Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who would you date

Go down 
+10
munchkinphone
Screamingophelia
Holloka
Mirwais500
Giga143
QuestionMark
Lavenderloom
MellonCollie
1Mare1
Jenna horse
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MellonCollie

MellonCollie

Contribution Points : 58564
Forum Reputation : 0

Who would you date  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 7:11 pm

Kiwik wrote:
MellonCollie wrote:
THIS
I can't count how many times I have seen people post that they could change the outcome of the massacre if they went to Columbine during that time.

I know, right. It's so easy to say things like that after the fact when we have so much information about them available.  I guess it just bugs me how people act like they would've make an exception for Eric and Dylan, yet they choose to ignore all the Eric and Dylan types in their own lives.   Before the shooting E&D weren't special from any other kids with their interests.  They were a dime a dozen as far as 90s kids in America go (and on the geeky side at that).  And just b/c people fantasize about the idea of going to that school during that time period, it still doesn't mean they would've dated them. B/c without the shooting, E&D are just regular guys, no different than all the other regular guys that went to that school.  Eric blends in with the kids he walks around with in that cafeteria video, and Dylan looks like every 90s kid ever that wore band tshirts.  I even had that NIN shirt he's wearing at the end of the cafeteria video, as did pretty much every kid at my school that listened to NIN. But the point is no one was throwing themselves at them then, when they were actually alive.
That bugs me too like there are probably people around them that are similar to Eric and Dylan, but they ignore them because they don't look like them or might even think that they are "weirdos". I think some of them only care about Eric and Dylan because of their looks and will even take a picture of someone at their school or wherever they are at that looks similar to them so the fangirls can gush over them (without their permission btw).
I used to have a similar shirt that Dylan wore in that interview video but I stopped wearing it (as well as a lot of my KMFDM shirts)

Contribution Points : 63814

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 7:26 pm

They are not above average attractive so I dont understand what people mean when they say they get liked for their looks. It's subjective and all but still I do not think their looks generally is the base of peoples interest.
Back to top Go down
MellonCollie

MellonCollie

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 7:47 pm

I mean they aren't, but I feel like some people focus more on how they looked more than anything else about them.

Ehh..I dunno.

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 8:03 pm

I think girls just develop a mental image of them as more attractive because they feel closer to them because of relating to their writings. Males are typically more likely to base their attraction on visual stuff.

I did the faceapp thing as someone suggested and Eric would have been a good looking girl for sure Cool

I wonder how different he would have been if he was a girl and how much his problems were linked to feeling emasculated by how he got treated.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
MellonCollie

MellonCollie

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 8:29 pm

Ahh, that makes sense.

That's interesting to think about.

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66478
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 8:46 pm

Very true about their writings. I'm sure some people read and relate to Dylan's sadness and Eric's frustration, especially teenagers. They feel a "connection". Every criminal has fan girls, it's to be expected unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 10:34 pm

I also think getting into the way they looked be in good or bad gets in the way of more important discussion.

Which is why I like where this thread veered off into, and why I like this board Smile

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. They both had nice features I think. So it isn't wrong for people to think they were handsome or not handsome, when you get into the magical thinking and hero worshiping, there is a problem.

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 6:50 am

munchkinphone wrote:
I did the faceapp thing as someone suggested and Eric would have been a good looking girl for sure Cool

I'm sure somewhere in this vast universe on some parallel plain or alternate reality, Eric Harris just shuddered. Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 8:39 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
munchkinphone wrote:

I'm sure somewhere in this vast universe on some parallel plain or alternate reality, Eric Harris just shuddered. Haha  

Real talk LOL

I'm waiting to board my flight now friends. Job interview then seeing Sue Klebold speak!! I've been up since 2am
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 8:44 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
munchkinphone wrote:

Real talk LOL

I'm waiting to board my flight now friends. Job interview then seeing Sue Klebold speak!! I've been up since 2am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Best of luck! Very Happy Also BE SAFE! Don't talk to strangers, and if you feel threatened throat punch first, then follow up with a swift kick to the groin. Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 8:46 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
munchkinphone wrote:

Real talk LOL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Best of luck! Very Happy Also BE SAFE! Don't talk to strangers, and if you feel threatened throat punch first, then follow up with a swift kick to the groin. Haha

Consider it done!!

My roommate asked me to keep him updated every hour lol.

Talk to you all later. Smile
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 9:05 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
munchkinphone wrote:

Real talk LOL

Good luck! Please let us know how that goes!
Back to top Go down
MellonCollie

MellonCollie

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 2:36 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
munchkinphone wrote:

Real talk LOL

Consider it done!!

My roommate asked me to keep him updated every hour lol.

Talk to you all later. Smile
Hope it goes well for you Smile

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 5:11 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
I wonder how different he would have been if he was a girl and how much his problems were linked to  feeling emasculated by how he got treated.

I doubt that the massacre would happen if either one of the two were girls.

munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 6:16 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
munchkinphone wrote:
I wonder how different he would have been if he was a girl and how much his problems were linked to  feeling emasculated by how he got treated.

I doubt that the massacre would happen if either one of the two were girls.

I agree which is why I'm interested in how much aspects of being male contributed compared to his personality
Back to top Go down
Lavenderloom

Lavenderloom

Contribution Points : 58572

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 6:26 pm

I felt like I could relate to Eric and Dylan in some ways but they are still bad and did evil things!
I dont think it's wrong to think they were cute though!

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Lavenderloom wrote:
I felt like I could relate to Eric and Dylan in some ways but they are still bad and did evil things!

No, as long as it isn't for the wrong reasons. I checked out tumblr and it was scary
I have the darkest humour and laughed at some stuff and realized it was not a joke and felt bad No
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 9:14 pm

Most of the Columbine tumblrs out there are too much for me...
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 9:35 pm

I wonder if Eric has a research worthy and thoughtful tumblr like Dylan has through EC?
Back to top Go down
MellonCollie

MellonCollie

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 9:46 pm

EC is one of the only decent Columbine tumblr accounts imo
I haven't found one for Eric yet..

MellonCollie

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 9:47 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
Lavenderloom wrote:

No, as long as it isn't for the wrong reasons. I checked out tumblr and it was scary
I have the darkest humour and laughed at some stuff and realized it was not a joke and felt bad No
I have done that too Sad
I wish they were kidding

Engel

Contribution Points : 36134
Forum Reputation : 197

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2022 5:18 pm

I would date.....wait what the fuck im not gay!

"Humanity is overrated, isn't it?" - Matti Saari

"Live in virtue, no desire
And in the grave an angel's choir
You look to heaven and wonder why
No one can see them in the sky

Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
Alone in fear, they question why
Goddamn, not an angel when I die
" - Engel, Rammstein (English version)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who would you date    Who would you date  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who would you date
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2