Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Sabratha

Contribution Points : 42542

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The risk with bombs is that they can detonate prematurely, killing the perpetrator, or be useless, like Columbine and some ISIS bombs were.

I've also seen loads of plots that were disrupted because someone discovered the bombs or materials for them long before the plan was ready to be put into motion. Making bombs greatly increases the risk of being caught.

That is true. A bomb would require lots of preparation and also obtaining components that could be tracked and noticed by the security forces. With a gun, you just load it up and walk out. At least if you already own a gun.

Still, if we are at a point when someone is determined to go out and shoot or bomb people, then its already too late. At this stage some people will probably die no matter what. At that stage the only thing that matters are safety features, training and preparation that have already been put in place by the authorities (warning sustems, classrooms with solid doors locked from the inside etc). These can minimize the bodycount, but in the initial minutes of the atatck the shooter will have the element of surprise and the first few people he attacks will probably die.

As such, we need not only to get better at safety features minimizing the effects of an ongoing attack. What we need to do now is to get better at detecting potential shooters before they strike. Convincing potential shooters taht its all not worth it and giving them a way out before they even become shooters.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 75790

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Was going through some files and realized just how fucking similar Tim and (short haired) Dylan looked while wearing a hat. Shocked

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:26 pm

Video footage of Timothy McVeigh's getaway car after he was pulled over. The reason McVeigh isn't shown on the footage is the trooper supposedly pushed the wrong button on his dash cam. SO McVeigh is already in the back of the police car.

My "conspiracy theorist" senses are tingling! Suspect Haha

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.A.R.
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 19365

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:49 am

Dylan does look like McVeigh in that photo.

ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:19 am

Dylan does look like McVeigh in that photo.

I thought so too. They shared the same facial features. Strong profile, squared chin, prominent nose, strong jawline.

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Documents gathered during the bombing investigation show that a form letter from the Department of Defense Finance and Accounting Service was sent to Mr. McVeigh at his home in Lockport, N.Y., on Feb. 15, 1993, two years after he had left the Army after serving in the Persian Gulf war. The letter asked for the full $1,058 or a $50 installment within 30 days.

"I have received your notice informing me of my debt owed to you, as well as your threat of referring me to the Justice Department (Big Brother). In all honesty, I cannot even dream of repaying you the $1,000 which you say I owe. In fact, I can barely afford my monthly rent. Assets? The only thing I own of any value is my car, a 1987 Chevrolet/Geo Spectrum. If you really want the car, go ahead and seize it.

My car is my only way to get to work to support myself. But I guess that’s all irrelevant to you. Go ahead, take everything I own; take my dignity. Feel good as you grow fat and rich at my expense; sucking my tax dollars and property, tax dollars which justify your existence and pay your federal salary. Do you get it? By doing your evil job, you put me out of work."

The above was the letter McVeigh sent back in response. I can agree with his anger on that. I mean he had served his country during a war. Came back from said war as a decorated Vet. AND all they cared about was he had been overpaid the tiny amount of $1,058 dollars!?   Evil or Very Mad

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neah
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 17410

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:10 pm

"My car is my only way to get to work to support myself. But I guess that’s all irrelevant to you. Go ahead, take everything I own; take my dignity. Feel good as you grow fat and rich at my expense; sucking my tax dollars and property, tax dollars which justify your existence and pay your federal salary. Do you get it? By doing your evil job, you put me out of work."

Wow, he had guts! Did they keep asking for the money after his letter?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:13 pm

"My car is my only way to get to work to support myself. But I guess that’s all irrelevant to you. Go ahead, take everything I own; take my dignity. Feel good as you grow fat and rich at my expense; sucking my tax dollars and property, tax dollars which justify your existence and pay your federal salary. Do you get it? By doing your evil job, you put me out of work."

Wow, he had guts! Did they keep asking for the money after his letter?

Not sure what transpired after that. scratch

One would hope that the government would have let it go and realize they were being petty assholes, but probably not! Rolling Eyes

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 75822

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Was going through some files and realized just how fucking similar Tim and (short haired) Dylan looked while wearing a hat. Shocked

Wow yes. Don’t plant thoughts into my head the last thing I wanna do is also think Timothy McVeigh was attractive.

Embarassed Razz Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Documents gathered during the bombing investigation show that a form letter from the Department of Defense Finance and Accounting Service was sent to Mr. McVeigh at his home in Lockport, N.Y., on Feb. 15, 1993, two years after he had left the Army after serving in the Persian Gulf war. The letter asked for the full $1,058 or a $50 installment within 30 days.

"I have received your notice informing me of my debt owed to you, as well as your threat of referring me to the Justice Department (Big Brother). In all honesty, I cannot even dream of repaying you the $1,000 which you say I owe. In fact, I can barely afford my monthly rent. Assets? The only thing I own of any value is my car, a 1987 Chevrolet/Geo Spectrum. If you really want the car, go ahead and seize it.

My car is my only way to get to work to support myself. But I guess that’s all irrelevant to you. Go ahead, take everything I own; take my dignity. Feel good as you grow fat and rich at my expense; sucking my tax dollars and property, tax dollars which justify your existence and pay your federal salary. Do you get it? By doing your evil job, you put me out of work."

The above was the letter McVeigh sent back in response. I can agree with his anger on that. I mean he had served his country during a war. Came back from said war as a decorated Vet. AND all they cared about was he had been overpaid the tiny amount of $1,058 dollars!?   Evil or Very Mad

The way our veterans are treated in general is deplorable.

My friends is better and she was in the army and said she can’t get coverage for a simple filling but if her face was blown off then she would be
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:40 pm

Wow yes. Don’t plant thoughts into my head the last thing I wanna do is also think Timothy McVeigh was  attractive. Embarassed Razz Surprised

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Sorry! But I do agree. McVeigh was attractive by my standards as well.

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:44 pm

The way our veterans are treated in general is deplorable.

100% AGREED!

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:51 pm

Wow yes. Don’t plant thoughts into my head the last thing I wanna do is also think Timothy McVeigh was  attractive. Embarassed Razz Surprised

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Sorry! But I do agree. McVeigh was attractive by my standards as well.

No worries but yea, That is a really nice picture of him.

Now I want to call my god cousin and ask questions. Like I know it was 30 years ago but do you remember anything??

I lived 10 minutes away from him. That is very Strange thinking I could’ve been in the supermarket with my mom and dad and he could’ve been there too. I was like 10 then though
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:54 pm

Now I want to call my god  cousin and ask questions. Like I know it was 30 years ago but do you remember anything??

I lived 10 minutes away from him. That is very Strange thinking I could’ve been in the supermarket with my mom and dad and he could’ve been there too. I was like 10 then though

LOL! Thanks for being so understanding that I'm trying to corrupt your mind! Roll

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:01 pm

Now I want to call my god  cousin and ask questions. Like I know it was 30 years ago but

do you remember anything??

LOL! Thanks for being so understanding that I'm trying to corrupt your mind! Roll

Of course!!

Only send me to the insane asylum if I start thinking Richard Ramirez is attractive like many many women do.

I also wonder if Eric being from a military family helped him understand Timothy McVeigh’s motives from a different point of view? Like not only that he killed a lot of people but he knows the ins and outs of being in the military. And what can happen and what can It can do to a person?

I of course don’t condone but I think in Eric’s mind he had to do the massacre.There was no other choice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Neah
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:14 pm

I need to set you free from his charisma! Sadly this is the worst picture I found of him, not sure it will be enough:

HEY GIRLS! DO YOU THINK I'M SEXY?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:16 pm

Of course!!

Only send me to the insane asylum if I start thinking Richard Ramirez is attractive like many many women do.

I also wonder if Eric being from a military family helped him understand Timothy McVeigh’s motives from a different point of view? Like not only that he killed a lot of people but he knows the ins and outs of being in the military. And what can happen and what can It can do to a person?

I of course don’t condone but I think in Eric’s mind he had to do the massacre.There was no other choice.

I do think Eric was likely impressed with McVeigh. McVeigh was what Eric wanted to be, a soldier who carried out his mission.

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:17 pm

I need to set you free from his charisma! Sadly this is the worst picture I found of him, not sure it will be enough:

Actually that may make it worse! Haha

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neah
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:21 pm

Then I'm sorry to say that you are a lost cause. Sad There's nothing I can do for you. Damn! Why did you have to look like a model in all your pictures Timothy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 31369

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:23 pm

Some people here are sounding like fangirls lmao.

-Michael Ryan

"Loneliness has followed me for my whole life."

-Travis Bickle

"I don't have a single friend and I won't in the future. I'll be ignored because I'm ugly. I'm lower than trash because at least the trash gets recycled."

-Tomohiro Katō

"I will become a serial killer, a mad killer. Why? Because I am frustrated and I do not want to die alone, because I have had a shitty life. I want to feel powerful and free just once."

-Richard Durn

"A beautiful environment can be the darkest hell if you have to experience it all alone."

-Elliot Rodger
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Then I'm sorry to say that you are a lost cause. Sad  There's nothing I can do for you. Damn! Why did you have to look like a model in all your pictures Timothy!

Maybe not ALL his pics, but enough to make you realize that he had a "glow up" somewhere along the way!  Smile

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neah
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:29 pm

I agree, but I'm not one of them, I swear! It is strange that McVeigh managed to escape the usual public release of cringey pictures of mass murderers. It is probably because he was a grown-up, so he was more mature than most school shooters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:30 pm

Not a fangirl, and I am secure enough in my NON fangirlness to say that McVeigh was still good looking. Smile

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neah
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:31 pm

Maybe not ALL his pics, but enough to make you realize that he had a "glow up" somewhere along the way!  Smile

Come on, he was in the spirit of the times! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:31 pm

Ironically so

It’s just me and SG being funny Smile At least to us. Which is really all that matters lol!

ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:32 pm

Roll

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:32 pm

Roll

Ah the good old days

Where’s my crimper?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 31369

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:34 pm

I've always thought he looked like TJ Lane, but that's just me.

-Michael Ryan

"Loneliness has followed me for my whole life."

-Travis Bickle

"I don't have a single friend and I won't in the future. I'll be ignored because I'm ugly. I'm lower than trash because at least the trash gets recycled."

-Tomohiro Katō

"I will become a serial killer, a mad killer. Why? Because I am frustrated and I do not want to die alone, because I have had a shitty life. I want to feel powerful and free just once."

-Richard Durn

"A beautiful environment can be the darkest hell if you have to experience it all alone."

-Elliot Rodger
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:34 pm

Yea, my friend saw a picture if Eric and said “wow he’s hot” Then I told her you should see his butt. She said I hate you... Smile

ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:41 pm

I've always thought he looked like TJ Lane, but that's just me.

I don't see any resemblance between McVeigh and Lane. scratch

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next