Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Yorkshire Ripper - dead

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98593
Forum Reputation : 154

The Yorkshire Ripper - dead Empty
PostSubject: The Yorkshire Ripper - dead   The Yorkshire Ripper - dead Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 3:44 am

News over here that Pete Sutcliffe has finally died.

There’d be bits in the news every couple of years saying how ill he was, surprised he lasted as long as he did really.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Yorkshire Ripper - dead   The Yorkshire Ripper - dead Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 3:59 am

While I never took some time to look at his crimes, I remember reading about his impostor, the Wearside Jack, who recorded a tape and sent letters to officers pretending to be the Ripper. Really interesting.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: The Yorkshire Ripper - dead   The Yorkshire Ripper - dead Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 10:36 am

Ah yes, Wearside Jack. Because of him it threw the police off trail of the real Ripper and another 3 or 4 victims were claimed as they hunted for the wrong man.

If people think JeffCo were incompetent - you ain’t seen nothing til you look this case up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Yorkshire Ripper - dead   The Yorkshire Ripper - dead Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 12:24 pm

When some relatively famous serial killer dies in United Kingdom, is the media coverage generally high? Here in Brazil when serial killers dies media coverage is generally low. Altough I'm not talking they should deserve fame when they died, I think it's good to be informative when they die.

Per example, one serial killer here in Brazil who killed eight people, Ronis de Oliveira Bastos, got no coverage when he died in 2017. I didn't see it in any news website. I only got informed about his death by the Investigação Criminal video about him. Also, I think there will be only a footnote when Marcelo Costa de Andrade, the Vampire of Niterói (killed 14 children), dies. Maybe even Francisco de Assis Pereira will get very low coverage when he dies. Not sure about Pedrinho Matador though.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: The Yorkshire Ripper - dead   The Yorkshire Ripper - dead Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 1:51 pm

The media pick up on the more high profile serial killers like Sutcliffe, West, Brady, Hindley, Shipman etc.

To be honest I’m thinking that’s pretty much it now in terms of the really high profile ones who were still alive.

Ian Huntley will make the news now and then when he gets battered in prison by other inmates and Venables and Thompson on occasion hit the headlines but that’s about it. Neither of them three were actually serial killers either. They were child killers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Yorkshire Ripper - dead   The Yorkshire Ripper - dead Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 2:03 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
The media pick up on the more high profile serial killers like Sutcliffe, West, Brady, Hindley, Shipman etc.

To be honest I’m thinking that’s pretty much it now in terms of the really high profile ones who were still alive.

Ian Huntley will make the news now and then when he gets battered in prison by other inmates and Venables and Thompson on occasion hit the headlines but that’s about it. Neither of them three were actually serial killers either. They were child killers.
I see. Thanks!

Also, about Jon Venables, I think its really strange that he's massively protected by the justice system to the point no one can talk about how he looks like now. There are some pictures supposedly on Google that are described as Venables today, also there is a picture of the alleged Venables and a woman enjoying some ice cream. The problem for me is, I can't say they are Jon Venables, so that's it for me. Do you think the injuction will expire at some point for Venables? Also (a last question), is there any news of Thompson? Is he still free?

Greetings.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: The Yorkshire Ripper - dead   The Yorkshire Ripper - dead Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 2:15 pm

Venables will likely end up dead at some point before too long. He can’t seem to keep out of trouble.

I believe Thompson is now in a long term relationship with a guy (who knows about his past) and as far as I’m aware is leading a quiet life. I don’t think the injunction will ever be lifted. Apparently you can get in trouble for even attempting to find his new identity.
Back to top Go down
Rosie1756

Rosie1756

Contribution Points : 16321
Forum Reputation : 227

PostSubject: Re: The Yorkshire Ripper - dead   The Yorkshire Ripper - dead Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2022 12:46 am

Yorkshire Ripper is my favourite British serial killer, and he could well have killed more.
Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 30128
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: The Yorkshire Ripper - dead   The Yorkshire Ripper - dead Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2022 5:11 am

Rosie1756 wrote:
Yorkshire Ripper is my favourite British serial killer, and he could well have killed more.
I also find him to be the most interesting, but please don't use "favourite" to describe him. That is sometimes a red flag.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Yorkshire Ripper - dead   The Yorkshire Ripper - dead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Yorkshire Ripper - dead
Page 1 of 1