Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Bullying others?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244

avatar

Posts : 194
Contribution Points : 33809
Join date : 2018-04-28
Age : 18

PostSubject: Bullying others?   Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:35 pm

Ive heard that E & D buillied people. Does anyone have detailed info on that? (meaning like what happened)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4104
Contribution Points : 64743
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:42 pm

That’s murky if we use Dave Cullens term. Which I hate doing. However I may be an odd ball and I don’t completely believe Adam Kyler s description of bullying by Dylan. I think something like that Sue would’ve known about. I also don’t believe he came to school with a swastika on his cheek. You would think that one of his friends would’ve said to wash it off.

Eric was a hot head so we know he often would lose his temper and it would be over smal things. Zach, Eric and Dylan “dubbed” freshmen and probably engaged in boyish name calling

I do believe bullying begets bullying. For me when I was bullied I would retaliate against anyone. So at times it seemed like I was the bully



_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
thelmar

avatar

Posts : 116
Contribution Points : 7965
Join date : 2018-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:51 am

Dylan wrote something on someone's locker and got in trouble for it. I don't know what he wrote but he was sent to the Dean's office. He received a one day suspension and had to pay for a new locker door.

Both Adam Kyler and his mother told police that Dylan had been bullying him around November and December of 1998. Kyler's mother was concerned enough about it that she reported to the school. Kyler said the bullying stopped after that.

Dylan, Eric, and Zach stole locker combinations and left a threatening note in a kid's locker. They were all suspended for it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4104
Contribution Points : 64743
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Dylan wrote something on someone's locker and got in trouble for it. I don't know what he wrote but he was sent to the Dean's office. He received a one day suspension and had to pay for a new locker door.

Both Adam Kyler and his mother told police that Dylan had been bullying him around November and December of 1998. Kyler's mother was concerned enough about it that she reported to the school. Kyler said the bullying stopped after that.

Dylan, Eric, and Zach stole locker combinations and left a threatening note in a kid's locker. They were all suspended for it.


That was the only Zach who left a note. Eric and Dylan didn’t have anything to do with it. Devon was suspended for the hacking as well.

Zach was a bit of a hot head...

Scratching a locker is not bullying. It’s vandalism

And why didn’t Adam Kyler go to the principals office or the police while the supposedly was going on? It was mentions after the shooting.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4104
Contribution Points : 64743
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:22 am

I don’t want to make it sound like I am sticking up for any kind of bullying. However if we want to look critically at if they were bullied I want to look critically at what kind of bullying they did And if it was more in retaliation for what they were going through

Or were they just two huge jerks before then?

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2563
Contribution Points : 31794
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
And why didn’t Adam  Kyler go to the principals office or the police while the supposedly was going on? It was mentions after the shooting.

What was the alleged rationale for Kyler getting bullied anyway? Something about this whole thing seems off to me.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4104
Contribution Points : 64743
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
And why didn’t Adam  Kyler go to the principals office or the police while the supposedly was going on? It was mentions after the shooting.

What was the alleged rationale for Kyler getting bullied anyway? Something about this whole thing seems off to me.

There wasn’t any. After the shootings Adam Kyler was like dylan threatened to kill me but nothing was said before...


_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
thelmar

avatar

Posts : 116
Contribution Points : 7965
Join date : 2018-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


That was the only Zach who left a note. Eric and Dylan  didn’t have anything to do with it. Devon was suspended for the hacking as well.

Zach was a bit of a hot head...

Scratching a locker is not bullying. It’s vandalism

And why didn’t Adam  Kyler go to the principals office or the police while the supposedly was going on? It was mentions after the shooting.

The note was from Zach to Devon's ex-boyfriend, but when the Dean spoke to police about the incident after the massacre he indicated that the note was part of the reason why they were all suspended, not just the hacking.

