Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
 

 The Columbine Tag on Tumblr

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 6:27 pm

http://25.media.tumblr.com/d50993b3c3bddecc6e9bad8008f666ad/tumblr_mq9v90GBEm1s2bhl3o2_500.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/f36e62426bbbfd93266b7db484a022fd/tumblr_mq9v90GBEm1s2bhl3o3_r1_500.jpg

At Devon’s sixteenth birthday in July 1998, the pre-printed birthday card that Dylan gave her reads;

“What are the chances you’re getting a birthday present?" Inside, the cards says, “Between slim and nun." A tall, slim cowboy is next to a nun.

“Ahh a nice dab of mildly distasteful prewritten, pointless humor to brighten yer day AAAA?!!!," Dylan wrote.

And because Devon had totaled her 1973 Pontiac Ventura one week before her birthday Dylan added, “Happy B-Day. Don’t run me over or you’ll lose yer license and ill be pissed he he he."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 6:35 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/d50993b3c3bddecc6e9bad8008f666ad/tumblr_mq9v90GBEm1s2bhl3o2_500.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/f36e62426bbbfd93266b7db484a022fd/tumblr_mq9v90GBEm1s2bhl3o3_r1_500.jpg

At Devon’s sixteenth birthday in July 1998, the pre-printed birthday card that Dylan gave her reads;

“What are the chances you’re getting a birthday present?" Inside, the cards says, “Between slim and nun." A tall, slim cowboy is next to a nun.

“Ahh a nice dab of mildly distasteful prewritten, pointless humor to brighten yer day AAAA?!!!," Dylan wrote.

And because Devon had totaled her 1973 Pontiac Ventura one week before her birthday Dylan added, “Happy B-Day. Don’t run me over or you’ll lose yer license and ill be pissed he he he."

Thanks for posting my Tumblr post. Cool 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 6:35 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/d50993b3c3bddecc6e9bad8008f666ad/tumblr_mq9v90GBEm1s2bhl3o2_500.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/f36e62426bbbfd93266b7db484a022fd/tumblr_mq9v90GBEm1s2bhl3o3_r1_500.jpg

At Devon’s sixteenth birthday in July 1998, the pre-printed birthday card that Dylan gave her reads;

“What are the chances you’re getting a birthday present?" Inside, the cards says, “Between slim and nun." A tall, slim cowboy is next to a nun.

“Ahh a nice dab of mildly distasteful prewritten, pointless humor to brighten yer day AAAA?!!!," Dylan wrote.

And because Devon had totaled her 1973 Pontiac Ventura one week before her birthday Dylan added, “Happy B-Day. Don’t run me over or you’ll lose yer license and ill be pissed he he he."

Thanks for posting my Tumblr post. Cool 

No problem!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 6:36 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
Renee on Dylan during their theatre days and added she thought he was a bit strange because he hid in the shadows and did not like to be the center of attention. Although he could have been because he was so funny. I thought it was interesting how Brooks was a male gossiper which doesn't surprise me that much because maybe he got it from his mom who strikes me as a busybody.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/e504fb2c61651b48906d61f234911340/tumblr_mq5qnnoCLo1s2bhl3o2_r1_500.gif

Thanks for posting this here as well. Cool 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 6:57 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Renee on Dylan during their theatre days and added she thought he was a bit strange because he hid in the shadows and did not like to be the center of attention. Although he could have been because he was so funny. I thought it was interesting how Brooks was a male gossiper which doesn't surprise me that much because maybe he got it from his mom who strikes me as a busybody.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/e504fb2c61651b48906d61f234911340/tumblr_mq5qnnoCLo1s2bhl3o2_r1_500.gif

Thanks for posting this here as well. Cool 

No problem! Your tumblr has great information on Columbine and especially Dylan. I think it's safe to say that you are more interested in Dylan than Eric.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 7:48 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Renee on Dylan during their theatre days and added she thought he was a bit strange because he hid in the shadows and did not like to be the center of attention. Although he could have been because he was so funny. I thought it was interesting how Brooks was a male gossiper which doesn't surprise me that much because maybe he got it from his mom who strikes me as a busybody.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/e504fb2c61651b48906d61f234911340/tumblr_mq5qnnoCLo1s2bhl3o2_r1_500.gif

Thanks for posting this here as well. Cool 

CatherineM813 wrote:
No problem! Your tumblr has great information on Columbine and especially Dylan.

