Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Dylan's mental state

Go down 
+20
Freezingmoon
sscc
Hectic
Gctiger
PaintItBlack
Undyne
ThoughtBox
lasttrain
Sane One
Lizpuff
bubbles
TaylorsMom
Jenn
Squid
shades
em81
Belladonna
Draw_It_White
astrospace92
NotYourRobot
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gctiger




Posts : 15
Contribution Points : 76788
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-20

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 4:16 am

Squid wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I ask you to not ban [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] let him keep saying "fuck you" to me and let him keep coming up with false accusations about me and let him keep twisting my words around. And show everyone what an un-constructive, closed minded BULLY he is. If I believed in karma it would be at times like this.
Twisting your words around? I'm literally talking direct quotes from you.  And no, I'm not a bully.  What karma do you wish would go in effect?  You want me to get gunned down?  Quit tip-toeing and just say what's actually on your mind.


Last edited by Gctiger on Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack


Posts : 1656
Contribution Points : 97816
Forum Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-02-12
Age : 37

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 4:33 am

This thread is almost certain to get locked again.

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Undyne




Posts : 211
Contribution Points : 103138
Forum Reputation : 27
Join date : 2013-03-17

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 5:00 am

sscc wrote:

I don't think it was the message they were really trying to express but it's what anyone who looks at this situation trying to find answers should probably be thinking about. People are constantly belittling "outsiders" and making snap judgments about everyone. People get pleasure out of taking others down a notch. People (especially teenagers but also adults) are cruel and always ready to make you feel like a fool for going your own way in life. A little kindness would go a long way.

You don't think I know this already?  Why do I need Eric and Dylan to remind me that a lot of people in this world are cruel? It's not some brilliant epiphany.  Answer me this: why should Eric and Dylan be the ones to show us the way?  I'm getting a little tired of this accusation about how if I don't feel that much sympathy for Eric and Dylan, then all of a sudden I don't care about bullying.  There are millions of other bullied kids who are more deserving of my compassion than Eric and Dylan.  I feel like I've typed that sentence before on this forum, and I'm sure I'll type it again eventually.

Quote :
Whether or not anyone likes it, no one can deny that tons of people still relate to Eric and Dylan's feelings and experiences. Doesn't that bother you?
They have been so hurt by this world that they can understand (or even support) wanting to murder all of your classmates?
 
It bothers me that they don't point to Phoebe Prince's suicide as an example of what happens when bullying gets out hand.  Why not support her instead?

Quote :
Does that not matter at all or have you just decided that they are bad people and deserve to be hurt, just like most people have concluded about Eric and Dylan? It's safe to show disdain, accuse them of being mentally ill or treat them badly because they are "not like you."

Who on this forum is showing disdain for bullied kids?  I slag on Eric and Dylan because they murdered people, not because they were bullied.


Quote :
People are cruel because they're taught that it's okay to be cruel to certain people. Eric and Dylan just took it to an extreme. They saw that for all the talk of love and compassion, people rarely back that up with their actions. We can learn to be nicer to people because of stuff like Columbine if we choose to, regardless of what Eric and Dylan believed themselves. I don't blame the people who were unkind to Eric/Dylan for their homicidal behavior but I don't absolve them of their inconsiderate and hurtful actions just because Eric and Dylan chose to do terrible things in the end. One thing does not cancel out the other because we are ALL responsible for ALL of our actions, not just Eric and Dylan.

I'd rather people learn to be nice because it's the right thing to do, not because they're scared that someone is going to shoot them.
Back to top Go down
anonacc489




Posts : 66
Contribution Points : 75791
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-03-09

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 5:12 am

Undyne wrote:
sscc wrote:

I don't think it was the message they were really trying to express but it's what anyone who looks at this situation trying to find answers should probably be thinking about. People are constantly belittling "outsiders" and making snap judgments about everyone. People get pleasure out of taking others down a notch. People (especially teenagers but also adults) are cruel and always ready to make you feel like a fool for going your own way in life. A little kindness would go a long way.

You don't think I know this already?  Why do I need Eric and Dylan to remind me that a lot of people in this world are cruel? It's not some brilliant epiphany.  Answer me this: why should Eric and Dylan be the ones to show us the way?  I'm getting a little tired of this accusation about how if I don't feel that much sympathy for Eric and Dylan, then all of a sudden I don't care about bullying.  There are millions of other bullied kids who are more deserving of my compassion than Eric and Dylan.  I feel like I've typed that sentence before on this forum, and I'm sure I'll type it again eventually.

Quote :
Whether or not anyone likes it, no one can deny that tons of people still relate to Eric and Dylan's feelings and experiences. Doesn't that bother you?
They have been so hurt by this world that they can understand (or even support) wanting to murder all of your classmates?
 
It bothers me that they don't point to Phoebe Prince's suicide as an example of what happens when bullying gets out hand.  Why not support her instead?

Quote :
Does that not matter at all or have you just decided that they are bad people and deserve to be hurt, just like most people have concluded about Eric and Dylan? It's safe to show disdain, accuse them of being mentally ill or treat them badly because they are "not like you."

Who on this forum is showing disdain for bullied kids?  I slag on Eric and Dylan because they murdered people, not because they were bullied.


Quote :
People are cruel because they're taught that it's okay to be cruel to certain people. Eric and Dylan just took it to an extreme. They saw that for all the talk of love and compassion, people rarely back that up with their actions. We can learn to be nicer to people because of stuff like Columbine if we choose to, regardless of what Eric and Dylan believed themselves. I don't blame the people who were unkind to Eric/Dylan for their homicidal behavior but I don't absolve them of their inconsiderate and hurtful actions just because Eric and Dylan chose to do terrible things in the end. One thing does not cancel out the other because we are ALL responsible for ALL of our actions, not just Eric and Dylan.

I'd rather people learn to be nice because it's the right thing to do, not because they're scared that someone is going to shoot them.

I agree with your points, and I'm also getting a little annoyed that people are STILL saying that Columbine was caused by bullying, or that bullying was the leading driving factor behind Columbine.

It really irks me when people take a very complicated historical event caused by two very complex people with different minds than what is considered the norm, and completely and utterly dismisses it as being caused by bullying. That is so stupid. I don't mean to break the flaming rule, but come on now.
Back to top Go down
CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight


Posts : 64
Contribution Points : 81797
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-07-10
Location : Brazil.

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 5:38 am

this thread's on fire,dog.
I understand both sides,but truth has been said:most 'columbiners'(this word alone is cringeworthy) girls feel sympathy for E&D because they're cute white teens who acted badass and had 'love sensibility'(as on the also cringeworthy Dylan letters).I doubt if they were obese greasy nerds who looked hispanic or black or anything they would receive all this sympathy.

And I've had a lot of struggles in my school years,so I can relate to being at the bottom of the popularity scenario.
But E&D weren't vigilantes or leaders of an outcast revolution.They killed innocent people.It's almost like they chose the weakest to kill,and spared real cunts like Rocky Hoffschneider.

_________________
'Life is on the wire.The rest is waiting.'

I'll take your brain to another dimension
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack


Posts : 1656
Contribution Points : 97816
Forum Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-02-12
Age : 37

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 5:44 am

CaptainMidnight wrote:
this thread's on fire,dog.
I understand both sides,but truth has been said:most 'columbiners'(this word alone is cringeworthy) girls feel sympathy for E&D because they're cute white teens who acted badass and had 'love sensibility'(as on the also cringeworthy Dylan letters).I doubt if they were obese greasy nerds who looked hispanic or black or anything they would receive all this sympathy.

