Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?  Empty
PostSubject: Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?    Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 4:54 am

I think this comparison makes a lot more sense than the NBK one, and it is ultimately what they settled for..
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 123252
Forum Reputation : 1024

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?    Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 5:06 am

Dylan wanted to do 'NBK' with a girl. I am not familiar with either of these movies and don't like watching stuff like that, (which you already know) so I don't know what happens in them but from Dylan's journal he says that he wants to go on a killing spree with a girl he is in love with. Obviously that never happened and he settled for Eric.

Honestly, what are the chances that Eric had this exact same idea earlier on but just never wrote it in his journal? To me it's clear this was Dylan's idea. Although no matter how much proof you put on the table some people just can't be convinced. Some people like to pick and choose pieces of evidence to make the outcome what they want instead of actually wanting the truth.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?    Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 5:10 am

Jenn wrote:
Dylan wanted to do 'NBK' with a girl. I am not familiar with either of these movies and don't like watching stuff like that, (which you already know) so I don't know what happens in them but from Dylan's journal he says that he wants to go on a killing spree with a girl he is in love with. Obviously that never happened and he settled for Eric.

Honestly, what are the chances that Eric had this exact same idea earlier on but just never wrote it in his journal? To me it's clear this was Dylan's idea. Although no matter how much proof you put on the table some people just can't be convinced. Some people like to pick and choose pieces of evidence to make the outcome what they want instead of actually wanting the truth.
I know they were going for something else (NBK) but they ended up doing something very similar to Pulp Fiction (which you should know I'm obsessed with lol).

One parallel that I find pretty interesting is Vincent was lazy and unorganized (like Dylan) and Jules was neat and extremely good at planning (like Eric).
Back to top Go down
bubbles

Contribution Points : 79367
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?    Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 5:15 am

Jenn wrote:
Dylan wanted to do 'NBK' with a girl. I am not familiar with either of these movies and don't like watching stuff like that, (which you already know) so I don't know what happens in them but from Dylan's journal he says that he wants to go on a killing spree with a girl he is in love with.

Yes, seems he was obsessed with the movie "Natural Born Killers" and was looking for a Mallory for his Mickey. Dylan's appearance towards the end of his life even mimics Mickey. Pretty sad and pathetic that someone could idolise a movie to that extent.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?    Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 5:18 am

Ivan wrote:
Jenn wrote:

I know they were going for something else (NBK) but they ended up doing something very similar to Pulp Fiction (which you should know I'm obsessed with lol).

One parallel that I find pretty interesting is Vincent was lazy and unorganized (like Dylan) and Jules was neat and extremely good at planning (like Eric).
Just because they named it NBK doesn't necessarily mean they were planning to do exactly what was done in that movie. Either way, I think that movies did play a part. I believe Dylan got the idea from these movies.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?    Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 5:20 am

Jenn wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Just because they named it NBK doesn't necessarily mean they were planning to do exactly what was done in that movie. Either way, I think that movies did play a part. I believe Dylan got the idea from these movies.
I think Dylan watched a lot of Tarantino's films. I am not sure if they purposely planned things to mimic Pulp Fiction; but in my opinion they looked that way in the end:

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?    Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 5:25 am

Ivan wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Jenn wrote:

I think Dylan watched a lot of Tarantino's films. I am not sure if they purposely planned things to mimic Pulp Fiction; but in my opinion they looked that way in the end:

Stop trying to get me to watch these bloody films, lol. The last time I watched a clip you showed me from this movie someone accidentally blew someone else's head off!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?    Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 5:27 am

Jenn wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Stop trying to get me to watch these bloody films, lol. The last time I watched a clip you showed me from this movie someone accidentally blew someone else's head off!
That scene isn't too bad lol.
Back to top Go down
Jbow89

Contribution Points : 79335
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?    Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 11:26 am

I know they were fans of the movie Natural Born Killers but I think when they say "Go NBK" refers to them being naturally born to kill and has nothing to do with the movie. I think they liked the idea that people can be born evil and natural killers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?    Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric and Dylan = Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction?
Page 1 of 1