Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"

Go down 
+21
W.A.R.
PaintItBlack
Lizpuff
Love
Pennydreadful
bradt93
shades
ColumbineIsInterestingAF
gasolinechild
Undyne
eli27
lasttrain
Rebdomine
slippy123
queenfarooq
Jenn
browneyes11
ThoughtBox
sororityalpha
thedude11
LPorter101
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 156199
Forum Reputation : 2814

The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Empty
PostSubject: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 6:21 am

The bullying angle might be somewhat exaggerated, but I maintain that Eric's body language in the "wall of jocks" clip is revealing.

When Eric sees the larger boys approaching, around the 0:15 mark, he stops talking and tenses up. (Note that when Mike Vendegia sees them, he stops looking at Eric and stares straight ahead.) He stands as erect as he can, steeling himself for a confrontation. But as he nears them, he lowers his head and cowers like a dog. (Some claim that he is "ramming" through the wall of jocks in a macho manner, but I disagree.)

Also note that the jock on the right side of the screen is flipping off the camera. It's hard to see, due to the pixelation, but if you look closely you can tell that his middle finger is extended. So the mutual dislike and contempt between the "popular" crowd and the "outcasts" was very real.

Around the 10:50 mark, Eric was humiliated in front of the other boys when a girl who had promised to meet him instead walked out of the room without saying a word:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Around 11:24, he slouches and lowers his head until his chin is resting in his hands. His body language indicates that he is giving up, accepting defeat. He has already lost - that girl has already walked up the stairs and out of his life, at least for the moment - so there's no point in puffing himself up any longer.

Examine Eric's facial expression around the 11:40 mark. Is that the face of a swaggering ladies' man at the top of his Game, or that of a dorky boy who is beating himself up over his pathetic inability to prevent yet another cruel rejection? (Or neither?)

(Yes, I know about the buttrape theory.)

What do you think?

Contribution Points : 87317
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 7:18 am

Good analysis, but I think we need to keep in perspective that it's just one day out of those 4 years, I don't think it's too representative to be quite honest, if they had only made more videos of them inside of the school, now that would have been great for analysis... I think it's kinda hard not to over analyze things based solely on this video.

Whenever I see this video I just see constant tension in Eric. He's definitely not comfortable at all in that surrounding, I think you're definitely right when you say that he tenses up with that jock encounter, he stops talking as if it's embarrassing for him to talk in front of those jocks, he doesn't want them to hear what he was saying, he doesn't want that used against him at all. Tension, his head towards the ground definitely shows submission and him just going through hoping not to get showed or hit.

In the first part of the video and the whole 'jacked up the ass' talk, I just see him as extremely bored, uncomfortable, not wanting to talk about those every day mundane, boring stuff. His friend got a job, who cares, I think he also feels very annoyed by the way that guy in that white shirt talked, I bet he was thinking "God, let this just end, I wanna go elsewhere. I want to talk about Doom, guns, anything else". I honestly see the whole first part of the video as a form of torture for him. The second part where he talked to that girl who said "Erics are cool", I think he's more relaxed, a bit more comfortable, not as tensed, maybe because not so many people were there, or maybe he felt not as exposed.

I always found that sound he made at the end of the video interesting and after a few seconds he says "I hate when people make that sound". Then why do you do it if you hate it? Seems to me he really wanted to be like other people, but kept repressing himself for some reason.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 127759
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 2:15 pm

Don't forget that when the "wall of 4 jocks" were coming towards him that Eric DID NOT move out of the way at all and he went ahead of Mike towards them.

The head down was more of a protective measure in case they tried to hit his face or whatever.

If Eric was truly cowardly in the above encounter then he would have moved out of the way and/or would have slowed down etc.

Say what you will BUT it was Eric that forced the "wall" to move around him and not the other way around.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 87271
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 10:54 am

I would also add that one should keep in mind that Eric knew he was being videotaped at the time, perhaps he would have acted and responded differently to the "wall of jocks," etc., if there were no cameras around.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 87994

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 12:56 pm

Is the blonde chick from the beginning of the video the same person as the girl Eric and Mike talk to at the end? I always thought it was but I noticed the first girl has a slightly different voice and she is wearing a white short sleeved shirt with sweat pants. The other girl is wearing a long white sleeved shirt and blue jeans. But the fact that they both mention Ben Affleck made the think it was the same chick.

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 122216
Forum Reputation : 1024

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 1:19 pm

browneyes11 wrote:
Is the blonde chick from the beginning of the video the same person as the girl Eric and Mike talk to at the end? I always thought it was but I noticed the first girl has a slightly different voice and she is wearing a white short sleeved shirt with sweat pants. The other girl is wearing a long white sleeved shirt and blue jeans. But the fact that they both mention Ben Affleck made the think it was the same chick.
Same backpack too. I think it's the same girl. Maybe she changed clothing before going downstairs? That seems odd though. Why would she just up and change clothes in the middle of a school day? Unless she had phys-ed or something.

Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 105737
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 1:51 pm

Jenn wrote:
browneyes11 wrote:
Same backpack too. I think it's the same girl. Maybe she changed clothing before going downstairs? That seems odd though. Why would she just up and change clothes in the middle of a school day? Unless she had phys-ed or something.

They were filmed on different days / times. Eric is also wearing different pants in both videos.

Last edited by queenfarooq on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 2:21 pm

queenfarooq wrote:
Jenn wrote:
browneyes11 wrote:

They were filmed on different days. Eric is also wearing different pants in both videos.
 But isn't he wearing the same shirt?

Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 105737

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 3:07 pm

browneyes11 wrote:
queenfarooq wrote:
Jenn wrote:
browneyes11 wrote:

They were filmed on different days. Eric is also wearing different pants in both videos.
 But isn't he wearing the same shirt?

He is. I don't have any notes to hand but I'm sure the videos were filmed in two parts either at different times or on different days.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 122216
Forum Reputation : 1024

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 3:40 pm

queenfarooq wrote:
Jenn wrote:
browneyes11 wrote:

They were filmed on different days / times. Eric is also wearing different pants in both videos.
I thought Eric might have had different pants on. It looked like in the 2nd part of it he was wearing shorts. I definitely think it's the same girl though.

Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 108763
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 4:52 pm

Anyone think it's possible to figure out who those jocks were in the hallway video?
Back to top Go down
Rebdomine

Contribution Points : 78971

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 7:52 pm

Jenn wrote:
queenfarooq wrote:
Jenn wrote:
browneyes11 wrote:

I thought Eric might have had different pants on. It looked like in the 2nd part of it he was wearing shorts. I definitely think it's the same girl though.

The girl in both videos are Brandi Tinklenburg.

Contribution Points : 105538
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 10:28 am

"The wall of jocks" is the most exaggerated story in the history of the Columbine.

A group of people barely bump in the hall and we are supposed to believe this contributed to a school shooting. Give me a break.

Isabela dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 12:49 pm

lasttrain wrote:
"The wall of jocks" is the most exaggerated story in the history of the Columbine.

A group of people barely bump in the hall and we are supposed to believe this contributed to a school shooting.  Give me a break.

It was the atmosphere of Columbine that contributed heavily to the shooting. The wall of jokes is merely an example of that atmosphere.

Isabela likes this post

Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 86932
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 2:00 pm

browneyes11 wrote:
lasttrain wrote:

A group of people barely bump in the hall and we are supposed to believe this contributed to a school shooting.  Give me a break.

It was the atmosphere of Columbine that contributed heavily to the shooting. The wall of jokes is merely an example of that atmosphere.

Exactly. The wall of jocks was no defining factor, but it certainly displays the negativity in CHS - as well as being evidence that (sorry Cullen) E&D were not at the top of the food chain.

Isabela likes this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 4:22 pm

Quote :

A group of people barely bump in the hall and we are supposed to believe this contributed to a school shooting. Give me a break.

One of the jocks is flipping off the camera. This shows the hostility that the jocks felt toward Eric and the other kids at the lower end of the totem pole.

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 11:40 pm

This kind of interaction happens in the hallway of every high school thousands of times a day. If this was a cause of high school shootings, they would be happening every day.

The cause of the shooting was not the jocks. It was whatever happened in Eric and Dylan that made them respond to a typical school atmosphere with the desire to kill 400 people most of whom they had never met.

That is the cause of Columbine. Not the music. Not the video games. Not the jocks.

Isabela dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 12:16 am

lasttrain wrote:
This kind of interaction happens in the hallway of every high school thousands of times a day.  If this was a cause of high school shootings, they would be happening every day.

The cause of the shooting was not the jocks. It was whatever happened in Eric and Dylan that made them respond to a typical school atmosphere with the desire to kill 400 people most of whom they had never met.

That is the cause of Columbine.  Not the music.  Not the video games.  Not the jocks.

I don't know what kind of school you went to but that kind of harassment didn't happen at my school. So saying its typical is just bullshit. Sure there were jocks and outcasts at my school but for the most part, they stayed separate and left eachother alone. They teased eachother, sure. But never did they pulled a power play like we see in the wall of jocks. 

They clearly have room to walk past them without walking through them. This isnt a crowded hallway. The jocks see Eric and Mike and they turn right towards. As if they are saying "this is my fucking school get the fuck outta our way"

So you're saying that Eric and Dylan's high school experience had absolutely  no influence on thier desire to kill people AT THEIR SCHOOL?!
That makes very little sense to me....
If that's true then why didn't they attack anywhere else?

Back to top Go down
Undyne

Contribution Points : 105238
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 2:43 pm

I've watched the wall of jocks video again and again over the years, desperately trying to see what everyone else is seeing that I am not.

1.  There is no flailing of arms.  Once again I must reiterate that Brooks is wrong.
2.  I don't see anyone flipping off the camera.  Is it the student on the right?  He's so pixelated that I can't see a damn thing.
3.  "The jocks plow right into them!"  Eric and Mike scoot right on past.   I guess hallway adequate dictates that the jocks were on the wrong side of the hallway.
4.  Is anyone ever going to comment on the fact that Mike turns around and says in a goofy voice, "I think you guys should be doing some video production stuff."?  Yeah, I can just see the seething hatred between the nerds and jocks.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 3:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Contribution Points : 105238
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 4:00 pm

So you have nothing to say about Mike saying, "Shouldn't you guys be doing some video production stuff?"? Here, I can make up a scenario too:

Those guys were in the same class. They know Mike and Eric V. and are on good terms with them. Dude on the right flips off the camera and then messes with Eric V. because he's horsing around. Mike turns around and jokes that they're horsing around rather than doing school stuff. Eric Harris takes it personally because he's an idiot.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 4:04 pm

sergeant hartman wrote:
So you have nothing to say about Mike saying, "Shouldn't you guys be doing some video production stuff?"?  Here, I can make up a scenario too:

Those guys were in the same class.  They know Mike and Eric V. and are on good terms with them.  Dude on the right flips off the camera and then messes with Eric V. because he's horsing around.  Mike turns around and jokes that they're horsing around rather than doing school stuff.  Eric Harris takes it personally because he's an idiot.

Yes, you've hit the nail on the head - Eric is not Mike.

(But I hasten to add that, when Mike sees the jocks, he looks straight at them. He doesn't even look at Eric - Eric sees them, and then he shuts up and looks straight at them, too. If you can't tell that they're intimidated, then you don't know how to read body language.)

Mike pokes fun at Eric when Brandi humiliates him - "Eric got jacked up the ass!" Eric looks wounded. (How do you interpret the expression on his face.) But boys don't complain about such things - you're supposed to be a man and suck it up. But it's not good to suck things up all the time - the anger festers and eats away at you.

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 4:07 pm

Confident or stupid ... I have seen many fighters tilt their chins up to other fighters and get KO

Just one example: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This guy is funny: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 4:08 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
Confident or stupid ... I have seen many fighters tilt their chins up to other fighters and get KO

Just one example: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This guy is funny: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yes, but Eric is not an MMA fighter ... he's a kid walking through the hallway. And these assholes are trying to trip him up.

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 4:08 pm

The thing is that the jocks are daring the smaller boys to get out of the way. It is a power trip for them.

The one thing you never do is move out of the way ... that marks you as a total wuss.

Eric does not move, but he does lose his nerve. He looks down.

The way to "win" this kind of confrontation is to look straight ahead. (Look for something off in the distance - a door, maybe - and focus your eyes on it. Don't take your eyes off of it, no matter what.) If you can do that and not flinch, then you are signaling that you are not intimidated.

One time, when I was in school, I was going from classroom to classroom delivering newspapers. (I was on the school paper.)

A group of boys were trying to intimidate me, making dumb remarks.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that one was planning to jump out at me. I steeled myself and mentally said, "Don't react."

Sure enough, the dumbass kid jumped out at me and yelled "Boo!" ... and I didn't even react. I didn't look at him or anything. I kept right on walking. But I could hear the other boys muttering to themselves.

They never bothered me again - didn't even look at me.

But I was a lot bigger than Eric, even when I was a freshman. So it's not as if I had big guys challenging me left and right.

I have to admit that there were even times when I kind of tried to psych out other guys myself. There was this short guy who was a football player. (He was muscular and had a very pretty girlfriend.) I didn't "jump" him, per se, but when I passed him in the hallway I would kind of stand up to my full height to see how he reacted. He would pass me with a steely expression on his face, not even acknowledging my presence.

The thing is that boys (and some men) are always wanting to show that they're the top dog. They do lots of dumb things. But a little kid like Eric gets a lot more shit than a big one does.

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 4:12 pm

... Eric and Dylan answered back with guns
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 8:01 pm

For me the video is remarkable for how little conflict there seems to be between Eric and the jocks. If what I've been told about Columbine is true there should've been fists flying all over the place.  I don't see anything here but totally routine jostling among high school boys.  

I just cannot watch this and understand how someone could think it was the cause of mass murder.  The cause of mass murder was whatever was inside Eric that made them react to normal conflict with mass murder of people they didn't know
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 108763
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 9:18 pm

lasttrain wrote:
For me the video is remarkable for how little conflict there seems to be between Eric and the jocks.  If what I've been told about Columbine is true there should've been fists flying all over the place.  I don't see anything here but totally routine jostling among high school boys.  

I just cannot watch this and understand how someone could think it was the cause of mass murder.  The cause of mass murder was whatever was inside Eric that made them react to normal conflict with mass murder of people they didn't know

This is just a grain of salt, a small snippet of the day. This could be the 10th time that something like that happened just on that day alone. We don't know.
Eric kind of looks like, "Oh here we go again, round 10 of the day", and just didn't have the energy to do anything but put his head down and muttle by. I guess only they would have that answer.
As far as that kind of bullying being the ONLY reason for the shooting, I don't agree. It was a mix of things, but I think we all know E & D's personally flaws that lead them to think and feel the way they did, by now.
Back to top Go down
gasolinechild

gasolinechild

Contribution Points : 88752

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 12:46 am

slippy123 wrote:
lasttrain wrote:
For me the video is remarkable for how little conflict there seems to be between Eric and the jocks.  If what I've been told about Columbine is true there should've been fists flying all over the place.  I don't see anything here but totally routine jostling among high school boys.  

This is just a grain of salt, a small snippet of the day. This could be the 10th time that something like that happened just on that day alone. We don't know.
Eric kind of looks like, "Oh here we go again, round 10 of the day", and just didn't have the energy to do anything but put his head down and muttle by. I guess only they would have that answer.
As far as that kind of bullying being the ONLY reason for the shooting, I don't agree. It was a mix of things, but I think we all know E & D's personally flaws that lead them to think and feel the way they did, by now.

When casual disrespect like that is a normal school experience, it has a way of inflaming anyone's personality flaws.

(ngl when I first watched this video I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary about it..."wuh? Isn't this how everyone gets treated by others?" Then I realized why I constantly felt angry at everyone and ashamed of myself.)
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 12:47 am

I bump, therefore I am.

Contribution Points : 68862
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 1:13 am

He really was nothing but a fucking coward if you think about it. In his journal, writing about how he's so great and better than everyone and he hates everyone and insults them and talks shit, but what does he do when the jocks want to fuck with and walk into him together? Nothing, doesn't even say a word, just puts his head down and takes it like a little bitch. Bet he ran home and had a lot to say about it in his journal though, haha.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 1:19 am

ColumbineIsInterestingAF wrote:
He really was nothing but a fucking coward if you think about it. In his journal, writing about how he's so great and better than everyone and he hates everyone and insults them and talks shit, but what does he do when the jocks want to fuck with and walk into him together? Nothing, doesn't even say a word, just puts his head down and takes it like a little bitch. Bet he ran home and had a lot to say about it in his journal though, haha.

A superiority complex is usually an attempt to overcompensate for deep feelings of inferiority.

The root of his self-loathing was his inability to live up to the masculine ideal exemplified not only by his no-nonsense military father and his popular-jock brother, but by society as a whole. Eric was a short, scrawny geek. He was a smart guy, not bad-looking, but somewhat shy and awkward. He lacked confidence.

He was constantly reminded of his inadequacy. Bigger boys dominated him; pretty girls rejected him.

He wanted respect, and the only way he could figure out to get it was to make some bombs and get some guns and show all those snotty fucks that Eric Harris was a force to be reckoned with.

For him, NBK was all about revenge - not for bullying, per se, but for all of the perceived humiliations wrought upon him by his ostensible peers who failed to adulate his prowess.

shades

Contribution Points : 83247
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 1:25 am

I think all the more that proves to me that Eric was indeed small and insecure and it provides a better look at who he truly was as a person and definitely wasn't a psycho or sociopath. He was only in control when he had a gun in his hand.
Also, Brandi was there when the wall of jocks came by so he most certainly hoped they didn't embarrass him infront of her.
Back to top Go down
ColumbineIsInterestingAF

Contribution Points : 68862
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 1:39 am

shades wrote:

I think all the more that proves to me that Eric was indeed small and insecure and it provides a better look at who he truly was as a person and definitely wasn't a psycho or sociopath. He was only in control when he had a gun in his hand.
Also, Brandi was there when the wall of jocks came by so he most certainly hoped they didn't embarrass him infront of her.
Oh I totally agree with you that he wasn't a sociopath, there's a ton of circumstantial evidence for that and I'll even re direct you to what I had to say about it on this thread: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Also in his journal he even specifically said he was insecure around girls.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 94381
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 12:17 am

Pretty girls are very shallow people and it's actually quite pathetic that they don't give nerds a chance.

Contribution Points : 68700

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 2:51 am

bradt93 wrote:
Pretty girls are very shallow people and it's actually quite pathetic that they don't give nerds a chance.
I don't think it's fair to generalize like that.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 1:29 pm

It's true though and to beat it all most of the nerds I knew in school grew up to be successful and attractive. I'm just so tired though in general of the "popular" vs "nerd" thing in high schools, why can't everyone treat each other the same?

Love

Contribution Points : 70991
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 1:58 pm

Last edited by Love on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 99524
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 1:59 pm

bradt93 wrote:
It's true though and to beat it all most of the nerds I knew in school grew up to be successful and attractive. I'm just so tired though in general of the "popular" vs "nerd" thing in high schools, why can't everyone treat each other the same?

There is an episode of the Fairly Odd Parents ( a kid's cartoon) where the boy wishes that everyone was the same so that no one would be picked on. Everyone was transformed into grey blobs that were exactly the same. In the end they STILL picked on each other. Even though they were 100% the same, they picked on those that were less grey or lumpier.

The fact of the matter is, kids will pick on other kids for real or made up reasons. That is part of being human. If we all had perfect personalities with no defects or things that made us feel bad about ourselves maybe it wouldn't happen, but that won't happen.

bradt93

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 2:18 pm

Yea, but teachers and principals have a responsibility to make the bullying environment tolerable.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 2:26 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Yea, but teachers and principals have a responsibility to make the bullying environment tolerable.

Yes but again those people are humans and humans make mistakes. There are so many possibilities. Perhaps the bullying occurs when no one is around and the person hides it. Perhaps it turns into a he said she said situation. Saying someone should stop all bullying is a blanket statement.

PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 99916
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 12:52 am

ColumbineIsInterestingAF,
I wouldn't call somebody who killed themselves the way he did a coward in any way.

Going through with suicide is always a sad and tragic thing but its not cowardly.
Sometime you should read testimonies of suicide survivors to see how it was to actually make a serious attempt.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 73673
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 2:46 am

If you watch at the beginning you'll notice the jocks switch sides. definitely did it on purpose to fuck with Eric and his friends.

Eric i think was mostly worried about them embarrassing him in front of Blondie.
Back to top Go down
runreilly

runreilly

Contribution Points : 69854

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 11:12 am

Undyne wrote:
So you have nothing to say about Mike saying, "Shouldn't you guys be doing some video production stuff?"?  Here, I can make up a scenario too:

Those guys were in the same class.  They know Mike and Eric V. and are on good terms with them.  Dude on the right flips off the camera and then messes with Eric V. because he's horsing around.  Mike turns around and jokes that they're horsing around rather than doing school stuff.  Eric Harris takes it personally because he's an idiot.

^This.

Eric was never touched... Why has no one mentioned this? Are we really going to analyze Eric's body posture and a heavily pixilated "middle finger" (which could have just been a kid scratching his face) and fail to notice the fact that Eric wasn't even touched?

And why are they being called "A wall of jocks?" No one knows who they are. We have no way of knowing if this was bullying or just friends messing around. Eric braces himself for impact, no one so much as touches him, then he immediately turns and smiles. That voice Mike uses really sounds like he is kidding. There really doesn't seem to be much in the way of genuine conflict or aggression. Eric might have been bullied like crazy at school, but this video does not show it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 11:18 am

Lizpuff wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

There is an episode of the Fairly Odd Parents ( a kid's cartoon) where the boy wishes that everyone was the same so that no one would be picked on.  Everyone was transformed into grey blobs that were exactly the same.  In the end they STILL picked on each other.  Even though they were 100% the same, they picked on those that were less grey or lumpier.  

Well if some were more grey or lumpier then they weren't 100% same Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 11:32 am

runreilly wrote:
Undyne wrote:

And why are they being called "A wall of jocks?"  

Mostly because Brooks Brown said so in the documentary.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 11:33 am

Magnaphoria wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

There is an episode of the Fairly Odd Parents ( a kid's cartoon) where the boy wishes that everyone was the same so that no one would be picked on.  Everyone was transformed into grey blobs that were exactly the same.  In the end they STILL picked on each other.  Even though they were 100% the same, they picked on those that were less grey or lumpier.  

Well if some were more grey or lumpier then they weren't 100% same Very Happy

HAHA well the thing was they were all the same. the people were making up reasons to put the others down.

Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 11:35 am

Magnaphoria wrote:
runreilly wrote:
Undyne wrote:

And why are they being called "A wall of jocks?"  

Mostly because Brooks Brown said so in the documentary.

Yes and he also said it was Dylan on the camera.  Which it wasn't so I really think that someone had described this before to Brooks and he just regurgitated it as normal Brooks does

Criminalprofiling123

Criminalprofiling123

Contribution Points : 68781

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 11:47 am

I know this is weird but I noticed that after the jocks passed by I see Eric was smiling a bit.
I don't if he was smiling because he knew they were messing around or because he escaped getting harassed

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 2:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"   The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The wall of jocks and "Eric got jacked up the ass"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next