Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why did everyone ignore the bullying

Go down 
+10
milennialrebelette
slippy123
Screamingophelia
Lizpuff
rae21
HanShotFirst
QuestionMark
bradt93
Tommy QTR
sassy-shamrocks
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 79403
Forum Reputation : 304

Why did everyone ignore the bullying - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did everyone ignore the bullying   Why did everyone ignore the bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2020 6:35 pm

The thing about social media is a good point. On the one hand, its unacceptable that Kids should dread going to school everyday out of fear of being bullied. Yet, at the same time people want a Quick fix answer to all problems. Its hardly that simple, but what matters is that the abuse and torment has to end at some point. A lot of this, I believe, has to start in the home, because bullying is oftentimes learned behaviour. Children emulate their parents and take from there,in a lot of cases. Now, this isnt to piss on every patent Where a child is being a bully. The causes for bullying behaviour can be complex and its not always the parents responsibility that their child can bully.

But in many cases, the home environment can be a toxic breeding ground for bullying behaviour. Also, in sine cases being bullied yourselves can have an impact.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why did everyone ignore the bullying   Why did everyone ignore the bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2020 6:36 pm

I always call out adults on social media that are rude and disrespectful towards other people, because they are influencers wether they admit to it or not.
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 59940
Forum Reputation : 725

PostSubject: Re: Why did everyone ignore the bullying   Why did everyone ignore the bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2020 5:55 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
Columbine was a Midwestern high school and most Midwestern high schools are day care centers for jocks.

Hey now, Colorado is NOT the Midwest. Coloradans take offense to that lol. But actually for real. Colorado is the Mountain West, along with Utah, Wyoming, Montana, etc. Parts you could say are Southwestern down next to New Mexico and Arizona. But the eastern part of Colorado has almost no people, there's no population until you're directly south of Cheyenne.

So yeah geographically and especially culturally Colorado is no where near the Midwest. The jock culture was definely a suburban thing you didn't see it in inner city Denver or the mountain towns for instance. But you could see it in SLC, Grand Junction, Cheyenne, Laramie, etc.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193796
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Why did everyone ignore the bullying   Why did everyone ignore the bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2020 5:59 pm

milennialrebelette wrote:
Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
Columbine was a Midwestern high school and most Midwestern high schools are day care centers for jocks.  

Hey now, Colorado is NOT the Midwest. Coloradans take offense to that lol. But actually for real. Colorado is the Mountain West, along with Utah, Wyoming, Montana, etc. Parts you could say are Southwestern down next to New Mexico and Arizona. But the eastern part of Colorado has almost no people, there's no population until you're directly south of Cheyenne.

So yeah geographically and especially culturally Colorado is no where near the Midwest. The jock culture was definely a suburban thing you didn't see it in inner city Denver or the mountain towns for instance. But you could see it in SLC, Grand Junction, Cheyenne, Laramie, etc.

I grew up in Upstate NY near Canada and we had a HUGE jock culture, I went to school in the burbs too. Most suburban schools in my area did. The city schools didn't, but they had their own issues as most schools do.

milennialrebelette likes this post

Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 91581
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Why did everyone ignore the bullying   Why did everyone ignore the bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2020 12:11 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Lunkhead McGrath wrote:

I grew up in Upstate NY near Canada and we had a HUGE jock culture, I went to school in the burbs too. Most suburban schools in my area did. The city schools didn't, but they had their own issues as most schools do.
That's strange, I always heard NY was a more accepting state overall? I mean it's a liberal state, unlike Texas where it would be harder I think to be accepted especially if you're "different"

Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why did everyone ignore the bullying   Why did everyone ignore the bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 3:46 pm

I dont know wether they were actually bullied as Ive heard so many different versions. Some suggesting they were bullied some suggesting the bullying was exagarated. Im not sure what makes sense the most, but I think it boils down to what you should trust the most. The fact that they are dead also makes the issue more complex. Also that theres so much information about Columbine and lot of it is incorrect.
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 59940
Forum Reputation : 725

PostSubject: Re: Why did everyone ignore the bullying   Why did everyone ignore the bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 2:51 am

bradt93 wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Lunkhead McGrath wrote:

That's strange, I always heard NY was a more accepting state overall? I mean it's a liberal state, unlike Texas where it would be harder I think to be accepted especially if you're "different"

Upstate NY is way more conservative than like NYC. I mean Texas is special in and of itself but places like Austin are way more liberal than upstate NY. Most states, even the "liberal" ones have a lot of conservative rural areas. Colorado is like that, the Western Slope, some of the small mountain towns that aren't near ski resorts or anywhere a ton of transplants have come in making it super expensive and more blue, and then if course the Eatster Plans. Hell even Hawai'i, a state so blue they never wait for our votes to come in to announce the president, has pretty conservative areas in the very rural places.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did everyone ignore the bullying   Why did everyone ignore the bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why did everyone ignore the bullying
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2