It was vandalism but it was targeted at the other student, hence the bullying. Apparently it was dispute with someone whose locker was near his. In his planner Dylan made a comment about, "Talk to (name redacted)---> buying locker front and moving fag away"

Also, Kyler and his mom did report the bullying before April 20th. According to them they reported it sometime in December of 1998 and Kyler said after they reported it the bullying stopped.

And I know you would never condone bullying. A lot of stuff in the 11k is not clear cut and open for interpretation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan



Posts : 3615
Contribution Points : 57903
Join date : 2013-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That’s murky if we use Dave Cullens term. Which I hate doing.  However I may be an odd ball and I don’t completely believe Adam Kyler s description of bullying by Dylan. I think something like that Sue would’ve known about.  I also don’t believe he came to school with a  swastika on his cheek. You would think that one of his friends would’ve said to wash it off.

Eric was a hot head so we know he often would lose his temper and it would be over smal things. Zach, Eric and Dylan “dubbed” freshmen and probably engaged in boyish name calling

I do believe bullying begets bullying. For me when I was bullied I would retaliate against anyone. So at times it seemed  like I was the bully


What reason would a special needs student have to lie about being bullied by Dylan?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan



Posts : 3615
Contribution Points : 57903
Join date : 2013-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
And why didn’t Adam  Kyler go to the principals office or the police while the supposedly was going on? It was mentions after the shooting.

What was the alleged rationale for Kyler getting bullied anyway? Something about this whole thing seems off to me.

There wasn’t any. After the shootings Adam  Kyler was like dylan threatened to kill me but nothing was said before...

Official school documents and tidbits probably say otherwise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4104
Contribution Points : 64743
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


That was the only Zach who left a note. Eric and Dylan  didn’t have anything to do with it. Devon was suspended for the hacking as well.

Zach was a bit of a hot head...

Scratching a locker is not bullying. It’s vandalism

And why didn’t Adam  Kyler go to the principals office or the police while the supposedly was going on? It was mentions after the shooting.

The note was from Zach to Devon's ex-boyfriend, but when the Dean spoke to police about the incident after the massacre he indicated that the note was part of the reason why they were all suspended, not just the hacking.

It was vandalism but it was targeted at the other student, hence the bullying. Apparently it was dispute with someone whose locker was near his. In his planner Dylan made a comment about, "Talk to (name redacted)---> buying locker front and moving fag away"

Also, Kyler and his mom did report the bullying before April 20th. According to them they reported it sometime in December of 1998 and Kyler said after they reported it the bullying stopped.

And I know you would never condone bullying. A lot of stuff in the 11k is not clear cut and open for interpretation.

That’s honestly something I’ve never heard So I absolutely appreciate you sharing that.

I do wonder if that was in retaliation to bullying?

I feel like violence begets violence and bullying begets but

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4104
Contribution Points : 64743
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:02 am

If the police were notified before the shooting Why did none of Dylan’s friends or families know?

I have to be honest I feel like Dylan retaliated Against bullying.


_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ivan



Posts : 3615
Contribution Points : 57903
Join date : 2013-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
If the police were notified before the shooting Why did none of Dylan’s  friends or families know?

I have to be honest I feel like Dylan retaliated Against bullying.

Dylan never retaliated against bullying, he seldom got bullied himself compared to Eric because he was "6 foot 4". Once again, why would a special needs kid who is smaller and weaker than Dylan seek him out? It doesn't make sense.

Dylan knew his Mom looked after special needs students and in my opinion picked on him as an indirect attack against his Mom. Perhaps he felt neglected by his Mother? That she cared more about children that weren't her own and it built up jealousy inside him?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelmar

avatar

Posts : 116
Contribution Points : 7965
Join date : 2018-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
If the police were notified before the shooting Why did none of Dylan’s  friends or families know?

I have to be honest I feel like Dylan retaliated Against bullying.


Sorry for the confusion. Adam and his mother reported the bullying to the school, not to the police. From the CR, pg 247
"He told me, along with his mother, that during November and December of 1998, suspect Klebold began harassing him at the school and had threatened him to the point where witness Susan Kyler reported the incident to school authorities who said they would take care of the problem and were aware of the problems caused by suspect Klebold. Witness Adam Kyler said after his mother reported this to the school authorities, he had no further problems with suspect Klebold.”

In regard to the locker incident, I think it could have been in retaliation for a conflict with the student whose locker it was or it could have been victim-bullying in that someone else was giving Dylan a hard time and he took it out on this kid. The main reason I'm not convinced of the former and sort of lean towards the latter is because this kid was a freshman and it seems as though a freshman would have to have some pretty big kahunas to pick on a junior, esp one as tall as Dylan.
From the CR, pg. 5707 (interview with Dean Peter Horvath)
That Peter has dealt with Dylan during the spring of 1998 for an incident where he was caught scratching “something” into a freshman’s locker door.
That Dylan became very agitated while waiting for his father to come to school to discuss the situation with Peter and began pacing around the room.
That when Peter attempted to talk to Dylan and calm him down, he advised that Dylan began cussing at him, although he did not personalize anything toward Peter.
That during the incident, Dylan advised that he was very upset with the school system and the way CHS handled people, to include people that picked on him and others.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 1525
Contribution Points : 26019
Join date : 2017-12-28
Age : 16
Location : My own personal Hell

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That’s murky if we use Dave Cullens term. Which I hate doing.  However I may be an odd ball and I don’t completely believe Adam Kyler s description of bullying by Dylan. I think something like that Sue would’ve known about.  I also don’t believe he came to school with a  swastika on his cheek. You would think that one of his friends would’ve said to wash it off.

Eric was a hot head so we know he often would lose his temper and it would be over smal things. Zach, Eric and Dylan “dubbed” freshmen and probably engaged in boyish name calling

I do believe bullying begets bullying. For me when I was bullied I would retaliate against anyone. So at times it seemed  like I was the bully


What reason would a special needs student have to lie about being bullied by Dylan?
To get his 15 minutes of attention and to make Dylan seem like an evil villain.

_________________
"Hungerford must be in a bit of a mess. I wish I had stayed in bed."

-Michael Ryan

"Loneliness has followed me for my whole life."

-Travis Bickle

"I don't have a single friend and I won't in the future. I'll be ignored because I'm ugly. I'm lower than trash because at least the trash gets recycled."

-Tomohiro Katō
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ivan



Posts : 3615
Contribution Points : 57903
Join date : 2013-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That’s murky if we use Dave Cullens term. Which I hate doing.  However I may be an odd ball and I don’t completely believe Adam Kyler s description of bullying by Dylan. I think something like that Sue would’ve known about.  I also don’t believe he came to school with a  swastika on his cheek. You would think that one of his friends would’ve said to wash it off.

Eric was a hot head so we know he often would lose his temper and it would be over smal things. Zach, Eric and Dylan “dubbed” freshmen and probably engaged in boyish name calling

I do believe bullying begets bullying. For me when I was bullied I would retaliate against anyone. So at times it seemed  like I was the bully


What reason would a special needs student have to lie about being bullied by Dylan?
To get his 15 minutes of attention and to make Dylan seem like an evil villain.
Why not make up a sexual fantasy like Brenda Parker while he's at it? Condoning Dylan's actions is disgusting. Please don't tell me you actually think he was entitled to kill other students because he looked "below average"?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 1525
Contribution Points : 26019
Join date : 2017-12-28
Age : 16
Location : My own personal Hell

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That’s murky if we use Dave Cullens term. Which I hate doing.  However I may be an odd ball and I don’t completely believe Adam Kyler s description of bullying by Dylan. I think something like that Sue would’ve known about.  I also don’t believe he came to school with a  swastika on his cheek. You would think that one of his friends would’ve said to wash it off.

Eric was a hot head so we know he often would lose his temper and it would be over smal things. Zach, Eric and Dylan “dubbed” freshmen and probably engaged in boyish name calling

I do believe bullying begets bullying. For me when I was bullied I would retaliate against anyone. So at times it seemed  like I was the bully


What reason would a special needs student have to lie about being bullied by Dylan?
To get his 15 minutes of attention and to make Dylan seem like an evil villain.
Why not make up a sexual fantasy like Brenda Parker while he's at it? Condoning Dylan's actions is disgusting. Please don't tell me you actually think he was entitled to kill other students because he looked "below average"?
No of course not. Where did you get that idea from? All I'm saying is that a lot of people lied about Eric and Dylan and just because the kid has special needs doesn't mean he's telling the truth.

_________________
"Hungerford must be in a bit of a mess. I wish I had stayed in bed."

-Michael Ryan

"Loneliness has followed me for my whole life."

-Travis Bickle

"I don't have a single friend and I won't in the future. I'll be ignored because I'm ugly. I'm lower than trash because at least the trash gets recycled."

-Tomohiro Katō
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Emanation of Darkness

avatar

Posts : 111
Contribution Points : 2340
Join date : 2018-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
If the police were notified before the shooting Why did none of Dylan’s  friends or families know?

I have to be honest I feel like Dylan retaliated Against bullying.

Dylan never retaliated against bullying, he seldom got bullied himself compared to Eric because he was "6 foot 4". Once again, why would a special needs kid who is smaller and weaker than Dylan seek him out? It doesn't make sense.

Dylan knew his Mom looked after special needs students and in my opinion picked on him as an indirect attack against his Mom. Perhaps he felt neglected by his Mother? That she cared more about children that weren't her own and it built up jealousy inside him?
Dylan was in a clique fanatically believing in ableist social Darwinism. Eric with his Natural Selection, Brooks worshiping Ayn Rand. He hated "moochers" and taxes. He was a far right extremist. He worshiped Nazis - Nazis first went after disabled people.
I think it was purely political violence.

_________________
"If the society has conscience to destroy an individual, it works in both directions, an individual can without any reluctance or remorse destroy the society."
Olga Hepnarova

"There can be no bystanders in the battle for survival. Anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"
Scriptorus Munificantus

"Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen."
Ezekiel 16:49
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2563
Contribution Points : 31794
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
He worshiped Nazis - Nazis first went after disabled people.

I'd like to know who you're getting your history lessons from because the first people the Nazis went after were communists. The entire reason Hitler was able to gain dictatorial powers was due to a communist burning down the Reichstag. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think it was purely political violence.

On what basis?

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 1525
Contribution Points : 26019
Join date : 2017-12-28
Age : 16
Location : My own personal Hell

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
He worshiped Nazis - Nazis first went after disabled people.

I'd like to know who you're getting your history lessons from because the first people the Nazis went after were communists. The entire reason Hitler was able to gain dictatorial powers was due to a communist burning down the Reichstag.
Well we don't actually know if the communists were responsible for burning down the Reichstag, there is some evidence that the Nazis burned it down themselves to blame on the Communist party.

_________________
"Hungerford must be in a bit of a mess. I wish I had stayed in bed."

-Michael Ryan

"Loneliness has followed me for my whole life."

-Travis Bickle

"I don't have a single friend and I won't in the future. I'll be ignored because I'm ugly. I'm lower than trash because at least the trash gets recycled."

-Tomohiro Katō
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2563
Contribution Points : 31794
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Bullying others?   Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
He worshiped Nazis - Nazis first went after disabled people.

I'd like to know who you're getting your history lessons from because the first people the Nazis went after were communists. The entire reason Hitler was able to gain dictatorial powers was due to a communist burning down the Reichstag.
Well we don't actually know if the communists were responsible for burning down the Reichstag, there is some evidence that the Nazis burned it down themselves to blame on the Communist party.

Yes, you're right. At the end of the day though the result was the same - the Nazis used the incident to go after communists and those on the far left.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Bullying others?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Logik

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: