Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors

Go down 
+9
Holloka
bradt93
Tommy QTR
UncontinuedProcess
Screamingophelia
STK
W.A.R.
Pixie13
School Massacre Archives
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6428
Contribution Points : 194511
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-26
Age : 36

Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors   Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 3:44 pm

See, I have to disagree a little. Especially when you said even if the kids alone and one talks to them it’s OK to ostracize or bulky them?  Sometimes kids are angry or sad because of bullying incident. They may bullied for things they can’t control. If they smell, maybe their family doesn’t have money to keep the water on? So that mean kids are supposed to mean tonthem because no one’s doing anything to help him?

I know Nicholas Cruz is a very different case. However it could turn into a slippery slope. Kids could find someone scary because they have a facial deformity? So it’s ok to ostracize them and bully them?  I also don’t think you should to nice someone if you feel afraid of them if they’re violent or mean . Distance yourself, but you don’t have to be an asshole to them. I always go back to what Devon said. She wondered if she got over her fear of Eric and  if she reached out to him if things would’ve been different. She doesn’t know, but she said that she doesn’t think walk out and walk up are mutually exclusive. You can be kind to people...I don’t think kids should put them selves in the danger to help someone either!! I think I might be taking it too personally because of my own experiences. Sad I don’t like what she said and I don’t like that it’s making people think it’s OK to bully kids who are different. Because that’s what it’s saying. Also do you know that the adults should’ve stepped in very long time ago to help. It’s not the kids responsibility to help  but I’m just saying they didn’t have to poke the bear....

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors   Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 4:13 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Distance yourself, but you don’t have to be an asshole to them.

That's exactly what I think. I hope my previous post didn't make anyone think that I defended bullies. To me there is a huge difference between not wanting to be with someone that you don't feel comfortable being with and bullying him, being actually mean to him.
Avoiding someone can be understandable, bullying someone is always bad. But maybe we shouldn't see people as only one big group: you may not talk to someone because he is not the kind of people you usually hang out with, but another group may have talked to him and he wouldn't have been ostracized.
Also when I say I can understand that kids ostracize another kid, I mean if this kid really act in a weird, anti-social way, in a way that makes him seem not trustworthy or even dangerous or if his tastes are too exclusive (and in this case it is even possible that he ostracized himself). I don't think it is ok for a kid who is just too poor to buy branded clothes to be ostracized.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6428
Contribution Points : 194511
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-26
Age : 36

Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors   Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 4:42 pm

Neah wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Distance yourself, but you don’t have to be an asshole to them.

That's exactly what I think. I hope my previous post didn't make anyone think that I defended bullies. To me there is a huge difference between not wanting to be with someone that you don't feel comfortable being with and bullying him, being actually mean to him.
Avoiding someone can be understandable, bullying someone is always bad. But maybe we shouldn't see people as only one big group: you may not talk to someone because he is not the kind of people you usually hang out with, but another group may have talked to him and he wouldn't have been ostracized.
Also when I say I can understand that kids ostracize another kid, I mean if this kid really act in a weird, anti-social way, in a way that makes him seem not trustworthy or even dangerous or if his tastes are too exclusive (and in this case it is even possible that he ostracized himself). I don't think it is ok for a kid who is just too poor to buy branded clothes to be ostracized.

You are right though, I think a lot of times too you don’t mean to exclude people. You get into a groove with people you get along with and you don’t deviate... which is fair.

Eric and Dylan were ostracized in many ways but there were also plenty of people who embraced them. I think Eric dug his own hole sometimes with his temper...


There is a great line from 90210... I know. I know don’t laugh yet . And it’s between Naomi and Max. Naomi really popular and Max is a “nerd” Naomi developed feelings for him after he helps her out with something and she tries to impress him by dressing up as an avatar character and his friends are really mean to her. And they make fun of her. And Max goes to comfort her and Naomi says you know, your friends are just as mean and judgmental as you say mine are.

There can be ostracization within clicques too. Look at the way people talk about Robert Perry who was a member of the TCM. His supposed friends were mean to him because his coat was cheep and has acne...

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 121628
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-05

Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors   Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 5:09 pm

Pixie13 wrote:
Cruz was a horrible kid and I doubt any of you would have befriended him.

Full disclosure here, I befriended or became acquainted with some of the strange or delinquent kids at my school, so in all honesty I could see myself being on friendly terms with Nick.

