Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr

Go down 
+57
worm
novaprospekt
Rebbie556
23september
Gonz
Draw_It_White
starrwilliams
the_infidel
Sokushinbutsu
anarchy
cicero
Lizpuff
thenight_watchman
BlackandWhite
Holloka
21stcenturyreality
NoMaD
bubbles
ThoughtBox
Rebdomine
slippy123
eli27
Violenta
REBxVoDKa
WendlaBergman
LPorter101
gutenfxckintag
perpetual state
Undyne
PaintItBlack
jettfyre80
Mj2beat
JayJay
maninthebox
Moseley
deathmedic
rik75
em81
lasttrain
deelightful
Juicy Jazzy
JDM87
fatlittleparasite
MarmaladeSkies
rebgirl
carrie12
tfsa47090
Wideawake
StinkyOldGrapes
areyoulistening
queenfarooq
Laeda
Scypek
tragedy79
philosopher_king
Jenn
BurnIt
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
areyoulistening

Contribution Points : 101622
Forum Reputation : 0

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:52 pm

Laeda wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
what

Just when I was beginning to have faith in humanity. There's not enough face palms in the world to justify this.

Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118575
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:36 pm

Laeda wrote:
what

Welp, now I've seen just about everything.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 7:48 pm

Found this on the tag. Does anybody know who Del is?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 5:05 am

Some things confused me by this Eric didn't live in Littleton in 3rd grade so it must have been a mistake and I don't think he would have set fire to a bridge while living in NY.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 5:33 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
Some things confused me by this Eric didn't live in Littleton in 3rd grade so it must have been a mistake and I don't think he would have set fire to a bridge while living in NY.

There's a ton of mistakes in the 11K. So, nothing new on that front! Actually, it's pretty stunning how glaring they are. Although, I must admit, I can see little Eric having pyromaniac tendencies. He sure loved playing with fireworks. Otoh, I can also see Eric bragging and spinning tall tales that he set fire to a bridge. In any case, the vibes he continued to give her didn't reap long term dating benefits. heh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Layne Newton : Had class with Klebold and went to Ken Caryl Middle School—In CHS, She said DK had History class with her. She said for a project in this history class, the students were told to pick a partner to work with on this project. She noticed that Dylan didn’t have a partner so she asked him if he wanted to be her partner. Dylan got upset and turned her offer down, refusing to be her partner. (2-3 weeks before 4-20).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 4:10 am

Jenn wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Uh..I was just on the 'Dylan Klebold' tag on Tumblr and did someone really make a puzzle out of the suicide photo?

Yes, unfortunaly. People also have the suicide photo all over their tumblrs.

I find it offensive, as I don't believe it should be posted all over the internet. These 'fans' claim to care about Dylan and Eric, but seem to totally ignore the fact that their parents and family would be horrified to see their child's death photo turned into a puzzle.

I don't think the death photo should be hidden, as it's part of the ugly reality of mass murder. Turning the photo into a puzzle might be insensitive, but since murder-suicide is what E/D wanted, perhaps the fans see the death photo as a celebration of what E/D wanted?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 4:42 am

AussieLurker wrote:
Jenn wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Uh..I was just on the 'Dylan Klebold' tag on Tumblr and did someone really make a puzzle out of the suicide photo?

Yes, unfortunaly. People also have the suicide photo all over their tumblrs.

I find it offensive, as I don't believe it should be posted all over the internet. These 'fans' claim to care about Dylan and Eric, but seem to totally ignore the fact that their parents and family would be horrified to see their child's death photo turned into a puzzle.

I don't think the death photo should be hidden, as it's part of the ugly reality of mass murder. Turning the photo into a puzzle might be insensitive, but since murder-suicide is what E/D wanted, perhaps the fans see the death photo as a celebration of what E/D wanted?

I suppose that is possible. I guess I am just thinking about Dylan and Eric's families and how the would feel if they saw that. But then again, you are right, Dylan and Eric did want to make history with what they were doing, so perhaps they would want their death photo all over the place and turned into puzzles, pillowcases and T-shirts.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 5:28 am

