Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share
 

 The Browns

Go down 
AuthorMessage
shadowofthewill



Posts : 37
Contribution Points : 8750
Forum Reputation : 28
Join date : 2018-10-17

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 9:34 pm

What are your thoughts and opinions on the Browns? Especially Judy and Brooks? Also, do you think it's fair that the Browns got to see the basement tapes because they kept harassing Jeffco to see them? despite not having one of their children injured or killed? I know that Eric had written on his website, about how he wanted to kill Brooks but was that really enough for them to see the tapes?

I've seen some posts throughout the forum about her and apparently some people don't like her generally. To add on, it's known that Brooks is/was known as a liar and now I'm just curious as to what the general consensus is on them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hvernon
Top Contributor
hvernon

Posts : 755
Contribution Points : 41220
Forum Reputation : 999
Join date : 2016-11-22
Location : Missouri

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 10:22 pm

I think everyone here is going to agree with you that there was no reason for the Browns to ever see the Basement Tapes. They involved themselves in everything that went on after the shooting because of Eric's website. General consensus here is they seem nosy.

_________________


"...we will be free, to explore the vast wonders of the stars. To cascade down everlong waterfalls, & thru the warmest seas of pure happiness... no limits... no limits. Nothing will stop us. "


-Dylan Klebold
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelmar
Top Contributor
thelmar

Posts : 413
Contribution Points : 27460
Forum Reputation : 1165
Join date : 2018-07-15

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 11:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think everyone here is going to agree with you that there was no reason for the Browns to ever see the Basement Tapes. They involved themselves in everything that went on after the shooting because of Eric's website. General consensus here is they seem nosy.

Actually... I disagree. If the police had listened to the Brown's beginning in 1997, maybe Columbine would have never happened. The Brown's are a HUGE reason why so much of the information on this case has been released publically and I think a BIG reason for why any of the parents got to see the Basement Tapes.
Brooks may not have been injured but Eric caused a lot of stress on that family for some time before the shooting. If the police had taken anything they'd said seriously, maybe no one would have died.

Judy's a busybody and Brook's has issues, too, but the Browns are a big part of the Columbine case and they had a right to see those tapes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Posts : 5682
Contribution Points : 126847
Forum Reputation : 770
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 11:39 pm

I don’t think they have a right to see the tapes. Although I do agree with Brooks, I think one of their friends should’ve been allowed to watch them. They would’ve been able to give a little more insight

I think demanding to see the tapes and demanding Sue reaches out to the victims families and not even realizing that she was not allowed is pretty intrusive

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hvernon
Top Contributor
hvernon

Posts : 755
Contribution Points : 41220
Forum Reputation : 999
Join date : 2016-11-22
Location : Missouri

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2019 12:26 am

I disagree about the rights to see the tapes, but they are a part of the case. Close friends had more rights to watch the tapes than Judy and Randy. The fact Eric caused them stress gave them no actual right to see the tapes. It's not as if Eric directly mentioned them by name and mentioned wanting to attack them on the tapes. If he had, that's a whole different thing.

If the police had listened, then Columbine might not have happened, you're right. That's Jeffco's fault. The Browns did their best to warn the police that Eric was a potentially dangerous person. I'm sure they feel guilty that they didn't keep pestering the police about Eric.

I still think that they're rather nosy though, or at least they stick their nose in things they don't belong in such as the Sue thing mentioned above. Brooks wasn't even at the school during the shooting. I know we've discussed before on the forum if we believe Brook's story or not, but I'm not even gonna go into that right now. Towards the end, Brooks wasn't even that close with Dylan anymore. That doesn't discredit him or anything, I don't mean it like that.  I'd like to here more from other friends of both Dylan and Eric.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful they were able to get a lot of information released to the public. We might not be here now if it weren't for them.

_________________


"...we will be free, to explore the vast wonders of the stars. To cascade down everlong waterfalls, & thru the warmest seas of pure happiness... no limits... no limits. Nothing will stop us. "


-Dylan Klebold
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Posts : 3296
Contribution Points : 55966
Forum Reputation : 1450
Join date : 2017-09-04

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2019 12:29 am

They're dicks.