Thanks! Glad you find it informative.Very Happy  

CatherineM813 wrote:
I think it's safe to say that you are more interested in Dylan than Eric.

No, really?   You don't say..   ;)   No worries, there appears to be plenty of 'Team Eric' out there.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 881
Contribution Points : 74736
Forum Reputation : 81
Join date : 2013-03-18

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 1:46 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Renee on Dylan during their theatre days and added she thought he was a bit strange because he hid in the shadows and did not like to be the center of attention. Although he could have been because he was so funny. I thought it was interesting how Brooks was a male gossiper which doesn't surprise me that much because maybe he got it from his mom who strikes me as a busybody.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dylan really did seem like he would never be at ease with being the center of attention in most situations. He seemed shy and it appears that he preferred to only be close with a select few. I get the sense that he wasn't comfortable with others who incessantly needed that sort of constant adulation, either.

Brooks does seem to be a bit of a yapper. This girl's comments about him are actually kind of funny!

Thank you again for sharing this, CatherineM813.


Welcome and agreed about Brooks. I like Brooks and am thankful for writing an excellent and truthful book about Columbine and all the information he's given researchers over the years. But I wish I had a dime for everytime he goes into the story with Eric before the shooting started. Plus I wonder why he was so pissed off at Eric for missing a test that he felt the need to curse him out.

I also appreciate his book, and despite their frequency, most of his contributions to interviews and so on. Sometimes I wonder why he dwells on the interaction with Eric the morning of the massacre, but I realize that the entire tragedy haunts him to this day, so he can't help but cling to it. Perhaps he got on Eric's case about the test because he was shocked that he'd miss it in the first place. That was very out of character for him to miss a major test that would be counted toward such a large percentage of his GPA for that class.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 2:10 am

I could see why Eric letting Brooks go was a huge deal for him because for a long time Eric wanted to kill Brooks the most out of anyone in my opinion and given the chance he decided not too. I think it was a combination of it might have messed up his plan and them finally making up. Plus Eric knew how close Dylan and Brooks were growing up so maybe it was also out of loyalty and respect. However I
Wonder if Eric had seen Brooks inside the school would things have been different if the ultimate decision not to kill him was only due to the fact that it might mess up the plan.

I can understand why Brooks would be suprised that Eric wasn't present for the class considering his type A personality but I wouldn't have gotten pissed off by it.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 881
Contribution Points : 74736
Forum Reputation : 81
Join date : 2013-03-18

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 2:34 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
I could see why Eric letting Brooks go was a huge deal for him because for a long time Eric wanted to kill Brooks the most out of anyone in my opinion and given the chance he decided not too. I think it was a combination of it might have messed up his plan and them finally making up. Plus Eric knew how close Dylan and Brooks were growing up so maybe it was also out of loyalty and respect. However I
Wonder if Eric had seen Brooks inside the school would things have been different if the ultimate decision not to kill him was only due to the fact that it might mess up the plan.

I can understand why Brooks would be suprised that Eric wasn't present for the class considering his type A personality but I wouldn't have gotten pissed off by it.


Yeah, his pissed off reaction was probably just his over dramatic way of dealing with probably close to everything. I get the feeling he may be like that very often. I am sure that element in his character/behavior is one of the (many) things that irked Eric about him. hahahaha!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 12:31 am

Picture of Brad Johnson (jock and Senior)
http://25.media.tumblr.com/c760dc8430df97437dec45799bb0bf84/tumblr_mqixmqY6Yc1suowtqo1_500.jpg

I feel guilty because I keep hearing they were after jocks… I would have gone in there and I would have given my life for those innocent little kids, the little freshmen and sophomores.

That's a really nice thing of him to say. And I always wonder why E/D never went to the locker room that morning where all the jocks were.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 3:26 am

A very profound and beautiful poem that was found on Eric's computer. I wonder who he was talking about.  

Did you ever love someone and knew they didn't care?
Did you ever feel like crying but knew you'd get nowhere?
Did you ever close your eyes and say a little prayer?
Did you ever look into their hearts and wish you were there?
Did you ever watch them walk away and not wanting to let them go?
And whisper god I love you and never tell them so
You cry all night in misery and almost go insane
There's nothing in this world that would cause you so much pain
I say don't fall in love you'll get it hurt before it's through
You see I should know cause I fell in love with you
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 6:56 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
A very profound and beautiful poem that was found on Eric's computer. I wonder who he was talking about.  

