why you were saying these things lol. I was thinking hasn't TheOne99 been here a while lol

View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 126847
Forum Reputation : 770

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 9:00 am

I assumed most of us didn’t believe it happened only because of bullying.

Do I think bullying was a factor, yes. I think it was one of the many ways that stoked their anger.The whole reason... no way.

hvernon
Top Contributor
hvernon

Contribution Points : 41220
Forum Reputation : 999

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 8:53 pm

I assumed most of us didn’t believe it happened only because of bullying.

Do I think bullying  was a factor, yes. I think it was one of the many ways  that stoked  their anger.The whole reason... no way.

Yes, exactly. It was certainly a factor. But only a factor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pixie13

Contribution Points : 13135
Forum Reputation : 230

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 3:23 am

I think the bullying/being made to feel outsiders built on their unhappiness. I think Eric's longing to bond with his dad more was also a factor but I don't think he would have shot his parents. They didn't feel they belonged at the school, so they loathed the school and almost anyone in it.

Last edited by Pixie13 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Norwegian

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 4:34 am

They definitely did have their fair share of friends from what I know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 5:43 am

They definitely did have their fair share of friends from what I know.
Just because you have friends doesn't mean you can't be bullied as well.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pixie13

Contribution Points : 13135
Forum Reputation : 230

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 12:10 pm

You can have friends and still not feel accepted by your peers too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 12:21 pm

You can have friends and still not feel accepted by your peers too.

Exactly and I think even Dylan Started feeling like he wasn’t accepted even by the people who loved him.

Look at the way Zack talked about him after. It could’ve been of course out of anger but he could have still had those feelings towards Dylan before

Lunkhead McGrath
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 29561
Forum Reputation : 75

PostSubject: neener   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 10:18 pm

It's a joke because Cullen said that Eric and Dylan were never bullied.

He didn't say they were never bullied. He said there was no evidence that the bullying led to the murders E&D committed. He also said E&D "had some bad days, for sure" but were perpetrators of bullying far more than recipients of it.

If the ketchup tampon thing never happened (Cullen thinks it "probably did," but that "the details are murky") than the worst bullying I know of directed at E&D specifically was when Dan Lab punched Eric in the face, which Eric said "didn't hurt" (boy, now THERE'S a good phrase for not taking Eric's journals at face value!)

I view bullying as a lesser factor, not the primary factor. The big smoking gun against the bullying accusation is, as has been pointed out, that nobody can come up with a good reason for why they didn't kill Evan Todd or any one who actually bullied them. Cullen (somewhat ridiculously and questionably, to say the least) thinks that it's because they didn't blow up a football game, or a table full of jocks in the lunchroom.

It is true that you can "have friends" and yet not feel "accepted"--that's how I sure as hell felt when I was in jr.sr. high.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 10:23 pm

There are more bullying instances in some articles and from Sue in her book and Brooks in his book. Also people are acting like Eric and Dylan were going to run and talk about it every five seconds about being bullied they were probably really ashamed at the instances where it happened. None of us know what any of them went through from day to day. We can’t say who had it worse or not.

I read far more instances of them being bullied than being bullies. However I believe they were probably both. I was horribly bullied but when I faught back I was looked at as the jerk. It’s not all black and wine.

Norwegian

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 7:10 pm

Actually, I seem to remember he did say that they werent bullied. But maybe Im confusing hes words with that of Andrew Gumbel. He does say, howewer, that it wasnt retaliation over bullying. I agree, cause we will ignore everything else about EH by simply looking at bullying. Bullying can really be a damaging factor if taken to the extreme. Take the example of the syrian refugee that recently recorded an attack by hes racist bully. Where hed been severely beaten simply because he came from Syr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Norwegian

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 7:16 pm

Syria, and the bully was a racist nationalist. No doubt, this is really quite extreme. IDK how common this type of extreme bullying is, allthough I can say I experienced some level of extreme bullying and harassment like death threats, people trying to beat me up, stuff like that. IDK how commonplace extreme bullying is from country to country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 39229
Forum Reputation : 205

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 9:38 pm

Why didn't Eric and Dylans bullies ever come out and apologize for bullying them?

QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 55966
Forum Reputation : 1450

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 1:30 am

Why didn't Eric and Dylans bullies ever come out and apologize for bullying them?

Because...they're bullies?  Neutral

View user profile Online
AlteRoad

AlteRoad

Contribution Points : 21282
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 6:45 am

Actually, I seem to remember he did say that they werent bullied. But maybe Im confusing hes words with that of Andrew Gumbel. He does say, howewer, that it wasnt retaliation over bullying. I agree, cause we will ignore everything else about EH by simply looking at bullying. Bullying can really be a damaging factor if taken to the extreme. Take the example of the syrian refugee that recently recorded an attack by hes racist bully. Where hed been severely beaten simply because he came from Syr
He didn't record it, someone else did. Also, there's no evidence that he was bullied because he was Syrian. Also, I imagine pushing, shoving and pouring water on someone is common in most countries, going by the kind of footage I've seen from countries like America, Russia, China and India. I know stuff like that (and far worse) was extremely common at schools I went to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadowofthewill

Contribution Points : 8750
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 6:54 am

Because...they're bullies?  Neutral

Most likely because they didn't want to put some of the spotlight on themselves after the shooting, as bullying came to be one of the reasons why the shooting even happened. In the 11k document some of them said they didn't remember Eric or Dylan and never had direct contact which I believe is complete and utter BS.

My guesses are: They bullied everyone and maybe forgot their faces (I think this is unlikely though) and they were and still are just protecting themselves and all the horrible bullying that they did and straight up just lied to law enforcement to look like sweet angels.

One jock did admit to being a bully but I'm not sure if he apologised for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: