Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bullying others?

Go down 
+4
thelmar
Screamingophelia
QuestionMark
Kerea2244
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 123625
Forum Reputation : 40

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 5:35 pm

Ive heard that E & D buillied people. Does anyone have detailed info on that? (meaning like what happened)
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 11:42 pm

That’s murky if we use Dave Cullens term. Which I hate doing. However I may be an odd ball and I don’t completely believe Adam Kyler s description of bullying by Dylan. I think something like that Sue would’ve known about. I also don’t believe he came to school with a swastika on his cheek. You would think that one of his friends would’ve said to wash it off.

Eric was a hot head so we know he often would lose his temper and it would be over smal things. Zach, Eric and Dylan “dubbed” freshmen and probably engaged in boyish name calling

I do believe bullying begets bullying. For me when I was bullied I would retaliate against anyone. So at times it seemed like I was the bully

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82732
Forum Reputation : 3068

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 7:51 am

Dylan wrote something on someone's locker and got in trouble for it. I don't know what he wrote but he was sent to the Dean's office. He received a one day suspension and had to pay for a new locker door.

Both Adam Kyler and his mother told police that Dylan had been bullying him around November and December of 1998. Kyler's mother was concerned enough about it that she reported to the school. Kyler said the bullying stopped after that.

Dylan, Eric, and Zach stole locker combinations and left a threatening note in a kid's locker. They were all suspended for it.

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 8:55 am

thelmar wrote:
Dylan wrote something on someone's locker and got in trouble for it. I don't know what he wrote but he was sent to the Dean's office. He received a one day suspension and had to pay for a new locker door.

Both Adam Kyler and his mother told police that Dylan had been bullying him around November and December of 1998. Kyler's mother was concerned enough about it that she reported to the school. Kyler said the bullying stopped after that.

Dylan, Eric, and Zach stole locker combinations and left a threatening note in a kid's locker. They were all suspended for it.

That was the only Zach who left a note. Eric and Dylan didn’t have anything to do with it. Devon was suspended for the hacking as well.

Zach was a bit of a hot head...

Scratching a locker is not bullying. It’s vandalism

And why didn’t Adam Kyler go to the principals office or the police while the supposedly was going on? It was mentions after the shooting.

Screamingophelia

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 9:22 am

I don’t want to make it sound like I am sticking up for any kind of bullying. However if we want to look critically at if they were bullied I want to look critically at what kind of bullying they did And if it was more in retaliation for what they were going through

Or were they just two huge jerks before then?

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 10:41 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
And why didn’t Adam  Kyler go to the principals office or the police while the supposedly was going on? It was mentions after the shooting.

What was the alleged rationale for Kyler getting bullied anyway? Something about this whole thing seems off to me.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 10:49 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
And why didn’t Adam  Kyler go to the principals office or the police while the supposedly was going on? It was mentions after the shooting.

What was the alleged rationale for Kyler getting bullied anyway? Something about this whole thing seems off to me.

There wasn’t any. After the shootings Adam Kyler was like dylan threatened to kill me but nothing was said before...

thelmar

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 6:25 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

That was the only Zach who left a note. Eric and Dylan  didn’t have anything to do with it. Devon was suspended for the hacking as well.

Zach was a bit of a hot head...

Scratching a locker is not bullying. It’s vandalism

The note was from Zach to Devon's ex-boyfriend, but when the Dean spoke to police about the incident after the massacre he indicated that the note was part of the reason why they were all suspended, not just the hacking.

It was vandalism but it was targeted at the other student, hence the bullying. Apparently it was dispute with someone whose locker was near his. In his planner Dylan made a comment about, "Talk to (name redacted)---> buying locker front and moving fag away"

Also, Kyler and his mom did report the bullying before April 20th. According to them they reported it sometime in December of 1998 and Kyler said after they reported it the bullying stopped.

And I know you would never condone bullying. A lot of stuff in the 11k is not clear cut and open for interpretation.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 12:02 am

If the police were notified before the shooting Why did none of Dylan’s friends or families know?

