Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh

Go down 
+6
Screamingophelia
QuestionMark
Sabratha
sscc
InsaneIntruder
Tommy QTR
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 11:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So during my still ongoing hunt for the full uncut, unedited version of McVeigh's 60 Minutes interview I happened to find this. Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 11:26 am

I always find it heart breaking hearing about the families seeking answers

I don’t know this for a fact but I assume no answer will ever be enough

Look at Columbine. After 19 years, the depositions and Sues book the parents of the 13 victims are still not satisfied with the information:(

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 11:43 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

So during my still ongoing hunt for the full uncut, unedited version of McVeigh's 60 Minutes interview I happened to find this. Haha

You see you didn't came back empty-handed! Very Happy

Are you sure there was even a published unedited version?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 11:58 am

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

You see you didn't came back empty-handed! Very Happy

Hell who knows!? It's like looking for a needle in a haystack trying to find anything about McVeigh that hasn't been edited or cut.  I've been digging in archives and reading transcripts for fucking weeks. Mad
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83282
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 12:04 pm

Neah wrote:
I found this days ago and never posted because I'm not sure if this is the right interview. The copyright date seems wrong but the name is right and it definitely seems to me that this recording includes at least part of the interview that Tim gave on 60 minutes before being executed.

You can only see a sample of the video (some academic institutions provide full access here and in other places or you can purchase access) but the transcript seems to be complete (15 minutes for part one and 14 minutes for part two).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Even if this is the wrong interview, I am sure that it is available to view with a subscription somewhere.

If anyone is interested, there is another series that aired on MSNBC which includes recordings of audio tapes taken by his biographers during their interviews.

Last edited by sscc on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I always find it heart breaking hearing about the families seeking answers

I don’t know this for a fact but I assume no answer will ever be enough

Look at Columbine. After 19 years, the depositions and Sues book the parents of the 13 victims are still not satisfied with the information:(

Agreed. The letter the mother wrote was very forgiving in a sense. All she wanted was to know why. Sadly her questions were never answered. But truly what answer would be good enough? Sad
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97590
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 5:57 pm

Neah wrote:
It must be horrible being put to death by the country he was trying to save (in the wrong way).

He knew the stakes. Plus I'm pretty sure he would refer to the federal sevices as the "army of Babylon" or somesuch. He wasn't their friend, he knew they ain't his friends either. He knew he'd be facing the death penalty and I'm sure he believed the feds would kill him without blinking twice.

He was right on that last part.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 6:02 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Neah wrote:
It must be horrible being put to death by the country he was trying to save (in the wrong way).

He knew the stakes. Plus I'm pretty sure he would refer to the federal sevices as the "army of Babylon" or somesuch. He wasn't their friend, he knew they ain't his friends either. He knew he'd be facing the death penalty and I'm sure he believed the feds would kill him without blinking twice.

Yes, to him he was probably another feds' victim. But I wonder if he thought the American people supported him or not.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 6:04 pm

sscc wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
I do recall that Ted compared Tim to Eric Harris, which isn't that far off the mark honestly (though Eric was quite a bit more of a trouble-maker than Tim).
As far as I can tell, that quote was actually from Ted's brother, David Kaczynski. It is misattributed on a number quote based websites (that generally don't bother to fact check anything) but based on what I've found by searching, the context is that David was quoted in some articles from May of 1999 discussing the fact that bomb-making instructions are available on the internet and that they were used in Columbine.

Quote :
David Kaczynski, the brother of convicted "Unabomber" Theodore Kaczynski, said easy access to bombmaking sites can turn good kids bad. "We're allowing every Eric Harris, every troubled kid out there, to become the next Tim McVeigh," Kaczynski said.

It seems like a bit of an exaggeration, especially considering how Eric's bombs turned out with the help of his internet bomb tutorials. Also, saying that access to bomb-making instructions turns good kids bad is almost as accurate as saying that assault rifles commit mass shootings.

Most online bomb making instructions are not good enough to wipe your rear end with. Most wannabie bombers will end up like Eric. This in no way means we should trivialize the potential danger. Because then some Breivik will pop up and detonate a large bomb killing numerous people.

Bombs are a potent weapon for any spree shooter. The power of a spree shooter is the element of surprise and the fact taht he/she has all the time in the world to plan the attack. But the, the shooter cannot directly strike in more than one place at the same time - and that's where bombs come in.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 6:14 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Bombs are a potent weapon for any spree shooter. The power of a spree shooter is the element of surprise and the fact taht he/she has all the time in the world to plan the attack. But the, the shooter cannot directly strike in more than one place at the same time - and that's where bombs come in.

Yeah, and even a bad and not powerful bomb can cause a lot of damage if it explodes near a crowd and create a panic reaction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 2:57 am

The risk with bombs is that they can detonate prematurely, killing the perpetrator, or be useless, like Columbine and some ISIS bombs were.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 3:38 am

Ziamber II wrote:
The risk with bombs is that they can detonate prematurely, killing the perpetrator, or be useless, like Columbine and some ISIS bombs were.

During the 2015 Paris attack, at the Stade de France, 3 suicide bombers failed their plan. They exploded and killed only 1 person. They injured a dozen but none of them died. It means that 2 of the suicide bombers killed themselves only. The same happened that day at Boulevard Voltaire. A man detonated his suicide vest and killed himself only, but injured others. Sometimes I wish their was an afterlife so that they can see how failed their life and their attack was.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 4:12 am

Ziamber II wrote:

The trouble is that if a bomb fails, the shooter still has his rampage to go on. Bombs are an additional capacity.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 4:41 am

Sabratha wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:

The trouble is that if a bomb fails, the shooter still has his rampage to go on. Bombs are an additional capacity.

You really have to be determined or desperate to still do the rampage after a failed bombing (if nobody saw you yet). If it was me I would think: "Abort! Abort! In fact it won't go well, I'm a failure!".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 7:26 am

Sabratha wrote:
Neah wrote:

"I am sorry these people had to lose their lives. But that's the nature of the beast. It's understood going in what the human toll will be." —Timothy McVeigh

"Whether you wish to admit it or not, when you approve, morally, of the bombing of foreign targets by the U.S. military, you are approving of acts morally equivalent to the bombing in Oklahoma City." —Timothy McVeigh

"Bombing the Murrah Federal Building was morally and strategically equivalent to the U.S. hitting a government building in Serbia, Iraq, or other nations." —Timothy McVeigh

"I have great respect for human life. My decision to take human life at the Murrah Building – I did not do it for personal gain. I ease my mind in that...I did it for the larger good." —Timothy McVeigh

McVeigh definitely knew the stakes involved in what he was doing. While I do believe he hated killing innocent people, he deemed it as a necessary action.  Also considering his military background, he was trained to view things in a certain way. A sort of tunnel vision so to say. He was taught to see things differently, to separate his own personal feelings from his mission goals.

What really gets me about the whole case is that Timothy McVeigh would have been giving the highest honors, and thought of as a hero had he bombed a government building in a Country that the U.S. considered a enemy. The death toll could have been thousands of people, hundreds upon hundreds of children, yet the media and our government would say "It was a necessary action, we are safer now, blah blah blah"

As I said before the Military trained McVeigh, turned him into someone who was capable of viewing a building full of people as merely collateral damage that would draw attention to the point he was trying to make.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 7:30 am

Neah wrote:
Yes, to him he was probably another feds' victim. But I wonder if he thought the American people supported him or not.

I think he knew that some of his views were indeed inline with a lot of people's way of thinking.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 8:33 am

Neah wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:

You really have to be determined or desperate to still do the rampage after a failed bombing (if nobody saw you yet). If it was me I would think: "Abort! Abort! In fact it won't go well, I'm a failure!".

Unfortunately, E&D's example proved otherwise. I'm not going to give any tips to potential shooters, so I'll just limit myself to an existing example:
Breivik. He set the bombs, then went to to shoot at Utoya. I'm not sure he would cancel the attack on Utoya if the bombs failed. Maybe he would and then just try again another day.  

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
What really gets me about the whole case is that Timothy McVeigh would have been giving the highest honors, and thought of as a hero had he bombed a government building in a Country that the U.S. considered a enemy. The death toll could have been thousands of people, hundreds upon hundreds of children, yet the media and our government would say "It was a necessary action, we are safer now, blah blah blah"
Well that's the whole point isn't it? There was no war in Oklahoma City, he was not part of an army following orders and he bombed his own people. He didn't bomb a military target or a Saddam-like guy who was planning and commanding ennemy forces in the field. He killed a bunch of office workers and kids at a daycare center, a target without any real military value.

I don't think that was in his training.

Now if we were to view it as a military war action (and not terrorism) then it becomes even more simple. In taht case we have a US-citizen turned enemy combatant who attacks his own nation. This in turn makes him a traitor. No country would give  "highest honors" to a traitor, regardless of his military skill.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 9:28 am

Sabratha wrote:

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Well that's the whole point isn't it? There was no war in Oklahoma City, he was not part of an army following orders and he bombed his own people. He didn't bomb a military target or a Saddam-like guy who was planning and commanding ennemy forces in the field. He killed a bunch of office workers and kids at a daycare center, a target without any real military value.

I don't think that was in his training.

Now if we were to view it as a military war action (and not terrorism) then it becomes even more simple. In taht case we have a US-citizen turned enemy combatant who attacks his own nation. This in turn makes him a traitor. No country would give  "highest honors" to a traitor, regardless of his military skill.

Yes it most certainly was in his training, to kill and not think about it. To follow orders and not question the right or wrong of it. Look at any war we have been involved in, how many people do you think were killed? How many soldiers do you think dropped bombs from planes, gunned down, sniped out, shelled building, etc. killing innocent people even though they hated it? Even though they knew there were probably innocent women and children being hurt and killed?  How many do you think only followed through because it was expected of them? Because it was what they had been trained to do?

In my opinion McVeigh only did on a relatively small scale what he knew the government actively does on a massive one. He actually said many times in different ways that he was following the rules of engagement that was deemed acceptable by his own government and the public in general.  

In McVeigh's thinking he was at war with his country, who he believed was at war with him. So he engaged the enemy with tactics he had been taught and considered the loss of life including the children as an unfortunate but necessary action.

An that is only if you believe the Lone Wolf theory. If you dig deeper into the case you will find significant evidence that suggests he was a Op working for the government. The FBI was well documented to have done A LOT of shady things in that regard. But that is a whole other ballpark to get into. So the truth on who the real traitor or traitors are in this case is still unknown.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 1:57 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Yes it most certainly was in his training, to kill and not think about it. To follow orders and not question the right or wrong of it.

I imagine there is quite a fair chance that the US army is more stupid than the Polish army. But not that stupid.

Here soldiers are taught to take initiative if needed. To think and plan ahead for themselves, especially when cut-off from command. Or if they find themselves in a situation where they would organize an underground resistance or partisan movement against an invader (admittedly a more likely situation for Poland than the US). We have traditions of that sort dating back long before the US revolution.
When in doubt, soldiers fall back on the basic principles and motto of the force, which is: "God, Honor, Fatherland". Protect the country and its people, uphold the honor and moral dignity of the force you serve.

Bombing your own civilians is the opposite of all that. I imagine it is not all that different in the US in that last respect.

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Look at any war we have been involved in, how many people do you think were killed? How many soldiers do you think dropped bombs from planes, gunned down, sniped out, shelled building, etc. killing innocent people even though they hated it? Even though they knew there were probably innocent women and children being hurt and killed?  How many do you think only followed through because it was expected of them? Because it was what they had been trained to do?

Killing enemy soldiers or even collateral  death of enemy civilians during wartime is treated very differently than deliberately attacking your own civilians. No armed force in the world (ok, save maybe loony places like N.Korea) condones turning your arms against on your own nation, especially unarmed civilians.

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
In my opinion McVeigh only did on a relatively small scale what he knew the government actively does on a massive one. He actually said many times in different ways that he was following the rules of engagement that was deemed acceptable by his own government and the public in general.

I think he was trying to convince himself. He certainly fialed to convince me or most of his own comrades for that matter.

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
In McVeigh's thinking he was at war with his country, who he believed was at war with him. So he engaged the enemy with tactics he had been taught and considered the loss of life including the children as an unfortunate but necessary action.
The guys in Waco (who were hardly the most sane thinking guys out there) at least could try to claim they were at war because the government did send guys with fully automatics to their doors. Nobody came for McVeigh, nobody was at war with him. He was as free to live out his life in America as any other US ex-serviceman.

Thing is: I think he felt unable to accept the mediocrity of everything around him and his own. To use Eric's terms, McVeigh was unwilling to be just a "robot" who just floats down the "stream of life". He needed a grand, pure and illustrious cause. For some reason he decided that the anti-government preppers were that cause and he decided he's gonna be the grandest and most extreme of them all. And if 168 people have to die, then it is collateral damage that he is willing to nobly suffer for the grand, pure and illustrious cause.

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
An that is only if you believe the Lone Wolf theory. If you dig deeper into the case you will find significant evidence that suggests he was a Op working for the government. The FBI was well documented to have done A LOT of shady things in that regard. But that is a whole other ballpark to get into. So the truth on who the real traitor or traitors are in this case is still unknown.
He had some helpers and followers, maybe including some officials that were not discovered. But I do not see any evidence suggesting that there was a high ranking government mole helping him out.

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 2:25 pm

Ziamber II wrote:

I've also seen loads of plots that were disrupted because someone discovered the bombs or materials for them long before the plan was ready to be put into motion. Making bombs greatly increases the risk of being caught.

Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 3:00 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:

I've also seen loads of plots that were disrupted because someone discovered the bombs or materials for them long before the plan was ready to be put into motion. Making bombs greatly increases the risk of being caught.

That is true. A bomb would require lots of preparation and also obtaining components that could be tracked and noticed by the security forces. With a gun, you just load it up and walk out. At least if you already own a gun.

Still, if we are at a point when someone is determined to go out and shoot or bomb people, then its already too late. At this stage some people will probably die no matter what. At that stage the only thing that matters are safety features, training and preparation that have already been put in place by the authorities (warning sustems, classrooms with solid doors locked from the inside etc). These can minimize the bodycount, but in the initial minutes of the atatck the shooter will have the element of surprise and the first few people he attacks will probably die.

As such, we need not only to get better at safety features minimizing the effects of an ongoing attack. What we need to do now is to get better at detecting potential shooters before they strike. Convincing potential shooters taht its all not worth it and giving them a way out before they even become shooters.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 8:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Was going through some files and realized just how fucking similar Tim and (short haired) Dylan looked while wearing a hat. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 8:26 am

Video footage of Timothy McVeigh's getaway car after he was pulled over. The reason McVeigh isn't shown on the footage is the trooper supposedly pushed the wrong button on his dash cam. SO McVeigh is already in the back of the police car.

My "conspiracy theorist" senses are tingling! Suspect Haha
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70323
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 7:49 pm

Dylan does look like McVeigh in that photo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 8:19 pm

W.A.R. wrote:
Dylan does look like McVeigh in that photo.

I thought so too. They shared the same facial features. Strong profile, squared chin, prominent nose, strong jawline.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 9:59 am

Documents gathered during the bombing investigation show that a form letter from the Department of Defense Finance and Accounting Service was sent to Mr. McVeigh at his home in Lockport, N.Y., on Feb. 15, 1993, two years after he had left the Army after serving in the Persian Gulf war. The letter asked for the full $1,058 or a $50 installment within 30 days.

"I have received your notice informing me of my debt owed to you, as well as your threat of referring me to the Justice Department (Big Brother). In all honesty, I cannot even dream of repaying you the $1,000 which you say I owe. In fact, I can barely afford my monthly rent. Assets? The only thing I own of any value is my car, a 1987 Chevrolet/Geo Spectrum. If you really want the car, go ahead and seize it.

My car is my only way to get to work to support myself. But I guess that’s all irrelevant to you. Go ahead, take everything I own; take my dignity. Feel good as you grow fat and rich at my expense; sucking my tax dollars and property, tax dollars which justify your existence and pay your federal salary. Do you get it? By doing your evil job, you put me out of work."

The above was the letter McVeigh sent back in response. I can agree with his anger on that. I mean he had served his country during a war. Came back from said war as a decorated Vet. AND all they cared about was he had been overpaid the tiny amount of $1,058 dollars!?   Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 10:10 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

"My car is my only way to get to work to support myself. But I guess that’s all irrelevant to you. Go ahead, take everything I own; take my dignity. Feel good as you grow fat and rich at my expense; sucking my tax dollars and property, tax dollars which justify your existence and pay your federal salary. Do you get it? By doing your evil job, you put me out of work."

Wow, he had guts! Did they keep asking for the money after his letter?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 10:13 am

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

"My car is my only way to get to work to support myself. But I guess that’s all irrelevant to you. Go ahead, take everything I own; take my dignity. Feel good as you grow fat and rich at my expense; sucking my tax dollars and property, tax dollars which justify your existence and pay your federal salary. Do you get it? By doing your evil job, you put me out of work."

Wow, he had guts! Did they keep asking for the money after his letter?

Not sure what transpired after that. scratch

One would hope that the government would have let it go and realize they were being petty assholes, but probably not! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 10:26 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Was going through some files and realized just how fucking similar Tim and (short haired) Dylan looked while wearing a hat. Shocked

Wow yes. Don’t plant thoughts into my head the last thing I wanna do is also think Timothy McVeigh was attractive.

Embarassed Razz Surprised
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 10:28 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Documents gathered during the bombing investigation show that a form letter from the Department of Defense Finance and Accounting Service was sent to Mr. McVeigh at his home in Lockport, N.Y., on Feb. 15, 1993, two years after he had left the Army after serving in the Persian Gulf war. The letter asked for the full $1,058 or a $50 installment within 30 days.

"I have received your notice informing me of my debt owed to you, as well as your threat of referring me to the Justice Department (Big Brother). In all honesty, I cannot even dream of repaying you the $1,000 which you say I owe. In fact, I can barely afford my monthly rent. Assets? The only thing I own of any value is my car, a 1987 Chevrolet/Geo Spectrum. If you really want the car, go ahead and seize it.

My car is my only way to get to work to support myself. But I guess that’s all irrelevant to you. Go ahead, take everything I own; take my dignity. Feel good as you grow fat and rich at my expense; sucking my tax dollars and property, tax dollars which justify your existence and pay your federal salary. Do you get it? By doing your evil job, you put me out of work."

The above was the letter McVeigh sent back in response. I can agree with his anger on that. I mean he had served his country during a war. Came back from said war as a decorated Vet. AND all they cared about was he had been overpaid the tiny amount of $1,058 dollars!?   Evil or Very Mad

The way our veterans are treated in general is deplorable.

My friends is better and she was in the army and said she can’t get coverage for a simple filling but if her face was blown off then she would be
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 10:40 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Wow yes. Don’t plant thoughts into my head the last thing I wanna do is also think Timothy McVeigh was  attractive. Embarassed Razz Surprised

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Sorry! But I do agree. McVeigh was attractive by my standards as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 10:44 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

The way our veterans are treated in general is deplorable.

100% AGREED!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 10:51 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Wow yes. Don’t plant thoughts into my head the last thing I wanna do is also think Timothy McVeigh was  attractive. Embarassed Razz Surprised

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Sorry! But I do agree. McVeigh was attractive by my standards as well.

No worries but yea, That is a really nice picture of him.

Now I want to call my god cousin and ask questions. Like I know it was 30 years ago but do you remember anything??

I lived 10 minutes away from him. That is very Strange thinking I could’ve been in the supermarket with my mom and dad and he could’ve been there too. I was like 10 then though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 10:54 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Now I want to call my god  cousin and ask questions. Like I know it was 30 years ago but do you remember anything??

I lived 10 minutes away from him. That is very Strange thinking I could’ve been in the supermarket with my mom and dad and he could’ve been there too. I was like 10 then though

LOL! Thanks for being so understanding that I'm trying to corrupt your mind! Roll
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 11:01 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Now I want to call my god  cousin and ask questions. Like I know it was 30 years ago but

do you remember anything??

LOL! Thanks for being so understanding that I'm trying to corrupt your mind! Roll

Of course!!

Only send me to the insane asylum if I start thinking Richard Ramirez is attractive like many many women do.

I also wonder if Eric being from a military family helped him understand Timothy McVeigh’s motives from a different point of view? Like not only that he killed a lot of people but he knows the ins and outs of being in the military. And what can happen and what can It can do to a person?

I of course don’t condone but I think in Eric’s mind he had to do the massacre.There was no other choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 11:14 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I need to set you free from his charisma! Sadly this is the worst picture I found of him, not sure it will be enough:

HEY GIRLS! DO YOU THINK I'M SEXY?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 11:16 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Of course!!

Only send me to the insane asylum if I start thinking Richard Ramirez is attractive like many many women do.

I also wonder if Eric being from a military family helped him understand Timothy McVeigh’s motives from a different point of view? Like not only that he killed a lot of people but he knows the ins and outs of being in the military. And what can happen and what can It can do to a person?

I of course don’t condone but I think in Eric’s mind he had to do the massacre.There was no other choice.

I do think Eric was likely impressed with McVeigh. McVeigh was what Eric wanted to be, a soldier who carried out his mission.

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 11:17 am

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I need to set you free from his charisma! Sadly this is the worst picture I found of him, not sure it will be enough:

Actually that may make it worse! Haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 11:21 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Then I'm sorry to say that you are a lost cause. Sad There's nothing I can do for you. Damn! Why did you have to look like a model in all your pictures Timothy!
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91942
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 11:23 am

Some people here are sounding like fangirls lmao.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 11:27 am

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Then I'm sorry to say that you are a lost cause. Sad  There's nothing I can do for you. Damn! Why did you have to look like a model in all your pictures Timothy!

Maybe not ALL his pics, but enough to make you realize that he had a "glow up" somewhere along the way!  Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 11:29 am

Tommy QTR wrote:

I agree, but I'm not one of them, I swear! It is strange that McVeigh managed to escape the usual public release of cringey pictures of mass murderers. It is probably because he was a grown-up, so he was more mature than most school shooters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 11:30 am

Tommy QTR wrote:

Not a fangirl, and I am secure enough in my NON fangirlness to say that McVeigh was still good looking. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 11:31 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Maybe not ALL his pics, but enough to make you realize that he had a "glow up" somewhere along the way!  Smile

Come on, he was in the spirit of the times! Smile
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 11:31 am

Tommy QTR wrote:

Ironically so

It’s just me and SG being funny Smile At least to us. Which is really all that matters lol!

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 11:32 am

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Roll
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 11:32 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Roll

Ah the good old days

Where’s my crimper?
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91942
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 11:34 am

I've always thought he looked like TJ Lane, but that's just me.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 11:34 am

Yea, my friend saw a picture if Eric and said “wow he’s hot” Then I told her you should see his butt. She said I hate you... Smile

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 11:41 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
I've always thought he looked like TJ Lane, but that's just me.

I don't see any resemblance between McVeigh and Lane. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Oklahoma city  and Tim McVeigh - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next