Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting

Go down 
+31
Jenn
dhalia
SaucyJimmy
TheSpiral
Lunkhead McGrath
waht315
PredBull
Ainjel
spinvault
<<-reBKa->>
Unknown
Screamingophelia
pessimist
MysteryMan
Sane One
QuestionMark
W.A.R.
DooMRebel
shades
1Mare1
silentprocess
sscc
Naze Warbled
STK
Myll
Draw_It_White
Smiggles94
REBdoomer1999
Juicy Jazzy
sororityalpha
InsaneIntruder
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79711
Forum Reputation : 38

Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 1:19 pm

Oh my god I got major goosebumps. This is terrible

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85803
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 1:35 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
Only 2 kills. Hundreds of people running away and only 2 kills. Maybe he should've taken some shooting lessons...
I should've waited for more info on it because now the bodycount is more than 50.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 1:40 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
Only 2 kills. Hundreds of people running away and only 2 kills. Maybe he should've taken some shooting lessons...
I should've waited for more info on it because now the bodycount is more than 50.

The news reports were/are all over the place with this one. They just started running any new developments as they came, I'm sure they had a lot of back tracking to do on some of the earlier reports. Sad
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 1:48 pm

This is devastating. My thoughts and my prayers to everyone there.

This could be one of us, just having a night out, a concert and all and tragedy might just strike out of nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 1:50 pm

Just read a report saying now that the gunman had NO connection with any Terror group. No one knows what the hell is going on apparently. Mad
Back to top Go down
silentprocess

silentprocess

Contribution Points : 62059
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 1:57 pm

awsomehq wrote:
They really need to get on gun control, Look at Finland, UK, Australia and Japan.

If people want to kill, they will kill. London bombings, japan stabbings, Breivik. I'd sacrifice hundreds of thousands of dead people by gun violence before I'd even think about allowing governments to control and oppress me without a fight.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 1:59 pm

few more angles.

Holy shit the sound

DooMRebel

Contribution Points : 63044

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:01 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
You feel dumb now right? btw don't take this as an insult

shades

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:06 pm

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:08 pm

shades wrote:

few more angles.

Holy shit the sound

Holy Hell seems more fitting. Have there been any confirmed casualties from the stampede? You know those people were running scared with little care for the ones who fell in front of them. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:12 pm

shades wrote:

I wonder how many were killed actually thinking that it was just fireworks and there was no reason to run or take cover? Sad
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:26 pm

I hate to say that I am shocked at the aim and the distance and it gave me flashbacks of Charles Whitman at the top of the tower during the Texas University shooting.

DooMRebel

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:28 pm

Are there really over 500 injured? I heard that on the news

shades

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:29 pm

I would like to have exact information of the type of weapon this guy used. They have not confirmed that yet.

DooMRebel

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:30 pm

I've heard that police found about 10 weapons at his apartment.

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 61544
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:32 pm

awsomehq wrote:
They really need to get on gun control, Look at Finland, UK, Australia and Japan.

Mass shooters will still get guns illegally. Gun control will only prevent law abiding citizens from defending themselves.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Would you mind enlightening us with what your mom knows about the shooter?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The other interesting fact is that his female companion may have told everyone that they were 'going to die tonight.' Her identity is not certain, from what I've read, but a woman pushed her way to the front of the crowd, started bothering a lady standing there, and then shouted this about 45 minutes before the shooting. If his companion knew what was going to happen in advance, I'm curious what will happen to her in terms of legal consequences.

This is going to be the root of conspiracy theories.

Last edited by shades on Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Would you mind enlightening us with what your mom knows about the shooter?

The other interesting fact is that his female companion may have told everyone that they were 'going to die tonight.' Her identity is not certain, from what I've read, but a woman pushed her way to the front of the crowd, started bothering a lady standing there, and then shouted this about 45 minutes before the shooting. If his companion knew what was going to happen in advance, I'm curious what will happen to her in terms of legal consequences.

1Mare1

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:34 pm

I wonder if he used hollow point bullets.
Back to top Go down
silentprocess

silentprocess

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:35 pm

1Mare1 wrote:
awsomehq wrote:

Mass shooters will still get guns illegally. Gun control will only prevent law abiding citizens from defending themselves.

Truth.