Now whether he'd still shoot me or not is up in the air.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess


Posts : 487
Contribution Points : 68307
Forum Reputation : 430
Join date : 2017-10-22

Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors   Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 5:17 pm

Pixie13 wrote:
I can't believe you're expecting teenagers to embrace someone who was abusive and violent. The victim-blaming here is disgusting. Cruz was a horrible kid and I doubt any of you would have befriended him.

It's not victim-blaming when she could barely can even be considered a victim at all.  Plus no-one here said that they should've embraced Cruz at all, but rather kept their distance and leave each other be.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6428
Contribution Points : 194511
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-26
Age : 36

Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors   Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 6:35 pm

UncontinuedProcess wrote:
Pixie13 wrote:
I can't believe you're expecting teenagers to embrace someone who was abusive and violent. The victim-blaming here is disgusting. Cruz was a horrible kid and I doubt any of you would have befriended him.

It's not victim-blaming when she could barely can even be considered a victim at all.  Plus no-one here said that they should've embraced Cruz at all, but rather kept their distance and leave each other be.

That is something I’ve spoken to a friend about. About how there’s almost levels of survivors when it comes to these tragedies. And a lot of people have survivors guilt over it Or they don’t feel like they have any right to feel like a survivor because they may have been out of school that day or got out of school quickly.

Brooks Brown and John Savage were both technically “let go” and would be called survivors. However brooks’s experience with the actual shooting (not aftermath ) pales in comparison with what John endured.

I kind of want to make a separate thread about this....

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess


Posts : 487
Contribution Points : 68307
Forum Reputation : 430
Join date : 2017-10-22

Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors   Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 8:06 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
UncontinuedProcess wrote:
Pixie13 wrote:
I can't believe you're expecting teenagers to embrace someone who was abusive and violent. The victim-blaming here is disgusting. Cruz was a horrible kid and I doubt any of you would have befriended him.

It's not victim-blaming when she could barely can even be considered a victim at all.  Plus no-one here said that they should've embraced Cruz at all, but rather kept their distance and leave each other be.

That is something I’ve spoken to a friend about. About how there’s almost levels of survivors  when it comes to these tragedies. And a lot of people have survivors guilt over it Or they don’t feel like they have any right to feel like a survivor because they may have been out of school that day or got out of school quickly.

Brooks Brown and John Savage were both technically “let go” and would be called survivors. However brooks’s experience with the actual shooting (not aftermath ) pales in comparison with what John endured.

I kind of want to make a separate thread about this....

I think you should since it does warrant discussion. I would still call Brooks Brown a "Columbine Survivor" considering he encountered Eric minutes prior to the shooting who in the past threaten to kill him, obviously John Savage has a more dramatic story of his survival as he was caught right in the middle of the library massacre. Due to the attack during the lunch break with students and teachers roaming about freely, I would consider anybody within that building during those 16 minutes when E&D were actively killing to be survivors. I won't considered students that didn't come in that day to be survivors nor people who went somewhere else outside that school during the period.
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92281
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors   Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 2:56 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
UncontinuedProcess wrote:
Pixie13 wrote:
I can't believe you're expecting teenagers to embrace someone who was abusive and violent. The victim-blaming here is disgusting. Cruz was a horrible kid and I doubt any of you would have befriended him.

It's not victim-blaming when she could barely can even be considered a victim at all.  Plus no-one here said that they should've embraced Cruz at all, but rather kept their distance and leave each other be.

That is something I’ve spoken to a friend about. About how there’s almost levels of survivors  when it comes to these tragedies. And a lot of people have survivors guilt over it Or they don’t feel like they have any right to feel like a survivor because they may have been out of school that day or got out of school quickly.

Brooks Brown and John Savage were both technically “let go” and would be called survivors. However brooks’s experience with the actual shooting (not aftermath ) pales in comparison with what John endured.

I kind of want to make a separate thread about this....
Yes, I just don't like the girl at all. She just doesn't seem to be a friendly person. I can't believe Cruz would let someone like her bully him in the first place, girl or not, I would of knocked her out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors   Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Louis CK mocks Parkland shooting survivors
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Columbine Survivors React to Parkland Shooting
» Fifth anniversary of the Parkland shooting
» Father of Parkland school shooting survivors killed by gunman
» Parkland school shooting survivors make the cover of New York Magazine
» Wounded victims from Parkland school shooting to get $1.63M

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting-
Jump to: