Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?

Go down 
+16
Fata Morgana
HanShotFirst
thelmar
My_mondays
Akknowslife
23september
bradt93
NoThanks
LPorter101
milennialrebelette
Screamingophelia
Tesla101
Ligeya
Babydoll
downwardspiral
QuestionMark
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82782
Forum Reputation : 3068

Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 2:38 pm

bradt93 wrote:
[
With all due respect, Wayne Harris didn't even claim his sons body. I'm sorry, but I don't think he was a good father. A man who doesn't claim his son tells me he was a piece of sh*t.

The Harris' did not personally claim Eric's remains but an intermediary was sent to do so for them. Eric was not just left at a funeral home somewhere or placed in a pauper's field, unclaimed. The Harris' did not reveal what, if any, service they had for Eric or where his ashes were entombed. And that is their right. I, like many, would like to know how they mourned Eric but it's none of my business and they don't owe me an explanation.

There's no problem being of the opinion that Wayne was a certain way. But I think it's important to clarify that it's your opinion because people learn about the case by reading what others write about it. And if we are stating things as fact, like Wayne Harris wasn't a good father or didn't hug his son or tell him he loved him, when there is no evidence for or against these statements, we just perpetuate the myths that have surrounded this case for the last 21 years.

Babydoll likes this post

Back to top Go down
dreadpirateroberts2020

Contribution Points : 41430
Forum Reputation : 125

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 6:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quick question for you!

So, let's presume that Eric was buried/entombed at a local public cemetery in the Denver Metro area.

(I've heard this is the case).

Given that public cemeteries are generally subject to public record laws and can be requested, I wonder if anyone has submitted a request to cemeteries in the Denver Metro area?

I'm in no way seeking to (1) disturb Eric's resting place or (2) create a place of reverence for Eric & Dylan fans.

I just think to know where Wayne and Kathy chose to bury/entomb their son would speak to their reaction/experience with the tragedy.

"When have I lied? When have I cheated or stolen from anyone here? When have I treated anyone unfairly? When have I lead you astray?

Why do you turn on me now when I have poured my heart and soul into this community and project?

...Do you think this site built itself? Do you think it runs itself?...Do you have any idea the risk the people operating this site are taking?

Do you have any clue what we've been through to get here today?

Whether you like it or not, I am the captain of this ship, if you don’t like the rules of the game, or you don’t trust your captain, you can get off the boat.”

-Dread Pirate Roberts

My_mondays dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82782
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 7:59 pm

dreadpiraterobers2020 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quick question for you!

So, let's presume that Eric was buried/entombed at a local public cemetery in the Denver Metro area.

(I've heard this is the case).  

Given that public cemeteries are generally subject to public record laws and can be requested, I wonder if anyone has submitted a request to cemeteries in the Denver Metro area?

I'm in no way seeking to (1) disturb Eric's resting place or (2) create a place of reverence for Eric & Dylan fans.

I just think to know where Wayne and Kathy chose to bury/entomb their son would speak to their reaction/experience with the tragedy.  

After 21 yrs, I am reasonably certain that if he had a gravesite which could be found through a public records search, that it would have been found already. Some sections of the TCC are a cult-like following for Eric and Dylan, I could envision they would like nothing better than to make annual pilgrimages to his grave.

Were I the Harrises, or the Klebolds, I would have either paid to have the ashes placed in a columbarium in a private cemetery under an assumed name or would have distributed them myself in a location which held a specific memory for the family. Out at sea, if it were appropriate, as then you'd be assured no one would dig up ground and claim it contained your son's ashes.
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102797
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2020 2:52 am

Eric wasn't really attractive. He was an average looking guy. He also wasn't particularly tall. He had a caved in chest. He was very self conscious, and weird. Of course he'd feel like he wasn't ever good enough, and hated how he looked. Too bad. He probably could've found a girl in college if he ever decided to go and live by his 20's.

Isabela dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2020 2:59 am

bradt93 wrote:
I just wish their peers never judged them and they should've realized they were worth something Crying or Very sad They died feeling they weren't loved. Dylan brought cookies to his class that's why I say this. I will say this though, I don't think Wayne was a good father to Eric. Fathers should love their children too, not just the mothers. I think Eric wanted his fathers approval badly and felt he was worthless in his eyes. I feel if his dad only hugged him or something and told him he loved him, it would've made a little difference.
It's high school. Everyone gets judged, including the popular kids. It's high school. That's reality.

These guys had friends that would participate in their videos, go out bowling with them, go out drinking and getting drunk with them, go out partying, vandalizing other people's houses and property with them, etc. They had friends. That is more to say than a guy like Adam Lanza, or Elliot Rodger, or Seung Hui Cho, who had no friends.

"Loners" my ass they were.

downwardspiral and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 91056
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2020 1:15 pm

lol wrote:
bradt93 wrote:
I just wish their peers never judged them and they should've realized they were worth something Crying or Very sad They died feeling they weren't loved. Dylan brought cookies to his class that's why I say this. I will say this though, I don't think Wayne was a good father to Eric. Fathers should love their children too, not just the mothers. I think Eric wanted his fathers approval badly and felt he was worthless in his eyes. I feel if his dad only hugged him or something and told him he loved him, it would've made a little difference.
It's high school. Everyone gets judged, including the popular kids. It's high school. That's reality.

These guys had friends that would participate in their videos, go out bowling with them, go out drinking and getting drunk with them, go out partying, vandalizing other people's houses and property with them, etc. They had friends. That is more to say than a guy like Adam Lanza, or Elliot Rodger, or Seung Hui Cho, who had no friends.

Well, each of the shooters had a mental problem or social order. Elliot Roger had aspergers which is a difficult social disorder to overcome.

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2020 12:28 am

bradt93 wrote:
lol wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

Well, each of the shooters had a mental problem or social order. Elliot Roger had aspergers which is a difficult social disorder to overcome.
Right, Eric and Dylan had mental illness. We don't know what nor to what extent. A dead person cannot be diagnosed properly, but these guys were far from being loners.
Back to top Go down
iforgotmyoldname2

iforgotmyoldname2

Contribution Points : 62367
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2020 9:58 pm

Both Eric and Dylan were fine looking, IMO, but being a teenager with no self confidence isn't an easy thing to go through as I'm sure a lot of people here could relate to.
Back to top Go down
Adzybear

Adzybear

Contribution Points : 60861
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 12:50 am

Seeing them in real life would be very different also. To get a true picture of someone from a couple of shitty VHS tapes and High School photos is impossible.

QuestionMark and Akknowslife like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2