Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric, Dylan and Computers

Go down 
+4
deathmedic
Mj2beat
Jenn
deelightful
8 posters
AuthorMessage
deelightful

Contribution Points : 99935
Forum Reputation : 0

Eric, Dylan and Computers Empty
PostSubject: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 1:07 am

Today, I read an interesting article that said 3 of the 10 best jobs to have are web developer, computer systems analyst and software developer. According to the article, these are jobs that pay relatively well and are in high demand.

It got me thinking that had Eric and Dylan never plotted the massacre, and expanded their computer skills, they probably would have had very successful careers in the field. 

I know Dylan said he wanted to study computer science and Eric was really into designing video games. If they were alive today though, where do you think their specialties would be in?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119183
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 3:12 am

I have always wondered why people think that if Dylan and Eric never committed the massacre they would have these great jobs, these great lives with great families?

Chances are, if Dylan and Eric didn't commit the massacre, they would have been involved in some other kind of criminal activity and would have probably ended up in jail or prison. They had already proved that they were criminals and I seriously doubt they would have gotten into trouble that one time and that is it. Most criminals will always be criminals.

And when it came to schooling and holding down a job, Dylan seemed to have no motivation whatsoever. It doesn't seem to me that he took his schooling or his job very seriously and did as little as possible; just enough to slide by. How could someone who lacks ambition and motivation, such as Dylan did, end up with this great career?

If Dylan and Eric were exactly the same in every other regard and the only thing that was changed about them was that they didn't go through with the massacre, I have no doubt that those boys would have eventually done some other kind of horrible crime and ended up in prison.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 8:15 am

If they didn't do NBK? Dylan= suicide by age 22, Eric= rapist.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95479
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 10:49 am

With Dylan I am not so sure but I always have thought that Eric would become a serial killer like Ted Bundy

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 11:16 am

ThoughtBox wrote:

Exactly. But I might say: Eric= Cop-Rapist.
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 102274
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 1:12 pm

Jenn wrote:
I have always wondered why people think that if Dylan and Eric never committed the massacre they would have these great jobs, these great lives with great families?

Chances are, if Dylan and Eric didn't commit the massacre, they would have been involved in some other kind of criminal activity and would have probably ended up in jail or prison. They had already proved that they were criminals and I seriously doubt they would have gotten into trouble that one time and that is it. Most criminals will always be criminals.

This is not true.... When I was their age I was wild.... I was arrested multiple times for fighting, vandalism, shoplifting, underage drinking ect.... I grew up and I have not been in any trouble for MANY years.
Now do I still have the criminal mindset... Yes I do, for example when I walk into a place I look at where the security cameras are, and I see most of the vulnerabilities in the security systems, do I steal.. No but there is always those thoughts in the back of my head "Hey I can do this and get away with it no problem". I think the van incident was just them being teenagers thinking they can getaway with it.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119183
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 2:29 pm

deathmedic wrote:
Jenn wrote:

This is not true.... When I was their age I was wild.... I was arrested multiple times for fighting, vandalism, shoplifting, underage drinking ect.... I grew up and I have not been in any trouble for MANY years.
Now do I still have the criminal mindset... Yes I do, for example when I walk into a place I look at where the security cameras are, and I see most of the vulnerabilities in the security systems, do I steal.. No but there is always those thoughts in the back of my head "Hey I can do this and get away with it no problem". I think the van incident was just them being teenagers thinking they can getaway with it.

Did you ever plan a massacre though? Did you ever have an intention to murder hundreds of people? I was answering this question on the basis that they had planned the massacre but just didn't go through with it.

I do not believe for a second that if Dylan and Eric didn't go through with the massacre that they would be anything less than criminals for the rest of their lives. Do you honestly see someone who once planned to murder hundreds of innocent children growing up to be a doctor or have some other great career as many people have implied?

You are acting as though the only criminal activity they had was breaking into a van, but it wasn't. They also planned to blow up their school and kill hundreds of children. I think that is a little different than underage drinking, having bar fights and shop lifting petty things from a convenience store?

Remember, when you answer this question, what would they be like had they not gone through with the massacre? They still planned it, had the same mindset while planning it, everything else was exactly the same except they didn't go through with it. Would you then still feel they were just 'being teenagers'?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:43 pm

gustopoet wrote:
ThoughtBox wrote:

Haha, exactly. Touche.
Back to top Go down
jettfyre80

Contribution Points : 94660

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 3:08 am

I've actually thought about this a lot. I think if they had graduated as normal, Dylan would have gone to college in Arizona and Eric would have either become a cop or tried another branch of the military. If Eric had been accepted into the Marines, I think he would have become very successful. I can see him doing his four years or so of military service, serving in the Iraq war and coming out of that ok, then retiring from the military and working for Blackwater or some other high level government job.

I can see Dylan going through college and marrying the first girl he met at school. He would graduate with a computer science degree and maybe have kids.

As far as their friendship goes, I can see Eric teasing Dylan about getting married and bragging about his own life as a ladies man. I believe Eric would never have a serious girlfriend but would have several one night stands.

Maybe I'm way off base but I can see it...

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:51 pm

ThoughtBox wrote:
gustopoet wrote:
ThoughtBox wrote:

Haha, exactly. Touche.
i think that eric in prison would have been raped that is what i saw in a dream of mine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:52 pm

dreamman67 wrote:
ThoughtBox wrote:
gustopoet wrote:
ThoughtBox wrote:

Haha, exactly. Touche.
i think that eric in prison would have been raped that is what i saw in a dream of mine
MnM, is that you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:53 pm

Stephen wrote:
dreamman67 wrote:
ThoughtBox wrote:
gustopoet wrote:
ThoughtBox wrote:

Haha, exactly. Touche.
MnM, is that you?
why are you calling me a chocolate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 pm

dreamman67 wrote:
Stephen wrote:
dreamman67 wrote:
ThoughtBox wrote:
gustopoet wrote:
ThoughtBox wrote:

Haha, exactly. Touche.
MnM, is that you?
why are you calling me a chocolate
Never mind.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101463
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 2:01 am

dreamman67, did you use the name RegalSin on SCMRPG?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 2:20 am

tfsa47090 wrote:
i was not regalsin i have been into columbine for less than a week so i dont even know who that is
Back to top Go down
tragedy79

Contribution Points : 102420

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 2:43 am

Stephen wrote:
dreamman67 wrote:
ThoughtBox wrote:
gustopoet wrote:
ThoughtBox wrote:

Haha, exactly. Touche.
MnM, is that you?

Lol; I actually thought it too, though MnM's writing style is a lot different

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 2:50 am

tfsa47090 wrote:

*snorts* Well, we definitely know it's not Smiggles.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102787
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
tfsa47090 wrote:

*snorts*  Well, we definitely know it's not Smiggles.

Or it could be if the conspiracies are correct  Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 11:13 am

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
tfsa47090 wrote:

*snorts*  Well, we definitely know it's not Smiggles.

Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and Computers   Eric, Dylan and Computers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric, Dylan and Computers
Page 1 of 1