Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Female mass killers

Go down 
+18
Sabratha
My_mondays
Carnifex879
lognifiiskurk
SugaryDecay
Primate Murder
sscc
AnimeXd
Tommy QTR
Jenn
MysteryMan
log_1987
InsaneIntruder
rkp
UncontinuedProcess
QuestionMark
D-FENS1993
rabadon55
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rabadon55

rabadon55

Contribution Points : 58790
Forum Reputation : 0

Female mass killers Empty
PostSubject: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 4:11 am

Jennifer San Marco is the most notable female mass killer, but there's a lot more.

- Mary Ann Holder - she killed her two sons, niece, nephew and son's girlfriend, wounded her former partner and then killed himself in car in 2011.

- Penelope Luddy - killed her father and 10 years old daughter before killing herself with a shotgun in 2011.

- Sabine Radmacher - smothered her 5 years old, stabbed ex-partner and son's father, set fire to the flat. Then she rushed to the nearby hospital, where she shot and stabbed male nurse and wounded 18 people. She was killed by police and event had place in 2010.

Do you know more?

EricsToastInTheCaf likes this post

Back to top Go down
D-FENS1993

D-FENS1993

Contribution Points : 58856

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 5:46 am

Olga Hepnarová: Rammed a truck into a group of 25 people waiting for a train in Prague, killing 8 and wounding 12 on July 10th 1973. She was executed by hanging on March 12th 1975.

Brenda Spencer: Shot dead 2 people and wounded 9 others from her bedroom window with a scoped. 22 caliber semi-automatic rifle at Cleveland Elementary School in California on the 29th January 1979

Jillian Robbins: At 9:30 am on September 17th 1996, Robbins took position on a grassy hill at Penn State HUB armed with a Scoped 7mm Mauser bolt-action rifle. She shot dead 1 and injured another before being tackled and restrained by another student

Laurie Dann: She mailed rice cereal snacks and juice boxes poisoned with the diluted arsenic to a former acquaintance, ex-babysitting clients, her psychiatrist, Russell Dann, and others in the days leading up to May 20th 1988. On the 20th she detonated a small firebomb in the hallways of Ravinia Elementary School. She then trapped a mother and her 2 children in the basement of a house, which she subsequently set on fire (they managed to escape alive). She then drove to Hubbard Woods Elementary School armed with a .22 caliber Beretta pistol, a .32 caliber Smith and Wesson revolver and a .357 Magnum Revolver. She proceeded to shoot dead an eight year old boy and injured 5 other children before fleeing the scene. She then entered a home and took the family inside hostage. When Police advanced towards the house, Dann shot and injured the father before fleeing upstairs, where she shot herself through the roof of her mouth

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 6:13 am

Dong Yangling: Killed 61 people when setting fire to a fourth-floor warehouse in Fuzhou, China

Heidrun-Erika Jung: Killed two people and injured 13 others when throwing a grenade into a church in Frankfurt, Germany

Lin Yuerong: Not a mass murderer but she poisoned 186 people with poisoned cake in Fuzhou, China

Unknown female Aurangabad 1980: Poisoned 15 members of her family with insecticide, killing nine and leaving 6 others poisoned in Aurangabad, India
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 9:29 am

Gonna give an honorable mention to Lindsay Souvannarath, who attempted to commit a mass shooting with two other people, but got caught before they could carry it out.

Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 67057
Forum Reputation : 430

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 4:30 pm

Let's not forget Jennifer San Marco who killed a neighbor of hers before arriving at the Santa Barbara Processing and Distribution Center to kill 6 employees before taking her own life.

EDIT: Oh didn't notice that you already mentioned her but here's for people who were wondering who she was.

Priscilla Ford drove down a sidewalk in Reno, Nevada, killing 7 and wounding 22 with her 1974 Lincoln Continental on Thanksgiving, 1980

Back to top Go down
rkp

rkp

Contribution Points : 56922
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 3:41 am

are we going by the usual criteria for mass killings? do mothers who kill three or more of their own children count? if so:

Susan Eubanks -  shot four of her sons execution-style. San Marcos, CA, 1997
Andrea Yates - drowned five of her children in the bathtub. Houston, TX, 2001

maternal filicide is depressing af to read about :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 12:28 pm

Elizabeth Gregor who in june 16,1963 gunned down 6 members of her family with a shotgun before killing herself
Amy Bishop who killed 3 people in the university of alabama
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 12:33 pm

rkp wrote:
are we going by the usual criteria for mass killings? do mothers who kill three or more of their own children count? if so:

Susan Eubanks -  shot four of her sons execution-style. San Marcos, CA, 1997
Andrea Yates - drowned five of her children in the bathtub. Houston, TX, 2001

maternal filicide is depressing af to read about :/

Agreed! Anything involving the murder of children is hard to stomach. Sad
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85828
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 2:13 am

Sylvia Seegrist, who shot up a mall.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 1:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Samantha Hydenberg.

Koltin, Employer_Square, johncena, humanity is overrated, Aft3rd3ath1, SonOfaGunz and IV3N420 like this post

Back to top Go down
log_1987

log_1987

Contribution Points : 57906

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 3:19 am

Raina Thaiday killed 8 children by stabbing them to death. This was in Cairns, Australia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 3:09 am

1 Unidentified chinese woman killed i think 15+ and wounded 10+ at a daycare center using her bare feet and hands

Irma Grese AKA the Hyena Of Auschwitz - Female SS Guard that Killed 100+ prisoners at Auschwitz via Gunshot to head, selection for Gas chambers and mauling via Attack Dogs.

Johanna Altvater - Was a Nazi Party secretary stationed in Ukraine who killed a baby by slamming its head into a wall and then proceeded to enter a Hospital for sick children and began throwing children out of a third story window killing most injuring some.

Apache - A Viet Cong assassin and interrogator in the Vietnam War who killed and tortured many US Marines and GI's, she was shot dead by Infamous US Marine Sniper Carlos Hathcock.
Back to top Go down
MysteryMan

Contribution Points : 90258
Forum Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 4:08 am

Hermine Braunsteiner was a guard at german death camp Majdanek in Poland. Her nickname was The Stomping Mare because she was very keen to stomping on women with her steel-studded jackboots, she also involved herself in "selections" of women and children to be sent to the gas chambers and whipped several women to death. She killed at least 80 people. After the war she married an American solider and emigrated to Canada and a few months later she travelled to Usa where she was a lovely housewife. When her ‎infamous past was disovered she became the first Nazi war criminal extradited from the United States to Germany.

EricsToastInTheCaf and johncena like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 7:32 am

TheyAllFloatDownHere wrote:
1 Unidentified chinese woman killed i think 15+ and wounded 10+ at a daycare center using her bare feet and hands
Wow. Could you send me a link to the case?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 7:52 am

Enesbrietchvonfrederitch wrote:
TheyAllFloatDownHere wrote:
Wow. Could you send me a link to the case?

wow
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 11:55 pm

I've been watching this show called "Deadly Women" and I did not realize how many women are willing to murder their husbands for life insurance money.

Like this one idiot goes to get a life insurance policy on her husband and asks the lady "will it be covered if my husband gets shot in the head?" And then 2 weeks later, her husband gets shot in the head.

Aside from the life insurance murders, I didn't realize how many women used arsenic to kill people. One woman killed 5 different husbands with arsenic.

It's a really good show if anyone is interested in female killers. I know this thread is about "mass killers", but not all of them are mass killers, but quite a few are. Especially in the poisioning stories.

The show covers 3 short stories per episode. Personally, my favorites are the ones from the late 1800s to early/mid 1900's.

Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91942
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 12:28 am

Olga Hepnarová. Was literally a female version of Alek Minassian.

-Lil Peep

Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 1:11 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
Someone already mentioned her.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91942
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 8:29 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Oh, didn't see that sorry.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 8:47 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Oh, didn't see that sorry.
It's ok, I was just pointing it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 2:19 pm

Jenn wrote:
I've been watching this show called "Deadly Women" and I did not realize how many women are willing to murder their husbands for life insurance money.

Like this one idiot goes to get a life insurance policy on her husband and asks the lady "will it be covered if my husband gets shot in the head?" And then 2 weeks later, her husband gets shot in the head.

Aside from the life insurance murders, I didn't realize how many women used arsenic to kill people. One woman killed 5 different husbands with arsenic.

It's a really good show if anyone is interested in female killers. I know this thread is about "mass killers", but not all of them are mass killers, but quite a few are. Especially in the poisioning stories.

The show covers 3 short stories per episode. Personally, my favorites are the ones from the late 1800s to early/mid 1900's.

Is that the one with the stupid Brenda spencer documentary where they say the .22 is deadly and use magnum sound effects for it?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 2:57 pm

eldigato wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Is that the one with the stupid Brenda spencer documentary where they say the .22 is deadly and use magnum sound effects for it?
Brenda Spencer was in one of the episodes, yes, but I have no idea what kind of gun sounds they used. I don't know anything about guns, let alone what they sound like.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 3:44 pm

Jenn wrote:
eldigato wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Brenda Spencer was in one of the episodes, yes, but I have no idea what kind of gun sounds they used. I don't know anything about guns, let alone what they sound like.

Never fired a gun, just studied the ones criminals used and kinda got into some of em. 22s Are Real weak and tiny and used by kids although if you get shot in a fatal area you have a chance of dying and getting ahopt multiple times raises that bla bla bla
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 3:47 pm

eldigato wrote:
Jenn wrote:

This?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 4:09 pm

eldigato wrote:
22s Are Real weak and tiny and used by kids although if you get shot in a fatal area you have a chance of dying and getting ahopt multiple times raises that bla bla bla

Yeah, Kip Kinkel shot close to two dozen people using a .22 and only killed 2 (not counting his parents).

Back to top Go down
AnimeXd

AnimeXd

Contribution Points : 55024

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 5:52 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
eldigato wrote:
22s Are Real weak and tiny and used by kids although if you get shot in a fatal area you have a chance of dying and getting ahopt multiple times raises that bla bla bla

Yeah, Kip Kinkel shot close to two dozen people using a .22 and only killed 2 (not counting his parents).

What gun did Gabe Parker use because he wounded 14 and killed 2 aswell
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83282
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 6:06 pm

AnimeXd wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
eldigato wrote:

Quote :
Parker said he'd been thinking about shooting up the school for a week and that he took his stepfather's Ruger 9mm semi-automatic pistol from his bedroom the night before and hid it in a basket of laundry.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 3:44 pm

sscc wrote:
AnimeXd wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
eldigato wrote:

Quote :
Parker said he'd been thinking about shooting up the school for a week and that he took his stepfather's Ruger 9mm semi-automatic pistol from his bedroom the night before and hid it in a basket of laundry.

Looks like Gabe has TJ Lane syndrome. For someone who people said he was smart he sure fucked getting a reasonable sentence in the ass. I'm glad the fucker didn't kill more. He showed his true colors and if he was trying to be edgy he showed that he didn't give a shit. They should line him up with T.J and shoot them both.
Back to top Go down
AnimeXd

AnimeXd

Contribution Points : 55024

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 4:38 pm

eldigato wrote:
sscc wrote:
AnimeXd wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
eldigato wrote:

Quote :

Looks like Gabe has TJ Lane syndrome. For someone who people said he was smart he sure fucked getting a reasonable sentence in the ass. I'm glad the fucker didn't kill more. He showed his true colors and if he was trying to be edgy he showed that he didn't give a shit. They should line him up with T.J and shoot them both.

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 7:51 pm

eldigato wrote:
For someone who people said he was smart he sure fucked getting a reasonable sentence in the ass.

A reasonable sentence would be a life sentence, at least here in America.

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 7:24 am

QuestionMark wrote:
eldigato wrote:
For someone who people said he was smart he sure fucked getting a reasonable sentence in the ass.

A reasonable sentence would be a life sentence, at least here in America.

Just saying, he could've have gotten a lighter sentence if he went to juvenile court.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 8:07 am

Mary Sartin killed her husband and 5 children before killing herself
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 64083
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 8:20 am

In Kuwait, Nasra Yussef al-Enzi killed 57 people and wounded 90 by setting a wedding tent on fire.

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 8:42 am

Amanda Miller. Perpetrator of the 2014 Las Vegas shooting, along with her husband Jerad Miller, in which two police officers and a civilian were shot dead.
Back to top Go down
SugaryDecay

SugaryDecay

Contribution Points : 36783

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 5:16 pm

In January 10th, 1982, 23 year old Yao Jinyun, rammed a car against people in Tiananmen Square, in Beijing, China killing 5 and injuring 19.
Photo of her:
The car used (photo also associated as an aftermath photo of the Tian Mingjian incident):

EricsToastInTheCaf, Carnifex879 and 22:22 like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 6:47 pm

Super retro
Jane toppan: Nurse that was sentenced to the taunton insane asylum in 1901 for killing 31 patients by giving them medicine with chemicals she added in to consume.

Geshe gottfried: Nurse that killed 15 patients between the years of 1813-1827 by mixing arsenic into their food

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 10:13 pm

Earlier this month, Katie Perinovic killed her 3 children then herself in Melbourne, Australia.
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 60914
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 3:01 pm

Nasim Aghdam shot three people at the Youtube Headquarters then killed herself. Very weird case.

QuestionMark, EricsToastInTheCaf and Luci like this post

Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68247
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 6:42 pm

Masumi Hayashi killed 4 people and made several others sick at a summer festival by poisoning their curry.

Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst

Carnifex879

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 1:48 pm

Cherie Rhoades, a Native American woman, shot and killed 4 and wounded 2 at a reservation.

Back to top Go down
My_mondays

My_mondays

Contribution Points : 38473
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 10:09 am

Brenda Spencer is the only other school shooter who really got my attention besides E and D, thanks to her famous "I don't like Mondays" which is quoted in a comic I have since childhood.
She was probably the very first school shooter who became so (in)famous and had such a media coverage for her shooting, since we still have footage of it on Youtube and videos of her, even some animated gifs.
Now she is a fat, ugly, pathetic middle aged woman, which try to justify from behind bars what she did when she was young. Nonethless, I somehow feel sorry for her.
It would be very interesting if E and D would have not killed themself, to see them bald and ugly now, accusing each other from their respective prisons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 12:31 am

My_mondays wrote:
Now she is a fat, ugly, pathetic middle aged woman, which try to justify from behind bars what she did when she was young. Nonethless, I somehow feel sorry for her.
It would be very interesting if E and D would have not killed themself, to see them bald and ugly now, accusing each other from their respective prisons.
it would be interesting, indeed! one day many of us will become ugly, pathetic, fat, balding, disgusting, decaying, repulsive old people scolding little children as they zip about on their hoverboards with vr headsets. i am looking forward to it very much xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 6:12 am

(Deleted)

Last edited by 9mmtomyhead on Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97590
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 6:38 am

D-FENS1993 wrote:
Olga Hepnarová: Rammed a truck into a group of 25 people waiting for a train in Prague, killing 8 and wounding 12 on July 10th 1973. She was executed by hanging on March 12th 1975.

Waiting for a tram, not train.

... now people will think I'm her fangirl. Amazing. Yep real cool. Wow.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2021 8:59 am

Sabratha wrote:
... now people will think I'm her fangirl.

I wonder if she’d have more fangirls and fanboys had she followed through with one of her original plans which according to the Wikipedia article was to use firearms.
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst

Carnifex879

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2021 3:00 pm

morgenroede wrote:
Sabratha wrote:

I wonder if she’d have more fangirls and fanboys had she followed through with one of her original plans which according to the Wikipedia article was to use firearms.
Not too likely. There's been a decent amount of female mass shooters/murderers, excluding terrorists, but very few of them have as many "fans" as male ones. Maybe it's because few have any sympathy for ones who didn't experience poor treatment like Brenda Spencer, who is one of the very few female shooters I can think of with quite a few fangirls and fanboys. Some look up to them because they think their actions were justified and some just because of their looks.

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2021 7:20 pm

Carnifex879 wrote:
Not too likely. There's been a decent amount of female mass shooters/murderers, excluding terrorists, but very few of them have as many "fans" as male ones. Maybe it's because few have any sympathy for ones who didn't experience poor treatment like Brenda Spencer, who is one of the very few female shooters I can think of with quite a few fangirls and fanboys. Some look up to them because they think their actions were justified and some just because of their looks.

Brenda Spencer definitely has more fans because she looked cute when she was young. Ask my teenage self almost fangirling over her about a decade ago. Haha  Most of her admirers ignore her recent pictures where she’s fat and painful to look at and just think of her as a pretty 16-year-old. And yeah, her story makes her easy to sympathize with unless you believe Langman’s version of events. (that is, she never was abused or molested, had a happy childhood and no history of depression, and was manipulative to her nice and kind dad)

Langman completely omitted to mention that she lived in poverty and that her dad was an alcoholic, though. That alone does not sound like a good childhood to me. I have no idea if Brenda lied about having been molested by her father; she lied a lot in general, but considering that he married her 17-year-old cellmate who was said to look eerily similar to Brenda (the fact that Langman also failed to mention in his article, intentionally or not), I just don’t know what to make of it.

Also, why do all the psychologists who say that mass shooters are often happy-go-lucky psychopaths who shoot people out of boredom never seem to realize that the inevitable consequence of committing mass murder, if the killer does not immediately kill themself afterwards, tends to be like years upon years of utter boredom and then eventually death? Are those psychopaths really that dumb and impulsive? But wait, if they are dumb and impulsive, how do they manage to make intricate plans beforehand? This is almost a genuine question btw no matter how ironic it may sound.

Anyway, getting back to the topic (since this is a thread about female mass killers and not about shitty incompetent somewhat controversial psychologists like Langman, even though I’m thankful for the existence of his site), looks matter regardless of gender when it comes to murderers having fans; neither Sylvia Seegrist nor Jared Loughner was destined for popularity on TCC tumblr and twitter. As for Olga Hepnarová, she wasn’t bad-looking, but perhaps her dated haircut would have worked against her even if she had chosen a glamorous firearm instead of a boring truck. Very Happy

Speaking of bad haircuts, why does Dylann Roof even have fangirls? Are they all desperate for a Turner Diaries type love story?
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2021 4:58 am

morgenroede wrote:
Sabratha wrote:

I think the main reason why she is not very well known is that her attack happened in communist Czechoslovakia. There was no internet, people in the west didn't know much about it in general. In the east, the commie governments always tried to minimize any "negative news" while maximizing "good news".
So most articles about her very very brief ie: "She was tried, sentenced and executed."

Carnifex879 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2021 5:01 am

morgenroede wrote:
Are those psychopaths really that dumb and impulsive? But wait, if they are dumb and impulsive, how do they manage to make intricate plans beforehand? This is almost a genuine question btw no matter how ironic it may sound.

Prof. Robert Hare would probably say that we hear the most about the dumb&impulsive and get to study them precisely because they are the ones getting caught.
The smart or non-impulsive ones either manage to stay in the "unethical but legal" zone, or just get away with it and never get caught.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2021 6:03 am

Sabratha wrote:
In the east, the commie governments always tried to minimize any "negative news" while maximizing "good news".
So most articles about her very very brief ie: "She was tried, sentenced and executed."

Yeah, I’m from a post-commie state too and I noticed this approach to news in all the Soviet-era newspapers and magazines I’ve ever seen. It was almost like no notoriety long before no notoriety became cool.

Sabratha wrote:
Prof. Robert Hare would probably say that we hear the most about the dumb&impulsive and get to study them precisely because they are the ones getting caught.

That’s quite a common explanation; I believe Langman said it as well, although I may be misremembering. But planning a crime for months is the very opposite of impulsive. Something here doesn’t add up...

Sabratha wrote:
The smart or non-impulsive ones either manage to stay in the "unethical but legal" zone, or just get away with it and never get caught.

I’d think even the dumbest would-be murderer (well, maybe unless Martin Bryant-level dumb) who just wants to kill people out of sheer boredom would know better than to choose the method that is 99,99% impossible to get away with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Female mass killers   Female mass killers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Female mass killers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next