I have to be honest I feel like Dylan retaliated Against bullying.

thelmar

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 2:04 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
If the police were notified before the shooting Why did none of Dylan’s  friends or families know?

I have to be honest I feel like Dylan retaliated Against bullying.

Sorry for the confusion. Adam and his mother reported the bullying to the school, not to the police. From the CR, pg 247
"He told me, along with his mother, that during November and December of 1998, suspect Klebold began harassing him at the school and had threatened him to the point where witness Susan Kyler reported the incident to school authorities who said they would take care of the problem and were aware of the problems caused by suspect Klebold. Witness Adam Kyler said after his mother reported this to the school authorities, he had no further problems with suspect Klebold.”

In regard to the locker incident, I think it could have been in retaliation for a conflict with the student whose locker it was or it could have been victim-bullying in that someone else was giving Dylan a hard time and he took it out on this kid. The main reason I'm not convinced of the former and sort of lean towards the latter is because this kid was a freshman and it seems as though a freshman would have to have some pretty big kahunas to pick on a junior, esp one as tall as Dylan.
From the CR, pg. 5707 (interview with Dean Peter Horvath)
That Peter has dealt with Dylan during the spring of 1998 for an incident where he was caught scratching “something” into a freshman’s locker door.
That Dylan became very agitated while waiting for his father to come to school to discuss the situation with Peter and began pacing around the room.
That when Peter attempted to talk to Dylan and calm him down, he advised that Dylan began cussing at him, although he did not personalize anything toward Peter.
That during the incident, Dylan advised that he was very upset with the school system and the way CHS handled people, to include people that picked on him and others.”
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 12:33 pm

Emanation of Darkness wrote:
He worshiped Nazis - Nazis first went after disabled people.

I'd like to know who you're getting your history lessons from because the first people the Nazis went after were communists. The entire reason Hitler was able to gain dictatorial powers was due to a communist burning down the Reichstag. 

I think it was purely political violence.

On what basis?

Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91917
Forum Reputation : 575

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 12:44 pm

QuestionMark wrote:

I'd like to know who you're getting your history lessons from because the first people the Nazis went after were communists. The entire reason Hitler was able to gain dictatorial powers was due to a communist burning down the Reichstag.
Well we don't actually know if the communists were responsible for burning down the Reichstag, there is some evidence that the Nazis burned it down themselves to blame on the Communist party.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 12:55 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

Well we don't actually know if the communists were responsible for burning down the Reichstag, there is some evidence that the Nazis burned it down themselves to blame on the Communist party.

Yes, you're right. At the end of the day though the result was the same - the Nazis used the incident to go after communists and those on the far left.

Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78828
Forum Reputation : 304

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2019 12:09 pm

Its on Langmanns webside
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 2:56 pm

Its in the 11k documents and its also mentioned by Sue Klebold. Its also mentioned by Peter Langmann in hes piece 'The search for truth at Columbine'. He argues that Dylan and Eric harrassed a girl as far back as 8th grade. Its also mentioned in Governor Bill Owens report. Sue Klebolds theory suggests that Dylan got bullied and he became what we identify as bullying victims. Which suggests that he was both the target of it and aggressor.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 2:57 pm

Also, this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Ligeya

Contribution Points : 42399
Forum Reputation : 53

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 3:08 pm

Norwegian wrote:
Its in the 11k documents and its also mentioned by Sue Klebold. Its also mentioned by Peter Langmann in hes piece 'The search for truth at Columbine'. He argues that Dylan and Eric harrassed a girl as far back as 8th grade. Its also mentioned in Governor Bill Owens report. Sue Klebolds theory suggests that Dylan got bullied and he became what we identify as bullying victims. Which suggests that he was both the target of it and aggressor.

What girl Dylan AND Eric harassed? Never heard anything about that.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 10:54 pm

Ligeya wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
Its in the 11k documents and its also mentioned by Sue Klebold. Its also mentioned by Peter Langmann in hes piece 'The search for truth at Columbine'. He argues that Dylan and Eric harrassed a girl as far back as 8th grade. Its also mentioned in Governor Bill Owens report.  Sue Klebolds theory suggests that Dylan got bullied and he became what we identify as bullying victims. Which suggests that he was both the target of it and aggressor.

Unsure if it is the same girl referred to by Langmann, but in Gleason's book it references a girl who received a threatening letter from Eric and Dylan in 8th grade. I followed the reference provided and it is a report (pg. 17957) from Melissa's father in which he says she received a threatening letter from Harris, Klebold, Nick Baumgart, Tim Kastle, and 3 other boys when she was in middle school.
In looking at this further, it's interesting that Melissa's father was a detective with the Denver Police Department. This page of the the Columbine Report says "Letter Original to Sheriff's Office, Copy Attached"
That copy is not included in the Report that was released to the public. I can only guess that they kept it private because of the other boys that were involved.
Which then makes me wonder- this makes it sound like Detective Snow reported the letter to the Sheriff's office. So... what, if anything, did that lead to?

QuestionMark and Babydoll like this post

Back to top Go down
Ligeya

Contribution Points : 42399
Forum Reputation : 53

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 12:07 am

thelmar wrote:
Ligeya wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
Its in the 11k documents and its also mentioned by Sue Klebold. Its also mentioned by Peter Langmann in hes piece 'The search for truth at Columbine'. He argues that Dylan and Eric harrassed a girl as far back as 8th grade. Its also mentioned in Governor Bill Owens report.  Sue Klebolds theory suggests that Dylan got bullied and he became what we identify as bullying victims. Which suggests that he was both the target of it and aggressor.

Unsure if it is the same girl referred to by Langmann, but in Gleason's book it references a girl who received a threatening letter from Eric and Dylan in 8th grade. I followed the reference provided and it is a report (pg. 17957) from Melissa's father in which he says she received a threatening letter from Harris, Klebold, Nick Baumgart, Tim Kastle, and 3 other boys when she was in middle school.
In looking at this further, it's interesting that Melissa's father was a detective with the Denver Police Department. This page of the the Columbine Report says "Letter Original to Sheriff's Office, Copy Attached"
That copy is not included in the Report that was released to the public. I can only guess that they kept it private because of the other boys that were involved.
Which then makes me wonder- this makes it sound like Detective Snow reported the letter to the Sheriff's office. So... what, if anything, did that lead to?

Rachel Scott's prom date and guy from the ceiling? i wish i could read this letter.

Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80472
Forum Reputation : 1491

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 7:24 am

They both talk about hating freshmen. Eric outright fantasizes about destroying them and Dylan writes that he looks forward to 'dub the new freshmen' in Eric's yearbook. And as soon as the library massacre starts in earnest, Eric shoots one.
Back to top Go down

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2020 5:44 pm

cakeman wrote:
They both talk about hating freshmen. Eric outright fantasizes about destroying them and Dylan writes that he looks forward to 'dub the new freshmen' in Eric's yearbook. And as soon as the library massacre starts in earnest, Eric shoots one.
Dylan killed the first student to die in the library, Kyle.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80472
Forum Reputation : 1491

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2020 5:59 pm

Ivan wrote:
cakeman wrote:
Yeah I'm aware of that, and Eric shot at Evan, but they go straight to the windows and mostly focus on police. The library massacre beginning in earnest refers to when Dylan shoots Patrick/Makai/Dan S. That's when he says he'll  just start shooting rather than expect them to get up, and when the attempted murders by gunshot start to happen rapidly in there. The first of those for Eric being Steven, a freshman.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 10:31 pm

Adam Kyler, and if we could argue that the death threats levelled at Brown should be seen as bullying.

Not sure it was bullying or more likely harassment, but threatning letter to a student back in 8th grade.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 10:34 pm

Guest wrote:
cakeman wrote:

Yes, I forgot about this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bullying others? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Bullying others? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bullying others?
Page 1 of 1