Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Basement Tapes Destroyed

Go down 
+83
Primate Murder
Stallo
vio1ette
Norwegian
EthanEmerson
Carnifex879
khscarymovie4part4
REBELVODKA
Jaymie
Onyx
noodlesoldier
kblu
mbiholding
jada887
SandraSmit19
properground
thelmar
rocdk
Okay-Okay
slippy123
QuestionMark
Jea
silentprocess
Cemetery Jones
Guest83142
Screamingophelia
1Mare1
InsaneIntruder
starrwilliams
jodie-b
iforgotmyoldname2
MrAdventure
FrenchObserver
Scarletmoon
Lizpuff
spidEr
ZCD99
wawbeast44
edgelord
knightzero
FIBAgent
GreenGrayDay
Jbow89
H311ish.B3ast
afrrs
EGSandrew
myshame
KatieJean1988
meowitscow
rebelgoddess
bubbles
shades
aquillina
Koltin
Archvile
ChoSeungHui
eli27
Rebdoomer
lio45
radaddio
ThoughtBox
Extanil
KitKat2013
Sabratha
em81
LPorter101
Mr_Chagrin
MysteryMan
lol
carrie12
rebgirl
Cezar
szuzanna
Jenn
philosopher_king
Draw_It_White
Wideawake
gasolinechild
deathmedic
sororityalpha
Juicy Jazzy
Gonz
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Saoradh

Saoradh

Contribution Points : 38004
Forum Reputation : 175

Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2021 5:45 am

Time Magazine's Tim Roche on NPR [The Basement Tapes] (December 13, 1999)

NPR speaks with Tim Roche, co-author of The Columbine Tapes, an article published in the Dec. 20, 1999 issue of Time Magazine. Roche tells NPR about what he learned from viewing videotapes, i.e. the Basement Tapes, made by the teens who carried out the massacre last spring at Columbine High School in Colorado. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris detailed their motives and plans for killing students at the school.

Time Magazine's Tim Roche on NPR [The Basement Tapes] (December 13, 1999)

Primate Murder and MilverSoxie dislike this post

Back to top Go down
Saoradh

Saoradh

Contribution Points : 38004
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2021 6:07 pm

The main reason I’d love to watch "Basement Tapes" is because I’d want to see their actual behavior and expressions, you can fool others with words but your body language will still tell what’s behind them. It would be so telling.

Employer_Square and Saoradh like this post

Primate Murder and MilverSoxie dislike this post

Back to top Go down
Jollyhelpful

Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 66119
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2021 9:37 pm

I've always been in favor of releasing the Basement Tapes for the sole purpose of the demystification of E&D. look at the Elliot Rogers videos. After viewing them in all their awkwardness, nobody would be "inspired" by them.If unreleased They would be described as the following: Elliott laments on his lack of success with women and elaborates on how he will soon take his revenge on them." That sounds broad enough to "Inspire" a new generation of "Incels" into action. You want to know what the Basement Tapes would sound like? Follow the link below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

garbagetalker1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97590
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 3:44 am

Jollyhelpful wrote:
I've always been in favor of releasing the Basement Tapes for the sole purpose of the demystification of E&D. look at the Elliot Rogers videos. After viewing them in all their awkwardness, nobody would be "inspired" by them.If unreleased They would be described as the following: Elliott laments on his lack of success with women and elaborates on how he will soon take his revenge on them." That sounds broad enough to "Inspire" a new generation of "Incels" into action. You want to know what the Basement Tapes would sound like? Follow the link below.

It is really hard to predict what would inspire certain people. Take Cho's recordings. He appears to be vividly deagend, rambling about Jesus Christ and whatnot with a wild look. At first glance one could assume that nobody will be inspired. But some later shooters still referred to him.

Having said that, if one looks at the statements made by those who seen the basement tapes one can get an impression that they really weren't all that special or insightful. Mostly 2 guys sitting in their mom's basement, eating slim jims and talking shit. In this sense I think that the basement tapes developed their mystique mostly through the mystery and the fact that they were not released.

But the way I see it - the journals were the important evidence that sheds the light on their motives. The basement tapes far less so. At least from what was reported to be in them.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 11:52 am

Jollyhelpful wrote:
look at the Elliot Rogers videos. After viewing them in all their awkwardness, nobody would be "inspired" by them.

Objectively wrong.

Employer_Square likes this post

Back to top Go down
Adzybear

Adzybear

Contribution Points : 60836
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 12:47 pm

I really think that if the Basement Tapes hadn't been destroyed, they would have leaked by now.

IMO, nobody is hanging on to those tapes or files in 2021. Not a chance. They can't really be sold because you would get into serious deep shit! Holding on to them all this time to release them for free with the risk of doing so wouldn't make sense.

I really think they have gone. Or at best, in some safe with 10 foot thick tempered steel walls & door.

Jeffco couldn't take the risk of saying they were destroyed for them to come out. That Police Department would get fucked beyond belief.

And don't get me wrong, it absolutely boils my piss to think that these were destroyed. There have been more copycats and Fanboys/Girls because of Dylans lovie dovie journal & their home videos for school.

I think to see them trying to be cool and badass would create a cringe factor. Not to mention the big plan they promised to deliver, to then fail on epic proportions!

I mean, Eric was apologising on the goodbye video. He was also crying in the car on his own in another. Saying he wished he didn't feel remorse but that he did in another. That is what should be released.

I really do think they have been destroyed and I wish they hadn't.

If they ever do come out some way or how, I will donate $100 to Jeffcos Christmas Staff Party. Can't beat a free bar!

Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 66119
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 4:48 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Jollyhelpful wrote:
look at the Elliot Rogers videos. After viewing them in all their awkwardness, nobody would be "inspired" by them.

Objectively wrong.

Fair enough; What I should've said was, After viewing them in all their awkwardness, I believe far less people would be "inspired" by the actual videos as opposed to a vague transcript, that would in turn leave people to use their imagination to fill in the gaps.

Adzybear and Employer_Square like this post

Back to top Go down
Adzybear

Adzybear

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 6:37 pm

I agree 100% Jollyhelpful

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98018
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2021 5:51 am

Jollyhelpful wrote:

Same as that goon Randy Stair who used to post on here.

He jus comes across as one pathetic specimen in all those videos he did.

Adzybear likes this post

Back to top Go down
KitKat2013

Contribution Points : 99694
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2021 9:13 am

I am on the same boat with people who think there are copies around the world. But those owners of the tapes might think they do "the right" by just overwriting/destroying or simply forgetting about them.

As I mentioned before on this forum, the German radio station WDR had excerpts from the library call that is not in any of the other releases. It is literally just running while the narrator talks and then you can hear a bit for like 3-5 seconds after the voice stops. I think you can hear some female yelling and gunshots, but so far in the timeline of events when the offically released recordings already stopped. And I doubt that the WDR just flew to Colorado to tape it off of a cassette deck themselves; they received a proper copy of that for sure. This guy might've already threw them away as a reporter who has countless of those reports done and his last tape machine broke might probably just don't give a shit about it anymore.

The same way can be projected onto the video material. "Oh this... ah well, my VCR broke, so let's trash all of it. Family movies are digitized, the rest I can't be arsed" sort of mentality. But on the other hand, being one, if not THE, mass shooting I think someone has a copy stashed away, maybe already demagnificated beyond repair. . . .

Koltin and Adzybear like this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2021 12:26 pm

Jollyhelpful wrote:

Fair enough; What I should've said was, After viewing them in all their awkwardness, I believe far less people would be "inspired" by the actual videos as opposed to a vague transcript, that would in turn leave people to use their imagination to fill in the gaps.

I'm not sure what you're basing this assumption off of. You have to be at least slightly fucked in the head to sympathize with Eric and Dylan to begin with. To be outright inspired enough to do your own killing means something is extremely wrong. That's why even Elliot Rodger has a fan base and copycats, and in response to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] even Randy Stair has (or had) fans who sympathized with him and cheered his actions. One of them was a member on this forum.

Adzybear likes this post

Back to top Go down
Adzybear

Adzybear

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2021 12:43 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Jollyhelpful wrote:

I'm not sure what you're basing this assumption off of. You have to be at least slightly fucked in the head to sympathize with Eric and Dylan to begin with. To be outright inspired enough to do your own killing means something is extremely wrong. That's why even Elliot Rodger has a fan base and copycats, and in response to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] even Randy Stair has (or had) fans who sympathized with him and cheered his actions. One of them was a member on this forum.

I guess we will never know if the release of those tapes would have created more followers.

Man, Eric & Dylan really caused a fuckin stir didn't they? Imagine if they knew that people would be debating any of this, over 20 years later? I am sure they would have been stoked about that!

I some times wonder if this whole thing would have been as big if the bombs had just gone off as planned. There would be less to talk about...

Nostos412 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Nessaj85

Nessaj85

Contribution Points : 42775

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2021 12:00 am

sororityalpha wrote:
The Basement Tapes are 3 hours 1 minute & 55 seconds long:

Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - March 15 to March 18

Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2 Tapes - Tape [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "Reb's Tape" April 11 to April 12 is part of the Basement Tapes
                                  Tape [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is the Radioactive Clothing video & NOT part of the Basement Tapes

Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - "Top Secret Rampart" Late March to April 20

**Copies were made of these items ... surely there MUST still be copies in existence.

If the FBI was involved they have copies of all video and doc evidence and they never destroy evidence but they will never let any of it become public, they might even use it as a teaching tool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basement Tapes Destroyed
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6