Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How not to light your cigarette.

Go down 
+6
Sabratha
meenwhile
TheFragile
tfsa47090
Mj2beat
Jenn
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

How not to light your cigarette. Empty
PostSubject: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:08 am

Lol.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95079
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:19 am

LOL this always reminds a lot a similar situation in the parody movie Duck!, just before the suicides

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:34 am

This part amuses no matter how much I see it, especially since that time I decided to focus my attention on Dylan and almost saw his shoulders shake with laughter as he was watching Eric fumble. Couple that with the later comment of "dude, I had to laugh when you.." and you have a glorious instance where Dylan almost lost the plot because Eric was such a try-hard.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:47 am

:'D I wonder if he ever watched this footage himself and realized how ridiculous he looked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 12:17 pm

WOW.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:19 pm

And didn't Eric say something about people who "don't know how to light a cigarette" being shot in one of his rants or journal entries? I thought I remember him saying something like that? Does anyone else remember that or know what I am talking about?

Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:04 pm

Jenn wrote:
And didn't Eric say something about people who "don't know how to light a cigarette" being shot in one of his rants or journal entries? I thought I remember him saying something like that? Does anyone else remember that or know what I am talking about?

Yes I remember and I think that it was in one of the first entries, but what exactly wrote was: "People that only know stupid facts that aren't important should be shot, what fucking use are they. NATURAL SELECTION, kill all retards, people with brain fuck ups, drug addicts, people who can't figure out how to use a fucking lighter". Wow or Eric was very contradictory or he knew that was a person who was like that and that's why he hated himself and thought that he should be shot too and died (reason of why he committed suicide). He also wrote something in his hate list about young smokers and he smoked too

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101063
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:13 pm

Mj2beat wrote:
Wow or Eric was very contradictory or he knew that was a person who was like that and that's why he hated himself and thought that he should be shot too and died (reason of why he committed suicide). He also wrote something in his hate list about young smokers and he smoked too

Years back (I think), someone posted something on an article or blog that discussed Eric's "You know what I hate?" page(s) which encapsulated Eric and the pages perfectly.

They said something to the effect of "Whoa. It is like he's discussing how much of a loser he thinks HE is, and how much he hates himself".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:22 pm

Mj2beat wrote:

he knew that was a person who was like that and that's why he hated himself and thought that he should be shot too and died (reason of why he committed suicide). He also wrote something in his hate list about young smokers and he smoked too

I think this is true.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:24 pm

Mj2beat wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Yes I remember and I think that it was in one of the first entries, but what exactly wrote was: "People that only know stupid facts that aren't important should be shot, what fucking use are they. NATURAL SELECTION, kill all retards, people with brain fuck ups, drug addicts, people who can't figure out how to use a fucking lighter". Wow or Eric was very contradictory or he knew that was a person who was like that and that's why he hated himself and thought that he should be shot too and died (reason of why he committed suicide). He also wrote something in his hate list about young smokers and he smoked too

Thank you. I knew I had read something along those lines. It seems as though Eric is having trouble using that lighter himself, huh? Lol.

Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:52 pm

That its exactly what I was thinking, he seems to be that kind of teaneger that do the same that his friends to be accepted, even if he hated it, something that could be for his low self-esteem, mental problem or his eternal problem of be always rejected and problem to make friends, thinking that if he follows the people of his age, could be finally not being an outcast or at least not the weird of the group or the school as always was

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:04 pm

The scary thing is that I think Eric's escalating violent behavior was also a way to "perform" for his friends, specifically for Dylan. I'm not saying he wasn't angry and violent. I'm saying he he acted "over the top" about it all as a way of impressing other outcasts, particularly other TCM and most importantly Dylan Klebold.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:26 pm

gustopoet wrote:
The scary thing is that I think Eric's escalating violent behavior was also a way to "perform" for his friends, specifically for Dylan. I'm not saying he wasn't angry and violent. I'm saying he he acted "over the top" about it all as a way of impressing other outcasts, particularly other TCM and most importantly Dylan Klebold.

Yeah I agree, is probable that in an environment full of people like him, he wanted to finally be respected, superior and even popular, reason of why he did the same that his friends and then he started to say that hated everyone even if he was like many of that people and could knew it but didnt care
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:31 pm

Mj2beat wrote:

Yeah I agree, is probable that in an environment full of people like him, he wanted to finally be respected, superior and even popular, reason of why he did the same that his friends and then he started to say that hated everyone even if he was like many of that people and could knew it but didnt care

Yep. And look at it another way: if Eric hadn't been over-the-top violent and into guns and bombs would Dylan have stayed so close to him? What else did they have in common? And who else did Eric have? Dylan was his only real friend and the main reason Dylan prioritized his friendship with Eric was due to "Reb" not Eric. So it's almost like what "Reb" evolved into was, in some ways, Dylan's tool.
Back to top Go down
TheFragile

Contribution Points : 97059
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 2:56 pm

When the music began, I couldn't stop laughing

Contribution Points : 83361

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 7:03 pm

silent

Last edited by meenwhile on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97590
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 3:47 am

Dylan was certainly a smoker, there's several people mentioning seeing him smoking, or going out for a smoke, or seeing him at the smokers den.

Eric... never thougth about it, but there's really a lot less peopel ever mentioning him smoking.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 84644

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 12:12 pm

I think I read somewhere that Eric smoked menthol cigarettes...I could be wrong though

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 1:59 pm

Heh, our actor (also not a big smoker) in the lone smokign scene in the film was holding a tobacco cigarette the way you would normally hold a ganja joint. We noticed that very late, when we already were putting all the scenes togeather. So it stayed in the movie as it was.

Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 84644

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 2:04 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Heh, our actor (also not a big smoker) in the lone smokign scene in the film was holding a tobacco cigarette the way you would normally hold a ganja joint. We noticed that very late, when we already were putting all the scenes togeather. So it stayed in the movie as it was.

That's funny that you mentioned this. I remember thinking that he looked awkward smoking when I watched it Laughing

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 3:28 pm

browneyes11 wrote:
Sabratha wrote:

That's funny that you mentioned this. I remember thinking that he looked awkward smoking when I watched it Laughing

As I said, he's not a big smoker.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 10:45 am

Whats always bugged me is Eric doesn't inhale lol.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 1:56 pm

NyQuil wrote:
Whats always bugged me is Eric doesn't inhale lol.
I guess that's because he doesn't know how to smoke properly. I'm not sure cuz I've never been a smoker but it seems like he just draws in the smoke and then blows it right back out. My Mom used to be a big bad 16 year old smoker and she did the same thing.

Back to top Go down
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Contribution Points : 71881

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 2:09 pm

My impression is that Eric did not actually enjoy smoking, maybe this is why he blew the smoke right back out. But, as we know, smoking is an obligatory accessory for a tough guy, so he did it.

Quote :

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!?

---YOUNG SMOKERS!they think they are so god damn cool with their big bad ciggarettes and their "sooo cool" attitude. I cant wait until they are about 25 and have they have to breathe through their fucking necks and talk with a computer hooked up to their X-vocal cords.

I tried cigarettes many years ago, did not understand what it was good for, and so I did not became a smoker. Maybe he had a similar experience? Haha
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83282
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 4:31 pm

x

Last edited by sscc on Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79736
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 4:56 pm

I am between Eric not knowing how to properly smoke and enjoy the purpose of a cigarette, or he just doesn't enjoy smoking but he did so for that school video for like the badass scene or whatever. I would say the same when he drinks, he flinches at the taste of alcohol, and when he tries to down a bottle. He doesn't need cigarettes or alcohol.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How not to light your cigarette.   How not to light your cigarette. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How not to light your cigarette.
Page 1 of 1