Chess

So cold we can see our breath in the glimmer of the rising sun and
the fading moon. We line up, adrenaline filling our bodies,
a great day in front of us, most particularly so as today starts with chess club.
Buzzing lights illuminate the classroom, a sea of excited
high pitched voices unfold the boards and we are ready to begin.
Chess club was by no means mandatory, but about half our class of
30 showed. A few of us were habitual chess players, we never missed
a day and were known to play during recess.
Welcome to CHIPS (Challenging High Intellectual Potential Students).
For four years, we were in the same class together . During 4th and 5th
grade we were paired with a teacher who brought us to new heights in our
intellectual and emotional development. We were blessed, we were happy, we were soaring. Her enthusiasm and compassion spread like fire invigorating spiritual harmony, emotional balance, intellectual growth and rapid evolution. In truth this evolution was nothing more than a journey to remember who we already are We could not have asked for a better guide to show us the way. The way of words, the way of numbers, the way of feeling. The way to help each other, the way to embrace each others’ gifts, the way to discover our true selves. Learning was fun and fun was learning. We made more forward strides in two years than we did in any other four.
We went on extra field trips, we read different books, we did advanced math. We were ostracized by the other classes just as one might imagine a group of nerds being segregated in a school setting. The sense that what we were learning was valuable always permeated vibrantly through the classroom. We went outside to learn on beautiful days, soaking up the nurturing energy of the sun. Always an invigorated mind nearby to help us push ahead no matter how far off track we may be, a teacher, a classmate, a path to bring us back to our roots rolled out before us when necessary. Our minds, our hearts, our spirits were attuned to our true nature - unconditional love. We were all therapists. We were all scholars. We were walking the way we had been born to walk – free of confusion and without indifference. Self-esteem collectively grew stronger, there was no reason to hide from who we were. Meaning. Our lives had meaning, never was there any doubt of this.
We enjoyed learning about the world around us, learning about ourselves, discovering life from a point of view which little did we know was uncommon. This period in our lives was the peak of our American public education experience. We were filled with joy each day, we were learning efficiently, we were unraveling the mystery of life. We were ourselves, we had no reason to mask who we were. Stress, sickness and buildup of toxic emotional energy was never part of the classroom for very long.
The bell rings, recess is over, our next exercise is a timed math test. For some of us this was one of our favorite activities, especially for me. Numbers flowed seamlessly onto paper, we almost complete every question as the teacher says stop and within her breath I’m able to write down one more solution. Sometimes I was the fastest, other times not.
Making it amongst the leaders was never in doubt. As far back as Kindergarten I was many years ahead, learning basic algebra, solving equations without showing my work. I preferred to add numbers the opposite way we were instructed to add them - left to right. Is it so wrong to do things differently than others do - so long as we reach the best answer?
Since ancient times learning from a Master has been the preferred method of gaining insight. That is if you really want to learn something well. To reveal our inner selves, our maximum potential, our dormant gifts - this is what a Master provides their students. One who has mastered a skill, science or discipline ultimately is the best conduit to transmit vital information to the uninitiated. For us, our teacher mastered the art of balancing the classroom with activities that provoked the most intellectually bright spots in our minds to shine. Her heart-centered energy exponentially rippled through each of us, invigorating what amounted to be the unveiling of the key we needed to be our own masters. When we are are own master, we are our own best teacher.
Roald Dahl spoke with our class on the phone one morning. We got an inside tour of Denver International Airport while it was under construction. We went to a science camp in Keystone where we cross country skid, learned about animals and how to identify them by their scat.
By focusing on one subject until we know it well enough to really understand it, we encapsulate our abilities to their fullest potential. When we know something sufficiently we can take it home with us, practice, and build upon the skill, inevitably sharing the skill with others. Knowledge and skills stand alone, always there to be plucked from the sea of infinite potential. One can learn to play the saxophone and always this is possible, however the will and guidance to do so is necessary. The budding musician must not learn to play, but rather to learn to let go. Letting go of all barriers that prevent harmonious flow of the mind-body-spirit connection. We exponentially gather previously unlearned yet always attainable valuable skills when in harmony with our school environment or anywhere else we find ourselves.
Independent studies were a means by which we were able to learn something and present our new knowledge to the class. Sometimes one of us would become so involved and intrigued by new skills and information, we could do nothing but learn more about it, independent study or not - when one is so passionately driven by new talents and information, the skills were shared with the rest of us. When we each chose a country to independently study, I chose Saudi Arabia, he chose Japan.
In chess club, it was a three horse race most of the year. I chronicled the matches from each week and provided tips from books in Chess News Weekly - our one and only chess news publication. With one month to go it was down to just the two of us. We alternated taking the lead, until the final week he rallied and won nearly all of his final matches. The title belonged to him.
There he was, a poof of white in his light brown hair, intently focusing on the paper. Awkwardly hunched over a desk writing with a white pen akin to a loose chop stick perched at the end of his fingertips pointing to the sky. Shy, quietly confident and driven, his left hand dominated his kinesthetic style. Sometimes he sketched pictures and free thoughts in the margins. His tall stature made it look like his left side was hugging something invisible over the desk while writing, drawing or folding paper into life. Origami - an activity he adored so much. The ability to manifest something in three dimensions from a flat square occupied much of his free time.
He taught everyone in the class to fold a paper crane, some cranes turned out more precise than others, but we learned. We learned how to cherish differences. Discovering previously foreign knowledge. Embracing new concepts was cool, we were always excited to challenge ourselves. The never ending pursuit of knowledge, the fact that we can help ourselves know more the next day than we did the day before, or get better at something or win the next chess match. We were in our natural element.
Life was fun, life was learning and most importantly of all and perhaps least discussed - there was respect. When all is in harmony the issue of respect does not need attention because there already exists a balance. Where there is no problem there is no uproar to attend to. Continuing a preventative functional path is all that is required to maintain balance and harmony.
Respect for what is decent, for what is true - if the right answer was mistakenly interpreted we fixed it and moved on. Respect for the other who hurt himself, not to make him hurt more when he was down. Respect for intelligent creation - for doing what we did best and getting better at things which needed improvement.
This same year he and I were amongst the first to memorize each state and each state capital. It was not uncommon to find one of us staring at maps of the country, maps of the world, a dictionary, pictures of country flags or a baseball card price guide as we lay at night awake. At this time in our lives, our spirits thrived, energy flowed through our creative selves driving us to know more, to do our best and to live heart-centered.
The night becomes morning, both of us lay on his couches at his house, charting our future decisions. We loved rookie cards and vintage baseball cards. Most often we discovered we were too stubborn to trade, any sort of fair trade agreement was a rarity. He did manage to acquire my Barry Bonds and Bobby Bonilla rookie cards for his Howard Johnson rookie card.
He practiced pitching through a tire in his back yard commanding much velocity with his fastball. His team was in division one, whereas my team was in division four. Our baseball careers never crossed. His team never won a title, ours did. When he wasn’t pitching he played first base. When I wasn’t pitching I played second base or shortstop.
We played thousands of hours of video games, During the peak of Nintendo and Game Boy our attention often with them until morning. He was the first kid I knew to get a game gear. It slept with him much of the time. The pre-dawn of the Internet age, before the world was online. Our fun on computers was highlighted with programming in basic language on Apple 2.
One happy night as children we went to the Phantom of the Opera preluded by fine Italian food. I learned to play a couple of the scores from the show on the piano. He learned to play the trumpet for the school band and played a drum set at home. I played trombone in the band and played the piano for school events.

Who is he?

His name is Dylan Klebold,

One of my closest friends from childhood. Had I not been so self absorbed in my own egoic pursuits, we would have remained as close in high school.
A name I’ve typed over and over again on fantasy baseball website updates and Chess News Weekly’s.
We shared many days of life together. Lingering questions left for those of us that knew him have been painful, difficult and many. The final day we shared deserves an explanation. No one answer will ever completely explain what happened.
After many years to process and heal, I am ready to share what I have learned in anticipation my experience and healing can help others remember what we really are in our core selves. Unconditional love.
Naturally I have endured a lot of grief. The grief cycle brought forth by Elizabeth Kubler-Ross is a very true representation of what we go through when we face a devastating catastrophe in our lives.
It is my belief that by sharing honest opinions, experiences and observations a clear picture can be painted. The answers are not going to be found by examining the symptoms, we must go from the branches of the diseased tree to the trunk, to the roots and then we find the cause of imbalance.
If we are to cut into a body and remove a tumor without cleansing the emotional component of the disease, the likelihood of the tumor growing again is very high. Synonymous to removing a flower by cutting off the petals and buds, most likely the flower will grow back unless we pull it from its roots.
What I believe we experienced is the atomic reaction of an extreme yin and yang imbalance.

Yin the quiet, passive, receiver. Dylan. Yang the loud, active, aggressor. Eric.
Had these two beings been in balance and living a life in harmony with themselves they could have done anything with their lives, becoming rocket scientists, millionaire entrepreneurs or perhaps elite computer programmers.
We must examine a problem from a different level of thinking than created it. To understand as much as possible, we must plow a path to expand on ideas and truths rooted in thinking removed from the problem itself.
And what is the problem? Where do we begin?
For one to want to kill themselves it first must be imagined. The idea to do so must exist.
Energy to start a self-destructive chain reaction is rooted in a severe imbalance. What causes the imbalance?
Acquired painful emotions of anger, grief, worry, fear. These cause damage if not released in a sound manner. A hurtful internal dialogue creates the reality of pain and one falls further into depression. Without releasing the toxic emotions pain begins to pile up, creating a stagnation of energy in the body, emotions and mind. When damaging energy is reinforced, the pain multiplies. Dis-ease stores all throughout the being as unprocessed energy with occasional subtle releases through speech and action or rare occasions of extreme outbursts of rage and anger.
Energy is designed to flow effortlessly through the heart and when energy does not flow effortlessly, it gets trapped. The buildup of stagnation begins to turn inward and reverse the polarity of our inherent virtues of kindness and compassion into the acquired emotions of rage and anger.
Why be angry?
Depression is the manifestation of suppressed anger. When sadness and depression pile up without being released, the transformation to anger becomes inevitable. Bottled up tears, repressed experiences these are fuel for fire in the liver.
When we disconnect from our hearts we do not feel compassion. It does not bother someone disconnected from their heart to see someone else being hurt. Someone who is not heart-centered may even laugh at the misfortune and pain of another. Eric Harris was disconnected from his heart. Dylan was lost inside of his. This became apparent to me while reading their journals.
How did we get so far off a heart-centered track that suicide and school massacres have reached epidemic proportions?
There are an infinite number of ways we can pull at the roots. The perspective that resonates the most for the purpose of getting to the core of the problem is examining the paradigm.
What is a paradigm? The definition:
a set of forms all of which contain a particular element,esp. the set of all inflected forms based on a single stem or theme.
a display in fixed arrangement of such a set, as boy,boy’s, boys, boys’.
an example serving as a model; pattern.
A pattern, a model, a path.
What is the paradigm of our culture? Are we heart-centered?
Our situation can be defined as such:
There are two distinct paradigms:
The natural paradigm: whose premise is rooted in sacred geometry, where all of life and its creations are built within parameters defined by a sacred set of rules clearly distinguishable in nature. The code of infinity, source energy; the divine.
The unnatural paradigm: whose premise is rooted in concealing the natural sacred geometrical laws for the benefit of a select few while the masses are controlled inside an unnatural set of laws rooted in mass production, misdirection and geometry far from sacred.
This fundamental principle is not just about Columbine, this is about all imbalance.
When we live in harmony with sacred geometry we live free of disease, free of pollution, free of stress.
Now is a time of great awakening to the inherent paradigm contained in every wave of life. Upon remembering this great truth, future generations will endure less and less suffering until one day all of the planet is synchronized with its true nature. The sacred geometrical laws that drive perfect fractality. No stagnant energy, just true organic symmetry.
Welcome to the age of enlightenment, ancient truths revealed, we bring forth sacred change in each and every being. Transformation in the name of energy and spirit to heal a sick planet, restore supreme health, anchor harmony and remember balance.
Celebrate life,
Dr. Chad Laughlin DMQ

Sorry this was extremely long. I just thought it was very interesting insight into Dylan and wanted to share. For those who may be wondering who's Chad. Chad was one of Dylan's good friends when they were much younger and they were in the CHIPS program together.
Facebook post, Friday, April 20, 2012 at 3:20pm[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 5:51 am

Jamie Shofner (4,412) would occasionnaly walk around the school with Dylan. She recalled one day when she was with him and a few of his friends outside of the school at a designated smoking area. Dylan was given a test from an unknown magazine regarding normalcy. The test indicated that Dylan was normal. Jamie was surprised at the result. She stated she thought Dylan was strange because he always wore his sunglasses. Dylan told her he paid between 200 to 300 dollars for his sunglasses. One day, he was at school and seemed very depressed and he told her it was because he broke his sunglasses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 5:56 am

Quote :
I suppose that is possible. I guess I am just thinking about Dylan and Eric's families and how the would feel if they saw that. But then again, you are right, Dylan and Eric did want to make history with what they were doing, so perhaps they would want their death photo all over the place and turned into puzzles, pillowcases and T-shirts.

I suppose the question for fans is where their loyalty lies. To E/D's families or to E/D themselves. I'm certain that E/D's families wish the whole thing would go away and the world would forget about Columbine and stop dragging it up. That's not what E/D wanted though. Their life goals were vastly different than what their parents wanted for them.

I often wonder what E/D would think of some of the things their fans do. What would they think of the gay fanfiction? Would they be amused that they've become so iconic that their names are being used everywhere? Would they laugh because people are this fucked up that they can write that stuff? Maybe they would be happy that the crude fanfiction and art is offending their victim's families?
Back to top Go down
StinkyOldGrapes

Contribution Points : 99397

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Quote :
But then again, you are right, Dylan and Eric did want to make history with what they were doing, so perhaps they would want their death photo all over the place and turned into puzzles, pillowcases and T-shirts.

E/D wanted to be famous. True. They got what they wanted. They chucked their lives away so they could end up a puzzle on someone's Tumblr page.

Jenn

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:43 pm

AussieLurker wrote:
Quote :

I suppose the question for fans is where their loyalty lies. To E/D's families or to E/D themselves. I'm certain that E/D's families wish the whole thing would go away and the world would forget about Columbine and stop dragging it up. That's not what E/D wanted though. Their life goals were vastly different than what their parents wanted for them.

I often wonder what E/D would think of some of the things their fans do. What would they think of the gay fanfiction? Would they be amused that they've become so iconic that their names are being used everywhere? Would they laugh because people are this fucked up that they can write that stuff? Maybe they would be happy that the crude fanfiction and art is offending their victim's families?
I doubt they would appreciate the gay fanfiction, but what do they expect when they go and do a massacre wearing the same pair of underwear?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 2:16 am

Jenn wrote:
AussieLurker wrote:
Quote :

I doubt they would appreciate the gay fanfiction, but what do they expect when they go and do a massacre wearing the same pair of underwear?

Or sharing the same pair of gloves for that matter..
Back to top Go down
StinkyOldGrapes

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 2:19 am

Quote :

What's this about them wearing the same pair of underwear? I wasn't aware of that.

Do you think either Eric or Dylan was concerned that once they graduated from Columbine they'd go on to different colleges or different life paths where they'd no longer have each other for support? This may have cemented their decision to pull off the massacre before they graduated?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 2:36 am

StinkyOldGrapes wrote:
Quote :

Do you think either Eric or Dylan was concerned that once they graduated from Columbine they'd go on to different colleges or different life paths where they'd no longer have each other for support? This may have cemented their decision to pull off the massacre before they graduated?

Yes, I think a big chunk of it has to do with this.  More so with Eric than with Dylan though.  Dylan had fake plans to go to college.  He applied for colleges, he was accepted.  Dylan then went with his parents to pick out a dorm. He was proactive towards a future even though he knew it was fake.  I think a part of Dylan carved out that future so that NBK would not seem like such a complete reality.  It was back up fake reality.  It was a fake future option.  However, Eric, by contrast, didn't plan for a fake future.  Eric told everyone he'd either do computer stuff or the Marines.  Yet, he never really applied for any college and his parents were puzzled at how apathetic he was about planning his future.  The Marines came to him, he applied but kinda left that outcome open to fate. ( I guess his mother decided that fate for him by letting the Marine recruit know about his taking Luvox and I wonder if that was intentional on her part. Maybe she didn't want him to go.) Anyway, for someone so proactive and goal oriented as Eric was in school - getting good grades, being on time, etc., he had no focus or action taken for his future.   I think that Eric had such a problem losing friends from prior states/schools that a big fear for him was to go on living and lose Dylan if graduation came to pass.  I know in the Basement tapes he was trying to decide whether to do NBK before prom or after.  In any case, it would be just enough weeks away from graduation.  He decided that NBK was the future he was destined for ("this is what I want to do" ) and that he would carry out that occupation with his best friend and end his life with him too.   No chance to ever lose a best friend again.
Back to top Go down
StinkyOldGrapes

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 3:47 am

Quote :
I think that Eric had such a problem losing friends from prior states/schools that a big fear for him was to go on living and lose Dylan if graduation came to pass

I'm now wondering if society's homophobic stance made it impossible for Eric to tell Dylan how much his friendship meant to him? If they hadn't gone through with the massacre if would have been difficult for them to remain such close friends into adulthood without arousing gay suspicion.

Sometimes I get the impression that Dylan didn't care whether he lived or died, so he was comfortable planning his future, but he was also comfortable dying at Columbine.

Quote :
He decided that NBK was the future he was destined for ("this is what I want to do" ) and that he would carry out that occupation with his best friend and end his life with him too.   No chance to ever lose a best friend again.

Do you think if Eric found a steady girlfriend, she would have replaced Dylan as the most important person in his life?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 4:44 am

StinkyOldGrapes wrote:
Quote :
I think that Eric had such a problem losing friends from prior states/schools that a big fear for him was to go on living and lose Dylan if graduation came to pass

I'm now wondering if society's homophobic stance made it impossible for Eric to tell Dylan how much his friendship meant to him? If they hadn't gone through with the massacre if would have been difficult for them to remain such close friends into adulthood without arousing gay suspicion.

Sometimes I get the impression that Dylan didn't care whether he lived or died, so he was comfortable planning his future, but he was also comfortable dying at Columbine.

Quote :
He decided that NBK was the future he was destined for ("this is what I want to do" ) and that he would carry out that occupation with his best friend and end his life with him too.   No chance to ever lose a best friend again.

Do you think if Eric found a steady girlfriend, she would have replaced Dylan as the most important person in his life?

I'm sure Eric would feel a bit uncomfortable telling Dylan how much their friendship meant to him. But I think if Columbine hadn't happened then Eric and Dylan would eventually drift apart. I think this because Dylan would have moved to Arizona and I really couldn't picture Eric following his best friend to college. They might have remained friends and saw eachother over breaks and stuff but I don't think they would have been as close.

And maybe if Eric's was in a serious relationship it would have been more important than his friendship with Dylan. Or maybe he would have wanted and tried to keep the relationship and friendship equal.
Back to top Go down
StinkyOldGrapes

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 5:12 am

Quote :
I'm sure Eric would feel a bit uncomfortable telling Dylan how much their friendship meant to him. But I think if Columbine hadn't happened then Eric and Dylan would eventually drift apart.

Do you think that if Eric (later in life) had found another close friend, he would have attempted to talk him into a different massacre?

I feel like killing people was something that Eric was really devoted to. He couldn't see himself as anything other than a murderer.

Once he became too old to shoot up his school, what other target do you think he would focus on? I've considered that he might attack a public event. That would run the risk of killing children though, and Eric would be a lot less sympathetic if he did that. 

Do you think that Eric or Dylan would have attracted much less sympathy if their target had not been their school?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 5:28 am

If Columbine hadn't happened I would hope Eric would have gotten the help he needed and outgrew his I hate the world and I want to kill everyone phase. I'm an optimist. But if this wasn't the case then maybe he would have gone through with his fantasy of crashing buildings into NYC. Random thought but since he lived in New York for a couple of years I wonder if he visited NYC.

And I think it's possible that they would have gotten less sympathy if they did a shooting at the mall or movie theatre.
Back to top Go down
StinkyOldGrapes

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 5:46 am

Quote :
And I think it's possible that they would have gotten less sympathy if they did a shooting at the mall or movie theatre.

It's an interesting thought. Eric was clear that he wanted to "Kill Mankind". At the time he committed the massacre he was, without a doubt, willing to attack other places too. He was capable of shooting at a mall just as much as he was capable of killing his classmates.

If they shot up a mall, I think the blame on video games would have been even worse. People would have seen the attack as two video game playing children who couldn't tell the difference between fantasy and reality. They'd find it difficult to come to any other explanation. 

I think it also would have been worse for their families if they'd chosen somewhere else besides the school. Dylan's mother views Dylan's death as a suicide. If he'd been vicious enough to attack innocent families at a mall, his homicidal desires wouldn't have been so easy to deny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 1:36 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 4:28 am

“In january 1999, Jennifer and her friend were involved in a minor car accident with Dylan Klebold while in the school parking lot.
Dylan told her she shouldn’t worry about it because the car had been hit before. Eric got out of the passanger side of Dylan’s car and got angry. Then Dylan ordered him to get back in the car, which he did. Dylan was a gentleman.

Is that the same Jennifer that was mentioned in the Basement Tapes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 5:00 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
“In january 1999, Jennifer and her friend were involved in a minor car accident with Dylan Klebold while in the school parking lot.
Dylan told her she shouldn’t worry about it because the car had been hit before. Eric got out of the passanger side of Dylan’s car and got angry. Then Dylan ordered him to get back in the car, which he did. Dylan was a gentleman.

Is that the same Jennifer that was mentioned in the Basement Tapes?

No, it's a different Jennifer.

Just looked it up.. "Jen" in the basement tapes - Jennifer Grant (and Rachael Goodwin)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 10:32 pm

I saw this girl on tumblr saying she hooked up with eric harris before he died but says she is only 25 now. do you think she was probably lying?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:08 pm

Yes I don't believe that for a second.!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:42 pm

I probably have a new favourite site on tumblr.
Hell, these girls are crazy Laughing
Back to top Go down
StinkyOldGrapes

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 6:42 am

Hale-Bopp wrote:
On that page, there is a link "Hybristophilia hater? Read these posts"

Did you read those?

I'd be interested to know how people people justify their animosity towards these girls after reading those posts.

I suppose these type of girls are just easy targets to attack, much like E/D were just easy targets for people at their school.

People love to find someone they can hate.
Back to top Go down
StinkyOldGrapes

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:23 am

On the Tumblr page above, someone posted this:

"What I want is crazy, I know, it's impossible. I want a man who is rotten to the core, who has done terrible things to people... but who will love me. I want to be his one weakness. I want a maniac who hasn't been stopped, who hasn't been noticed. I want to protect him; clean the blood from his hands when he comes home. I want a man who makes me feel like a lion-tamer, proud and happy in the relationship I have nurtured with a strong and powerful predator but always aware that he could turn on me."

These people are attracted to power. Seems normal to me. Female sexuality is an embarrassing subject for society. Parents don't talk to their teenage daughters rationally about lust/sex. So when girls have violent sexual thoughts they're probably not sure what to do with them, which I think is why a lot of E/D fangirls handle their thoughts in inappropriate ways.

But these girls seem like a bunch of nice people. The author of the above Tumblr page seems very intelligent, considerate, and interesting.

I hate the abuse these poor girls get.

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:31 pm

Quote :
On that page, there is a link "Hybristophilia hater? Read these posts"

Did you read those?

I'd be interested to know how people people justify their animosity towards these girls after reading those posts.

I suppose these type of girls are just easy targets to attack, much like E/D were just easy targets for people at their school.

People love to find someone they can hate.

No, I didnt read that. Should I? I never said, that I hate them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 5:27 pm

On the Columbine Tag, a person sent a letter to Jefferson County after the shootings regarding NWO ,Columbine conspiracy and Eric being on mind control. It's really interesting but unfortunaly my laptop is not allowing me to copy and paste.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Take screenshots?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 7:53 am

Has anyone seen the face swap of E/D on Tumblr? It's quite funny to see them as each other.
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101601

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 8:30 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
Has anyone seen the face swap of E/D on Tumblr? It's quite funny to see them as each other.

Saw it, and was very amused by it. And a little disturbed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 8:31 pm

So, too, are the Harrises well remembered. Wayne and Kathy married young, in 1970, and a few years later Wayne entered the Air Force. After that the family never stayed anywhere long. Eric was born in Wichita, Kansas, where his father was stationed as a pilot. Then came Dayton, Ohio, and then Oscoda, Mich.

By that time his father was an aircraft commander and instructor at Wurtsmith Air Force Base. Eric’s fifth-grade teacher, Bonnie Leach, says, “He was the perfect little fifth-grader." He was an A-student, small for his age. “Adorable," she says.

She remembers being impressed that both of Eric’s parents attended parent-teacher conferences. His mother helped out when the class made special shirts for Halloween. “She was just a helpful mom," Leach says. “If I ever called, she was willing to come."

Wayne Harris, meanwhile, was a scout leader and helped coach sports teams. He won election to the Lakewood Shores Property Owners Association. When he ran for the position he wrote that he “desires to become more deeply involved in our community." But then the air base closed. The Harrises moved again, this time to Plattsburgh, N.Y.

Kris Otten became Eric’s best friend. He remembers the sleepovers at the Harris home. “It was a real comforting house. Everything was neat and organized," Otten says. Both parents usually were home. Eric’s mother was always ready with sandwiches for the boys. They’d play computer games, dive off the couches and pillows in the family’s basement, build snow forts.

