Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan and Guns

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 58349
Forum Reputation : 296

Dylan and Guns Empty
PostSubject: Dylan and Guns   Dylan and Guns Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2020 7:00 pm

A few nights ago it just dawned on me that Dylan has had to ask someone in late August or early September of 1997 to buy/get a weapon for him. That’s very interesting!

The next time there is a mention of a gun is on 11/03/1997, when he writes ”[edited] will get me a gun, ill go on my killing spree against anyone I want.”

So who could this be? My guess is Phillip Duran. Could it have been members in the Trench Coat Mafia that were a year ahead of Dylan/Eric in school (such as Chris Morris, Robert Perry, Joe Stair, etc.)? Or could it be a co-worker. We know that Dylan worked at Blackjack Pizza from December 1997 to December 1998.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Reznor

Reznor

Contribution Points : 40946
Forum Reputation : 350

Dylan and Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan and Guns   Dylan and Guns Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 1:44 am

The timeline of December 1997 to December 1998 is incorrect. In his diversion paperwork, which was in March 1998 Dylan wrote that he had worked at Blackjack and Alberstons, and the longest he worked at a job was 3 months. He got the job at Albertson's shortly after the van break in and had quit before the diversion paperwork was completed, since it hadn't been 3 months that means that he only worked at Blackjack for 3 months prior to March 1998. On December 21st he reported to his diversion officer that he was back at Blackjack Pizza. The diversion appointment before this was on December 1st. Meaning that he was rehired during this 3 week window.

According to Duran's statement to police he had been hired at Blackjack in January or February of 1998. It's heavily implied that Duran met Dylan while working at Blackjack. They also did not attend Columbine at the same time therefore couldn't have met at school prior to Blackjack. He also said that he had been approached by Eric and Dylan a few times to purchase guns for them but he told them he wouldn't buy them guns because he didn't want his name on any paperwork.

Both Chris Morris and Robert Perry were the same age as Dylan and were part of the class of 1999, not a year ahead and Joe Stair would have been 17 in November 1997 and would have been unable to legally purchase a firearm.

This is an interesting question and I wish I could help more, but I don't really have any ideas on who it actually was.
Back to top Go down
downwardspiral

downwardspiral

Contribution Points : 40750
Forum Reputation : 306

Dylan and Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan and Guns   Dylan and Guns Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 4:14 am

true_crime wrote:
A few nights ago it just dawned on me that Dylan has had to ask someone in late August or early September of 1997 to buy/get a weapon for him. That’s very interesting!

Wait, I haven't heard of this before...where did it say he asked someone in August/September 1997?

I also find it interesting that he talked about Eric getting further away from him. I wonder what caused him to think that would happen. And the fact that he put that in the same entry where he talked about going on a killing spree, apparently alone, indicates to me that Eric was probably not in on the plan yet, and it was most likely Dylan's idea in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Reznor

Reznor

Contribution Points : 40946
Forum Reputation : 350

Dylan and Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan and Guns   Dylan and Guns Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 4:32 am

downwardspiral wrote:
true_crime wrote:

Wait, I haven't heard of this before...where did it say he asked someone in August/September 1997?

On September 3rd, 1997 he wrote "[Redacted] can get me that gun I hope" meaning that he probably asked someone to get him one shortly before.
Back to top Go down
downwardspiral

downwardspiral

Contribution Points : 40750
Forum Reputation : 306

Dylan and Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan and Guns   Dylan and Guns Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 5:43 pm

Reznor wrote:
On September 3rd, 1997 he wrote "[Redacted] can get me that gun I hope" meaning that he probably asked someone to get him one shortly before.

Somehow I missed that! Don't these two entries, plus the entry where he talked about going on a killing spree with the girl he was interested in, strongly suggest that Columbine was Dylan's idea to begin with? Considering he said "get me that gun" instead of "get us that gun."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dylan and Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan and Guns   Dylan and Guns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan and Guns
Page 1 of 1