Did you ever love someone and knew they didn't care?
Did you ever feel like crying but knew you'd get nowhere?
Did you ever close your eyes and say a little prayer?
Did you ever look into their hearts and wish you were there?
Did you ever watch them walk away and not wanting to let them go?
And whisper god I love you and never tell them so
You cry all night in misery and almost go insane
There's nothing in this world that would cause you so much pain
I say don't fall in love you'll get it hurt before it's through
You see I should know cause I fell in love with you


I wonder how he came across the poem..   Somehow can't see him looking at poetry websites. *g*

http://www.best-love-poems.com/poems.php?id=37592
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:47 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
Picture of Brad Johnson (jock and Senior)
http://25.media.tumblr.com/c760dc8430df97437dec45799bb0bf84/tumblr_mqixmqY6Yc1suowtqo1_500.jpg

I feel guilty because I keep hearing they were after jocks… I would have gone in there and I would have given my life for those innocent little kids, the little freshmen and sophomores.

That's a really nice thing of him to say. And I always wonder why E/D never went to the locker room that morning where all the jocks were.

The reason they didn't do that was because Columbine wasn't just "outcasts take revenge on bully jocks". It was far more complicated than that.
'
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:12 am

highwayhypnosis wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Picture of Brad Johnson (jock and Senior)
http://25.media.tumblr.com/c760dc8430df97437dec45799bb0bf84/tumblr_mqixmqY6Yc1suowtqo1_500.jpg

I feel guilty because I keep hearing they were after jocks… I would have gone in there and I would have given my life for those innocent little kids, the little freshmen and sophomores.

That's a really nice thing of him to say. And I always wonder why E/D never went to the locker room that morning where all the jocks were.

The reason they didn't do that was because Columbine wasn't just "outcasts take revenge on bully jocks". It was far more complicated than that.
'

Granted, it should've been more about revenge on the jocks as E & D did yell "everyone with the white hats get up!" I understand that they were attacking the school as a whole - as a symbol, a societal entity or embodiment of their hatred - but I do find myself wondering at times why they spent so much time in the cafeteria, library and science area and did not touch the gymnasium, weight rooms,  etc.  If the bombs failed in the cafeteria, why not go to the gym area next off?  Why the library?  Hell, why not put propane bombs in the gym area as well as the cafeteria?  I mean, there was an extra propane bomb found in the kitchen  (I don't recall if it was an active bomb though).  I speculate that E & D may have had a bit more reservations going against the jocks as a whole because maybe they had a bit of fear they'd be jumped, ganged up on or fought into submission.  *shrugs* I don't know but that's one of things about Columbine that doesn't make a whole lot of sense - the fact that E & D had such a loathing for jocks and yet they opted for just killing any stranger that came there way.  Why not have your cake and eat it too if you're taking revenge?  Why not seek out jocks for target practice? Ack!  It's so disappointing! ;)(you can tell I just love jocks..)

Yeah, I know, I'm off topic!
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Posts : 320
Contribution Points : 75651
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-20
Location : US

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:28 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
I speculate that E & D may have had a bit more reservations going against the jocks as a whole because maybe they had a bit of fear they'd be jumped, ganged up on or fought into submission.

And imagine how much worse they would have felt had the jocks stopped NBK. Also, when Evan Todd (jock) was directly in the line of fire, they walked away from him. I wonder if there wasn't some fear even then. Or maybe they just didn't care anymore. But that has always puzzled me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:02 am

I guess I worded it wrong. I know E/D wanted to attack and get revenge on CHS as a whole but I've just always wondered why they didn't  make more of an effort that morning to kill jocks other than announcing all jocks stand up. But maybe they were just more worried and afraid of what they might do to them and that's why they went after the easier targets.

Perhaps they placed the bombs under or near the jock tables and that could be why they didn't feel there was a need to go in the locker room that morning.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:48 am

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Posts : 2963
Contribution Points : 90533
Forum Reputation : 774
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 11:35 am

What does that cake say on it?