"The Eric Harris in Colorado that did these things was not the kid I knew in New York," Otten says.

Staff writers Lorraine Adams and Judith Havemann contributed to this report.

^ This makes me so sad to read how different Eric was pre Littleton and probably would have turned out a lot differently if the Harrises wouldn't have moved to Littleon.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:13 pm

Would someone who has a Tumblr account mind posting the forum's new address to the Columbine tag? Because there still seems to be a lot of members who haven't been able to find the forum via the new address and I know some of them originally signed up because they found the link on Tumblr. I don't use Tumblr, but I know a lot of people here do. So if someone could do that for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:15 pm

Jenn wrote:
Would someone who has a Tumblr account mind posting the forum's new address to the Columbine tag? Because there still seems to be a lot of members who haven't been able to find the forum via the new address and I know some of them originally signed up because they found the link on Tumblr. I don't use Tumblr, but I know a lot of people here do. So if someone could do that for me, I'd really appreciate it.

No problem Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:15 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
Jenn wrote:

No problem Very Happy 

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 8:14 am

Why are they crazy? What makes them crazy in your eyes?

Hale-Bopp wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:18 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
On the Columbine Tag, a person sent a letter to Jefferson County after the shootings regarding NWO ,Columbine conspiracy and Eric being on mind control. It's really interesting but unfortunaly my laptop is not allowing me to copy and paste.

Is this the one you were talking about? I saved it onto my computer when I first saw it. Smile I, too, thought it was pretty interesting. I suspect JeffCo got a few more letters like this one detailing all sorts of conspiracy theories.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 5:15 pm

Yes that's the one. Thankyou for posting it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:56 pm

No problem. Glad I could help and that it was the piece you were talking about in the first place. Smile 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 6:49 am

Alyssa Sechler was a friend of Eric’s, although they didn’t really get to talk until his junior year. Every time Eric saw Alyssa at school he would run up to her and give her a huge hug, and tell her she was beautiful. Eric had a crush on Alyssa, but always felt somewhat inferior, always making comments about how he will “never be like Derek". However, she had always held a special place in her heart for him and says she would have given him the chance if he’d tried.

A friend of Eric’s said: "His type of girl was someone who always had open arms, someone he could laugh with and goof off with. Talk about humanity with, someone who was career oriented and had personal goals. Someone outspoken and who wasn’t shy or full of bull. That’s exactly the type of person Alyssa was

I found this on the Columbine Tag and thought it was really sweet. Eric was right she's very pretty I would add the picture but it's not working. I also remember reading  an article that every April 9th Alyssa visits the Harris family and brings them flowers for Eric's birthday. I really hope that's true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 7:09 am

"Talking is not what the crosses invite. They invoke silence. They provoke gifts. They inspire long journeys. Pilgrims, some people say when they look at Clement Park. See, says one, reading a note in a sandwich bag tied to roses. Someone came from Hawaii. Fergie, on a two-hour layover at Denver’s airport, visited Clement Park. A contingent from an Indiana Bible college came in a van. They knelt for an hour Thursday at Harris’s cross, eyes closed, mud on their knees. Offerings are piled two-feet deep and two-feet around the crosses. Harris’s cross was inscribed with: “May God Forgive You," “Your lives were lost long before this ever happened," “He is still god’s child and is loved," “You also deserve our compassion," "?why." “Hate kills the soul," “Shame on you."

On Saturday, Howard and her mother, Kathy Lewis, reach the top of the hill after an hour wait. By that time, the rain was pouring down. When they reached the place where Harris and Klebold’s crosses should have been, the crosses were gone. “This isn’t right," Howard said. She stood in front of flowers, and on top of them, a black and white copy of Harris’s picture, encased in plastic, with a handwritten “X" slashed across it. There was a new makeshift cross, much smaller than the others. Someone had nailed its skinny wooden limbs together and scrawled Harris’s name across it. “If we hate him, we become like him. We hate too. This is how this starts," Howard said."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 7:18 am

Renee on Dylan during their theatre days and added she thought he was a bit strange because he hid in the shadows and did not like to be the center of attention. Although he could have been because he was so funny. I thought it was interesting how Brooks was a male gossiper which doesn't surprise me that much because maybe he got it from his mom who strikes me as a busybody.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 7:24 am

More pictures of Wayne and Kathy.

Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 100863
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 7:56 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
"Talking is not what the crosses invite. They invoke silence. They provoke gifts. They inspire long journeys. Pilgrims, some people say when they look at Clement Park. See, says one, reading a note in a sandwich bag tied to roses. Someone came from Hawaii. Fergie, on a two-hour layover at Denver’s airport, visited Clement Park. A contingent from an Indiana Bible college came in a van. They knelt for an hour Thursday at Harris’s cross, eyes closed, mud on their knees. Offerings are piled two-feet deep and two-feet around the crosses. Harris’s cross was inscribed with: “May God Forgive You," “Your lives were lost long before this ever happened," “He is still god’s child and is loved," “You also deserve our compassion," "?why." “Hate kills the soul," “Shame on you."

On Saturday, Howard and her mother, Kathy Lewis, reach the top of the hill after an hour wait. By that time, the rain was pouring down. When they reached the place where Harris and Klebold’s crosses should have been, the crosses were gone. “This isn’t right," Howard said. She stood in front of flowers, and on top of them, a black and white copy of Harris’s picture, encased in plastic, with a handwritten “X" slashed across it. There was a new makeshift cross, much smaller than the others. Someone had nailed its skinny wooden limbs together and scrawled Harris’s name across it. “If we hate him, we become like him. We hate too. This is how this starts," Howard said."

Harris’s cross was inscribed with: “May God Forgive You," “Your lives were lost long before this ever happened," “He is still god’s child and is loved," “You also deserve our compassion," “Hate kills the soul,"

Those are the words of people who actually know what God is about. Anyone claiming to represent God who went there would have those thoughts in their minds, souls, and hearts.

“Shame on you." and marking an X through their photos has nothing to do with God, and anyone who did that and claims they're God loving and God fearing or Christian is sorely mistaken and needs to really learn about what it means to claim you are a "follower of God".

I know not everyone here believes in God, but I definitely do (I follow no sort of religion, however, and I am not a part of any faction, church, or group, either. I simply believe in God. That's it). And it blows my mind how many people who claimed they were "followers" of God spewed so much hate and behaved in such a narrow minded fashion concerning this.

Now, whether or not their crosses should have been separated from their victims is another story. I can see how and why that would be appropriate overall. But, when a man who was overcome by the immense tragedy of this entire situation creates crosses and drives them from his state to Colorado, and does what he knows God would have wanted him to do, to react with such blatant hatred is mind blowing. Again, anyone claiming they knew God would say "Sir, I don't think the boys who did this should be honored right in the middle of an honoring for their victims. However, I understand why you've included them. Could you perhaps move them behind their victims' crosses? Or behind them and off to the side or something?" That is what a real "Christian" would say and do. And, to be fair, if they couldn't say it then, I hope they can realize how wrong they were now. We all make mistakes, some of them utterly horrible, but the main thing is learning from them and recognizing what was wrong with our behavior and actions and admitting it. Brian Anderson, the kid that was hit with flying glass while he was near the doors with Patti Nielson ASKED Greg Zanis to include crosses for Dylan and Eric, too.

Thank you for posting this, CatherineM813.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 100863
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 7:56 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
Renee on Dylan during their theatre days and added she thought he was a bit strange because he hid in the shadows and did not like to be the center of attention. Although he could have been because he was so funny. I thought it was interesting how Brooks was a male gossiper which doesn't surprise me that much because maybe he got it from his mom who strikes me as a busybody.

Dylan really did seem like he would never be at ease with being the center of attention in most situations. He seemed shy and it appears that he preferred to only be close with a select few. I get the sense that he wasn't comfortable with others who incessantly needed that sort of constant adulation, either.

Brooks does seem to be a bit of a yapper. This girl's comments about him are actually kind of funny!

Thank you again for sharing this, CatherineM813.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:02 am

’I used to talk to Eric once in a while’’ Sowder says. ‚’He was like the sweetest guy I ever knew. He’d do pretty much anything for people he liked. We’d talk mostly about how we got picked on, how the school was not caring what students did. And how some people could get away with anything’’.

And while Eric Harris had been a jerk up until then, after the overture he seemed to turn a corner, Brown said.’’Recently he has been a lot nicer of a guy. He was real- for a long time, and then when I told him I wanted to bury the hatchet he just started being cool to me and just making jokes and being nice’’Brown said. ‚’He was just an odd, nice guy, he was kind of nuts for a while, but I mean, the son of a bitch saved my life basically.’’

‚’’Hoffschneider’s circle- known as ‚’’the steroid poster boys’’- had their cafeteria table. On the other side of the room, skinny boys claimed a table, too. The athletes threw Skittles candy at them, said senior John Savage. Once, athletes threw a bagel close to the table, and the cafeteria emptied for fear of a fight. In the boy’s bathrooms, a graffiti war broke out- ‚’’JOCKS RULE’’ . Came the rejoinder : ‚’’JOCKS SUCK’’
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:06 am

tfsa47090 wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:

Dylan really did seem like he would never be at ease with being the center of attention in most situations. He seemed shy and it appears that he preferred to only be close with a select few. I get the sense that he wasn't comfortable with others who incessantly needed that sort of constant adulation, either.

Brooks does seem to be a bit of a yapper. This girl's comments about him are actually kind of funny!

Thank you again for sharing this, CatherineM813.

Welcome and agreed about Brooks. I like Brooks and am thankful for writing an excellent and truthful book about Columbine and all the information he's given researchers over the years. But I wish I had a dime for everytime he goes into the story with Eric before the shooting started. Plus I wonder why he was so pissed off at Eric for missing a test that he felt the need to curse him out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   The Columbine Tag on Tumblr - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next