Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan's mental state

Go down 
+20
Freezingmoon
sscc
Hectic
Gctiger
PaintItBlack
Undyne
ThoughtBox
lasttrain
Sane One
Lizpuff
bubbles
TaylorsMom
Jenn
Squid
shades
em81
Belladonna
Draw_It_White
astrospace92
NotYourRobot
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98318
Forum Reputation : 154

Dylan's mental state  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 2:43 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
I wanted to warn Squid that she would get banned if she kept on with those sort of comments but I didn't know if it would be appropriate to say anything.

Who still needs looking at here Hectic? I hope you don't mean me as I am no threat to anyone.Not every Columbiner is some dangerous threat.

I'm not trying to throw any wild accusations around but you must forgive those who think you might be a threat. After all, you have openly admitted you've previously planned a massacre.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96866
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 2:58 am

Radioactive_Clothing wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
I wanted to warn Squid that she would get banned if she kept on with those sort of comments but I didn't know if it would be appropriate to say anything.

Who still needs looking at here Hectic? I hope you don't mean me as I am no threat to anyone.Not every Columbiner is some dangerous threat.

I'm not trying to throw any wild accusations around but you must forgive those who think you might be a threat. After all, you have openly admitted you've previously planned a massacre.

That was over a decade ago.A long time. But if someone wants to think I'm dangerous now after all I've said and tried to explain, there's nothing I can do.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
bubbles

Contribution Points : 75317
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 3:47 am

Squid wrote:
I'm not gong to sit around waiting for Christ. If there is a god, he made me. I am a part of him. I have the power to bring on a judgement day so does every human if they look inside there hearts and see what is really there. I hope to see heaven on earth in my lifetime even if destruction is necessary.

Yikes. Just when Squid's posts about Eric and Dylan having "valid points" to kill their victims couldn't get worse (even going going as far as to say the killings were "honorable"), she posts a thinly veiled threat about possibly harming others herself?

Also, acknowledging the fact that Adam Lanza is disgusting for murdering 6 year olds (which he is), but then turning around and saying that Eric and Dylan were perfectly justified in killing high school kids they had never even so much as met because they're teenagers and "should know better"? What the...

I echo the thoughts of those who hope she will eventually get the proper help she obviously needs.
Back to top Go down
astrospace92

astrospace92

Contribution Points : 74428

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 5:58 am

PaintItBlack wrote:

PaintItBlack wrote:

That was over a decade ago.A long time. But if someone wants to think I'm dangerous now after all I've said and tried to explain, there's nothing I can do.

From what I can see, everyone I've had the pleasure of having an intelligent, interesting, and educational debate with here so far seems very mature and reasonable. I've even been able to rethink some of my ideas I had, or see things in a different way. I'm sure you've all seen it's pretty clear where my "biases" lie… but I digress...

I know I'm a new member and don't have any ground to pass judgement or comment on things I have no context on, but I don't think we should judge PaintItBlack, she was "brave" enough to admit her past, we know these days, admitting someone like that can get you in a lot of trouble. I'm presuming PaintItBlack - correct me if I'm wrong - you were ill at the time? I'll be honest, I had some very strange idea when I was suffering from psychosis. The human mind is a wonderful thing. And it's good to know that you have over come that and didn't act on! You deserve a second chance Smile

I'm shocked about what happened with Squid, I've been off the forum for a few days and I was not expecting it at all. Perhaps she was just "acting" and being extremely over the top and controversial because she was getting defensive? hmm… I don't know about that!

As I said, I know I am new here and have no right to dictate what happens, but the forum should be a safe space for everyone. We know a few survivors (i.e. Amanda) used to visit here, and although we should be allowed to have our own opinions on the matter. Behaviour like Squid showed, particularly AFTER been politely warned multiple times is not acceptable.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 84221
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 9:49 am

sscc wrote:
x5000x wrote:
Hectic wrote:
A forum of this nature is always going to attract the wrong sorts, the important thing is that action has been taken. I can completely see why the owner might want to keep some controversial figures around to boost activity on the forum, but some posters lurking here genuinely sound dangerous. Squid, whoever that person was needed serious help if the posts were serious. There's still others here too that might need looking at.

I just think it's kind of unhealthy to even be on here talking about this shit for years on end. It's not productive or good for your life to still be talking about this stuff years after. I was around when it happened and was the same age as these two, enough is enough.

Goodbye then. I hope you enjoy your new healthy choices.

PS: and good riddance. I don't need someone coming on here telling me what is productive or not about my life. I am on here because of my interest in the subject and mental health in general, and I'm sure many other people have their own personal reasons for being here. I'm insulted and offended by anyone telling me enough is enough about something I am academically passionate about.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96866
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 11:03 am

astrospace92 wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:

PaintItBlack wrote:

From what I can see, everyone I've had the pleasure of having an intelligent, interesting, and educational debate with here so far seems very mature and reasonable. I've even been able to rethink some of my ideas I had, or see things in a different way. I'm sure you've all seen it's pretty clear where my "biases" lie… but I digress...

I know I'm a new member and don't have any ground to pass judgement or comment on things I have no context on, but I don't think we should judge PaintItBlack, she was "brave" enough to admit her past, we know these days, admitting someone like that can get you in a lot of trouble. I'm presuming PaintItBlack - correct me if I'm wrong - you were ill at the time? I'll be honest, I had some very strange idea when I was suffering from psychosis. The human mind is a wonderful thing. And it's good to know that you have over come that and didn't act on! You deserve a second chance Smile

I'm shocked about what happened with Squid, I've been off the forum for a few days and I was not expecting it at all. Perhaps she was just "acting" and being extremely over the top and controversial because she was getting defensive? hmm… I don't know about that!

As I said, I know I am new here and have no right to dictate what happens, but the forum should be a safe space for everyone. We know a few survivors (i.e. Amanda) used to visit here, and although we should be allowed to have our own opinions on the matter. Behaviour like Squid showed, particularly AFTER been politely warned multiple times is not acceptable.

TY.Yes,I think I must have been ill.Looking back I was eaten up with hatred,rage,bitterness.
To do such a thing is an irrational act,although when you are in it at the time it makes sense to you or you wouldn't have wanted to do it in the first place.To do this,you break totally with your life before and have to either kill yourself or go to jail forever.You have went over the edge.
I was also in a terrible place spiritually.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

Contribution Points : 80036
Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 10:06 pm

after much research on the topic of suicide, I can tell you from what I learnt, true depressed people are in pain, the depression is agony, and the day they finally decide to end their life, they sometimes feel very giddy and happy that their suffering will end and they will be free. I think that is what Dylan was feeling. It was the day he was finally going to die, so he had a blast.

I also think that each person he shot at and died was comforting to him, because he wasn't going to go through this death experience alone. It comforted him knowing that people were joining him on his 'mass suicide', instead of being hung in a dark room all alone.
Back to top Go down
bubbles

Contribution Points : 75317

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 6:09 am

I don't believe it was about comfort. I believe it was more about bitterness (the "if I go down, I'm taking you guys with me" mentality).
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 6:29 am

More to "relief" than comfort but I know what Whitman meant.
bitterness too. all words mentioned apply.

Archvile

Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 7:27 pm

Yeah absolutely, I also think maybe when he hit the table with that chair, it was like "Wow.. it's too late, no going back, it actually got to the point where this is getting carried out, which meant I never got my happiness, I never got it"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan's mental state
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4