Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is it wrong liking dylan and eric

Go down 
+13
Lizpuff
Guest83142
InsaneIntruder
DooMRebel
Lunkhead McGrath
QuestionMark
munchkinphone
Yumeko-chan
1Mare1
Screamingophelia
TheSpiral
sscc
dayzrp
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

Contribution Points : 67420
Forum Reputation : 0

Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
True SororityAlpha

I THINK you may be in the wrong place BehindZero, no one hear worships them. I mean, go to tumblr then that is something else, but that's mostly a lot of late teens early 20's who may not have nuanced views yet.
Yeah, tumblr is full of fangrils and fanboys

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 128759
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 12:01 pm

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 100524
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 12:05 pm

I don't think it is necessarily bad to not feel sad about the 15 that died bc with the exception of Amanda, none of us knew them or met them. If you felt bad for every single person that ever died a violent death you would never stop crying about it....

but

If you think this shooting was truly about bullying.... you need to look into it more. Bullying had very little to do with it. The 'story' behind E&D is not great. It is sad and pathetic. 2 boys too immature and too cowardly to just hang on for when their lives would have gotten better decided to take the lives of 13 others and ruin countless number of other lives in the process.

It is one thing to be interested in Columbine for research, for true crime, or for relating to E&D on some level, but to be interested in it because you glorify what happened is not good.

DooMRebel

DooMRebel

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 12:11 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
I don't think it is necessarily bad to not feel sad about the 15 that died bc with the exception of Amanda, none of us knew them or met them.  If you felt bad for every single person that ever died a violent death you would never stop crying about it....

but

If you think this shooting was truly about bullying.... you need to look into it more.  Bullying had very little to do with it.   The 'story' behind E&D is not great.  It is sad and pathetic.  2 boys too immature and too cowardly to just hang on for when their lives would have gotten better decided to take the lives of 13 others and ruin countless number of other lives in the process.  

It is one thing to be interested in Columbine for research, for true crime, or for relating to E&D on some level, but to be interested in it because you glorify what happened is not good.  
I get your point. I don't think that massacre happened because of the bullying. Bullying had effect on their lives and may changed them a little bit but Eric and Dylan were mentally ill and no one reacted on them. Just to clear this out. I'm not worshiping them or anything like that. I'm interested in Columbine for research but I can say that I can relate to Eric sometimes cuz I experienced bullying and wanted to destroy everyone in my school. But everything related to Columbine or to Eric and Dylan is very interesting to me.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 100524
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 12:13 pm

DooMRebel wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
I don't think it is necessarily bad to not feel sad about the 15 that died bc with the exception of Amanda, none of us knew them or met them.  If you felt bad for every single person that ever died a violent death you would never stop crying about it....

but

If you think this shooting was truly about bullying.... you need to look into it more.  Bullying had very little to do with it.   The 'story' behind E&D is not great.  It is sad and pathetic.  2 boys too immature and too cowardly to just hang on for when their lives would have gotten better decided to take the lives of 13 others and ruin countless number of other lives in the process.  

I get your point. I don't think that massacre happened because of the bullying. Bullying had effect on their lives and may changed them a little bit but Eric and Dylan were mentally ill and no one reacted on them. Just to clear this out. I'm not worshiping them or anything like that. I'm interested in Columbine for research but I can say that I can relate to Eric sometimes cuz I experienced bullying and wanted to destroy everyone in my school. But everything related to Columbine or to Eric and Dylan is very interesting to me.

I know you are not. This was more to the OP of this thread.

I am also interested in Columbine otherwise I would not find myself here lol.

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 197676
Forum Reputation : 1327

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 12:16 pm

There was a multitude of reasons behind the tragedy. It's important to learn from it and see how it can be prevented again.

Right now mass shootings are being done by adults who are getting their guns legally for the most part.

Eric and Dylans minds were not fully formed yet, and anyone who says they didn't have any kind of mental illness are KIDDING themselves.

Bullying added to it, feeling isolated and inhuman added to it, their friendship was toxic in many ways.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 12:17 pm

Lizpuff wrote:

That is a very harsh, yet COMPLETELY accurate description.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 68189

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 12:18 pm

DooMRebel wrote:
dayzrp wrote:
Im not sad as well shit like that happends
I would feel sad only if my parents or close friends died or something like that.

Isn't this fairly normal though?

I dont get sad about strangers dying either unless I see something that makes me understand a part of their sorrow or relate on a personal level, like the interview with craig scott and Isaiahs father. That was rough. Imo much harder to watch than all the camerafootage and 911calls.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 197676
Forum Reputation : 1327

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 12:21 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

That is a very harsh, yet COMPLETELY accurate description.

Another reason Dylan deeply needed a psychiatrist, the issue would be getting him to talk and also tell the truth. However, if he found someone he trusted and maybe got on some meds for a while, he could have gone far. My humble, non psychiatrists opinion.
Back to top Go down
Guest83142

Contribution Points : 74648
Forum Reputation : 163

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Last edited by Guest83142 on Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Guest83142

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 12:38 pm

Last edited by Guest83142 on Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Guest83142

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 12:48 pm

Last edited by Guest83142 on Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tuga

Contribution Points : 68792

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 2:00 pm

DooMRebel wrote:
Yumeko-chan wrote:
You're not sorry for the kids that died?  They were innocent!  I had to listen to them die and trust me, you don't want to know what that's like.
I know I should feel sorry for them, but I don't. About a week ago my cousin died but I wasn't sad. I'm kinda messed up right now . When my grandpa died 6 months ago I didn't know how will I live without him. About that time I got homicidal thoughts... I'm just messed up right now.

My condolences for the death of your grandfather. I cried my eyes out when my maternal grandfather died, as for the paternal one not so much, I was quite indifferent and apathetic to him since he never came to see me, never sent gifts, was abusive towards my grandmother and father, cheated on her and gambled away their money and first apartment and was responsible for my uncle's death. I sort of get the sentiment but the way you express it makes it sound harsh, those kids were innocent. When some mass disaster occurs like a terrorist attack, tidal wave, earthquake, plane crash etc. and a lot of people die, it's very tragic indeed but most people are not personally affected and thus not particularly sad. In other words, for most people it was a normal and mundane day. I don't think we're biologically fit to be sad and cry for every tragedy, it would exhaust us mentally. The Columbine massacre has a low enough number of victims for one to easily read about them and get some idea what kind of people they were. I did that and it was a rather humbling experience. I have a soft spot for a few of them in particular and they can serve as a source of inspiration. I hope you sort out your emotional state, even if it seems dark there are people who love you and there are kind people in this world. Here's a sentiment I'd like to share from a recent news article: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 2:12 pm

Tuga wrote:
DooMRebel wrote:
Yumeko-chan wrote:
You're not sorry for the kids that died?  They were innocent!  I had to listen to them die and trust me, you don't want to know what that's like.
I know I should feel sorry for them, but I don't. About a week ago my cousin died but I wasn't sad. I'm kinda messed up right now . When my grandpa died 6 months ago I didn't know how will I live without him. About that time I got homicidal thoughts... I'm just messed up right now.

My condolences for the death of your grandfather. I cried my eyes out when my maternal grandfather died, as for the paternal one not so much, I was quite indifferent and apathetic to him since he never came to see me, never sent gifts, was abusive towards my grandmother and father, cheated on her and gambled away their money and first apartment and was responsible for my uncle's death. I sort of get the sentiment but the way you express it makes it sound harsh, those kids were innocent. When some mass disaster occurs like a terrorist attack, tidal wave, earthquake, plane crash etc. and a lot of people die, it's very tragic indeed but most people are not personally affected and thus not particularly sad. In other words, for most people it was a normal and mundane day. I don't think we're biologically fit to be sad and cry for every tragedy, it would exhaust us mentally. The Columbine massacre has a low enough number of victims for one to easily read about them and get some idea what kind of people they were. I did that and it was a rather humbling experience. I have a soft spot for a few of them in particular and they can serve as a source of inspiration. I hope you sort out your emotional state, even if it seems dark there are people who love you and there are kind people in this world. Here's a sentiment I'd like to share from a recent news article: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thanks for the support! May I ask you are you from Balkans countries? Cuz your name means sadness on my language

Contribution Points : 68792

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 2:29 pm

DooMRebel wrote:
Tuga wrote:
DooMRebel wrote:
Yumeko-chan wrote:

Thanks for the support! May I ask you are you from Balkans countries? Cuz your name means sadness on my language

Yes I am Very Happy. I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina. If you need a pen pal feel free to message me.
Back to top Go down
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 4:56 pm

Tuga wrote:
DooMRebel wrote:
Tuga wrote:
DooMRebel wrote:
Yumeko-chan wrote:

Yes I am Very Happy. I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina. If you need a pen pal feel free to message me.
Croatia here Very Happy

MalonsMilk

Contribution Points : 63633

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 5:13 pm

I like them in the same way I like fictional anti heroes. The boys don't even seem real to me - it happened over a decade ago and I was a 12 year old kid. All their videos and writing were stylised and they got to choose how the outside world saw them. You're just viewing their propaganda.

Im guessing if they hadn't wiped their hard drives we would see the totally mundane and even gross side of them (yeah, porn!) - they were after all, on the whole just regular kids who disappeared into their own little fiction. They did what few people can do and lived out their dreams with little care for the consequences of their actions. Too bad their dreams were so dark Sad

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 5:16 pm

MalonsMilk wrote:
I like them in the same way I like fictional anti heroes. The boys don't even seem real to me - it happened over a decade ago and I was a 12 year old kid. All their videos and writing were stylised and they got to choose how the outside world saw them. You're just viewing their propaganda.

Im guessing if they hadn't wiped their hard drives we would see the totally mundane and even gross side of them (yeah, porn!) - they were after all, on the whole just regular kids who disappeared into their own little fiction. They did what few people can do and lived out their dreams with little care for the consequences of their actions. Too bad their dreams were so dark Sad

who downloads porn?
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 90178
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 5:20 pm

-warrior wrote:
MalonsMilk wrote:

who downloads porn?
Pekka Eric Auvinen, Tim Kretschmer, Matthew Murray and probably others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 5:22 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
-warrior wrote:
MalonsMilk wrote:

who downloads porn?

For some reason I feel that Dylan's hard drive would have had a ton of foot fetish type porn. Shocked Haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 5:22 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
-warrior wrote:
MalonsMilk wrote:

who downloads porn?

what did pekka and mat have, i know about tim's femdom
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 90178
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 5:50 pm

-warrior wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
-warrior wrote:
MalonsMilk wrote:

who downloads porn?

what did pekka and mat have, i know about tim's femdom
Pekka had BDSM porn and Matthew Murray apparently had a ton of straight, gay and child porn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it wrong liking dylan and eric   Is it wrong liking dylan and eric - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it wrong liking dylan and eric
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2