Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sue's Choice

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sscc

Contribution Points : 83282
Forum Reputation : 598

Sue's Choice Empty
PostSubject: Sue's Choice   Sue's Choice Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 4:09 am

If Sue Klebold was granted the power to bring back all of Eric and Dylan's victims or to bring back Dylan, which would she choose?

I'm not sure. I lean toward the idea that if she was required to speak the choice out loud, then she would probably bring back Dylan's victims but if it was an automatic, unspoken choice based on what was in her heart, then Dylan would be back by her side in an instant.

Last edited by sscc on Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add a comma)
Back to top Go down
mrbaby56

mrbaby56

Contribution Points : 62070
Forum Reputation : 0

Sue's Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sue's Choice   Sue's Choice Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 11:52 am

I agree
Back to top Go down

Sue's Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sue's Choice   Sue's Choice Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 1:06 pm

I know it may sound very selfish to say, but most mothers would want their child back.

Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66503
Forum Reputation : 90

Sue's Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sue's Choice   Sue's Choice Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 7:59 am

Great question...

I think her gut reaction would be to bring back Dylan, but I doubt she would admit it publicly. The problem is, if she could bring back Dylan today it wouldn't change the past. If she could go back in time and still have him, she could have stopped the shooting from ever happening.

Now the Harris's on the other hand, I'm not sure they would choose Eric over his victims.
Back to top Go down
Wumselito

Wumselito

Contribution Points : 64674
Forum Reputation : 0

Sue's Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sue's Choice   Sue's Choice Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 6:56 pm

Littlelo wrote:
Great question...

Now the Harris's on the other hand, I'm not sure they would choose Eric over his victims.

I don't believe this great circle jerk that the Harris' didn't care and continue to not care about Eric for one second.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Sue's Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sue's Choice   Sue's Choice Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 6:59 pm

Wumselito wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
Great question...

I don't believe this great circle jerk that the Harris' didn't care and continue to not care about Eric for one second.

Fair enough. I don't claim to know for sure how they feel or felt at the time. But it seems to me that they accept how fucked up Eric was. Maybe I'm biased. Maybe if Sue hadn't come forward and written a book I wouldn't feel this way. I'm just going off of the evidence we have.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

Sue's Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sue's Choice   Sue's Choice Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 12:47 pm

Would we feel any different or feel validated if Wayne Harris came out and said "I disowned Eric from day one. He was screwed up'

I have heard a LOT of speculation that when he passes Kevin and Kathy may feel more comfortable talking about Eric.

The only inkling Sue seemed to have about Dylan's anger was when they argued on Mothers Day and she regrets not questioning him on that statement. Eric had more red flags but maybe they thought they were dealing with it? Eric may have been the sweetest and most polite young man at home.

Littlelo

Sue's Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sue's Choice   Sue's Choice Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 1:32 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Would we feel any different or feel validated if Wayne Harris came out and said "I disowned Eric from day one. He was screwed up'

I have heard a LOT of speculation that when he passes Kevin and Kathy may feel more comfortable talking about Eric.

The only inkling Sue seemed to have about Dylan's anger was when they argued on Mothers Day and she regrets not questioning him on that statement. Eric had more red flags but maybe they thought they were dealing with it? Eric may have been the sweetest and most polite young man at home.

I think it would validate things a little more, but it would be very sad to know. I don't think Kevin or Kathy will come forward even after Wayne passes. The only reason I have ever thought they'd have to speak publicly would be in anticipation of the release of the depositions, to set the record straight. But it seems like so far no matter what people say about them or Eric, they refuse to comment.

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Sue's Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sue's Choice   Sue's Choice Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 1:48 pm

They met with the Mausers once, or am I incorrect?

I don't think the Klebolds met with them.

When the depositions are released I'm really interested in what they have to say, if anything.

Until then the general public will always think of Dylan as a wayward depressed kid who got sucked into mean Eric Harris's web.

Littlelo

Sue's Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sue's Choice   Sue's Choice Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm

Yes, they did. Thanks for reminding me...there is actually a thread already created on that topic and I wanted to read through it but forgot. Here is the link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Sue's Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sue's Choice   Sue's Choice Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 2:05 pm

Littlelo wrote:
But it seems like so far no matter what people say about them or Eric, they refuse to comment.

As is their right. Don't get me wrong I would LOVE to hear anything from the Harris family. But I do think some people are overly harsh in their criticism of them. Sue indeed came forward and talked, but Tom and Byron never really have.

The Harris's were a private family before Columbine and closed ranks even more in the aftermath. In my opinion the Harris family owes no explanations to anyone besides maybe the victims families, if they even had any explanation at all, which is doubtful. Eric is the only person who would be able to tell them anything and he has been dead for almost 19 years now.  The coming depositions will either answer all our questions OR makes us have even more. Only a few more years to wait.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Sue's Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sue's Choice   Sue's Choice Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 6:03 pm

Waiting with baited breathe.

I wonder if they read A Mothers Reckoning.

I feel like 99% of the time I hear about Kathy Harris she is crying Sad

Littlelo

Sue's Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sue's Choice   Sue's Choice Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 6:04 pm

I also wonder if they read AMR. Kathy is the closest person who can relate to Sue, maybe it would be helpful for her.

I guess I also believe that the Harrises would choose to bring Eric back over the victims, although as I believe with Sue, they would never admit it to anyone
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Sue's Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sue's Choice   Sue's Choice Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 6:07 pm

In AMR Sue grappled with the fact that she was crying and worried about Dylan that day and no one else. She felt really guilty it seems for a long time.

When she first heard of the shootings she thought Dylan was in danger and hurt, she had no idea what was going on, you can't really blame her.

Sue's Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sue's Choice   Sue's Choice Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 9:24 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
In AMR Sue grappled with the fact that she was crying and worried about Dylan that day and no one else. She felt really guilty it seems for a long time.

When she first heard of the shootings she thought Dylan was in danger and hurt, she had no idea what was going on, you can't really blame her.

Even after she knew that Dylan was involved you still can't blame her for thinking of her son. It wasn't like all love was lost, all feelings gone at that exact moment. He was still her son. Sad
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Sue's Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sue's Choice   Sue's Choice Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 9:38 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Even after she knew that Dylan was involved you still can't blame her for thinking of her son. It wasn't like all love was lost, all feelings gone at that exact moment. He was still her son. Sad

Exactly. She was probably angry at him beyond belief and a lot of other emotions but you don't just stop loving him.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Sue's Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sue's Choice   Sue's Choice Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 9:41 am

I remember when I was really young I used ask my mom if she would love me even if I did something really bad (why was I asking these questions? lol). She always told me she would be disappointed but that even if I went crazy and burned our house down she couldn't stop loving me. I like to think their parents feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sue's Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sue's Choice   Sue's Choice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sue's Choice
Page 1 of 1