Over 500 injured and at least 58 dead is what I saw on the latest update.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm waiting to see what was used as well.

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:37 pm

1Mare1 wrote:
awsomehq wrote:

EXACTLY!
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70298
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:51 pm

They are saying he may have used a gat crank to fire more rapidly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:54 pm

shades wrote:

I'm wanting more info on this woman who supposedly warned people they were going to die some 45 minutes before the shit hit the fan. Has anyone come across anything else related to her?
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:58 pm

@W.A.R wrote:

Possibly. I'm open to that. Still would await the actual weapon he used.

Watching the videos from the point of view of the crowd and how loud it was and being there is just devastating to me. People were even thinking it's just fireworks.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97993
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 3:01 pm

To whomever it was asking about the amount of time he was shooting for - news over here says possibly 10-15 minutes. I think they did pretty well getting to him in that time (if true) considering where he was shooting from.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 3:02 pm

shades wrote:

I'm wanting more info on this woman who supposedly warned people they were going to die some 45 minutes before the shit hit the fan. Has anyone come across anything else related to her?

Witness account on the news about this actual incident:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silentprocess

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 3:04 pm

W.A.R. wrote:

Source?

Would make sense, I'll listen after work to the rate of fire.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 3:07 pm

I was gonna say, If someone here knows guns and can listen to the firing closely could probably assume the closest type of weapon he used.

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 3:08 pm

shades wrote:
shades wrote:

Witness account on the news about this actual incident:

THANKS! I'm just really skeptical of the news reports, already there have been a TON of crap cranked out filled with inaccuracies.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70298
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 3:12 pm

silentprocess wrote:
W.A.R. wrote:

Source?

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 3:27 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Just read a report saying now that the gunman had NO connection with any Terror group. No one knows what the hell is going on apparently. Mad

I have not heard of any semblance of a motive. Coupled with the fact that this man appears to have had no prior history of mental health problems or a history of violence, and didn't even leave so much as a suicide note behind, and I'm scratching my head at why exactly this happened. Maybe it will come to us in due time though.

shades wrote:
I would like to have exact information of the type of weapon this guy used. They have not confirmed that yet.

I've heard it was a machine gun (which raises the question of how he got it when they're supposed to be illegal), but no confirmation on that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 3:35 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I have not heard of any semblance of a motive. Coupled with the fact that this man appears to have had no prior history of mental health problems or a history of violence, and didn't even leave so much as a suicide note behind, and I'm scratching my head at why exactly this happened. Maybe it will come to us in due time though.

shades wrote:

I've heard it was a machine gun (which raises the question of how he got it when they're supposed to be illegal), but no confirmation on that.

Unfortunately misinformation seems to be the name of the game. We will likely have to wait a few days until everything settles and all the facts get sorted out.
Back to top Go down
silentprocess

silentprocess

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 3:50 pm

If it was a trigger actuator then it could have easily sounded like a machine gun. Basically it shoots as fast as you could crank. Combine that with a drum mag that actually functioned and you'd have pure chaos. Course you could have 30 round mags but you would have to reload every few seconds.

I'm wondering if he had multiple trigger actuators on various weapons, the barrel would heat up so fast that accuracy would virtually be zero if you were to continue using the same rifle. Course accuracy doesn't matter when you have 22,000 targets.

If I weren't at work I would listen and try to determine the gun used. If it were me (and it's NOT obviously) I would have used AK's which are 7.62, you wouldn't have to worry about jams or anything cause those things just don't quit. If he used a 5.56/.223 I'd be surprised if it lasted over 3 mags or 90 rounds with a crank on it, maybe if it wasn't gas impingement, but I can't see an older guy buying a piston driven AR.

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 3:54 pm

deleted

Last edited by mordupen on Thu May 24, 2018 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 3:55 pm

I'm not sure if he was actually aiming well or just sprayed towards the concert?

edit: The reason it means something to me because I've been comparing him to Charles Whitman and Charles had immaculate aiming, IDK about this guy. And it would play a factor with say his background and guns/shooting.

silentprocess

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 3:58 pm

If the rate of fire was extremely fast a scope would have only been useful for sighting in again after a reload and of course the initial sighting in.

Edit: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm interested in his setup because...  wow, seriously?  I think Charles is still gonna be the sniping king.  This guy had to spray and pray if the rate of fire is fast.  I guess spray and pray isn't all that appropriate lol.

Double Edit:  At least 19 weapons now, but no specifics.

Triple Edit: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

.308 and .223 may have used a mini? Not sure. .308 would have done similar damage to an AK as it's a pretty close match to 7.62. Drops deer dead anyway.

Last edited by silentprocess on Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72944
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 4:03 pm

shades wrote:
It wasn't my mom, it was my aunt. All she said was that she knew him from the casino that she worked at, and that he was a "big" gambler. She seemed pretty shaken up, so I didn't press the issue. Since some time has passed, I might ask her for more information.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 4:05 pm

Pretty good article detailing more about Stephen's life.
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 4:17 pm

Will this shooting have some some of sort of a legacy? I wonder if people will still talk about it for months or years to come.
Back to top Go down
silentprocess

silentprocess

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 4:24 pm

1Mare1 wrote:
Will this shooting have some some of sort of a legacy? I wonder if people will still talk about it for months or years to come.

I'm starting to think that for a shooting to have longevity it isn't the number of victims but more about how much the police choose not to release. The less the authorities release, or the more they cover up like Columbine, the more of a legacy certain shootings have IMHO.

Have to wait and see though.

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 4:27 pm

1Mare1 wrote:

Who knows? It could be remembered, or could just fall off the radar when the news reports stop coming in. Only time will tell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 4:30 pm

silentprocess wrote:
If the rate of fire was extremely fast a scope would have only been useful for sighting in again after a reload and of course the initial sighting in.

Edit: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm interested in his setup because...  wow, seriously?  I think Charles is still gonna be the sniping king.  This guy had to spray and pray if the rate of fire is fast.  I guess spray and pray isn't all that appropriate lol.

Double Edit:  At least 19 weapons now, but no specifics.

Triple Edit: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

.308 and .223 may have used a mini?  Not sure.  .308 would have done similar damage to an AK as it's a pretty close match to 7.62.  Drops deer dead anyway.

This is why I am waiting for the dust to settle and the real facts to be sorted from the bullshit. Way too many conflicting stories running right now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sane One

Contribution Points : 84823

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 5:14 pm

You can buy all sorts of shit online to modify a semi auto into a full blown machine. He probably just did that. I would like to know motive. What made him just snap? Was it as simple as losing everything gambling? Or more?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 5:17 pm

Sane One wrote:
You can buy all sorts of shit online to modify a semi auto into a full blown machine. He probably just did that. I would like to know motive. What made him just snap? Was it as simple as losing everything gambling? Or more?

I don't think a motive has been established yet.
Back to top Go down
Sane One

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 5:24 pm

Gamblers are unstable. What makes him even more of a coward is the fact he planned everything out. I’m going all in and in case I do lose, I will take others with me. But I’m sure if he went on a big winning run the tragedy would have been avoided.
Back to top Go down
Sane One

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 5:29 pm

They said he was playing $ 100.00 a hand in poker. That’s not counting what he did at the slots. You can get yourself in trouble gambling that type of way.
Back to top Go down
MysteryMan

Contribution Points : 90233
Forum Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 5:49 pm

awsomehq wrote:
guns dont shoot themselves people do. I always ponder why people are so keen to give up their freedom and rights.
Back to top Go down
pessimist

Contribution Points : 60966

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 5:51 pm

Naze Warbled wrote:
Perfection

What the fuck is wrong with you? You realize that people have DIED right? That being said my heart goes out to all of the victims of this tragedy. I couldn't believe the amount of casualties when I heard about it on the news. Honestly it's crazy to me how old the guy was. When you think of a mass shooter you think like 15-25 not 60+ jesus christ, at such an old age I can only imagine what would make him want to kill so many innocent people?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 5:52 pm

MysteryMan wrote:
awsomehq wrote:
guns dont shoot themselves people do. I always ponder why people are so keen to give up their freedom and rights.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72944
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 6:00 pm

1Mare1 wrote:
Most likely. It was the worst US mass shooting, it had a brand new gimmick (Las Vegas Strip), and it occurred during the "era" of mass shootings.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting   Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mandalay Bay Hotel Shooting
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next