They were also right to be suspicious of Eric and were some of the few people willing to talk at length about what a shitshow JeffCo was and acted.

I suppose you gotta take the good with the bad.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
hvernon
Top Contributor
hvernon

Posts : 755
Contribution Points : 41220
Forum Reputation : 999
Join date : 2016-11-22
Location : Missouri

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2019 12:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They're dicks.

They were also right to be suspicious of Eric and were some of the few people willing to talk at length about what a shitshow JeffCo was and acted.

I suppose you gotta take the good with the bad.

Right, they're good and bad. I don't hate them or anything. I just think they're nosy. But in the end, it's because of their nosiness that we have so much info.

_________________


"...we will be free, to explore the vast wonders of the stars. To cascade down everlong waterfalls, & thru the warmest seas of pure happiness... no limits... no limits. Nothing will stop us. "


-Dylan Klebold
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Lizpuff

Posts : 2588
Contribution Points : 49951
Forum Reputation : 712
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 31

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2019 8:42 am

Judy is a busybody who is extremely nosy and rude while "pretending to help". I don't care for her or the way she treated Dylan's family. I think Randy means well but he is also too involved. Brooks is a liar and kinda a perv.

I agree that they were very involved. On the other hand I think all 3 need to take a step back. Randy turned his son's room into an "evidence room" and spent a ridiculous amount of time online arguing with columbiners (look at Cullen's book reviews on amazon for example) and for someone that quote " does not want to be affiliated with Columbine anymore" Brooks sure loves to bring attention back to it....

I don't like the 3 of them very much but to me it is more their collective personalities than anything else.

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
milennialrebelette



Posts : 122
Contribution Points : 11610
Forum Reputation : 300
Join date : 2018-10-28
Age : 28
Location : Littleton, CO

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 1:29 am

Dont get me started on the Browns. They used to live down the street from my moms. My senior year when my mom was so sick they were the only neighbors who didnt help. Judy started a rumor I was mentally challenged because I had to take extra classes at McLain to graduate.

My sister has a long history with the Browns. I think she wrote about it in an email I posted here I'll try to find the part about the Browns.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slippy123
Top 10 Contributor
slippy123

Posts : 867
Contribution Points : 60528
Forum Reputation : 1150
Join date : 2015-08-25

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 2:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Dont get me started on the Browns. They used to live down the street from my moms. My senior year when my mom was so sick they were the only neighbors who didnt help. Judy started a rumor I was mentally challenged because I had to take extra classes at McLain to graduate.

My sister has a long history with the Browns. I think she wrote about it in an email I posted here  I'll try to find the part about the Browns.

Judy always reminded me of the town gossip queen type of mother, however I do think her and Randy's fight to expose Jeff Co was genuine, and not for notoriety or anything of the sort.
As someone stated above, her nosiness got us alot of information and stories about Eric and Dylan and the massacre, so in the end I guess it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadowofthewill



Posts : 37
Contribution Points : 8750
Forum Reputation : 28
Join date : 2018-10-17

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 10:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that's really messed up. I can't believe that she did that to you. Honestly, I'm shocked that she actually started a rumour about a 17/18 year old when she's already a fully grown adult.  Shocked

Also, I guess a lot of people on this thread are right and although many are not a big fan of their nosiness, it helped somewhat expose JeffCo with the addition of release of evidence and the viewing of the basement tapes to the families of the victims. However, I get a slight feeling that they might be supporters of the Dylan being a follower theory? I remember seeing a video on YouTube with Brooks saying that Dylan "was just a follower." Does anyone know if he or anyone close to them still follows this theory?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whyno

whyno

Posts : 130
Contribution Points : 24203
Forum Reputation : 50
Join date : 2017-04-01
Age : 23

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 7:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Dont get me started on the Browns. They used to live down the street from my moms. My senior year when my mom was so sick they were the only neighbors who didnt help. Judy started a rumor I was mentally challenged because I had to take extra classes at McLain to graduate.

My sister has a long history with the Browns. I think she wrote about it in an email I posted here  I'll try to find the part about the Browns.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear you had such bad encounters with her! The e-mail would be interesting to read if you find it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Posts : 5682
Contribution Points : 126847
Forum Reputation : 770
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 8:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Dont get me started on the Browns. They used to live down the street from my moms. My senior year when my mom was so sick they were the only neighbors who didnt help. Judy started a rumor I was mentally challenged because I had to take extra classes at McLain to graduate.

My sister has a long history with the Browns. I think she wrote about it in an email I posted here  I'll try to find the part about the Browns.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear you had such bad encounters with her! The e-mail would be interesting to read if you find it!

I think this is the thread!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelmar
Top Contributor
thelmar

Posts : 413
Contribution Points : 27460
Forum Reputation : 1165
Join date : 2018-07-15

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 11:40 am

I just saw this video for the first time today, any idea who Randy is referring to at 8:31 when he mentions the girl telling her mom that Eric had a hit list and just got a gun? Is there a reference for this other than Randy?
I've never heard that before.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The other thing I was blown away about was when he is talking about the violence in society and at 14:58 when he said he felt guilty over Columbine because he didn't kill Eric. Wow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Posts : 5682
Contribution Points : 126847
Forum Reputation : 770
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 11:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I just saw this video for the first time today, any idea who Randy is referring to at 8:31 when he mentions the girl telling her mom that Eric had a hit list and just got a gun? Is there a reference for this other than Randy?
I've never heard that before.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The other thing I was blown away about was when he is talking about the violence in society and at 14:58 when he said he felt guilty over Columbine because he didn't kill Eric. Wow.


Shocked


Randy would be in prison if he killed Eric. Because before that day Eric was a perfectly nice young man to most people.

He is acting like Eric with some sort of video game villain that he had to destroy.

Eric could be nasty, give dirty looks and annoy but without a gun he wasn’t a huge threat IMHO

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Posts : 3296
Contribution Points : 55966
Forum Reputation : 1450
Join date : 2017-09-04

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 5:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I just saw this video for the first time today, any idea who Randy is referring to at 8:31 when he mentions the girl telling her mom that Eric had a hit list and just got a gun? Is there a reference for this other than Randy?
I've never heard that before.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kristi Epling maybe? She did know Eric had a list of people he hated, right?

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lizpuff
Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Lizpuff

Posts : 2588
Contribution Points : 49951
Forum Reputation : 712
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 31

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 9:01 am

Yes Kristi saw the list and heard about several people being on it

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hvernon
Top Contributor
hvernon

Posts : 755
Contribution Points : 41220
Forum Reputation : 999
Join date : 2016-11-22
Location : Missouri

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 1:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I just saw this video for the first time today, any idea who Randy is referring to at 8:31 when he mentions the girl telling her mom that Eric had a hit list and just got a gun? Is there a reference for this other than Randy?
I've never heard that before.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kristi Epling maybe? She did know Eric had a list of people he hated, right?

That's the only girl I can think of. She knew about the list. I don't know if she knew he had any guns, but that's still my best guess.

_________________


"...we will be free, to explore the vast wonders of the stars. To cascade down everlong waterfalls, & thru the warmest seas of pure happiness... no limits... no limits. Nothing will stop us. "


-Dylan Klebold
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jada887

jada887

Posts : 140
Contribution Points : 29728
Forum Reputation : 100
Join date : 2016-09-29
Age : 35
Location : Santa Monica, California

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 5:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Eric could be nasty, give dirty looks and annoy but without a gun he wasn’t a huge threat IMHO

This is understandable, given what Eric did, and what he planned to do to his school. I think Mr. Brown has good reasons to hate Eric with a passion. After all, he expressed the desire to urinate all over his family, while torturing them.

However, I have problems with his bullying thesis. School shootings are not common, yet bullying happens every day, to everyone. If bullying explains school shootings, then why aren't there more Eric and Dylans out there? As I understand it, Mr. Brown seems to unintentionally defend Eric and Dylan's actions. I was bullied, so I get it. There wasn't a day that went by that I didn't want to end my life, or the lives of others. But that's no excuse for a massacre.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Posts : 5682
Contribution Points : 126847
Forum Reputation : 770
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 6:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Eric could be nasty, give dirty looks and annoy but without a gun he wasn’t a huge threat IMHO

This is understandable, given what Eric did, and what he planned to do to his school. I think Mr. Brown has good reasons to hate Eric with a passion. After all, he expressed the desire to urinate all over his family, while torturing them.

However, I have problems with his bullying thesis. School shootings are not common, yet bullying happens every day, to everyone. If bullying explains school shootings, then why aren't there more Eric and Dylans out there? As I understand it, Mr. Brown seems to unintentionally defend Eric and Dylan's actions. I was bullied, so I get it. There wasn't a day that went by that I didn't want to end my life, or the lives of others. But that's no excuse for a massacre.

It’s not an excuse but there was a bullying culture at Columbine at some point.

Most kids who are bullied don’t go on shootings rampages. Maybe they become violent in other ways?

However if you have kids who have mental health issues things can compound.

A lot of kids who are bullied don’t commit suicide... but some do. So bullying should be looked at as a factor.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jada887

jada887

Posts : 140
Contribution Points : 29728
Forum Reputation : 100
Join date : 2016-09-29
Age : 35
Location : Santa Monica, California

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 7:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

However if you have kids who have mental health issues things can compound.

A lot of kids who are bullied don’t commit suicide... but some do. So bullying should be looked at as a factor.

Yes, I agree. Bullying is a problem in our schools, but mental health needs a new focus. Most of the time, I have discovered that bullying affects the most sensitive children (e.g., children like Dylan Klebold, who had very limited social skills and was extraordinarily shy), who will either struggle with mental illness, drug addiction, or emotional trauma. However, I think our society needs to pay better attention to at-risk children, like Eric and Dylan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Posts : 5682
Contribution Points : 126847
Forum Reputation : 770
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 8:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

However if you have kids who have mental health issues things can compound.

A lot of kids who are bullied don’t commit suicide... but some do. So bullying should be looked at as a factor.

Yes, I agree. Bullying is a problem in our schools, but mental health needs a new focus. Most of the time, I have discovered that bullying affects the most sensitive children (e.g., children like Dylan Klebold, who had very limited social skills and was extraordinarily shy), who will either struggle with mental illness, drug addiction, or emotional trauma. However, I think our society needs to pay better attention to at-risk children, like Eric and Dylan.

I absolutely agree with you!! you hit the nail on the head.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hvernon
Top Contributor
hvernon

Posts : 755
Contribution Points : 41220
Forum Reputation : 999
Join date : 2016-11-22
Location : Missouri

The Browns Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns   The Browns Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 10:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

However if you have kids who have mental health issues things can compound.

A lot of kids who are bullied don’t commit suicide... but some do. So bullying should be looked at as a factor.

Yes, I agree. Bullying is a problem in our schools, but mental health needs a new focus. Most of the time, I have discovered that bullying affects the most sensitive children (e.g., children like Dylan Klebold, who had very limited social skills and was extraordinarily shy), who will either struggle with mental illness, drug addiction, or emotional trauma. However, I think our society needs to pay better attention to at-risk children, like Eric and Dylan.

I absolutely agree with you!! you hit the nail on the head.

100%

This was the case for me. I was a very shy kid. I had trouble making friends and fitting in. I'm physically disabled. And when the bullying started, I took it hard. Really hard. I was suffering from severe depression and social anxiety. Other people like to say that Dylan and Eric were dumb to be hurt/upset by the bullying they received because that person had received similar and didn't care. It's really up to each individual case imo. Some people handle it better than others. Mental Health is something we should most certainly be talking about in our schools. Outside of them too.

_________________


"...we will be free, to explore the vast wonders of the stars. To cascade down everlong waterfalls, & thru the warmest seas of pure happiness... no limits... no limits. Nothing will stop us. "


-Dylan Klebold
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
The Browns
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: