Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr

Go down 
+57
worm
novaprospekt
Rebbie556
23september
Gonz
Draw_It_White
starrwilliams
the_infidel
Sokushinbutsu
anarchy
cicero
Lizpuff
thenight_watchman
BlackandWhite
Holloka
21stcenturyreality
NoMaD
bubbles
ThoughtBox
Rebdomine
slippy123
eli27
Violenta
REBxVoDKa
WendlaBergman
LPorter101
gutenfxckintag
perpetual state
Undyne
PaintItBlack
jettfyre80
Mj2beat
JayJay
maninthebox
Moseley
deathmedic
rik75
em81
lasttrain
deelightful
Juicy Jazzy
JDM87
fatlittleparasite
MarmaladeSkies
rebgirl
carrie12
tfsa47090
Wideawake
StinkyOldGrapes
areyoulistening
queenfarooq
Laeda
Scypek
tragedy79
philosopher_king
Jenn
BurnIt
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102187
Forum Reputation : 10

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 6:00 pm

Moseley wrote:
Okay that's for sure a still picture I've never seen before. That could be the basement tapes right?
This is from Radioactive Clothing.
Back to top Go down
Moseley

Contribution Points : 95707
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 6:03 pm

queenfarooq wrote:
Moseley wrote:
Okay that's for sure a still picture I've never seen before. That could be the basement tapes right?
This is from Radioactive Clothing.
Dammit, I'm pretty lousy at this. I guess it would have been too much of a tease for them to give us a still photo.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118575
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 8:34 pm

Seriously people, I don't know how many times I've said it but links that lead to personal social network profiles is not allowed on this forum. Please do not post any links that lead to someone's personal profile. It is stated in the rules, it is stated in the new thread my moderator made and it has been said many times on the board. If this does not stop I will have no choice but to disable your ability to post links. I am not trying to be mean or a bitch, but it is getting to the point where I am talking and talking and people just aren't listening and are disrespecting my rules. And it isn't fair that my moderator has to come up behind those who don't want to follow the rules and clean up your links.

This will be the last time she will be doing it. The next time a link is posted that directs to someone's personal profile, the post will be deleted and I will disable your ability to post links. I've given enough warnings about this. When I say I want no personal social media profiles posted on my forum, I mean it.

Jenna horse dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 8:37 pm

See here for rules and information regarding links to Tumblr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 2:03 pm

rebgirl wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
Someone on Tumblr posted this claiming that Dylan shot his own car in the parking.  This seem to be the case of  two animated images being slapped together to embellish as if this is 'insider' information. Dylan's car wasn't even directly facing the direction CHS windows. And, of course, no body can even make out who or what is in the window. People will see what they want to believe, I guess. lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

XX:

Dylan shooting at his car.

XXX:
Well anon, I don’t have to find the video… Someone giffed it.

I found this sequence in an Italian documentary .. and I found the new Eric's photo too..Very Happy 

The image seems to be from this at the 1:00min mark, also interesting is the 4:04ish mark.
Back to top Go down
rebgirl

rebgirl

Contribution Points : 101446
Forum Reputation : 31

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 1:35 pm

queenfarooq wrote:
rebgirl wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
Someone on Tumblr posted this claiming that Dylan shot his own car in the parking.  This seem to be the case of  two animated images being slapped together to embellish as if this is 'insider' information. Dylan's car wasn't even directly facing the direction CHS windows. And, of course, no body can even make out who or what is in the window. People will see what they want to believe, I guess. lol

XX:

Dylan shooting at his car.

XXX:
Well anon, I don’t have to find the video… Someone giffed it.

I found this sequence in an Italian documentary .. and I found the new Eric's photo too..Very Happy 

The image seems to be from this at the 1:00min mark, also interesting is the 4:04ish mark.
yes I take from this italian documentary...Smile

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 2:46 pm

rebgirl wrote:
yes I take from this italian documentary...Smile
I thought it may be Smile I have never watched the whole video but I think i will do some time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Does anyone know which documentary these awesome, clear animated gifs are taken from?

The logo says "People Arts" at the top right.  I've searched around and can't seem to locate this particular Columbine documentary. I believe the created of these gifs alluded that it was a spanish documentary.  Would like to see this one - even though I won't understand a word of it!  tongue 

Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 4:36 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
Does anyone know which documentary these awesome, clear animated gifs are taken from?

The logo says "People Arts" at the top right.  I've searched around and can't seem to locate this particular Columbine documentary. I believe the created of these gifs alluded that it was a spanish documentary.  Would like to see this one - even though I won't understand a word of it!  tongue 

These are great quality, particularly the one of Dylan walking down the CHS stairs, the copy I have have of this clip is pretty bad quality.

But from what I know there was a Latin American Channel called "People and Arts."  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
There is some more information about the channel here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (it can be translated from Spanish to English) Also the Logo for this 'People and Arts' Channel looks the same as the one in those gifs. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] So it's very likely that the clips are from a show on this channel. I wouldn't know how to search the channels archives especially as it is no longer under the same name, but i'm sure if someone knows what they are doing it may not be too difficult.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 6:52 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:

These are taken from this documentary which I think it is known as 'Columbine: Lost Boys', [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  you can see Dylan at 1:12 and 7:56, it is the Latin Spanish version of the documentary. And here it is another documentary about Columbine in Spanish version which I could not find in English [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 7:15 pm

Nein wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:

These are taken from this documentary which I think it is known as 'Columbine: Lost Boys', [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  you can see Dylan at 1:12 and 7:56, it is the Latin Spanish version of the documentary. And here it is another documentary about Columbine in Spanish version which I could not find in English [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Yeah that looks like the one. Great find Smile 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 8:00 pm

queenfarooq wrote:
Nein wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:

Yeah that looks like the one. Great find Smile 
Aaaahhh.. Ok, I've seen Lost Boys a few times but now I see it's the same show only in Spanish with the People&Arts slapped on the top right.  Thanks for resolving this!  Damn, this means..no new documentary to  watch. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 1:07 am

“He actually did at one time. In fact, even Judy Brown collaborated that to me a few weeks ago when I met her at an anniversary dinner for Columbine. Dylan had had a crush on her. I don’t know where that went. Rachel had actually tried to be friends with Dylan, not in a boyfriend-girlfriend kind of deal. She was a kind person. When everything went wrong for Dylan, I guess he kind of turned on her. Rachel was known as a Christian at Columbine and there was a lot of hate about Christians and Jews. They fed their anger. They had to keep it at a level and to do that they fed it through books, games, movies, very violent sources. They kept up this mock bravery or toughness and they fed one another with it. They had to keep that anger at a certain level in order for them to seed the plan they did. I know when Rachel was performing one night at a variety show, her tape got garbled. It was Dylan in the sound booth. I was told that he was so anxious to get that right because she was performing a mime during the tape. I think it was kind of a love-hate thing. He hated her for her Christian point of view, but, at the same time he was drawn to her because she was a kind person.”

— Beth Nimmo, mother to Rachel Scott, when asked if Dylan Klebold had a crush on her daughter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 1:10 am

Under their table, Jessica and Amber held hands and prayed, through the gunfire, through the screams. Through the killers’ laughter.
“In that moment, all you can do is pray that they won’t shoot you, pray that you won’t die,” Jessica said. “You’re not ready to die.”
Jessica had seen Dylan Klebold with the gun before she ducked under the table, and it was difficult for her to reconcile that image with the quiet kid she knew.
“It couldn’t be Dylan,” she thought, even though she knew it was.
Dylan had been in her government class the semester before. He sat right in front of her, so they talked, mostly about homework. He would pass papers back. It couldn’t have been Dylan.
Later, she found out that the other boy was Eric Harris. That was just as hard to believe.
Eric’s older brother, Kevin, was her brother Derek’s best friend. Kevin was a great guy, like another brother to her. Eric had eaten dinner at her house once.
Later, when it was over, Kevin Harris came to see her.
“Are you OK?” he asked. And then, “Was it really my brother?”
And Jessica said yes, but she wouldn’t say more. She felt sorry for Kevin, for all he suffered. But that couldn’t change what Eric had done.
Later, she told her parents how she thought about standing up and telling Eric and Dylan to stop, as if reason might have been bullet-proof. Maybe they wouldn’t have killed her, because they both knew her.

-Rocky mountain News article on Jessica Holliday. The “face” of the tradgedy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 1:17 am

“One thing which stuck out in my mind was a group presentation Eric was part of. His group did a small portrayal of what it was like to mummify someone. Well, Eric was the mummy and I remember when for the presentation he was carried in by the other group with just gym shorts on, no shirt, socks, or anything, just these small gym shorts. Eric was very thin and had a sunken chest and I was incredibly shocked to see him doing that in front of the class. I couldn’t have imagined taking off my shirt in front of my classmates, and it just made me think "he just doesn’t give a fuck about anything”

— Former columbine student that was on Eric and Dylan’s shit list. - Reddit.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 4:42 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
“He actually did at one time. In fact, even Judy Brown collaborated that to me a few weeks ago when I met her at an anniversary dinner for Columbine. Dylan had had a crush on her. I don’t know where that went. Rachel had actually tried to be friends with Dylan, not in a boyfriend-girlfriend kind of deal. She was a kind person. When everything went wrong for Dylan, I guess he kind of turned on her. Rachel was known as a Christian at Columbine and there was a lot of hate about Christians and Jews. They fed their anger. They had to keep it at a level and to do that they fed it through books, games, movies, very violent sources. They kept up this mock bravery or toughness and they fed one another with it. They had to keep that anger at a certain level in order for them to seed the plan they did. I know when Rachel was performing one night at a variety show, her tape got garbled. It was Dylan in the sound booth. I was told that he was so anxious to get that right because she was performing a mime during the tape. I think it was kind of a love-hate thing. He hated her for her Christian point of view, but, at the same time he was drawn to her because she was a kind person.”

—   Beth Nimmo, mother to Rachel Scott, when asked if Dylan Klebold had a crush on her daughter  
CatherineM813 wrote:
“One thing which stuck out in my mind was a group presentation Eric was part of. His group did a small portrayal of what it was like to mummify someone. Well, Eric was the mummy and I remember when for the presentation he was carried in by the other group with just gym shorts on, no shirt, socks, or anything, just these small gym shorts. Eric was very thin and had a sunken chest and I was incredibly shocked to see him doing that in front of the class. I couldn’t have imagined taking off my shirt in front of my classmates, and it just made me think "he just doesn’t give a fuck about anything”

—   Former columbine student that was on Eric and Dylan’s shit list. - Reddit.  
Thanks for these two quotes CatherineM813, I remember reading these before (possibly on the old board) I know we have discussed whether Dylan had a crush on Rachel at any point. For me personally i think i would need to see some more factual evidence rather than what a handful of people have speculated. It is likely though that Dylan and Rachel came into contact with one another due to their involvement in the school drama / talent show. I know there was the whole 'Dylan "saved" Rachel's talent show performance with the music, but for me i think this incident is open to interpretation. Also not to sound  facetious but Dylan seemed to have a crush on everyone so in those respects maybe he did like Rachel at one point, anyway this is going off topic Smile  but thank you for posting.

I always found this "mummy" incident/ claim interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 1:15 am

Welcome! I think Dylan liked and cared for Rachel as a friend but I don't think it was anything serious and definitely not who his journal entries were about.

I do too. I'm surprised that Eric would put himself out there like that. I wish I could have been there to see that. And when he put on a very amusing show for the class when he described himself as a bullet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 2:19 am

There is one page in Dylan's journal where he lists all the people he's ever loved (or liked) and then goes on to say that it's all the same. The list contains hearts next to redacted names. One heart, half way down the list, has an "R" within it.

Could be..

Rachel Scott or Robyn Anderson .. or Reb ;) ..just kidding on the last one, though I know some think that is a possibility as well. Who else do we know with an "R' that Dylan associated with?
Back to top Go down
JayJay

Contribution Points : 96739

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 3:02 am

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
There is one page in Dylan's journal where he lists all the people he's ever loved (or liked) and then goes on to say that it's all the same.   The list contains hearts next to redacted names.  One heart, half way down the list, has an "R" within it.

Could be..

Rachel Scott or Robyn Anderson .. or Reb ;) ..just kidding on the last one, though I know some think that is a possibility as well.   Who else do we know with an "R' that Dylan associated with?
Why can't it be Reb? Could be. It's a love/like list. Doesn't have to be gay love necessarily (but who knows?). It could be a Lord-of-Rings-Not-Gay-But-Almost-Looks-Like-It-Brotherly-Love. Bro love rulez!

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 3:35 am

JayJay wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
There is one page in Dylan's journal where he lists all the people he's ever loved (or liked) and then goes on to say that it's all the same.   The list contains hearts next to redacted names.  One heart, half way down the list, has an "R" within it.

Could be..

Rachel Scott or Robyn Anderson .. or Reb ;) ..just kidding on the last one, though I know some think that is a possibility as well.   Who else do we know with an "R' that Dylan associated with?
Why can't it be Reb? Could be. It's a love/like list. Doesn't have to be gay love necessarily (but who knows?). It could be a Lord-of-Rings-Not-Gay-But-Almost-Looks-Like-It-Brotherly-Love. Bro love rulez!
Sure, by the definition of what Dylan says, love and like mean the same thing, it very well could be REB/Eric. I was just being a bit facetious jocolor on that one as someone wrote this long thesis once on why they are certain that Dylan's soulmate love has been Eric all along. Anyway. Love or like, if one of the hearts on that list is infact Reb/Eric as a like/brotherly sort of love, why not just unredact his name?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 2:27 am

A someone Cool posted this on Tumblr today. Thought it was interesting so I'll share it..

I know I have mentioned this guy in a few of my posts but this is Dan Steepleton. He was injured in the library on the morning of April 20,1999 at Columbine High School. He was also my science teacher when i was finishing up middle school.A lot of the reason I got into Columbine was because of this guy, he inspired me a great deal. When I was in middle school, on April 20th he stood in front of our science class and shared his experience that morning of the massacre. This man,a young boy at the time was shot in the leg then watched as his best childhood friend was shot and killed. He recalled how he saw Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold being bullied because he himself was also a victim of cruel treatment at his high school,being a nerd. But despite the loss of his best friend and his life altering encounter with death he never talked badly about Eric and Dylan, he even said that he had no harsh feelings towards the two, he talked good of the two which was something that at the time struck me as odd. All he wanted to get across to us was that well, we do need to treat each other as human beings no matter what our flaws are. He also made it clear that those boys werent born into this world the same people way they left it as. Instead of harboring hate for someone who did something fueled by hate, we need to remember the good in others, in that case in Eric and Dylan because there was good in them. Ever since that day I have been very interested in Columbine as an event and as Eric and Dylan as people. He also inspired me to see the good in those two boys and in others even if they did very terrible things. I dont know but if there is anyone I want to give credit to for being into Columbine and into seeing Eric amd Dylan as victims to, Its this guy. I will forever remember him and all he taught me and inspired me to do and be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 3:25 am

Very interesting post! Thanks so much for posting this.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 100863
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 3:54 pm

Thank you for sharing that beautiful post about Dan Steepleton, InFiNiNcEX5. It has to be the greatest post shared here from tumblr, along with the "screed about "natural selection" post.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 3:54 pm

"Actually the majority of "columbiners" glorify and sexualize those boys in a fashion that embodies why the boys themselves despised humanity. It's ironic.".

I entirely agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 10:23 pm

Ok, looks like youtube is having issues on the forum turning [youtube] tags into [flash] so...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"That's My Boy" - VAST

That's my boy
American son
Hope I'm not around
When he gets the idea
To buy a gun.

That's our boy
America's gone
Hope I'm not to blame
When he gets the idea
To kill someone.

How do you ever really love someone?
The flag's been broken

By an enemy
Raised on MTV
Raised on you and me

Gone, yeah, he's gone
And I have known nothing 'bout you
Yeah, he's gone
And he's never coming back.
Where's our saviour?
I'm looking for a sign
Just need something to clean
The blood from my numb, weary mind

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 8:39 am

The problem with a lot of columbine fangirls is that they claim to just be peering into E&D's minds, but they're just letting them into theirs. So then, they begin seeing the world through a perspective that's not a nice one (e.g. a lot of fangirls don't seem to have a problem with murder and treat it like something normal.)
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 7:24 am

I find most of this irrefutable, although I personally don't agree with the assumption that Eric was an actual sexist.

From the same blog/author of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I’ve been churning this over in my head for a while. The dogma among Columbine admirers would be hilarious if it wasn’t so vile, if it wasn’t so dire, and if the massacre didn’t have real lasting effects on those damaged by it. Instead, it’s just staggering, and sad, and frustrating. This isn’t a joke. This is grim. We should examine this seriously. This isn’t something to have a fandom over. It can be discussed, and it should be discussed. But it shouldn’t be hyped, it shouldn’t be romanticized. Really, there’s a good chance there’s someone in the blogosphere who just posted some lighthearted instagrammed photo of their friends on some ferris wheel back-to-back with some absurd meme trivializing Columbine and glorifying the killers and completely ignoring the victims. Stop it. Stop egging this behavior on. You can rightfully complain about the news media circus (it is a circus) focusing its garish eye on the tragedies because they get off-the-charts ratings. But I think those who consider themselves fans of killers like this send equally fucked-up messages to potential shooters: If I kill, I’ll be on CNN. If I kill, I’ll have droves of subservient minions online who will worship me.

I’m concerned by—and for—the girls who run worship blogs romanticizing Eric & Dylan.
By, because their judgement is already poor enough to overlook Eric & Dylan’s ugly, egomaniacal, destructive acts on 4/20; and for what, purely aesthetical reasons? They find them attractive? To that, I say: so what? Young Stalin was a stone-cold fox, but do you see people making semi-ironic Blingee gif shrine collages of him? [Actually, sheesh, I stand corrected. Searches give me a good number of silly Stalin glitter graphics. I can’t say I’m too surprised. Thanks, internet.]

For, because I worry their willful ignorance to indelibly devote themselves to this flawed, yearning, hindsight fantasy will lead them headlong into actual abusive relationships in their futures, if they’re not already knee-deep in one. If you think you would give anything to date even the ghosts of Eric & Dylan, what’s stopping you from dating some other violent, disrespectful piece-of-shit who will probably batter you around. I worry about this.

Or is it opposite day? Mass-murder — to you fellas, it seems — is permissible, so  maybe getting your everlasting lights turned out on a regular basis isn’t a far cry from that.

Where were you girls when Eric & Dylan were alive and getting friendzoned and turned down and ignored instead of getting fucked? Seriously. Part of me thinks girls who profess love for E&D are just in it for the racy infamy that comes with being an imaginary accessory to a notorious figure/figures. The whole need for attention, even the bad kind. Look at me look at me look at me. Then, of course, there’s the part of me that simultaneously acknowledges E&D’s loneliness re: girlz is troubling to you and you wish you could’ve put things right and in turn stop the massacre from even happening. And that’s laudable (but also extremely naive). I don’t think that would’ve changed anything though. Eric writes, as late as 4/3/1999, about trying to get a girl to screw but his attempts don’t work out for him. Their plans were set in motion way before that. They already decided their demises.

Besides, all my research leads me to believe that Eric & Dylan weren’t prime boyfriend material anyway, and this isn’t even taking the massacre itself into account, which should more-than-obviously rule out any feelings of sane love. I try to give Eric & Dylan the benefit of the doubt, but at every turn I find something that makes them ultimately less winsome and eminently more gross and putrid.

- Eric writes in his journal on 5/20/98: “Women, you will always be under men.”

He sees your whole gender as below him. He saw the whole world population as below him, for that matter. Why give him a free-pass? To me, his ego comes off as equal parts frail and hilariously overblown. His view of women is retrograde. He has no respect.

-Dylan called a girl (Tara Zobjeck) a “bitch” in a PE incident and also harassed her.

-In the Basement tapes, Eric expounded on his view of women with this beautiful remark: ” Fucking make me dinner, bitch.” “That’s what women are supposed to fucking do.”

Honestly, that last thing is the type of shit you’d find on some stupid Mens Rights Activist Reddit page or something. So here they are holding to the belief that All Bitches Need To Make Me A Sandwich Maaaaan, and they’re wondering why they had to die virgins. They’re no Casanovas. That should be exceedingly clear by now. Gotta give it to Dylan, though, for showing some tenderness in his journal. He seems to have earnestly tried not to be a shitheel but girls didn’t return the gestures/favors. Oh well. That happens. Women are not obligated to placate men’s needs. You just gotta keep trying.  

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg, really. Only a sample of shameful encounters/views on women. Even before the massacre, Eric and Dylan were felons—serious criminals (how many high school students can you say that of???), Dylan had bullied and threatened to kill a retarded kid (Adam Kyler, look it up) to the point where the kid’s parents contacted school administration, and Eric posted death threats online, and Dylan carved the word FAG into an underclassman’s locker, and much much more.

So,even before the massacre Eric & Dylan are far from having spotless baby-clean consciences. They weren’t blameless. While it’s true they were bullied, Eric and Dylan were no strangers to doling out vitriol and ugliness themselves.

And then add the massacre to everything. There’s no defending these guys. How is this not crystal clear? Still want these dudes to doubleteam you?

I’ve seen posts on this Tag and others like it that are pretty strange and nonsensical. One person who identified as a Columbiner reprimanded anyone who could be a fan of Adam Lanza, the Sandy Hook killer. The person said something to the effect of: I’m a Columbiner, yeah, but how could anyone back Adam Lanza?? How does this freak have fans! The Dude killed little kids. Kids half his size! It makes me sick. WTF.
       The implication here is capricious and doesn’t stand to reason, I think. So,
     Adam Lanza killed innocent first graders [and school employees and his mom], and that’s totally wrong (correct).
 Eric & Dylan killed innocent peers in their age-group and also one teacher, and that’s totally wrong but less fucked up (incorrect).

The implication is there’s a certain age you can reach where it’s suddenly okay to be gunned down for no fucking reason. I shouldn’t (and won’t) have to go into detail on why this is bad reasoning/justifying.

Deep down, I think you girls know your feelings for Eric & Dylan are shameful. That’s why you run off to the internet, where you’ll avoid the castigation you probably deserve for views such as this. Anyway, at least you guys have this hermetically-sealed E-community where you can continue to practice faulty groupthink and delude yourselves into thinking D & E are your Prince Charmings in Combat Boots listening to some blast beats by Nine Inch Nails or whatever. Jocks suck, am I right?!

This tag is the equivalent to a barred-off wing of a very particular assbackwards Insane Asylum. You know this to be true. Keep screaming at the walls.

I’ll end with a quote by JD Salinger from his book Franny & Zooey, which I think applies to E&D and people like E&D: “I’m sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.”
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 7:24 am

Lananas wrote:
The problem with a lot of columbine fangirls is that they claim to just be peering into E&D's minds, but they're just letting them into theirs. So then, they begin seeing the world through a perspective that's not a nice one (e.g. a lot of fangirls don't seem to have a problem with murder and treat it like something normal.)

Very good points.

Many are utterly clueless about them in every manner possible. It is fine and well to create your own fantasies about whatever you wish. Just stop whinging that you're an "expert" about things you don't even try to properly understand, and that is what many of them do. Not one of us who are interested in this subject should consider ourselves "experts", either, because we're not. I don't want to come across as though I'm implying that, because we're truly not. The "experts" about that situation are those that perpetrated it, and they are dead, and even they didn't understand the entirety of why they did what they did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 8:06 am

JDM87 wrote:
It would be great if the Columbine tag was fangirl-free. There's some pretty interesting information on it. Of course, the veracity of it is debatable.
Yeah, there's this hilarious fake quote that the fangirls believed to be by Dylan because it makes him look more sad and sensitive.
"I'm so full of love and nobody wants it." Was a quote made by someone on tumblr just to match Eric's "HATE! I'm so full of hate and I love it."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 5:47 pm

From the article Life and Death of a Follower.

◦"You’d better cross Dylan’s name off," he said. "He’s not that kind of person. He would never do this."
◦"He seemed like he had low self-esteem," adds Terra Oglesbee, a senior who took creative writing with both gunmen. "He always followed Eric around. He was like Eric’s little shadow." Within the shadow, a dark side emerged.
◦"No way he’d do that on his own,He was just a nice guy, if you got to know him.’ says 16-year-old Jacob Cary, a Columbine baseball player who shared Klebold’s love of the sport in a fantasy league.
◦"If Dylan had any hatred," adds Dan Holsey, an 18-year-old senior, "he never told me or anyone I knew." Jon Ungerland, who sat next to Harris and Klebold in video class this year, says he often overheard snippets of conversation laced with racial epithets - but they were always initiated by Harris. Dylan might nod agreement, but he seldom spoke.
◦ Dylan Bennett Klebold - named after the poet Dylan Thomas - grew up to join the Boy Scouts, play Little League and perform well in school.
◦"I have since learned that Byron was the one Tom had been concerned about and Dylan was someone whom he and Sue thought of as a piece of cake.”Greenspan says.
◦Dylan wasn’t a bad guy. I never thought he would do something like (the rampage). But they said Eric’s name on TV and I automatically knew Dylan was going to be there. Eric had a persuasion. I think Eric would always tell Dylan that people never liked him, and he was his only true friend.”Jeniffer Harmon, who took creative writing with the two boys
◦”Eric and Dylan often tested teacher’s patience by propping their feet on their desks and leaning back in their chairs but they also were two of the brighter students. While many kids admitted they just skimmed the assigned novels, Dylan finished them weeks before his classmates.
◦At 617 pages, John Irving’s “A Prayer for Owen Meany” seemed like a daunting read for many in the class. Klebold finished it two weeks before the deadline. “He was a whiz at all of his classes,” says Harmon. “He didn’t even have to try. He just knew everything.”

Senior Chris Hooker, who has enlisted in the Navy, tried to recruit Klebold one day, but his sales pitch fell on deaf ears.

"He didn’t seem to like the military," Hooker says. "He didn’t sound like he agreed with everything going on in Kosovo and the bombing of Iraq. - … I gave him my opinion on Kosovo. I said I wanted to be there. He said, ‘Who cares about Kosovo? That’s their problem. "

◦"His life was baseball, just like mine," Hooker says. "He wasn’t an athlete, but that’s not a put-down. He didn’t seem interested in playing but he loved to watch the sport and keep up with it." Chris Hooker
◦"He was kind of joking, but kind of serious," says Laughlin.
◦"I liked him. He was shy, more than anything. I had never seen him get in a fight or any real big arguments with anybody, ever. He really was a pretty normal and a pretty nice guy. Tim Kastle, a Columbine student

Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 94879
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 11:56 pm

tfsa47090 wrote:
I find most of this irrefutable, although I personally don't agree with the assumption that Eric was an actual sexist.

From the same blog/author of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I’ve been churning this over in my head for a while. The dogma among Columbine admirers would be hilarious if it wasn’t so vile, if it wasn’t so dire, and if the massacre didn’t have real lasting effects on those damaged by it. Instead, it’s just staggering, and sad, and frustrating. This isn’t a joke. This is grim. We should examine this seriously. This isn’t something to have a fandom over. It can be discussed, and it should be discussed. But it shouldn’t be hyped, it shouldn’t be romanticized. Really, there’s a good chance there’s someone in the blogosphere who just posted some lighthearted instagrammed photo of their friends on some ferris wheel back-to-back with some absurd meme trivializing Columbine and glorifying the killers and completely ignoring the victims. Stop it. Stop egging this behavior on. You can rightfully complain about the news media circus (it is a circus) focusing its garish eye on the tragedies because they get off-the-charts ratings. But I think those who consider themselves fans of killers like this send equally fucked-up messages to potential shooters: If I kill, I’ll be on CNN. If I kill, I’ll have droves of subservient minions online who will worship me.

I’m concerned by—and for—the girls who run worship blogs romanticizing Eric & Dylan.
By, because their judgement is already poor enough to overlook Eric & Dylan’s ugly, egomaniacal, destructive acts on 4/20; and for what, purely aesthetical reasons? They find them attractive? To that, I say: so what? Young Stalin was a stone-cold fox, but do you see people making semi-ironic Blingee gif shrine collages of him? [Actually, sheesh, I stand corrected. Searches give me a good number of silly Stalin glitter graphics. I can’t say I’m too surprised. Thanks, internet.]

For, because I worry their willful ignorance to indelibly devote themselves to this flawed, yearning, hindsight fantasy will lead them headlong into actual abusive relationships in their futures, if they’re not already knee-deep in one. If you think you would give anything to date even the ghosts of Eric & Dylan, what’s stopping you from dating some other violent, disrespectful piece-of-shit who will probably batter you around. I worry about this.

Or is it opposite day? Mass-murder — to you fellas, it seems — is permissible, so  maybe getting your everlasting lights turned out on a regular basis isn’t a far cry from that.

Where were you girls when Eric & Dylan were alive and getting friendzoned and turned down and ignored instead of getting fucked? Seriously. Part of me thinks girls who profess love for E&D are just in it for the racy infamy that comes with being an imaginary accessory to a notorious figure/figures. The whole need for attention, even the bad kind. Look at me look at me look at me. Then, of course, there’s the part of me that simultaneously acknowledges E&D’s loneliness re: girlz is troubling to you and you wish you could’ve put things right and in turn stop the massacre from even happening. And that’s laudable (but also extremely naive). I don’t think that would’ve changed anything though. Eric writes, as late as 4/3/1999, about trying to get a girl to screw but his attempts don’t work out for him. Their plans were set in motion way before that. They already decided their demises.

Besides, all my research leads me to believe that Eric & Dylan weren’t prime boyfriend material anyway, and this isn’t even taking the massacre itself into account, which should more-than-obviously rule out any feelings of sane love. I try to give Eric & Dylan the benefit of the doubt, but at every turn I find something that makes them ultimately less winsome and eminently more gross and putrid.

He sees your whole gender as below him. He saw the whole world population as below him, for that matter. Why give him a free-pass? To me, his ego comes off as equal parts frail and hilariously overblown. His view of women is retrograde. He has no respect.

-Dylan called a girl (Tara Zobjeck) a “bitch” in a PE incident and also harassed her.

-In the Basement tapes, Eric expounded on his view of women with this beautiful remark: ” Fucking make me dinner, bitch.” “That’s what women are supposed to fucking do.”

Honestly, that last thing is the type of shit you’d find on some stupid Mens Rights Activist Reddit page or something. So here they are holding to the belief that All Bitches Need To Make Me A Sandwich Maaaaan, and they’re wondering why they had to die virgins. They’re no Casanovas. That should be exceedingly clear by now. Gotta give it to Dylan, though, for showing some tenderness in his journal. He seems to have earnestly tried not to be a shitheel but girls didn’t return the gestures/favors. Oh well. That happens. Women are not obligated to placate men’s needs. You just gotta keep trying.  

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg, really. Only a sample of shameful encounters/views on women. Even before the massacre, Eric and Dylan were felons—serious criminals (how many high school students can you say that of???), Dylan had bullied and threatened to kill a retarded kid (Adam Kyler, look it up) to the point where the kid’s parents contacted school administration, and Eric posted death threats online, and Dylan carved the word FAG into an underclassman’s locker, and much much more.

So,even before the massacre Eric & Dylan are far from having spotless baby-clean consciences. They weren’t blameless. While it’s true they were bullied, Eric and Dylan were no strangers to doling out vitriol and ugliness themselves.

And then add the massacre to everything. There’s no defending these guys. How is this not crystal clear? Still want these dudes to doubleteam you?

I’ve seen posts on this Tag and others like it that are pretty strange and nonsensical. One person who identified as a Columbiner reprimanded anyone who could be a fan of Adam Lanza, the Sandy Hook killer. The person said something to the effect of: I’m a Columbiner, yeah, but how could anyone back Adam Lanza?? How does this freak have fans! The Dude killed little kids. Kids half his size! It makes me sick. WTF.
     Adam Lanza killed innocent first graders [and school employees and his mom], and that’s totally wrong (correct).
 Eric & Dylan killed innocent peers in their age-group and also one teacher, and that’s totally wrong but less fucked up (incorrect).

The implication is there’s a certain age you can reach where it’s suddenly okay to be gunned down for no fucking reason. I shouldn’t (and won’t) have to go into detail on why this is bad reasoning/justifying.

Deep down, I think you girls know your feelings for Eric & Dylan are shameful. That’s why you run off to the internet, where you’ll avoid the castigation you probably deserve for views such as this. Anyway, at least you guys have this hermetically-sealed E-community where you can continue to practice faulty groupthink and delude yourselves into thinking D & E are your Prince Charmings in Combat Boots listening to some blast beats by Nine Inch Nails or whatever. Jocks suck, am I right?!

This tag is the equivalent to a barred-off wing of a very particular assbackwards Insane Asylum. You know this to be true. Keep screaming at the walls.

I’ll end with a quote by JD Salinger from his book Franny & Zooey, which I think applies to E&D and people like E&D: “I’m sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.”

This is exactly what I've been thinking and saying, I dont understand very well why there is a fandom and those girls call themselvs "Columbiners" like if this is about a boyband or something, I dont hate Eric and Dylan because in the end I understand them a bit but idolize them is really stupid, they are not superstars or hollywood actors, they are killers and Eric for example, is the kind of guy that I prefer to avoid with those comments about women. I know that girls love bad boys that become killers and even more famous killers but I think that these girls are forgeting the real problem here, the real situation of why they are there in tumblr posting gifts and fanfictions, that is the shooting. I dont know what is really happen with this generation but I am worried because is not the first time that I see girls loving a guy like Eric, so it means that this generation is going backwards. I think that the release of the journals and video tapes where they appear with their friends, make this fandom bigger because now the girls think that Dylan is so romantic and adorable with those thinks he wrote in his journal and Eric is the bad boy they love, so they are what the girls love of a men and thats the problem with all this situation.
Back to top Go down
maninthebox

Contribution Points : 99302
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 1:41 am

I think these girls aren't attracted to their murders per se (although there seems to be a minority who are crushing on all sorts of mass/serial killers). I noticed that posts about E&D being nice/bullied/misunderstood have a higher number of likes. Seems like these girls think they could've helped them. Bad boy with a sensitive side, who changes because of you is like classic female fantasy
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 94879
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 2:11 am

maninthebox wrote:
I think these girls aren't attracted to their murders per se (although there seems to be a minority who are crushing on all sorts of mass/serial killers). I noticed that posts about E&D being nice/bullied/misunderstood have a higher number of likes. Seems like these girls think they could've helped them. Bad boy with a sensitive side, who changes because of you is like classic female fantasy
I agree, that fantasy contributes with the problem.too, thats why the fanfictions about them exists but I am still with the argument that they feel attracted for them, for their personalities and thoughts, and even for their appearance, even.though, I think that these girls also feel attracted for Dylan and Eric because they feel like them or have the same problems so they think that maybe they are the only ones who can understand them. I remember see something on Tumblr where a girl claimed to be depress and she has losts of things about Dylan so that's another thing that make these. girls become some fans and have so many fantasies with them sometimes
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101601

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 2:56 pm

Well, it seems to me that many of them fangirl over E&D simply because it's "edgy" and gets them attention. But the fact that they were thought to be bullied and misunderstood really makes these girls feel like they can relate. There are some male Columbiners too, and in a way they are more worrisome to me because it seems like they really try to model themselves after E&D.
Back to top Go down
maninthebox

Contribution Points : 99302
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:58 pm

Mj2beat, I agree totally.

Btw, that Kosovo quote is funny, seems like something he'd say. Like he says in Carwax commercial "Who cares?"

Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101601

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 8:30 pm

From the tag:

Guardian Angel?

Nearly six months after Columbine, Devon Adams called the Klebolds on what would have been Dylan’s 18th birthday, September 11, 1999.  
They still had the same phone number and she left a message.  She called to "Let them know I was thinking of them.  I was keeping them in my thoughts.  Let them know I hadn’t forgotten about them.  I hadn’t forgotten about Dylan, and I was still around."

Devon also had a gift for the Klebolds and went to their house, where she spent a couple hours talking “about memories and stuff.”  She recounted how he helped her after her car accident.

”I think they thought it was pretty cool,” she said of the car story. “We were T-boned while crossing an intersection, and Dylan stopped his car and ran up to my window and was just like, ‘Are you OK? Are you OK?’ and he was freaking out, and I just told him to go get my parents and tell them to come up here and get me.”

—Columbine: A True Story - Jeff Kass

———————————-

May 12, 2011
Personal Ghost Stories on WordPress

One of the shooters was a friend of mine
When I was in high school we had a major school shooting my sophomore year [Columbine].One of the shooters was a friend of mine and the sound designer for our theatre. The year after the shooting I was the technical director for the theatre and was the only student with a key to the space. I would go in there just to sit and think or do homework during my off hour. One day I had a really awful day with people just being creeps and went into the theatre to work on some stuff when I heard footsteps on our catwalk. The only access to the catwalk is a door in the outside hallway with only 4 existing keys (I had one, 2 teachers and the janitor had the others). Also, it is a physical impossibility to get on the catwalk without turning on the lights (which you need a key to do – to prevent students from possibly getting up there during shows). It only lasted a minute, so I thought it was my imagination. Then it started again, louder and faster. I called out, and the footsteps stopped. All of a sudden the stage lights blared on (the booth was locked, no one was in it, and the board was off) I called out my friend’s name and the lights turned off, and I didn’t hear anything else.

There was another time when this guy’s ex best friend and I were driving down from the mountains going really fast, when a black BMW like the one this guy used to drive zoomed by us, then pulled in front of us and slowed down, making us slow down as well. No matter what we did we could not pass him, speed up, or see who it was. In about 10 minutes we hit a freak snow storm, and would have spun out if we were going faster. Just after we went thru, there was a 25-car pile up. We didn’t see the BMW after getting thru the storm.

Freaky weird. And true. And stuff like that kept happening.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:01 pm

Nothing like death to keep you eternally young and sexually active!
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 2:22 am

This was posted in the columbine tag about 2.5 years ago.

Someone made a blog pretending to be "a Bieber fanatic as well as a "columbiner"", to get a rise out of them. It was hilarious, and most of these "anti bullying crusaders" attacked the blog, telling the person running it to "kill yourself" and that they were going to "find you and kill you" themselves.

The blog itself was riotously funny, in my opnion, and I wish they'd have stayed.

I think this photo is marvelous absurdist humor. I could not stop laughing all day when I saw it back then.

Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 9:47 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayJay

Contribution Points : 96739

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 11:14 pm

tfsa47090 wrote:

Laughing

I like that, sort of tongue-in-cheek answer to the seeker of Dylan's address.

I've got another one for you, 'cause Dylan moved from his temporary address:

Dylan Bennett Klebold
P.O Outside the Box
Never-ending Hall of Time and Space
Halcyon State, Infinice

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
jettfyre80

Contribution Points : 94060

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 4:41 am

tfsa47090 wrote:

I've thought from the beginning that Eric would be a classic abuser. He was obsessive, he stalked girls he was interested in and begged them to go out with him, and he had violent sexual fantasies. If he had met a girl who would stick around long enough to fall in love with him, things would escalate quickly to physical violence and maybe even death, especially if she cheated on him or left him.

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 4:19 pm

Saw this today:

Quote :
Reading the Book of Existences

Reading Dylan’s diary, the scrambled shards of the world fall back into place. Sometimes I can almost see his hand writing the letters of the words on its pages, doodling and sketching the glyphs in the margins, following the silent flow of thought to word to inscription. Hearing his voice in the shape and cadence of the written sentences, and from there a mental image of mannerisms, bearing, all those little physical habits and postures people have…an odd, pale beam of sunlight from an otherworldly sky shines through this imagining of him sitting in his room, alone, slightly drunken perhaps, while the daylight fell through his bedroom window to find him on his window-bench.

Some sunsets can be so depressing. The scraps of a day consumed, going down in a brazen, scorching fireball, fading light turning the world to sepia and apocalyptic dust. Too bright, and yet too dark, to find rest or ease or peace. One could try to watch those kinds of sunset the way they do in the movies, as a happy end, as a sign all is well, with a beer in hand and a sigh of relief, but one can never shake the uneasy feeling. That tremulous and tearful unspoken knowledge—what you’re staring at is not a lullaby, not the smiling till-next-time of any loving god. What you’re staring at is a mushroom cloud.

Dylan, beautiful and strange, in the world of humans but not of it, had a face made for heavy chiaroscuro and an energy to match. Delirious, ethereal, dark and light and fluidity, as much a volatile substance as Eric but wilder, less disciplined, wayward and primal, in several dimensions at once watching the great invisible move unbidden through the masses and behind the scenes. A flood of tears as a scream of rage and a peal of laughter, a sadness so intense that it surpassed the usual idea of the emotion and became something else entirely. Not forceful, but a force of nature near-impossible to harness. Cats do not herd, but sometimes synchronize. And his depth of devotion to The Girl who was not truly A Girl but An Idea given prospective human form, seeing in this hypothetical soul the qualities that he himself possessed, in spades…more and more I believe he did recognize his ideal beloved within himself, and in the end, he was “his own hero” and he knew it.

The strange colors and tides of the desert hold esoteric remnants—or maybe origins—of him. The cactus he hugged, his long-lost brethren. The dust and sand, the palette from which he was painted.

And the Dylan-shaped hole he left in the universe still drifts through the debris, only fifteen years dead and more like the ancient, primordial ghosts than his spiderweb-flimsy contemporaries in demise…more like the antediluvian shades that mankind once worshiped as gods.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:09 pm

JayJay wrote:
I like that, sort of tongue-in-cheek answer to the seeker of Dylan's address.

I've got another one for you, 'cause Dylan moved from his temporary address:

Dylan Bennett Klebold
P.O Outside the Box
Never-ending Hall of Time and Space
Halcyon State, Infinice

I noticed someone the other week asking for Dylan's address as apparently she wants to write to his parents  Shocked Not only do i think that is a terrible terrible idea but the Klebold's address is actually extremely easy to get hold of. This could be the same person you guys mentioned that i saw, when i saw the post though nobody had replied to it at that point.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96366
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 9:00 pm

tfsa47090 wrote:

As a fangirl , I have to object to this in the most strenuous way possible. I found it to be extremely conceding and insulting and I don't appreciate being talked to like I'm some stupid ,lesser being. And no I don't really know that my feelings towards them are "shameful". I don't feel the slightest bit ashamed of how I feel about them or I wouldn't be so unabashedly open about it in environments that aren't always the friendliest to such views and feelings .And I don't enjoy this person informing me how I "really" think and feel about anything at all either.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 9:14 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:

As a fangirl , I have to object to this in the most strenuous way possible. I found it to be extremely conceding and insulting and I don't appreciate being talked to like  I'm some stupid ,lesser being. And no I don't really know that my feelings towards them are "shameful". I don't feel  the slightest bit ashamed of how I feel about them or I wouldn't be so unabashedly open about it in environments that aren't always the friendliest to such views and feelings .And I don't enjoy this person informing me how I "really" think and feel about anything at all either.

But you see, PaintItBlack, you just explained your own unique situation. There are some people, and you are an excellent example, that are very respectful with tremendous compassion and empathy for everyone.

I can understand how this person who made that post didn't go out of their way to emphasize that they weren't taking about everyone, and I think that they should have. But what they said is absolutely true about a lot of people who behave like this.

When it comes to you and others who are actually like you, you are not putting on an act or pretending you care about things that you don't care about.

I have seen you post things about the victims that NO ONE has ever discussed on any recent forum, website, let alone tumblr. This includes people who hate Eric and Dylan----I have never seen some of the information you have shared come from them. You know a lot and you REALLY care a lot.

You want people to see them as human beings with souls, and from what I see, you genuinely mean it, and you do not hate the people they hurt or agree with what they did. You actually try to see things from all sides and you DON'T hide it.

Many of these other people do, and they are just as closed minded as the people who make fun of them and make fun of Eric and Dylan.

You are not the sort of person that this post was discussing, in my opinion. And there are a good deal of others who do not fit into it, either. But there are quite a few who do. I have to reiterate that this author should have made that clear, and they didn't, and I don't think it is fair that they didn't.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 9:28 pm

I can understand what you are saying but I guess more than anything I am offended by the person's tone. The entire post is dripping with a smug, self satisfied, sense of superiority. I don't think there is a word there that doesn't convey that in one way or the other. The author of that post is looking down on her addressee's and in their opinion, its a long ,long way down. I just don't like that. Also, I think that in some of the cases of the fans that people find objectionable, there are other things behind it. Many of them are still in school or haven't been out long and are very angry at their treatment there. That can take a long time to go away.I wasn't always able to see this exactly as I do today. I object to this person's tone and the way they are clearly looking down at the people they are speaking of. I don't feel that'd right.
Back to top Go down
Undyne

Contribution Points : 101688
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 10:23 pm

Hardly anybody would be complaining about the fangirls if they just kept their anger directed at actual bullies.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 11:29 pm

Sergeant,I don't think I can ever make you or anyone understand the mindset of some of these people and that there are reasons behind this mindset other than they are just bad people. I understand why people think that but there is often so much more going on beneath the surface.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Undyne

Contribution Points : 101688
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 12:02 am

No, I will never understand anyone who so freely tosses logic straight out the window and thinks that the victims were all hardcore bullies.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 8:54 pm

I think the thing is that unless you have experienced it yourself ,its hard to imagine how bad it is for some people at school every single day , both past and present.Some people are just abused physically and mentally.That is the only way it can be accurately described is abuse.It is often not just 5 or 6 people doing it either.The rage this produces is incredible, its hard to describe. I wish some of them could see that the victims deserve sympathy too and their loss is a terrible. Tragic loss. But their anger is what is driving most of these people.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next