Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies?

Go down 
+3
Undyne
Nirvana92
Fatheroftwo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83763
Forum Reputation : 0

How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies? Empty
PostSubject: How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies?   How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 6:34 pm

Let's say E&D had strategically attacked the individual bullies they encountered @ CHS?

Not just any jock, just any social or any antagonizer.. specific individuals who repeatedly bullied them?

For starters I'd have a whole different outlook on them.

I'll never condone killing outside of legitimate life threatening defense/protection. But I'll admit I'd silently smirk & think.. "messed with the wrong kid dumb a**".
Realistically we can't back it, otherwise we'd see an epidemic of student murders.

Final answer:

Wouldn't support it, but it would reduce my frustration/anger by 99%.
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83714
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies?   How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 7:49 pm

Honestly as someone who went through hell in high school I'd feel some bit of shameful pride in the fact they took revenge on their bullies. I doubt I'd ever support the death of children, but it would make it harder to have sympathy for them to an extent. I truthfully believe a lot more "good" would have come from that. Maybe people would have finally come to see bullying for what it is: psychological and mental abuse. We'd have to accept that it really is detrimental to kids. But instead they choose to kill people they'd never even known before the massacre. E and D are viewed as the weird kids who lost their shit and should be demonized, not the product of an unfair system that put them down until they fought back. All in all I'd say it'd make quite a difference in most people's eyes.
Back to top Go down
Undyne

Contribution Points : 102388
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies?   How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 9:31 pm

I'd be annoyed because death is not a proper punishment for bullying.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 97066
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies?   How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 10:01 pm

At one point in my life I would have applauded but now I'd still see it as a tragedy because I don't feel I have the right to say anybody deserves to die or its a good thing someone is dead.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
ellie z

Contribution Points : 82842
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies?   How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 10:14 pm

(Sorry I can't figure out how to actually quote, possibly because I am on my phone.)

"E and D are viewed as the weird kids who lost their shit and should be demonized, not the product of an unfair system that put them down until they fought back. All in all I'd say it'd make quite a difference in most people's eyes."

I completely agree. I was in high school from 2003-2007, and my aunt was a teacher at the time. She was specifically told to watch out for "suspicious looking" kids. This was based solely on the way they dressed really, basically what amounted to the goth/emo kids. Maybe if they'd targeted only bullies, teachers would have been told to watch out for bullies instead of wasting their time being suspicious of every "weird" kid wearing black or a long coat.

As for my personal feelings... If they'd targeted only bullies, as a kid I may have secretly thought, at least on some level, that the bullies got what they deserved. As an adult I don't think it would change how I feel about anything. Kids don't deserve to die for being bullies.

It wouldn't change the level of understanding I have towards E&D either I don't think. I absolutely don't support what they did, but because of my own experiences with bullying and those who condoned or ignored it, I do not struggle to understand how they could look at the whole school as being part of the problem.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98308
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies?   How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 5:48 am

I would not condone it and still feel this is hugely over the top, however it would be for more understandable and my look at both of them would be entirely different and more sympathetic. Such behavior would also clearly point to bullying as the main motive, something which is not teh case for the actual shooting.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98518
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies?   How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 3:57 am

Is this not quite a common thing in America now? Over here we only really hear of the mass shootings but I believe there are shootings every few weeks just involving one fatality? I would take a punt that these types of shootings are revenge based against things like bullies rather than a couple of jerks going round trying to kill everybody like at Columbine.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98308
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies?   How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 7:03 am

Radioactive_Clothing wrote:
Is this not quite a common thing in America now? Over here we only really hear of the mass shootings but I believe there are shootings every few weeks just involving one fatality? I would take a punt that these types of shootings are revenge based against things like bullies rather than a couple of jerks going round trying to kill everybody like at Columbine.
Single killings can be all sorts of issues. Revenge. Drugs. Someone owes someone money. Jealous boyfriend. Jealous girlfriend. Guy gets pissed at teacher.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies?   How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How would you feel if E & D had only targeted/killed bullies?
Page 1 of 1