_________________
"In the sun I feel as one".
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 12:16 pm

Even though this doesn't have anything to do with Columbine, I thought it was pretty interesting.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/71660ca06089122fe9ee527514370417/tumblr_mrdgzvoSXv1r4dxplo1_500.png
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 1:11 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
Even though this doesn't have anything to do with Columbine, I thought it was pretty interesting.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/71660ca06089122fe9ee527514370417/tumblr_mrdgzvoSXv1r4dxplo1_500.png
Yes, I saw that one too.   I like how it says Dylan is friendly and he likes to cuddle.    lol!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 1:14 pm

@Jenn wrote:
What does that cake say on it?
I think it says "He's" in light blue and then "Open to See"

boy or girl baby cake. I think she had announced girl though.
Back to top Go down
carrie12



Posts : 71
Contribution Points : 75193
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-30

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:09 am

Hey, where does the "allegedly byron" pic come from? I have never seen it before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:30 am

@carrie12 wrote:
Hey, where does the "allegedly byron" pic come from? I have never seen it before.
The alleged photo comes from his alleged wife Julie Pence on her Facebook.  ;)
Back to top Go down
carrie12



Posts : 71
Contribution Points : 75193
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-30

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:51 pm

I "allegedly" thank you for the info!lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 6:07 pm

Bitch" (2) vs. Klebold (1) Gym class = battle zone

Dylan Klebold always seemed to be more of a follower, a quiet boy caught up in Harris’ spell. But his temper could flash. Tara Zobjeck, who had a gym class with Klebold, remembers that he kept tackling people roughly when they were playing tag football. "One time I yelled at him, I just told him to knock it off," she said. "Bitch!" he screamed at her.
Source

Sophomore Tara Zobjeck and other students describe the trench coat group as socially maladapted students who occasionally, but not constantly, were picked on. But like other students, Zobjeck recalled a disturbing encounter.

Last year, she said, she and Klebold were in a coed gym class. She said Klebold had a habit of shoving girls to the ground, even tackling them, during flag-football games. Finally, she yelled at him to knock it off, and he turned on her.

"He was like a loner in that class," she said. “Nobody liked him. And he hated me, because I yelled at him. And then he started bothering me, calling me a bitch and basically yelling at me and stuff.”
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 6:08 pm

Wills reported that he knew of Harris and Klebold, but did not associate with them. Once he threatened to kick Dylan’s ass for calling his girlfriend, Tara a “Bitch”. He threatened to kick Dylan’s ass because his girlfriend told him Dylan was giving her a bad time on campus. Wills reported that the football players didn’t like the “Trench Coat” people because they would do things that would make students “sick”, like “really make out in the halls.” He said the jocks just didn’t think the things they stood for was cool. Wills reported that he did not see any of the incident. Matthew Wills told me that he knew Evan Todd, a friend was in the library during the shooting. Todd has been interviewed. Wills also reported that he walked past the cafeteria on his way out of the school and noticed nothing usual.

I talked to Tara Zobjeck, Wills girlfriend. She has been previously interviewed. She told me that Dylan had been calling her a bitch on campus because of a dispute that occurred in gym class. She told her boyfriend, Wills about her being called a bitch. Wills then told Dylan he would kick his ass, the name calling stopped.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 5:42 am

@StinkyOldGrapes wrote:
Hale-Bopp wrote:
I probably have a new favourite site on tumblr.
Hell, these girls are crazy Laughing
On that page, there is a link "Hybristophilia hater? Read these posts"

Did you read those?

I'd be interested to know how people people justify their animosity towards these girls after reading those posts.

I suppose these type of girls are just easy targets to attack, much like E/D were just easy targets for people at their school.

People love to find someone they can hate.
I just gotta say dudes, the chick who produced that blog has a good point on the subject. All of us have thoughts such as those posted. Perhaps not as extreme as certain entries have stated, but nevertheless, I'm going to be honest. Thoughts of that nature have entered my mind. I personally wouldn't have posted my photo and name as the administrator did, but hey, different folks, different strokes. This female obviously DOES NOT GIVE A FUCK regarding the harsh stigma attached to this subject, and for that, I salute her.  
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 881
Contribution Points : 74736
Forum Reputation : 81
Join date : 2013-03-18

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 6:55 am

I'm going to share something in this thread, and by doing so I am not trying to dispute anyone's personal views, any of your overall points, or even get into that specific blog as a whole, or the person who runs it. However, I do feel that what I am about to share essentially summarizes a large majority of the submissions that blog receives, as well as way too many people on tumblr (particularly in the columbine tag); a good portion of whom all suddenly claim to be "hybristophiliacs".

This is an anonymous comment that was sent into a relatively well known true crime blog. The person running said blog's answer, once again, encapsulates a lot of this quite adequately:

****
anonymous asked: "what's your view on hybristophilia?? personally i don't get it myself, like sometimes i can be really intrigued by what a certain individual has done/why they did it, but i could never be sexually attracted to them. i'm just curious about what you think..."


"You can’t help who your attracted to, but I think loads of people use hybristrophilia as an excuse to find certain killers attractive. If you find somebody, who has killed somebody, attractive then you don’t necessarily have hybristrophilia, there is a certain criteria to fall into the category as a hypristrophiliac, which is what 80% of those that claim to have it don’t understand. Just because you find somebody aesthetically pleasing that has killed somebody doesn’t mean you suffer from it, it just means you find somebody attractive. Countless people, especially on tumblr, seem to have jumped on the bandwagon of claiming to suffer from it."

****


A definition:

hybristophilia
In psychiatry, a sexual perversion in which sexual arousal is dependent upon the partner being a criminal or known to have committed some heinous act against another.
On rare occasions, its expression takes the form of inducing the sexual partner to commit a crime that is almost certain to lead to imprisonment.



From what I understand, hybristophilia describes sexual arousal and attraction to someone DUE to the fact that they have committed a heinous crime (the types of crimes are within a wide range, it's not simply murderers, but those are the sorts you hear the most about).

With so many people saying they hate what Dylan and Eric did, or repeatedly saying "they don't condone their actions", how in the world are they "hybristophiliacs"?

Someone who legitimately has such a paraphilia IS turned on by the fact that someone committed a crime or crimes. Simply thinking someone is cute, but endlessly making excuses for what they did, and saying you don't agree with it is NOT hybristophilia. According to the actual definition of one, a hybristophiliac will blatantly admit that they are aroused by the crime(s). A hybristophiliac would LOVE that Dylan and Eric killed people. That is what the attraction would be based on---NOT thinking one or both of them are cute and feeling sorry for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StinkyOldGrapes



Posts : 251
Contribution Points : 73447
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-06-12
Location : Planet Earth

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Someone who legitimately has such a paraphilia IS turned on by the fact that someone committed a crime or crimes. Simply thinking someone is cute, but endlessly making excuses for what they did, and saying you don't agree with it is NOT hybristophilia. According to the actual definition of one, a hybristophiliac will blatantly admit that they are aroused by the crime(s). A hybristophiliac would LOVE that Dylan and Eric killed people. That is what the attraction would be based on---NOT thinking one or both of them are cute and feeling sorry for them.
I agree that most E/D fans don't condone what E/D did, but would many of those fans still find E/D attractive if they hadn't done it?

If they met these two as teenagers, they would probably like them and may even hit on them, but would E/D still be as special as they are now?

Some E/D fans may not be sexually aroused by the murders E/D committed, but many of them appear to be sexually aroused by the thought of helping two homicidal teenagers. They may not want them to actually go through with the killing, but they appear to be attracted to the fact that they are seriously homicidal.

Some hybristophiles appear to be attracted to people who have murdered, other hybristophiles appear to be attracted to people who are seriously considering or are seriously capable of murder.

I don't want to offend anyone! There are many different fangirls/fanboys, and I wish them all peace!

_________________
I bring NOTHING to the table.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StinkyOldGrapes



Posts : 251
Contribution Points : 73447
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-06-12
Location : Planet Earth

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:17 pm

Also, this post on that website:

This is a hate-free zone.
If you’re going to rip on my people and their confessions, don’t be an anonymous coward. Come talk to me about it mano a mano.

Give everyone the respect they deserve. This is my blog and you will be friendly or you will remove yourself. If you find material objectionable, you can either block this blog from appearing, or you can come drop a note in my ask about why you dislike the material and we can talk about it like civilized human beings.

This blog does contain adult material. Therefore, I’m assuming that you are an adult.

Act like one.


LOL. I love this! So hilarious.

_________________
I bring NOTHING to the table.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:55 pm

As Chad [Laughlin] pulled out Dylan Klebold was pulling into the lot, alone, in his black BMW. Chad saw that Dylan was wearing his black trenchcoat. Chad “flipped off” Dylan as a friendly greeting, then drove out of the lot….Chad found out about the shootings about one hour later when his mom paged him.

Chad has known Dylan Klebold since grade school, about 10 years. Chad speaks to Dylan and Eric Harris on a daily basis and is friends with them. Chad has two classes with Dylan. Chad states Dylan and Eric are always friendly to him. Chad has never heard either Dylan or Eric talk about any kind of violence or about any of their philosophies. Chad stated that Dylan wears a trench coat once in a while, but usually wears a T-shirt and jeans. Chad runs the fantasy baseball and football leagues that Dylan and Eric are heavily involved in. When Chad talks to Dylan it is usually about baseball. Chad has not been at Dylan’s house since 6th grade. Chad does not associate with Dylan or Eric outside of school. Dylan was at Chad’s house a month ago working on a school project.

Chad feels that Dylan and Eric were the most normal of the trench coat group.

Chad stated that about one year ago, when parking spaces were being assigned for their senior year, Dylan and Eric arrived at the school at about 3:30 am in order to get spaces close to the school.

Chad worked with Eric for about one month almost a year ago at Tortilla Wraps at Southwest Plaza.

Chad stated that Dylan and Eric usually sit alone in the cafeteria.

Chad drove to Wyoming last summer to buy fireworks. Klebold gave Chad an order for about $80 worth of fireworks.

Chad provided a copy of a page from his junior yearbook that both Dylan and Eric signed. Part of Eric’s writing appears to be in German. {pictured above}

(from Chad Laughlin’s statement JC-001-000954 - 57)
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq



Posts : 709
Contribution Points : 76237
Forum Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : England

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
What does that cake say on it?
"He?" or "Me?" at the top then "Open To See" possibly referring to the present shaped cake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 3:29 pm

Someone on Tumblr posted this claiming that Dylan shot his own car in the parking.  This seem to be the case of  two animated images being slapped together to embellish as if this is 'insider' information. Dylan's car wasn't even directly facing the direction CHS windows. And, of course, no body can even make out who or what is in the window. People will see what they want to believe, I guess. lol


The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Tumblr_mrql40mRan1snchjro1_400

XX:

Dylan shooting at his car.

XXX:
Well anon, I don’t have to find the video… Someone giffed it.




Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:31 am


Klebold also had helped stage school musicals. Last Saturday, just three days before his deadly spree, he put on a tuxedo and took a date to the senior prom.

"He was all decked out - he looked kind of good," said former friend Nick Baumgart, who grew up with Klebold and Harris.

"Dylan was a smart kid, a good kid. Shy, always respectful and really really bright," said Baumgart, a senior at Columbine. "His parents were people I admired and respected."

"Eric was always different," said Baumgart. "Smart, but he didn’t think before he did things."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 2:39 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:

Klebold also had helped stage school musicals. Last Saturday, just three days before his deadly spree, he put on a tuxedo and took a date to the senior prom.

"He was all decked out - he looked kind of good," said former friend Nick Baumgart, who grew up with Klebold and Harris.

"Dylan was a smart kid, a good kid. Shy, always respectful and really really bright," said Baumgart, a senior at Columbine. "His parents were people I admired and respected."

"Eric was always different," said Baumgart. "Smart, but he didn’t think before he did things."
I just love that you keep posting stuff from off my Tumblr. ;) Happy Belated Bday btw.
Back to top Go down
rebgirl

rebgirl

Posts : 44
Contribution Points : 75496
Forum Reputation : 31
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : Quebec,Canada

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:29 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
Someone on Tumblr posted this claiming that Dylan shot his own car in the parking.  This seem to be the case of  two animated images being slapped together to embellish as if this is 'insider' information. Dylan's car wasn't even directly facing the direction CHS windows. And, of course, no body can even make out who or what is in the window. People will see what they want to believe, I guess. lol


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

XX:

Dylan shooting at his car.

XXX:
Well anon, I don’t have to find the video… Someone giffed it.




I put the video of Dylan's car in the video section in the forum..Smile

_________________
("Good wombs hath borne bad sons.") " Eric Harris "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 10:12 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:

Klebold also had helped stage school musicals. Last Saturday, just three days before his deadly spree, he put on a tuxedo and took a date to the senior prom.

"He was all decked out - he looked kind of good," said former friend Nick Baumgart, who grew up with Klebold and Harris.

"Dylan was a smart kid, a good kid. Shy, always respectful and really really bright," said Baumgart, a senior at Columbine. "His parents were people I admired and respected."

"Eric was always different," said Baumgart. "Smart, but he didn’t think before he did things."
I just love that you keep posting stuff from off my Tumblr.  ;)  Happy Belated Bday btw.
Welcome and thank you! You and Thedragonrampant always have really interesting posts. It's refreshing to see those instead of the typical fan girl attitude and people attacking and judging others for being interested in Columbine and E/D. It kills me how close-minded and judgemental people can be.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 3:21 pm

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Tumblr_mrjkk7VBwA1snchjro1_250

Is this from Radioactive Clothing? I dont remember that scene....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Thank you very much for the compliment, Catherine. Smile Figured there were enough fangirls to go around already, so I do try to post some actual case-stuff or opinions that aren't of the "they're so pretty"-variety.

Hale-Bopp, that's definitely from Radioactive Clothing. In this particular cut of the video, it's the very first scene. (I've seen this video way too many times, lol. Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 1:06 pm

I love how three of my different gifs from my tumblr have made it on this website Smile The one of their bodies, Dylan shooting at his car, and the one where Dylan throws clothes into a washing machine, which was a part of Radioactive Clothing. And for the gif where Dylan shoots at his car, I got it from an Italian documentary. I didn't splice the two images together. The video claimed that it was him shooting at his car, so I took it's word for it.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 2:44 pm

Roasted Gnomes wrote:
And for the gif where Dylan shoots at his car, I got it from an Italian documentary. I didn't splice the two images together. The video claimed that it was him shooting at his car, so I took it's word for it.
I kind of wonder what the Italian documentary makers narrative was in that bit. By putting those two separate video images together were they insinuating that Dylan shot at his car?  That's just not the case. I guess this just means we can't really buy everything we see fed to us by the media.  Dave Cullen is a great example of that. ;)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 1:51 am

Eric's entry in Sara Arbogast's (?) yearbook

http://24.media.tumblr.com/a8e6625427af9afb4c51d0607a7231d3/tumblr_msa14vgxBE1spiw5no1_r2_400.jpg

Sara,
Hey babey, don’t tell josh I said that! Ha, we are seniors wooooohoooooo. Gott weiss ich will kein engel sein. Drop me a line sometime, (phone number) summer better be cool. Good luck in life, josh is cool so stay with him. Don’t get dead.
“Wake me up in anarchy”
“Natural selection needs a boost, like me with a shotgun”
“It’s only cool if I say so, it only sucks if I say it does”
-Reb- Eric Harris

Only Eric would write stuff like this in someone's yearbook. Very different writing style than what he wrote in Adam Pasti's yearbook when leaving Plattsburgh.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 2:33 am

"Gott weiss ich will kein engel sein." (God knows I want to be an angel.)
I'm sorry, but that sounds so odd for Eric to write.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 3:32 am

Wow that is really odd of Eric to write. It's also really old that in article I believe it was Sara A said that Eric was just like the good little Christian kid out of all of them.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 4:43 am

VictorianDoll wrote:
"Gott weiss ich will kein engel sein." (God knows I want to be an angel.)
I'm sorry, but that sounds so odd for Eric to write.
It's a quote from Rammstein's song 'Engel', if it helps? The translation of it should be "God knows I don't want to be an angel". I don't think it's an oddity in his writings, especially when taking (part of) the lyrics into account:

Who in their lifetime is good on Earth
will become an angel after death
you look to the sky and ask
why can't you see them

Only once the clouds have gone to sleep
can you see us in the sky
we are afraid and alone

God knows I don't want to be an angel
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:28 am

Thanks for clearing that up!!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:08 pm

Eric's sixth grade class picture. He looked like such a cute and innocent child. Sad 

http://31.media.tumblr.com/d322ce55c3600c37e9f7176c98d41aea/tumblr_msbf51xzxK1sgghmeo1_500.jpg
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:11 pm

I always wonder what happened that made them make such an unfortunate and drastic change.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c3dcd3e08784bb5b06c0d696ba30678f/tumblr_msa6dwFJ6i1sy86r3o1_500.jpg
Back to top Go down
 
The Columbine Tag on Tumblr
Back to top 
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: