Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lost Highway

Go down 
+3
W.A.R.
Supacocky
KMFDM
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KMFDM

Contribution Points : 48743
Forum Reputation : 55

Lost Highway Empty
PostSubject: Lost Highway   Lost Highway Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2020 11:21 am

Is it known if Eric and Dylan ever saw the 1997 film "Lost Highway"? It's a neo-noir film which contains music by Rammstein, Nine Inch Nails, The Smashing Pumpkins and Marilyn Manson.

"The solution is Walther." -Matti Juhani Saari
Back to top Go down
Supacocky

Supacocky

Contribution Points : 50165
Forum Reputation : 75

Lost Highway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Highway   Lost Highway Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2020 12:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sure, there is a lot of references from Lost highway from Eric and Dylan (especially in Dylan's journal).

If i remenber correctly, this picture camefrom a page they wrote together in eric planner, and lost highway is in the top of their favorite movie.
Back to top Go down
KMFDM

Contribution Points : 48743
Forum Reputation : 55

Lost Highway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Highway   Lost Highway Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2020 8:38 am

Supacocky wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sure, there is a lot of references from Lost highway from Eric and Dylan (especially in Dylan's journal).

If i remenber correctly, this picture camefrom a page they wrote together in eric planner, and lost highway is in the top of their favorite movie.
Thanks dude.

"The solution is Walther." -Matti Juhani Saari
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70348
Forum Reputation : 345

Lost Highway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Highway   Lost Highway Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 1:01 pm

I seen this film called Decoder that i think they may have liked (or atleast Eric would)

Decoder is a 1984 West German film directed by Muscha. It is a cyberpunk and counter-cultural film roughly based on the writings of William S. Burroughs, who also acts in the film. Bill Rice plays Jaeger ("Hunter"), an agent of the government in charge of suppressing dissidents, while FM Einheit plays a burger shop employee who discovers that by changing the background music from pleasantly calming to industrial "noise" music, he can incite riots and a revolution against the looming power of the government.
Back to top Go down
11B-X-1371

11B-X-1371

Contribution Points : 49355
Forum Reputation : 27

Lost Highway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Highway   Lost Highway Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 4:24 pm

W.A.R. wrote:
I seen this film called Decoder that i think they may have liked (or atleast Eric would)

Decoder is a 1984 West German film directed by Muscha. It is a cyberpunk and counter-cultural film roughly based on the writings of William S. Burroughs, who also acts in the film. Bill Rice plays Jaeger ("Hunter"), an agent of the government in charge of suppressing dissidents, while FM Einheit plays a burger shop employee who discovers that by changing the background music from pleasantly calming to industrial "noise" music, he can incite riots and a revolution against the looming power of the government.
I think indeed they may have liked it but it sounds even more like something Pekka-Eric Auvinen, the perpetrator of the 2007 Jokela high school massacre, would have liked. He wished or at least fantasized to start a revolution to seize control of the masses from the strong and manipulative to the intelligent individualists, both of which he theoreticized to make up around 3% of the population.

kblu

Contribution Points : 53359
Forum Reputation : 425

Lost Highway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Highway   Lost Highway Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 5:55 pm

In a computer survey, Eric listed it as his favorite movie. Dylan also wrote in his journal “the lost highway sounds like a movie about me.”
Back to top Go down

Lost Highway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Highway   Lost Highway Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 6:16 pm

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reznor

Reznor

Contribution Points : 41171
Forum Reputation : 350

Lost Highway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Highway   Lost Highway Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 9:04 pm

Dylan wrote "The lost highway sounds like a movie about me" on March 31st, 1997. Lost Highway had a very limited theatrical release in 12 theaters on February 21st, 1999. Given the wording and the timeline, I doubt that he had seen the movie when he wrote this. It was released on home video August 12th, 1997.

Matt Friedman stated that at the beginning of junior year (August 1997) he had been invited by Dylan to the Klebold residence. Dylan had requested that Matt bring over the movie Lost Highway because Matt worked at Video City. Matt had advised that it was Dylan's favorite movie. He also advised that Dylan had told him he really enjoyed the movie. (006400)

The movie is also written on Dylan's wantlist with arrows pointing to it, likely signifying that he really wanted it. (026367)

He created a design for a custom Lost Highway shirt. (026379)

Dylan also wrote the lyrics for the Perfect Drug by NIN in his school planner over the week of February 2nd-8th 1998 (026457) As far as I know, the song was only released on the soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70348
Forum Reputation : 345

Lost Highway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Highway   Lost Highway Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 10:51 pm

Yes when Dylan wrote that he had not actually seen it. He had read or watched something about the film and somehow connected what he read/heard to his life.
Back to top Go down
Supacocky

Supacocky

Contribution Points : 50165
Forum Reputation : 75

Lost Highway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Highway   Lost Highway Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 7:21 am

Also, the drawings of Dylan probably come from the aesthetic of Lost Highway[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76161
Forum Reputation : 225

Lost Highway Empty
PostSubject: decoder   Lost Highway Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm

W.A.R. wrote:

I bet they wouldn't have *understood* Decoder at all.

I've seen Decoder myself and congratulate you on having seen it. It's very rare that I get to talk to someone who's seen Decoder--it is one obscure-ass movie!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost Highway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Highway   Lost Highway Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost Highway
Page 1 of 1