And I've had a lot of struggles in my school years,so I can relate to being at the bottom of the popularity scenario.
But E&D weren't vigilantes or leaders of an outcast revolution.They killed innocent people.It's almost like they chose the weakest to kill,and spared real cunts like Rocky Hoffschneider.


I don't find the word cringeworthy. I like it as it is a a quick way to identify yourself as a member of the subculture.

You really think this is what all this is about? Some good looks?
Back to top Go down
bubbles




Posts : 236
Contribution Points : 76267
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-02-27

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 7:14 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
CaptainMidnight wrote:
this thread's on fire,dog.
I understand both sides,but truth has been said:most 'columbiners'(this word alone is cringeworthy) girls feel sympathy for E&D because they're cute white teens who acted badass and had 'love sensibility'(as on the also cringeworthy Dylan letters).I doubt if they were obese greasy nerds who looked hispanic or black or anything they would receive all this sympathy.

And I've had a lot of struggles in my school years,so I can relate to being at the bottom of the popularity scenario.
But E&D weren't vigilantes or leaders of an outcast revolution.They killed innocent people.It's almost like they chose the weakest to kill,and spared real cunts like Rocky Hoffschneider.


I don't find the word cringeworthy. I like it as it is a a quick way to identify yourself as a member of the subculture.

You really think this is what all this is about? Some good looks?

They raise a valid point. Not saying that you or other people in this thread personally favour Eric or Dylan for their appearance, but you can't really deny that Eric and Dylan have garnered a lot of attention because of their looks. A quick visit to tumblr or a browse through instagram will make this apparent. Of course, they weren't exactly male models, but they were decent-looking guys. I've noticed that Seung-Hui Cho doesn't receive nearly the same amount of sympathy, attention or admiration that Eric and Dylan receive, despite the fact that he claimed in his manifesto he was bullied like Eric and Dylan reportedly were and there were also accounts from people who said he was bullied.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1338
Contribution Points : 84862
Forum Reputation : 773
Join date : 2016-02-27

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 7:24 am

Fuck it.


Last edited by sscc on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bubbles




Posts : 236
Contribution Points : 76267
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-02-27

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 7:28 am

Squid wrote:


No "'nuff" said. E&D DID NOT KILL ANYONE 6-7 YEARS OF AGE.  That is disgusting. They killed 15-47 years of age. Well old enough to be aware of there actions and how they affect other people.  

Yep, Kelly Fleming, that quiet, unassuming girl who had recently moved from Arizona to Colorado with her family 18 months before the shooting and wrote poetry totally should've known how her actions affected Eric and Dylan. You're right, Eric didn't shoot that shotgun slug in her back for nothing. As soon as you become a teenager, you are no longer innocent by default.
Back to top Go down
bubbles




Posts : 236
Contribution Points : 76267
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-02-27

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 8:29 am

Undyne wrote:
sscc wrote:

I don't think it was the message they were really trying to express but it's what anyone who looks at this situation trying to find answers should probably be thinking about. People are constantly belittling "outsiders" and making snap judgments about everyone. People get pleasure out of taking others down a notch. People (especially teenagers but also adults) are cruel and always ready to make you feel like a fool for going your own way in life. A little kindness would go a long way.

You don't think I know this already?  Why do I need Eric and Dylan to remind me that a lot of people in this world are cruel? It's not some brilliant epiphany.  Answer me this: why should Eric and Dylan be the ones to show us the way?  I'm getting a little tired of this accusation about how if I don't feel that much sympathy for Eric and Dylan, then all of a sudden I don't care about bullying.  There are millions of other bullied kids who are more deserving of my compassion than Eric and Dylan.  I feel like I've typed that sentence before on this forum, and I'm sure I'll type it again eventually.

Quote :
Whether or not anyone likes it, no one can deny that tons of people still relate to Eric and Dylan's feelings and experiences. Doesn't that bother you?
They have been so hurt by this world that they can understand (or even support) wanting to murder all of your classmates?
 
It bothers me that they don't point to Phoebe Prince's suicide as an example of what happens when bullying gets out hand.  Why not support her instead?

Quote :
Does that not matter at all or have you just decided that they are bad people and deserve to be hurt, just like most people have concluded about Eric and Dylan? It's safe to show disdain, accuse them of being mentally ill or treat them badly because they are "not like you."

Who on this forum is showing disdain for bullied kids?  I slag on Eric and Dylan because they murdered people, not because they were bullied.


Quote :
People are cruel because they're taught that it's okay to be cruel to certain people. Eric and Dylan just took it to an extreme. They saw that for all the talk of love and compassion, people rarely back that up with their actions. We can learn to be nicer to people because of stuff like Columbine if we choose to, regardless of what Eric and Dylan believed themselves. I don't blame the people who were unkind to Eric/Dylan for their homicidal behavior but I don't absolve them of their inconsiderate and hurtful actions just because Eric and Dylan chose to do terrible things in the end. One thing does not cancel out the other because we are ALL responsible for ALL of our actions, not just Eric and Dylan.

I'd rather people learn to be nice because it's the right thing to do, not because they're scared that someone is going to shoot them.

Beautiful. My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn


Posts : 3133
Contribution Points : 120049
Forum Reputation : 1014
Join date : 2013-03-14
Location : A place where it always snows.

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 11:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
You are causing a major uproar within our community and I do not know if it's intentional or these things you have been saying are truly how you feel. And while, yes, I do believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I encourage people to share them and ask the community to respects others opinions, but there gets to a point where a line needs to be drawn and we are at that line.

The things that you are posting on this board are inappropriate, disrespectful and just vicious. In running this board, I know that it may be extremely tough for victims, survivors and anyone affected at Columbine to see that such a site exists and here we do our best to protect their privacy and try to take them into consideration when we make posts/discuss them on this board. Coming onto this board and saying you wish that Dylan and Eric would have blown up the entire school, stating that innocent 15 year old children are old enough to know they are 'not innocent' and that Isiah deserved to be brutally murdered because he 'fit a quota' are extremely disrespectful to the victims and survivors who actually went through Columbine. And while you are entitled to feel whatever you want about Columbine, I draw the line and am not going to allow you to continue to talk like this on my forum.

We have people on this forum who were actually IN the Library and to this day, they still struggle with mental health issues. Victims and survivors visit our board as guests on a regular basis and I REFUSE to let them see someone on a forum that I own talking about how they wish Dylan and Eric would have blown them up. I'm sorry, but no, if these are the kind of discussions you want to participate in, this forum and this community is not the place to do it in.

I try the best that I can to be fair in the decisions that I make on my forum but I am not going to ban respected members of this community, some who have been here for years and have never caused any problems whatsoever, for sticking up for the people who were viciously murdered by Dylan and Eric and for sticking up for the other people you said you wished they blew up.

As for the other members in this thread, none of you will be receiving a written warning and none of you will be banned. Any warnings you received prior to today, will be removed. I hope all of you will stay in the community and will continue to feel comfortable sharing your thoughts on the board.

_________________
"I’ll see you in Heaven if you make the list"
Zachary Patrick Bowen (March 7, 1995-November 5, 2021).
I miss you little brother.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox


Posts : 407
Contribution Points : 85171
Forum Reputation : 13
Join date : 2015-03-26
Age : 45
Location : NY, U.S.A.

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 3:50 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Radioactive_Clothing wrote:
These people who defend what Eric and Dylan did because they felt like they were wronged in the same ways at high school really do sicken me.

I sometimes sit at home and shake my head in disbelief at some of the things written.


Yeah, well its so easy to say that if you didn't live through what I did and what my best friend did. It's so easy to set upon a high horse and say "I'd NEVER want to do that no matter how badly I was treated by how many at my school.I'd never feel or think that way." if you didn't go through it.
If you went through what we did you might understand the desire to  go crazy on the people at our school that we had.And I no longer condone what E &D did but I do sympathize with why they did it and I remain  very sympathetic to them.
If you didn't go through it, you can't know how or why I feel the way I do and other Columbiners out there do. Disagree all you want but that is the way I see it.

You're very sympathetic towards them without even knowing for sure the extent of their bullying. That tells me that people like you are just fishing for reasons to sympathise, any reason at all. I'm very sorry to hear what you went through and agree that bullying can cause rash thoughts/actions especially when you're a teenager, but there comes a time when you grow up and realise those thoughts were down mostly to the fact that you were an angry teenager at the time. If those sinister thoughts travel with you into well into adulthood, I reckon there's a problem.


I've been a Columbiner since Day 1. I know everything you do and maybe more.I really don't need you telling me that I'm fishing for anything.I have my strongly backed up opinions and beliefs just like you do.
I cannot even tell you  what I have went through to come out the other side.
I have only shared a small portion of the story of my best friend and I.
There is a lot more to what happened to us, what we went through.

I have grown up.But that kind of long term abuse and humiliation is not easy to forget or get over.
Now that I have lived to be more than a decade older than them,I realize what kids E&D actually were.

First off, I am honestly horrified to read what you have written about what you went through. I thought I went to a pretty tough school in New York, and it was NOTHING as you describe your experience. As a mental health professional, I hope that there is some kind of positive, post-traumatic growth aspect to this story that has made you a stronger person and/or allowed you to help others.

I don't think I am going out on a limb by stating that I don't think E/D went through anything as brutal as you and your friend did. Not even close to that. By all accounts, and from what we know, I don't think what they dealt with was anything much different than many of us have had to face, but I don't think it was anything as brutal as what you describe here.

_________________
"I will have a love, someone who is me in a way. Someday ... possibly thru this life, maybe another, but it will happen..."  --DK, The Book of Existences

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox


Posts : 407
Contribution Points : 85171
Forum Reputation : 13
Join date : 2015-03-26
Age : 45
Location : NY, U.S.A.

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 3:55 pm

Undyne wrote:


I'd rather people learn to be nice because it's the right thing to do, not because they're scared that someone is going to shoot them.

Amen!

_________________
"I will have a love, someone who is me in a way. Someday ... possibly thru this life, maybe another, but it will happen..."  --DK, The Book of Existences

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox


Posts : 407
Contribution Points : 85171
Forum Reputation : 13
Join date : 2015-03-26
Age : 45
Location : NY, U.S.A.

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 3:58 pm

bubbles wrote:

They raise a valid point. Not saying that you or other people in this thread personally favour Eric or Dylan for their appearance, but you can't really deny that Eric and Dylan have garnered a lot of attention because of their looks. A quick visit to tumblr or a browse through instagram will make this apparent. Of course, they weren't exactly male models, but they were decent-looking guys. I've noticed that Seung-Hui Cho doesn't receive nearly the same amount of sympathy, attention or admiration that Eric and Dylan receive, despite the fact that he claimed in his manifesto he was bullied like Eric and Dylan reportedly were and there were also accounts from people who said he was bullied.

Of course, because Cho was Asian and not attractive, and Lanza was bizarre looking (to say the least). BUT E/D, oh my, they were cuties indeed. NOT. Rolling Eyes

_________________
"I will have a love, someone who is me in a way. Someday ... possibly thru this life, maybe another, but it will happen..."  --DK, The Book of Existences

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
em81




Posts : 374
Contribution Points : 102499
Forum Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-04-20
Age : 43
Location : Germany

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 4:08 pm

ThoughtBox wrote:
bubbles wrote:

They raise a valid point. Not saying that you or other people in this thread personally favour Eric or Dylan for their appearance, but you can't really deny that Eric and Dylan have garnered a lot of attention because of their looks. A quick visit to tumblr or a browse through instagram will make this apparent. Of course, they weren't exactly male models, but they were decent-looking guys. I've noticed that Seung-Hui Cho doesn't receive nearly the same amount of sympathy, attention or admiration that Eric and Dylan receive, despite the fact that he claimed in his manifesto he was bullied like Eric and Dylan reportedly were and there were also accounts from people who said he was bullied.

Of course, because Cho was Asian and not attractive, and Lanza was bizarre looking (to say the least). BUT E/D, oh my, they were cuties indeed. NOT. Rolling Eyes

LOL first thought in 1999 after i watched the news and saw their pics:"fucking crazy, ugly guys!" but hey everyone should have his/her own taste. and of course their pics were terrible.
Back to top Go down
Squid




Posts : 85
Contribution Points : 75721
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-03-09
Age : 33

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 4:22 pm

Why are you making this about who looks better???
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox


Posts : 407
Contribution Points : 85171
Forum Reputation : 13
Join date : 2015-03-26
Age : 45
Location : NY, U.S.A.

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 4:31 pm

Squid wrote:
Why are you making this about who looks better???

We aren't, some of us are just making some candid observations. Murder is an ugly, ugly thing regardless of the perpetrator.

_________________
"I will have a love, someone who is me in a way. Someday ... possibly thru this life, maybe another, but it will happen..."  --DK, The Book of Existences

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack


Posts : 1656
Contribution Points : 97816
Forum Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-02-12
Age : 37

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 4:36 pm

bubbles wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
CaptainMidnight wrote:
this thread's on fire,dog.
I understand both sides,but truth has been said:most 'columbiners'(this word alone is cringeworthy) girls feel sympathy for E&D because they're cute white teens who acted badass and had 'love sensibility'(as on the also cringeworthy Dylan letters).I doubt if they were obese greasy nerds who looked hispanic or black or anything they would receive all this sympathy.

And I've had a lot of struggles in my school years,so I can relate to being at the bottom of the popularity scenario.
But E&D weren't vigilantes or leaders of an outcast revolution.They killed innocent people.It's almost like they chose the weakest to kill,and spared real cunts like Rocky Hoffschneider.


I don't find the word cringeworthy. I like it as it is a a quick way to identify yourself as a member of the subculture.

You really think this is what all this is about? Some good looks?

They raise a valid point. Not saying that you or other people in this thread personally favour Eric or Dylan for their appearance, but you can't really deny that Eric and Dylan have garnered a lot of attention because of their looks. A quick visit to tumblr or a browse through instagram will make this apparent. Of course, they weren't exactly male models, but they were decent-looking guys. I've noticed that Seung-Hui Cho doesn't receive nearly the same amount of sympathy, attention or admiration that Eric and Dylan receive, despite the fact that he claimed in his manifesto he was bullied like Eric and Dylan reportedly were and there were also accounts from people who said he was bullied.


I think it is a valid pint. And yes,that is a part of it for a lot because they were good looking guys.I think it's only a fraction of the whole though.Many Columbiners put a lot of time, energy, effort and emotion into this and I think that must be about a lot more than good looks.
I can't speak for anyone else but Cho seemed so mentally ill that I'm surprised he could even function at all.
Same with Adam Lanza.I'm sorry for them but that is as far as I can go there.

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox


Posts : 407
Contribution Points : 85171
Forum Reputation : 13
Join date : 2015-03-26
Age : 45
Location : NY, U.S.A.

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 4:52 pm

CaptainMidnight wrote:
this thread's on fire,dog.
I understand both sides,but truth has been said:most 'columbiners'(this word alone is cringeworthy) girls feel sympathy for E&D because they're cute white teens who acted badass and had 'love sensibility'(as on the also cringeworthy Dylan letters).I doubt if they were obese greasy nerds who looked hispanic or black or anything they would receive all this sympathy.
(my bolding)

Truer words have never been written before in this forum.

What we have in this forum, I think, is Columbiners vs. Columbine researchers (I deign to use the word "enthusiast" for obvious reasons). But there's no reason for us to argue, belittle, or be mean to anyone. I suppose it all boils down to why and what we hope to get out of this forum. I am looking for more info on the case, stuff that hasn't been considered much before (see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s stickied thread "Dylan's Journals", e.g.), and more enlightenment on this "pet" subject of mine in my professional work as well.


_________________
"I will have a love, someone who is me in a way. Someday ... possibly thru this life, maybe another, but it will happen..."  --DK, The Book of Existences

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack


Posts : 1656
Contribution Points : 97816
Forum Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-02-12
Age : 37

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 4:57 pm

ThoughtBox wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Radioactive_Clothing wrote:
These people who defend what Eric and Dylan did because they felt like they were wronged in the same ways at high school really do sicken me.

I sometimes sit at home and shake my head in disbelief at some of the things written.


Yeah, well its so easy to say that if you didn't live through what I did and what my best friend did. It's so easy to set upon a high horse and say "I'd NEVER want to do that no matter how badly I was treated by how many at my school.I'd never feel or think that way." if you didn't go through it.
If you went through what we did you might understand the desire to  go crazy on the people at our school that we had.And I no longer condone what E &D did but I do sympathize with why they did it and I remain  very sympathetic to them.
If you didn't go through it, you can't know how or why I feel the way I do and other Columbiners out there do. Disagree all you want but that is the way I see it.

You're very sympathetic towards them without even knowing for sure the extent of their bullying. That tells me that people like you are just fishing for reasons to sympathise, any reason at all. I'm very sorry to hear what you went through and agree that bullying can cause rash thoughts/actions especially when you're a teenager, but there comes a time when you grow up and realise those thoughts were down mostly to the fact that you were an angry teenager at the time. If those sinister thoughts travel with you into well into adulthood, I reckon there's a problem.


I've been a Columbiner since Day 1. I know everything you do and maybe more.I really don't need you telling me that I'm fishing for anything.I have my strongly backed up opinions and beliefs just like you do.
I cannot even tell you  what I have went through to come out the other side.
I have only shared a small portion of the story of my best friend and I.
There is a lot more to what happened to us, what we went through.

I have grown up.But that kind of long term abuse and humiliation is not easy to forget or get over.
Now that I have lived to be more than a decade older than them,I realize what kids E&D actually were.

First off, I am honestly horrified to read what you have written about what you went through. I thought I went to a pretty tough school in New York, and it was NOTHING as you describe your experience. As a mental health professional, I hope that there is some kind of positive, post-traumatic growth aspect to this story that has made you a stronger person and/or allowed you to help others.

I don't think I am going out on a limb by stating that I don't think E/D went through anything as brutal as you and your friend did. Not even close to that. By all accounts, and from what we know, I don't think what they dealt with was anything much different than many of us have had to face, but I don't think it was anything as brutal as what you describe here.


Thank you.
The bullying was so bad that I've had people outright call me a liar saying it couldn't have been that bad or express doubts that it was as bad as I said it was.I don't know what else to say except to relate my experience as it happened.That's why I get offended when people make a sweeping judgment on all Columbiners or look down on us as bad people because that's not always the case at all.
Their bullying probably wasn't as bad as mine but I think it was bad enough in the sense that their bullying and alienation was where it all started for them.
It's not a justification but if they had not been bullied and alienated I believe they would not have started on the road to doing this.People will disagree but that's what I believe.
If you look at the history of almost every shooter how many have been well liked and popular?I can only think of one possible match.Jaylen Fryberg.But I don't know enough about his case to say for sure.

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack


Posts : 1656
Contribution Points : 97816
Forum Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-02-12
Age : 37

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 5:09 pm

ThoughtBox wrote:
CaptainMidnight wrote:
this thread's on fire,dog.
I understand both sides,but truth has been said:most 'columbiners'(this word alone is cringeworthy) girls feel sympathy for E&D because they're cute white teens who acted badass and had 'love sensibility'(as on the also cringeworthy Dylan letters).I doubt if they were obese greasy nerds who looked hispanic or black or anything they would receive all this sympathy.
 (my bolding)

Truer words have never been written before in this forum.

What we have in this forum, I think, is Columbiners vs. Columbine researchers (I deign to use the word "enthusiast" for obvious reasons). But there's no reason for us to argue, belittle, or be mean to anyone. I suppose it all boils down to why and what we hope to get out of this forum. I am looking for more info on the case, stuff that hasn't been considered much before (see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s stickied thread "Dylan's Journals", e.g.), and more enlightenment on this "pet" subject of mine in my professional work as well.


ThoughtBox,there is some truth to the vs point you made here but I must point out that the researchers greatly outnumber the Columbiners on this forum.Including Squid,I think there are 3 of us who are active here.There are a couple more who I believe are Columbiners by their user names but they don't say much so I can't say for sure.As this is a discussion board not a Columbiner board,I can't complain about that but you could say that we Columbiners are outnumbered by a wide margin.It makes no difference.I just think it's worth noting.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack


Posts : 1656
Contribution Points : 97816
Forum Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-02-12
Age : 37

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 5:15 pm

Squid wrote:
This is not JUST about bullying this is about putting an end to this flawed society! This is about starting a revolution. It's not the only revolution happening. But it is a start for the school system. BABYLON MUST BE DESTROYED! All societies have and will fall. It is time to end this. And rebuild a paradise. In this paradise. The world will be in balance it will know world peace. Sadly you the hoi polloi will not let the parents of E&D know in their lifetime their sons could/are martyrs of a new beginning for society. Their victims DID NOT die in vain. They died for a good cause. THERE DEATHS ARE HONORABLE. I know you people think I'm bat shit crazy and are a little scared but it's because you don't understand. D&E did what they had to do. No one would listen. You people well not listen. How many teen suicides well you let go on?????? How much pain and suffering in the world will you let go on? How much land, water, and air will you let be destroyed?? The governments, the law makers, the bankers, the school system, the people with power THEY ARE THE MURDERS THEY ARE THE BULLIES. Wake the fuck up. Stop playing your stupid roles and open your eyes and mind.

Let me ask you this if Hitler went to a movie theatre. And you worked at that movie theatre would you do as your told or would you bomb it and prevent all the suffering of millions granted you'd also be Killing lots of other people in the process?

Squid,what you are speaking about here will never happen until the world ends, the final battle occurs which is when Christ will return.After that happens there will be a new world, a perfect world where all will dwell in peace and harmony and there is no suffering or cruelty anymore.
But look to Christ as he is the only one who will bring this about.
Humans will never ever make it happen.
With human nature being as it is, they couldn't even if they tried.
Back to top Go down
Squid




Posts : 85
Contribution Points : 75721
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-03-09
Age : 33

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 5:25 pm

I'm not gong to sit around waiting for Christ. If there is a god, he made me. I am a part of him. I have the power to bring on a judgement day so does every human if they look inside there hearts and see what is really there. I hope to see heaven on earth in my lifetime even if destruction is necessary.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox


Posts : 407
Contribution Points : 85171
Forum Reputation : 13
Join date : 2015-03-26
Age : 45
Location : NY, U.S.A.

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 5:37 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
Squid wrote:
This is not JUST about bullying this is about putting an end to this flawed society! This is about starting a revolution. It's not the only revolution happening. But it is a start for the school system. BABYLON MUST BE DESTROYED! All societies have and will fall. It is time to end this. And rebuild a paradise. In this paradise. The world will be in balance it will know world peace. Sadly you the hoi polloi will not let the parents of E&D know in their lifetime their sons could/are martyrs of a new beginning for society. Their victims DID NOT die in vain. They died for a good cause. THERE DEATHS ARE HONORABLE. I know you people think I'm bat shit crazy and are a little scared but it's because you don't understand. D&E did what they had to do. No one would listen. You people well not listen. How many teen suicides well you let go on?????? How much pain and suffering in the world will you let go on? How much land, water, and air will you let be destroyed?? The governments, the law makers, the bankers, the school system, the people with power THEY ARE THE MURDERS THEY ARE THE BULLIES. Wake the fuck up. Stop playing your stupid roles and open your eyes and mind.

Let me ask you this if Hitler went to a movie theatre. And you worked at that movie theatre would you do as your told or would you bomb it and prevent all the suffering of millions granted you'd also be Killing lots of other people in the process?

Squid,what you are speaking about here will never happen until the world ends, the final battle occurs which is when Christ will return.After that happens there will be a new world, a perfect world where all will dwell in peace and harmony and there is no suffering or cruelty anymore.
But look to Christ as he is the only one who will bring this about.
Humans will never ever make it happen.
With human nature being as it is, they couldn't even if they tried.

Thank you, I didn't realize the disparity in numbers. I think I get caught up in reading the posts and not looking at the names/affiliations/etc.

_________________
"I will have a love, someone who is me in a way. Someday ... possibly thru this life, maybe another, but it will happen..."  --DK, The Book of Existences

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White


Posts : 1114
Contribution Points : 99268
Forum Reputation : 154
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 39
Location : England

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 6:18 pm

Squid wrote:
I'm not gong to sit around waiting for Christ. If there is a god, he made me. I am a part of him. I have the power to bring on a judgement day so does every human if they look inside there hearts and see what is really there. I hope to see heaven on earth in my lifetime even if destruction is necessary.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - can you not ban this utter, utter clown? I don't come here to read this trash.
Back to top Go down
Squid




Posts : 85
Contribution Points : 75721
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-03-09
Age : 33

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 6:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] then why do you keep coming to this post? I was asked to share my views and keep explaining because they did not get it. And in doing such I get attacked which makes me want to explain more. So in the future just avoid this post. Read and comment on the others. I'm going to only explain my personal views in this post. Then I'll be silent about my personal views and only leave comments in the facts and evidence section. Not the thoughts on the shooting section. Because no one wants to hear any radically different thinking. And I'm tired of people trying to personally attack me. Stop it. You do not know me.
Back to top Go down
rockiemontana




Posts : 47
Contribution Points : 76486
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-02-04
Age : 57
Location : oregon

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 7:05 pm

"How much pain and suffering in the world will you let go on?" how can pain and suffering be stamped out with more pain and suffering? Im not trying to be mean but squid please get some help.
Back to top Go down
rockiemontana




Posts : 47
Contribution Points : 76486
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-02-04
Age : 57
Location : oregon

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 7:27 pm

I am not attacking you squid. I see how passionate your posts are and because of that i have challenged myself to try to understand your point of view. I have stretched my mind like a piece of taffy and i can kind of see some of your points. But overall i really dont get it. Frankly i find your views frightening and i hope you can open your mind and explore other options
Back to top Go down
Hectic

Hectic


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 80330
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2015-09-06

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 7:36 pm

Radioactive_Clothing wrote:
Squid wrote:
I'm not gong to sit around waiting for Christ. If there is a god, he made me. I am a part of him. I have the power to bring on a judgement day so does every human if they look inside there hearts and see what is really there. I hope to see heaven on earth in my lifetime even if destruction is necessary.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - can you not ban this utter, utter clown? I don't come here to read this trash.

This. Enough is enough. Either Squid is a massive sadistic WUM or serious about what he/she is saying. Either way it's sickening.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn


Posts : 3133
Contribution Points : 120049
Forum Reputation : 1014
Join date : 2013-03-14
Location : A place where it always snows.

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 7:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has been banned indefinitely from this forum. I gave her a final written warning within this thread yesterday asking her to stop with the cruel comments towards the children murdered at Columbine. I was once again ignored as she went on to say that these children had a purpose for being murdered. These additional comments resulted in her ban. I absolutely WILL NOT allow anyone to leave comments on my forum saying that these innocent children and innocent teacher deserved to die or that their deaths were justified in any way whatsoever.

_________________
"I’ll see you in Heaven if you make the list"
Zachary Patrick Bowen (March 7, 1995-November 5, 2021).
I miss you little brother.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White


Posts : 1114
Contribution Points : 99268
Forum Reputation : 154
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 39
Location : England

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 7:55 pm

Jenn wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has been banned indefinitely from this forum. I gave her a final written warning within this thread yesterday asking her to stop with the cruel comments towards the children murdered at Columbine. I was once again ignored as she went on to say that these children had a purpose for being murdered. These additional comments resulted in her ban. I absolutely WILL NOT allow anyone to leave comments on my forum saying that these innocent children and innocent teacher deserved to die or that their deaths were justified in any way whatsoever.

Good. What do we do when we get an oddball like that? Do they need reporting anywhere? His/ Her comments could be interpreted as quite threatening.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 11:18 pm

^ man, I think it's time to get off this forum now, too many weirdos/messed up people.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White


Posts : 1114
Contribution Points : 99268
Forum Reputation : 154
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 39
Location : England

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 11:41 pm

x5000x wrote:
^ man, I think it's time to get off this forum now, too many weirdos/messed up people.

It really is quite worrying as to who is coming on and posting some of this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Hectic

Hectic


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 80330
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2015-09-06

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 12:13 am

A forum of this nature is always going to attract the wrong sorts, the important thing is that action has been taken. I can completely see why the owner might want to keep some controversial figures around to boost activity on the forum, but some posters lurking here genuinely sound dangerous. Squid, whoever that person was needed serious help if the posts were serious. There's still others here too that might need looking at.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 12:34 am

Hectic wrote:
A forum of this nature is always going to attract the wrong sorts, the important thing is that action has been taken. I can completely see why the owner might want to keep some controversial figures around to boost activity on the forum, but some posters lurking here genuinely sound dangerous. Squid, whoever that person was needed serious help if the posts were serious. There's still others here too that might need looking at.

I just think it's kind of unhealthy to even be on here talking about this shit for years on end. It's not productive or good for your life to still be talking about this stuff years after. I was around when it happened and was the same age as these two, enough is enough.
Back to top Go down
Sane One




Posts : 174
Contribution Points : 86098
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-29

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 12:48 am

Problem is, they and Columbine get brought up every single time a school shooting happens in America (even college).

To dig even deeper, since April 20th 1999, has shit really changed in America? I mean, really? Think about it. I would suggest America has gotten even worse since.



Last edited by Sane One on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hectic

Hectic


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 80330
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2015-09-06

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 12:51 am

x5000x wrote:
Hectic wrote:
A forum of this nature is always going to attract the wrong sorts, the important thing is that action has been taken. I can completely see why the owner might want to keep some controversial figures around to boost activity on the forum, but some posters lurking here genuinely sound dangerous. Squid, whoever that person was needed serious help if the posts were serious. There's still others here too that might need looking at.

I just think it's kind of unhealthy to even be on here talking about this shit for years on end. It's not productive or good for your life to still be talking about this stuff years after. I was around when it happened and was the same age as these two, enough is enough.

True. I was eight when this happened, only really took interest in my teens and now i'm 24 and still crave to know more about the tragedy.  It's very unproductive but then again so are so many other things we do in our daily lives. Some people might cook the same shit over and over.  I'm most likely talking shite here though as I've a few beers on me. Razz
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack


Posts : 1656
Contribution Points : 97816
Forum Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-02-12
Age : 37

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 12:52 am

I wanted to warn Squid that she would get banned if she kept on with those sort of comments but I didn't know if it would be appropriate to say anything.

Who still needs looking at here Hectic? I hope you don't mean me as I am no threat to anyone.Not every Columbiner is some dangerous threat.
There are at least a few thousand die hard Columbiners all over the globe and of those numbers I'd say less than 100 have ever taken or planned to take any sort of action.
I have heard of a few Columbiners over the years who have sadly killed themselves,but that's not the same thing.

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1338
Contribution Points : 84862
Forum Reputation : 773
Join date : 2016-02-27

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 12:53 am

x5000x wrote:
Hectic wrote:
A forum of this nature is always going to attract the wrong sorts, the important thing is that action has been taken. I can completely see why the owner might want to keep some controversial figures around to boost activity on the forum, but some posters lurking here genuinely sound dangerous. Squid, whoever that person was needed serious help if the posts were serious. There's still others here too that might need looking at.

I just think it's kind of unhealthy to even be on here talking about this shit for years on end. It's not productive or good for your life to still be talking about this stuff years after. I was around when it happened and was the same age as these two, enough is enough.

Goodbye then. I hope you enjoy your new healthy choices.
Back to top Go down
Hectic

Hectic


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 80330
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2015-09-06

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 12:59 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
I wanted to warn Squid that she would get banned if she kept on with those sort of comments but I didn't know if it would be appropriate to say anything.

Who still needs looking at here Hectic? I hope you don't mean me as I am no threat to anyone.Not every Columbiner is some dangerous threat.
There are at least a few thousand die hard Columbiners all over the globe and of those numbers I'd say less than 100 have ever taken or planned to take any sort of action.
I have heard of a few Columbiners  over the years who have sadly killed themselves,but that's not the same thing.

I wasn't referring to you although I do disagree with the angle of some of your posts.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack


Posts : 1656
Contribution Points : 97816
Forum Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-02-12
Age : 37

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 1:02 am

Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
I wanted to warn Squid that she would get banned if she kept on with those sort of comments but I didn't know if it would be appropriate to say anything.

Who still needs looking at here Hectic? I hope you don't mean me as I am no threat to anyone.Not every Columbiner is some dangerous threat.
There are at least a few thousand die hard Columbiners all over the globe and of those numbers I'd say less than 100 have ever taken or planned to take any sort of action.
I have heard of a few Columbiners  over the years who have sadly killed themselves,but that's not the same thing.

I wasn't referring to you although I do disagree with the angle of some of your posts.


That's fine.I just don't want anyone to think that about me.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1338
Contribution Points : 84862
Forum Reputation : 773
Join date : 2016-02-27

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 1:19 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
I wanted to warn Squid that she would get banned if she kept on with those sort of comments but I didn't know if it would be appropriate to say anything.

Who still needs looking at here Hectic? I hope you don't mean me as I am no threat to anyone.Not every Columbiner is some dangerous threat.
There are at least a few thousand die hard Columbiners all over the globe and of those numbers I'd say less than 100 have ever taken or planned to take any sort of action.
I have heard of a few Columbiners  over the years who have sadly killed themselves,but that's not the same thing.

I wasn't referring to you although I do disagree with the angle of some of your posts.

That's fine.I just don't want anyone to think that about me.

It would be ridiculous for anyone to think that based on the posts I've read from you. If it makes people uncomfortable, that's not your problem because you didn't do anything wrong. Don't worry about what anyone thinks of you, if you can help it, because you know what's in your heart and that's all that matters.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack


Posts : 1656
Contribution Points : 97816
Forum Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-02-12
Age : 37

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 1:46 am

sscc wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
I wanted to warn Squid that she would get banned if she kept on with those sort of comments but I didn't know if it would be appropriate to say anything.

Who still needs looking at here Hectic? I hope you don't mean me as I am no threat to anyone.Not every Columbiner is some dangerous threat.
There are at least a few thousand die hard Columbiners all over the globe and of those numbers I'd say less than 100 have ever taken or planned to take any sort of action.
I have heard of a few Columbiners  over the years who have sadly killed themselves,but that's not the same thing.

I wasn't referring to you although I do disagree with the angle of some of your posts.

That's fine.I just don't want anyone to think that about me.

It would be ridiculous for anyone to think that based on the posts I've read from you. If it makes people uncomfortable, that's not your problem because you didn't do anything wrong. Don't worry about what anyone thinks of you, if you can help it, because you know what's in your heart and that's all that matters.

TY.It means a lot. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hectic

Hectic


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 80330
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2015-09-06

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 2:16 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
I wanted to warn Squid that she would get banned if she kept on with those sort of comments but I didn't know if it would be appropriate to say anything.

Who still needs looking at here Hectic? I hope you don't mean me as I am no threat to anyone.Not every Columbiner is some dangerous threat.
There are at least a few thousand die hard Columbiners all over the globe and of those numbers I'd say less than 100 have ever taken or planned to take any sort of action.
I have heard of a few Columbiners  over the years who have sadly killed themselves,but that's not the same thing.

I wasn't referring to you although I do disagree with the angle of some of your posts.


That's fine.I just don't want anyone to think that about me.

You seem like a good guy, It's just that the ''you don't know what I've been through, if you did you would sympathasise  with E&D'' stuff that bothers me. Seems almost pretentious. Nothing could make me feel sorry for them, although I am very interested in what surrounds the tragedy.  It sounds like you did go through hell and you almost took lives yourself  , but why do you need to use your painful experiences to then display sorrow for two kids that actually did something as unforgivably terrible?
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack


Posts : 1656
Contribution Points : 97816
Forum Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-02-12
Age : 37

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 2:27 am

Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
I wanted to warn Squid that she would get banned if she kept on with those sort of comments but I didn't know if it would be appropriate to say anything.

Who still needs looking at here Hectic? I hope you don't mean me as I am no threat to anyone.Not every Columbiner is some dangerous threat.
There are at least a few thousand die hard Columbiners all over the globe and of those numbers I'd say less than 100 have ever taken or planned to take any sort of action.
I have heard of a few Columbiners  over the years who have sadly killed themselves,but that's not the same thing.

I wasn't referring to you although I do disagree with the angle of some of your posts.


That's fine.I just don't want anyone to think that about me.

You seem like a good guy, It's just that the ''you don't know what I've been through, if you did you would sympathasise  with E&D'' stuff that bothers me. Seems almost pretentious. Nothing could make me feel sorry for them, although I am very interested in what surrounds the tragedy.  It sounds like you did go through hell and you almost took lives yourself  , but why do you need to use your painful experiences to then display sorrow for two kids that actually did something as unforgivably terrible?


You can say that now though without having been through that level of bullying.Or at least you don't seem like you have been there yourself.
If you haven't been through it, how can you know that you'd never feel sorry for them?
I've felt sorry for them since the day it happened.
I've explained my feelings, reasoning and experiences extensively.
If you don't understand why I feel this way by now,theres nothing I could possibly say would make you understand.

Maybe not every single terribly bullied person in the world would but I have talked to a few hundred people over the years who have been through a severe level of bullying and every one of them felt some level of sympathy with E &D.
This is my anecdotal experience.

Back to top Go down
Hectic

Hectic


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 80330
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2015-09-06

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 2:33 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
I wanted to warn Squid that she would get banned if she kept on with those sort of comments but I didn't know if it would be appropriate to say anything.

Who still needs looking at here Hectic? I hope you don't mean me as I am no threat to anyone.Not every Columbiner is some dangerous threat.
There are at least a few thousand die hard Columbiners all over the globe and of those numbers I'd say less than 100 have ever taken or planned to take any sort of action.
I have heard of a few Columbiners  over the years who have sadly killed themselves,but that's not the same thing.

I wasn't referring to you although I do disagree with the angle of some of your posts.


That's fine.I just don't want anyone to think that about me.

You seem like a good guy, It's just that the ''you don't know what I've been through, if you did you would sympathasise  with E&D'' stuff that bothers me. Seems almost pretentious. Nothing could make me feel sorry for them, although I am very interested in what surrounds the tragedy.  It sounds like you did go through hell and you almost took lives yourself  , but why do you need to use your painful experiences to then display sorrow for two kids that actually did something as unforgivably terrible?


You can say that now though without having been through that level of bullying.Or at least you don't seem like you have been there yourself.
If you haven't been through it, how can you know that you'd never feel sorry for them?
I've felt sorry for them since the day it happened.
I've explained my feelings, reasoning and experiences extensively.
If you don't understand why I feel this way by now,theres nothing I could  possibly say would make you understand.

Maybe not every single terribly bullied person in the world would but I have talked to a few hundred people over the years who have been through a severe level of bullying and every one of them felt some level of sympathy with E &D.
This is my anecdotal experience.


This is the pretentious stuff I'm talking about. I was bullied in secondary school, which in Ireland, is the equivalent of high school in America. Myself and my best friend were physically attacked and verbally abused constantly. We are still friends to this day and we do occasionally talk about the bullying that went on and our hate, but never would we look back and say we wish we did anything or feel sympathy for those that did.

Also, again, you have no idea the extent of E&D's bullying.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack


Posts : 1656
Contribution Points : 97816
Forum Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-02-12
Age : 37

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 2:44 am

Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
I wanted to warn Squid that she would get banned if she kept on with those sort of comments but I didn't know if it would be appropriate to say anything.

Who still needs looking at here Hectic? I hope you don't mean me as I am no threat to anyone.Not every Columbiner is some dangerous threat.
There are at least a few thousand die hard Columbiners all over the globe and of those numbers I'd say less than 100 have ever taken or planned to take any sort of action.
I have heard of a few Columbiners  over the years who have sadly killed themselves,but that's not the same thing.

I wasn't referring to you although I do disagree with the angle of some of your posts.


That's fine.I just don't want anyone to think that about me.

You seem like a good guy, It's just that the ''you don't know what I've been through, if you did you would sympathasise  with E&D'' stuff that bothers me. Seems almost pretentious. Nothing could make me feel sorry for them, although I am very interested in what surrounds the tragedy.  It sounds like you did go through hell and you almost took lives yourself  , but why do you need to use your painful experiences to then display sorrow for two kids that actually did something as unforgivably terrible?


You can say that now though without having been through that level of bullying.Or at least you don't seem like you have been there yourself.
If you haven't been through it, how can you know that you'd never feel sorry for them?
I've felt sorry for them since the day it happened.
I've explained my feelings, reasoning and experiences extensively.
If you don't understand why I feel this way by now,theres nothing I could  possibly say would make you understand.

Maybe not every single terribly bullied person in the world would but I have talked to a few hundred people over the years who have been through a severe level of bullying and every one of them felt some level of sympathy with E &D.
This is my anecdotal experience.


This is the pretentious stuff I'm talking about. I was bullied in secondary school, which in Ireland, is the equivalent of high school in America. Myself and my best friend were physically attacked and verbally abused constantly. We are still friends to this day and we do talk about the bullying that went on and our hate, but never would we look back and say we wish we did anything or feel sympathy for those that did.

Also, again, you have no idea the extent of E&D's bullying.


I'm sorry that happened to you and your friend. I am not trying to be pretentious.I am only endeavoring to share my perspectives , my past and my experiences as fully as I can.You had one experience with your bullying,I had another. Your feelings took one path regarding your bullying, mine took another.
It doesn't make either invalid, only different.I guess when it comes down to it either you understand why someone would be a Columbiner, even if you'd never be one yourself, or you don't.
I do not know what else I can say to you and I am starting to feel like your pushing me for some answer that I either can't give or would not want to give.

Back to top Go down
Hectic

Hectic


Posts : 45
Contribution Points : 80330
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2015-09-06

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 2:59 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
I wanted to warn Squid that she would get banned if she kept on with those sort of comments but I didn't know if it would be appropriate to say anything.

Who still needs looking at here Hectic? I hope you don't mean me as I am no threat to anyone.Not every Columbiner is some dangerous threat.
There are at least a few thousand die hard Columbiners all over the globe and of those numbers I'd say less than 100 have ever taken or planned to take any sort of action.
I have heard of a few Columbiners  over the years who have sadly killed themselves,but that's not the same thing.

I wasn't referring to you although I do disagree with the angle of some of your posts.


That's fine.I just don't want anyone to think that about me.

You seem like a good guy, It's just that the ''you don't know what I've been through, if you did you would sympathasise  with E&D'' stuff that bothers me. Seems almost pretentious. Nothing could make me feel sorry for them, although I am very interested in what surrounds the tragedy.  It sounds like you did go through hell and you almost took lives yourself  , but why do you need to use your painful experiences to then display sorrow for two kids that actually did something as unforgivably terrible?


You can say that now though without having been through that level of bullying.Or at least you don't seem like you have been there yourself.
If you haven't been through it, how can you know that you'd never feel sorry for them?
I've felt sorry for them since the day it happened.
I've explained my feelings, reasoning and experiences extensively.
If you don't understand why I feel this way by now,theres nothing I could  possibly say would make you understand.

Maybe not every single terribly bullied person in the world would but I have talked to a few hundred people over the years who have been through a severe level of bullying and every one of them felt some level of sympathy with E &D.
This is my anecdotal experience.


This is the pretentious stuff I'm talking about. I was bullied in secondary school, which in Ireland, is the equivalent of high school in America. Myself and my best friend were physically attacked and verbally abused constantly. We are still friends to this day and we do talk about the bullying that went on and our hate, but never would we look back and say we wish we did anything or feel sympathy for those that did.

Also, again, you have no idea the extent of E&D's bullying.


I'm sorry that happened to you and your friend. I am not trying to be pretentious.I am only endeavoring to share my perspectives , my past and my experiences as fully as I can.You had one experience with your bullying,I had another. Your feelings took one path regarding your bullying, mine took another.
It doesn't make either invalid, only different.I guess when it comes down to it either you understand why someone would be a Columbiner, even if you'd never be one yourself, or you don't.
I do not know what else I can say to you and I am starting to feel like your pushing me for some answer that I either can't give or would not want to give.


I'm not pushing you for anything, it's just that you come across as saying that unless you were bullied as severe as you were, you won't understand or feel sorrow for two mass murderers. It just doesn't register in my book.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack


Posts : 1656
Contribution Points : 97816
Forum Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-02-12
Age : 37

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 3:04 am

Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Hectic wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
I wanted to warn Squid that she would get banned if she kept on with those sort of comments but I didn't know if it would be appropriate to say anything.

Who still needs looking at here Hectic? I hope you don't mean me as I am no threat to anyone.Not every Columbiner is some dangerous threat.
There are at least a few thousand die hard Columbiners all over the globe and of those numbers I'd say less than 100 have ever taken or planned to take any sort of action.
I have heard of a few Columbiners  over the years who have sadly killed themselves,but that's not the same thing.

I wasn't referring to you although I do disagree with the angle of some of your posts.


That's fine.I just don't want anyone to think that about me.

You seem like a good guy, It's just that the ''you don't know what I've been through, if you did you would sympathasise  with E&D'' stuff that bothers me. Seems almost pretentious. Nothing could make me feel sorry for them, although I am very interested in what surrounds the tragedy.  It sounds like you did go through hell and you almost took lives yourself  , but why do you need to use your painful experiences to then display sorrow for two kids that actually did something as unforgivably terrible?


You can say that now though without having been through that level of bullying.Or at least you don't seem like you have been there yourself.
If you haven't been through it, how can you know that you'd never feel sorry for them?
I've felt sorry for them since the day it happened.
I've explained my feelings, reasoning and experiences extensively.
If you don't understand why I feel this way by now,theres nothing I could  possibly say would make you understand.

Maybe not every single terribly bullied person in the world would but I have talked to a few hundred people over the years who have been through a severe level of bullying and every one of them felt some level of sympathy with E &D.
This is my anecdotal experience.


This is the pretentious stuff I'm talking about. I was bullied in secondary school, which in Ireland, is the equivalent of high school in America. Myself and my best friend were physically attacked and verbally abused constantly. We are still friends to this day and we do talk about the bullying that went on and our hate, but never would we look back and say we wish we did anything or feel sympathy for those that did.

Also, again, you have no idea the extent of E&D's bullying.


I'm sorry that happened to you and your friend. I am not trying to be pretentious.I am only endeavoring to share my perspectives , my past and my experiences as fully as I can.You had one experience with your bullying,I had another. Your feelings took one path regarding your bullying, mine took another.
It doesn't make either invalid, only different.I guess when it comes down to it either you understand why someone would be a Columbiner, even if you'd never be one yourself, or you don't.
I do not know what else I can say to you and I am starting to feel like your pushing me for some answer that I either can't give or would not want to give.


I'm not pushing you for anything, it's just that you come across as saying that unless you were bullied as severe as you were, you won't understand or feel sorrow for two mass murderers. It just doesn't register in my book.

Okay.I guess we simply can't come to a meeting of the minds on this.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn


Posts : 3133
Contribution Points : 120049
Forum Reputation : 1014
Join date : 2013-03-14
Location : A place where it always snows.

Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 6:22 am

Radioactive_Clothing wrote:
Jenn wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has been banned indefinitely from this forum. I gave her a final written warning within this thread yesterday asking her to stop with the cruel comments towards the children murdered at Columbine. I was once again ignored as she went on to say that these children had a purpose for being murdered. These additional comments resulted in her ban. I absolutely WILL NOT allow anyone to leave comments on my forum saying that these innocent children and innocent teacher deserved to die or that their deaths were justified in any way whatsoever.

Good. What do we do when we get an oddball like that? Do they need reporting anywhere? His/ Her comments could be interpreted as quite threatening.
Sorry it took me awhile to respond, but I'm just now reading through this thread. In the 3 years that I've had this forum this is the first time that we've ever had someone post on the board that they are glad Columbine happened and/or they wished more people would have died. And also the first time anyone posted all this bible stuff about revolution and how to end all suffering. Which honestly makes no sense to me, how are we going to end all suffering by blowing people up, which causes suffering? Maybe that's why I think like an Atheist because all of the stuff seems far fetched and completely contradicts itself.

But anyhow, this forum is not the place for that kind of discussion and debate. If someone wants to have an end of the world, new world debate or whatever, OK that's one thing but to come here and repeatedly say things like wishing Dylan and Eric killed more people, no, I'm not having it. And this is exactly the reason people have a problem with Columbine fans, because of stuff like what happened in this thread. You can sympathize with the boys without thinking these children deserved to die because they didn't. Dylan and Eric were both mentally sick. Their way of thinking was flawed because of that. This has nothing to do with God trying to make things better and teach people lessons or whatever, this was about 2 mentally sick kids who got together and killed people. If they were not mentally sick, they never would have done it because people who aren't mentally sick don't think that way.

With Squid, I gave her many warnings and chances to stop this nonsense. Against my better judgement and several of members asking me both on the board and in PM's to ban her, I still gave her a chance. These last comments were it, she used up her last chance. If and when I unban her, I don't know. Normally the first ban is only 2 weeks unless I feel that what they've done was enough for a permanent ban and I haven't decided on that yet.

About reporting her comments, she didn't threaten anyone here on the board, if she had then yes, I'd report her but she didn't. It's not up to me to tell people to get mental help or evaluate their mental health. While it is clear something is out of place for her to be making these kinds of posts, I am just an Admin on a forum, I have no business telling anyone to get help.

Hopefully things will calm down now and I will be once again going through this thread and editing out any remarks made towards the victims of Columbine. Since she only made a few posts since the last time I cleaned up this thread, I will only edit out what she has said so no one else has to lose any posts.


_________________
"I’ll see you in Heaven if you make the list"
Zachary Patrick Bowen (March 7, 1995-November 5, 2021).
I miss you little brother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Dylan's mental state
Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Dylans PC
» Dylans symbols
» Dylans Brother
» Some of Dylans thoughts used in a song
» Dylans brother?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: