Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The small questions thread

Go down 
+39
Vallutaja
James411
Holloka
Majk
cakeman
icanmakeuhappy
Emanation of Darkness
cory M
5PMSomewhere
NotTheRedBaron
QuestionMark
thelmar
munchkinphone
Screamingophelia
23september
Tommy QTR
sororityalpha
Sabratha
STK
myshame
ehunterjumper
WhereHateRunsRed
Draw_It_White
Fatheroftwo
TaylorsMom
rocketkween17
Jea
04daviszoe
milkwood
Tuga
fly-with-me
W.A.R.
Jenn
Juicy Jazzy
spidEr
Szabo
Lizpuff
sscc
Littlelo
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

The small questions thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 12:08 am

That is interesting that you say that because Eric’s trenchcoat was found outside.

scrat dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82732
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 4:28 am

cakeman wrote:
I'm not sure when Eric removed the coat. It's usually said it was after the first shots at Rachel and Richard, and its location probably suggests that, but Patti seems very sure whoever shot her wore a trench coat (and a hat which she thought was a beret) and Brian Anderson said Eric shot him.

In her statement she says it was either a beret or a stalking hat. I believe a balaclava, which is like a stalking hat, and gloves were found near Eric's trench coat outside. I don't want to link to other people's Tumblr or Pinterest but if you do a Google search for "Eric Harris trench coat on ground" you'll see the pic that shows the coat, the gloves, and what appears to be a dark green balaclava on between them.
Moreover, if I remember correctly, I think one of the lists either Eric or Dylan made of things they needed for the attack included a balaclava.

[Edited to add: did a quick scan and there's no mention of a balaclava in the lists I saw, not sure why I thought it. But did have to laugh (not the right word but hopefully you know what I mean) at one of Dylan's drawings of the outfit he was to wear. Alongside his shirt he wrote "newly washed- no cat hair" (pg. 26346). He's planning on murdering people and he's focused on making sure there's no cat hair on his outfit.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80472
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 6:21 am

Yeah he was still outside when he shot Patti and Brian though.

And yes I know about the green balaclava, but supposedly Eric didn't use it, and would have to be wearing it above the eyes like a hat or something to meet the description.

On NBK.doc, the one with "it'll be like duke and doom all mixed together" etc, he says they will wear balaclavas at the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 1:20 pm

thelmar wrote:
cakeman wrote:
I'm not sure when Eric removed the coat. It's usually said it was after the first shots at Rachel and Richard, and its location probably suggests that, but Patti seems very sure whoever shot her wore a trench coat (and a hat which she thought was a beret) and Brian Anderson said Eric shot him.

In her statement she says it was either a beret or a stalking hat. I believe a balaclava, which is like a stalking hat, and gloves were found near Eric's trench coat outside. I don't want to link to other people's Tumblr or Pinterest but if you do a Google search for "Eric Harris trench coat on ground" you'll see the pic that shows the coat, the gloves, and what appears to be a dark green balaclava on between them.
Moreover, if I remember correctly, I think one of the lists either Eric or Dylan made of things they needed for the attack included a balaclava.

[Edited to add: did a quick scan and there's no mention of a balaclava in the lists I saw, not sure why I thought it. But did have to laugh (not the right word but hopefully you know what I mean) at one of Dylan's drawings of the outfit he was to wear. Alongside his shirt he wrote "newly washed- no cat hair" (pg. 26346). He's planning on murdering people and he's focused on making sure there's no cat hair on his outfit.

Yea, that's Dylan for you I guess... I thought the "zero man" outfit where he talks about the cat hair was his Halloween costume idea. However, I am not sure why I think that, you get so much information at once sometimes while researching.

I noticed Eric's lists were all about supplies and Dylan's were "buy new pants" "get punk gloves!"

Which lends me to my theory that Eric was picturing himself in a video game and Dylan was picturing himself in a movie and when they actually started killing people they realized it was neither, it was very real and I think it may have started to freak them out.

joebox97

Contribution Points : 69050
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 2:23 pm

The balaclava doesn't make sense to me, if they hide their identities wouldn't that somewhat defeat the purpose of shooting up their school? Knowing Eric's journal and the stuff he says in the basement tapes it seems he wanted to be "known" for the one starting the "revolution" as he called it and being apart of this event.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 1:28 am

Were there ever any bomb threats at the school junior or senior year that we heard about?

joebox97

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 8:44 pm

Whenever I read about the events of columbine, I always read things like students getting injured by shrapnel, splinters, etc. How do you get injured from splinters like evan todd?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 9:05 pm

joebox97 wrote:
How do you get injured from splinters like evan todd?

When Eric shot the table, the force of the bullet probably busted part of the table and caused splinters to fly out everywhere.

joebox97

joebox97

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 9:50 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
joebox97 wrote:

When Eric shot the table, the force of the bullet probably busted part of the table and caused splinters to fly out everywhere.

Yea but even that I don't see causing much damage to you, maybe a paper cut? I mean I've had wood from a chainsaw shoot at me before at high speed and didn't really do much, I just find it odd, they would even mention something that little in the reports
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 11:39 pm

joebox97 wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
joebox97 wrote:

Yea but even that I don't see causing much damage to you, maybe a paper cut? I mean I've had wood from a chainsaw shoot at me before at high speed and didn't really do much, I just find it odd, they would even mention something that little in the reports

If you read Todd's account, he was the one who brought up his injuries, repeatedly, to the officer. The officer was just recording what he was being told. The physical injuries do appear to have been minor.

pg. 169 "Evan Todd stated that his left eye, along with his back, was injured at the time the shotgun rounds were fired in the manner indicated above. According to Evan Todd his father photographed the injury to his eye, as well as his back"

pg. 169 "Evan Todd again told IO he believed his eyes, along with his back, had been injured from "wood splinters" that struck him as a result of the shotgun rounds being fired in his direction. Evan Todd pointed out his father had photographed both injuries."

Later in the report the officer asked if Todd had received treatment for his injuries; Todd told him he was treated at a clinic and released the same day.
pg. 177 "During that discussion, Evan Todd again identified his injuries as abrasions to the left eyelid and also to the left side of his back. Evan Todd indicated he was bleeding from both of those injuries. IO was able to observe what appeared to be a small injury in the process of healing on the left eyelid of Evan Todd. Evan Todd then displayed to IO the injury to his back. Again, IO observed what appeared to be a injury which was healing and had actually scabbed. The main injury appeared to be approximately 1/2 inch long, while there were smaller, similar type injuries surrounding the same area."
Todd also showed the officer the shirt he was wearing at the time and the officer noted "small holes, with a small amount of blood."

For time frame, the interview was done about 2 weeks after the attack, on 5/5/99.
Back to top Go down
joebox97

joebox97

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 2:30 pm

Did eric & dylan ever take pictures of them posing together as friends? I don't recall ever seeing any
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 2:50 pm

joebox97 wrote:
Did eric & dylan ever take pictures of them posing together as friends? I don't recall ever seeing any

Nothing’s ever been released. The closest we have are screenshots from the student films and stuff.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 3:40 pm

joebox97 wrote:

I doubt it, this was the age before selfies and cell phones with cameras became ubiquitous in society. Lugging around a camera back then to take pictures of yourself and friends when it's not a special occasion would be seen as almost odd.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 3:59 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
joebox97 wrote:

I doubt it, this was the age before selfies and cell phones with cameras became ubiquitous in society. Lugging around a camera back then to take pictures of yourself and friends when it's not a special occasion would be seen as almost odd.

The only occasion may have been a group photo at a bday party or the after prom party.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 5:32 pm

Hi everyone , I feel like I’ve asked this already but I’m trying to find the answer and I can’t.

I remember watching Amanda’s video and she had said the library survivors all received stuffed bears.

Did the seniors receive something different too? Also Why am I thinking the senior library survivors received a different bear? . Because there was a post about Jeanna park auctioning off her bear and she said there’s only a few in existence

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 4:51 pm

Apologies if this has been discussed ad nauseum before, but I couldn't find it.

I hear a lot of people claim that NBK was originally planned for Monday, April 19, but they had to postpone until the 20th because Mark Manes forgot to buy Eric the bullets he wanted and didn't pick them up at KMart until Monday night.

I don't believe this for a few reasons:
On one of the Basement Tapes, done some time in late March or early April, Eric comments that they can't decide whether to do it "before or after prom". Prom was April 17th.
So, just a few weeks before the attack, they still hadn't decided on a day.

Second, pg. 25994, in Dylan's (I think, sometimes when he writes small I confuse his handwriting with Eric's) planner. Written on the week of May 9th-
on the 13th he writes: Death (Afraid?)
on the 14th is a list of 11 things he still needs to do including "get duffel bags", "finish fuses", "finish crickets", etc. Above this list and pointing down to it he wrote-  20th   11:10

I don't know when this was written, because obviously by May 1999 both were dead.
But it indicates that that well before they even bought the duffel bags they'd use, they had decided on the 20th as the date.

Third, I can't find the page number right now but somewhere (I think his journal), several weeks before the attack Eric wrote that they had about 600 rounds of ammunition. Manes only bought them like 100 extra rounds. Seems like a waste to postpone for that amount.

Where did this Manes rumor pop up and does anyone have any info that might change my opinion as to it's validity?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 4:51 pm

thelmar wrote:

I hear a lot of people claim that NBK was originally planned for Monday, April 19, but they had to postpone until the 20th because Mark Manes forgot to buy Eric the bullets he wanted and didn't pick them up at KMart until Monday night.

On one of the Basement Tapes, done some time in late March or early April, Eric comments that they can't decide whether to do it "before or after prom". Prom was April 17th.

Second, pg. 25994, in Dylan's (I think, sometimes when he writes small I confuse his handwriting with Eric's) planner. Written on the week of May 9th-
on the 14th is a list of 11 things he still needs to do including "get duffel bags", "finish fuses", "finish crickets", etc. Above this list and pointing down to it he wrote-  20th   11:10

I don't know when this was written, because obviously by May 1999 both were dead.
But it indicates that that well before they even bought the duffel bags they'd use, they had decided on the 20th as the date.

Third, I can't find the page number right now but somewhere (I think his journal), several weeks before the attack Eric wrote that they had about 600 rounds of ammunition. Manes only bought them like 100 extra rounds. Seems like a waste to postpone for that amount.

Where did this Manes rumor pop up and does anyone have any info that might change my opinion as to it's validity?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do you have any ideas? The rumor has been going on for so long, I'm not entirely sure.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 10:40 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
thelmar wrote:

Do you have any ideas? The rumor has been going on for so long, I'm not entirely sure.

Something popped into my head just now. It was always meant to be Tuesday or at the very least it was meant to be Tuesday for A while before because that Monday (19th) Dylan wrote his 26 1/2 hours to go note in calculus

1. One day, one is the beginning, [?] the end. Hahaha. Reversed, yet true. About 26.5 hours from now the judgment will begin. Difficult, but not impossible, necessary, nerve-wracking & fun.
What fun is life without a little death?
It’s interesting, when I’m in my human form, knowing I’m going to die. Everything has a touch of triviality to it. Like how none of this calculus shit matters. The way it shouldn’t. the truth. In 26.4 hours, I’ll be dead, & in happiness. The little zombie human fags will know their errors, & be forever suffering and mournful. HAHAHAH, of course I will miss things. Not really.

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 3:56 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

Something popped into my head just now. It was always meant to be Tuesday or at the very least it was meant to be Tuesday for A while before because that  Monday (19th)  Dylan wrote his 26 1/2 hours to go note in calculus

1. One day, one is the beginning, [?] the end. Hahaha. Reversed, yet true. About 26.5 hours from now the judgment will begin. Difficult, but not impossible, necessary, nerve-wracking & fun.
What fun is life without a little death?
It’s interesting, when I’m in my human form, knowing I’m going to die. Everything has a touch of triviality to it. Like how none of this calculus shit matters. The way it shouldn’t. the truth. In 26.4 hours, I’ll be dead, & in happiness. The little zombie human fags will know their errors, & be forever suffering and mournful. HAHAHAH, of course I will miss things. Not really.

Good catch. Another bit of evidence in favor of the Manes rumor being false.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124034
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 1:49 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
thelmar wrote:

There are some references from Investigators that the date was supposed to be on April 19

some more info here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 1:57 am

sororityalpha wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
thelmar wrote:

There are some references from Investigators that the date was supposed to be on April 19

thank you!!

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 1:59 am

cheers all good no problem Smile
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 2:20 am

I know there are a few "scenes" not listed in the basement tapes transcripts (I believe the whole Jewish thing isn't and when Dylan almost shoots Eric in the head are not covered in the transcripts) but what is the story behind Dylan spilling soda on the carpet and Eric freaking out?

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 2:25 pm

sororityalpha wrote:

Thanks!

One other thing I find interesting about that article, which was written one year after the attack, is that Kate Battan said Dylan was NOT a follower. "In their goodbye videotapes, Klebold appears to be much more malicious, full of hate and rage at virtually everyone. Harris sometimes appears to be kind, especially when he talks about his "terrific" mother and worrying about how his parents will cope after he's dead."
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 3:03 pm

thelmar wrote:
sororityalpha wrote:

Thanks!

One other thing I find interesting about that article, which was written one year after the attack, is that Kate Battan said Dylan was NOT a follower. "In their goodbye videotapes, Klebold appears to be much more malicious, full of hate and rage at virtually everyone. Harris sometimes appears to be kind, especially when he talks about his "terrific" mother and worrying about how his parents will cope after he's dead."

Sue mentions that too but then kind of justifies it by saying he was doing it for Eric. They needed to pump eachother up. Eric was the one encouraging it.

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 5:03 pm

1) They lean back in their recliners, Eric cradling a shotgun and Dylan playing with a toothpick. When they knock over a pop can they worry that they have made a mess.

2) “Holy shit, that’s scary.” Eric, as Dylan points a gun at the camera and smiles.

3) And the Jewish exchange between Eric/Dylan was revealed by Judy & Sue.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 12:28 pm

What's the breakdown for the number of bombs? I've read 99 bombs several times, and that even if the larger bombs (car, cafeteria, etc) had multiple components, they counted it as one, but I don't recall a clear number on the pipe bombs and crickets. I think 76 or something is one number I've seen before, but I guess that would be both pipe bombs and crickets? Sorority seems like the person to know. Doubt the answer will shift my view of the massacre or anything, but I'd appreciate knowing.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 3:04 pm

cakeman wrote:
What's the breakdown for the number of bombs? I've read 99 bombs several times, and that even if the larger bombs (car, cafeteria, etc) had multiple components, they counted it as one, but I don't recall a clear number on the pipe bombs and crickets. I think 76 or something is one number I've seen before, but I guess that would be both pipe bombs and crickets?  Sorority seems like the person to know. Doubt the answer will shift my view of the massacre or anything, but I'd appreciate knowing.

Sororityalpha would definitely be the one with the answer. I think either they have a photographic memory, Was secretly one of the investigators on the case or has impeccable notes

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 9:40 pm

Columbine Master Archive - Additional Investigative Files - Bomb, Explosive Overview
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 3:19 pm

Thanks sorority. Impressive work. A lot to take in for an idiot like me.

Also - I've certainly seen "super crickets" several times, but I never thought to ask what was "super" about them

It looks like books will say there were 6 pipe bombs in Dylan's room and 2 in Eric's, but actually it was 2 pipe bombs in Dylan's room (Vengeance and Atlanta, makes sense) and the 4 in Dylans and 2 in Erics remaining are crickets. Makes sense for Eric to take them all.

Here's the summary
"In all, it was determined that there were approximately 89 I.E.D.S manufactured by the two suspects. These devices were as follows:

21 pipe bombs recovered and rendered safe. 14 pipe bombs functioned as designed in or around the school.

37 CO2 cartridge bombs collected and rendered safe. 8 C02 cartridge bombs functioned as designed in or around the school.

7 incendiary devices collected and rendered safe. 2 incendiary devices functioned as designed. "

So the additional 10 to get 99 must be 10 propane tanks as follows: 2 diversions. 2 car bombs each with 2 propane tanks. The infamous 2 by the cafeteria tables, and 2 in the cafeteria's kitchen.

Also, lots of dud crickets. Also I thought it was interesting there was a single pipe bomb on the roof - that's usually mentioned as if there were several.

Also note "2 incendiary devices functioned as designed. ", so I guess the only Molotovs which functioned were 1) the one you can see Klebold throw on video and 2) the one he set on the table before shooting himself
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 2:46 am

Is there a diagram of who was at what table in the library?

In the HD video of the school after the massacre I noticed table 5 was pretty destroyed.

I was wondering where John was sitting compared to others too.

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 4:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Mark Kintgen
Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Lisa Kreutz, Diwata Perez, Lauren Townsend, Jeanna Park, Val Schnurr
Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Patti Blair, Heather Jacobson
Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Kelly Fleming
Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Nicole Nowlen, John Tomlin
Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Aaron Welsh
Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Brittany Bollerud, Josh Lapp
Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Daniel Mauser
Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sara Huoy, Seth Huoy, Crystal Woodman
Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] John Savage
Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Lindsay Elmore, Rebecca Parker
Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Jessica Holliday, Amber Huntington, Athena Lagos
Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Peter Ball, Jennifer Doyle, Austin Eubanks, Corey DePooter
Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Makai Hall, Dan Steepleton, Patrick Ireland, Kathy Park
Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Matt Kechter, Isaiah Shoels, Craig Scott
Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Heidi Johnson
Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Cassie Bernall, Emily Wyant
Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Aaron Cohn, Byron Kirkland, Andrew Fair, Bree Pasquale, Steven Greenwood, Stephanie Salmon
PN= Patti Nielsen
SC= Steven Curnow
KR= Kacey Ruegsegger
AS= Amanda Stair
ET= Evan Todd
RB= Ryan Barrett
BA= Brian Anderson
JM= Jennifer Matthews
PD= Peggy Dodd
KV= Kyle Velasquez
CW= Carole Weld
LK= Lois Kean

I may be missing some people, if so please let me know. Also, Patti Nielsen started out behind the counter near Evan Todd and hid in the cabinet after a bit. And I wasn't exactly sure where Carole Weld and Lois Kean were- the larger area next to the small room I put them in is labeled RNN and they were in the RNN sound booth, so I assumed that this was the smaller area adjacent.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 5:03 am

good job at posting the info [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
icanmakeuhappy

Contribution Points : 52850
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 3:10 pm

Was Brooks' house attacked on one of the Rebel Missions?
Back to top Go down
Szabo

Contribution Points : 67663
Forum Reputation : 35

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 3:46 pm

Quote :
In the HD video of the school after the massacre I noticed table 5 was pretty destroyed.

Only Nicole Nowlen was sat at table 5 prior to the shooting before moving to table 6 where John Tomlin was

One thing that always amazes me is how small the tables looked in that video. It's astonishing really all five girls at table 2 could fit under one.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 4:20 am

What happened with their sunglasses, and Eric's hat?

The sunglasses just seem part of the whole persona they wanted to convey. They wear them in Hitmen for Hire, want to look like Mickey in NBK, etc.  Then they don't wear them during the massacre. A little odd. Ok, maybe they just decided they could see better or whatever. Then again, Eric at Texaco has the sunglasses. Were they on that day up until the bombs were planted? I don't remember them being in their cars, but maybe they were. Curious if we know when and where they took them off, and rather that was planned or not.

And a bit weird Eric doesn't have a hat on, at least not on the cafeteria cctv or the suicide pictures, or in Brooks description of their talk outside. So much matching between them even before the massacre, then on the day he doesn't wear the hat.

Could well be nothing but they wanted to see or the hat got in Eric's way but not Dylan's, but I bet someone out there has an interesting theory tying this together.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96149
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 2:00 pm

cakeman wrote:
What happened with their sunglasses, and Eric's hat?

The sunglasses just seem part of the whole persona they wanted to convey. They wear them in Hitmen for Hire, want to look like Mickey in NBK, etc.  Then they don't wear them during the massacre. A little odd. Ok, maybe they just decided they could see better or whatever. Then again, Eric at Texaco has the sunglasses. Were they on that day up until the bombs were planted? I don't remember them being in their cars, but maybe they were. Curious if we know when and where they took them off, and rather that was planned or not.

And a bit weird Eric doesn't have a hat on, at least not on the cafeteria cctv or the suicide pictures, or in Brooks description of their talk outside. So much matching between them even before the massacre, then on the day he doesn't wear the hat.

Could well be nothing but they wanted to see or the hat got in Eric's way but not Dylan's, but I bet someone out there has an interesting theory tying this together.

After Dylan died one of his friends got his sunglasses. I don't know where Eric's went to but at one point or another Eric considered wearing a balaclava. That would not be something he would have worn a hat and glasses with. In the end he did not wear it and discarded it outside, but I do wonder if him toying with that idea made him leave the hat and glasses behind

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Nate took a pair of Dylan’s sunglasses before he left town. I don’t think he was allowed to graduate because I’m pretty sure in an interview he said he left and then he came back when Kristi graduated and I think they were both seniors. That leads me to believe he was one of the ones that we weren’t allowed to graduate. I don’t know if Zack was allowed to..

I sometimes wonder if Devon got anything.

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 9:50 pm

Thanks, but I did know Nate took Dylan's glasses. In fact I do not live far from Nate, though I would never bother him despite the temptation.  I also know about the balaclava. I don't see why it rules out using the hat and sunglasses.

Also, I wouldn't state with confidence that Eric never wore the balaclava. I err on the side that he didn't, but I wouldn't bet much. He took one with him, and that can hardly be brushed aside. He also said he would wear one (though he also said they'd go room to room killing people - maybe the doors were just locked). Strangest of all, Patti Nielson seems to have been shot by Eric. Brian Anderson said Eric shot him. Patti said whoever shot her had something on his head, and it does not sound like Dylan's baseball cap. She said it was like a beret, presumably not flush against the head but sticking up above it. We don't have an image of Dylan's trenchcoat on the library floor to see if there's a balaclava, do we?

Regardless, while it's interesting what happened to Eric and Dylan's stuff after the massacre, I'm curious here about before and during. If they mirrored each other with so much before the massacre including the hats, and mirrored each other even more during, why didn't Eric bring his hat? Did he not want KMFDM blamed? etc.

Same question for the sunglasses, and since Eric has them on in Texaco, and it would make a certain amount of sense for them to wear them while planting the bombs hoping to be inconspicuous, and they seemed to think they looked cool, why not during the massacre? Even if it's  a simple reason like needing to see, when did they take them off? If they were left at home, does that mean they returned home? etc
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91917
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 1:17 am

Did Eric and Dylan have any major arguments/fights during their friendship together?

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 1:29 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
Did Eric and Dylan have any major arguments/fights during their friendship together?

We only know of one, there was an interview with one of their bosses and there was a week where they didn't speak at all.

We know, according to some friends, that Dylan did get irritated with Eric but we don't know if he ever spoke to him about it.

Here is a great thread with a lot of information.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 2:01 am

While I was looking for the thread that I posted above I came across a comment saying that Sue mentions the rape theory in her book... I don't remember Sue ever mentioning the rape theory in the book or any interview....

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96149
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 1:57 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
While I was looking for the thread that I posted above I came across a comment saying that Sue mentions the rape theory in her book... I don't remember Sue ever mentioning the rape theory in the book or any interview....

I think that comment was mistaken. Sue did talk about Eric writing about rape, and about a girl named Cindy and her experience with rape, but she never mentions the theory of the walshbuttrape. (If that is what you were talking about)

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I think that comment was mistaken.  Sue did talk about Eric writing about rape, and about a girl named Cindy and her experience with rape, but she never mentions the theory of the walshbuttrape.  (If that is what you were talking about)

Yes, that’s exactly what I was talking about. I bet the person was mistaken.

Contribution Points : 56701
Forum Reputation : 270

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 5:06 pm

Sorry if this has been covered before but did either boy shoot anyone they actually knew personally. I know there were a few cases where they knew people and didn't actually shoot, and in John Savage's case actually let him go so I was wondering whether they found it too difficult to actively kill an acquaintance (as opposed to killing them in the plan explosions).
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 5:15 pm

Pixie13 wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered before but did either boy shoot anyone they actually knew personally. I know there were a few cases where they knew people and didn't actually shoot, and in John Savage's case actually let him go so I was wondering whether they found it too difficult to actively kill an acquaintance (as opposed to killing them in the plan explosions).

Val, According to a few people spoke to Dylan a few times in class however, I think in the 11k she said she didn’t know Dylan. I could be misremembering. They did have a few classes together though.

Mikai (sp) hall knew Dylan and I think mentioned liking him. I don’t think they were friends but I’m pretty sure he mentioned something about him thinking he was a nice guy.

Dylan knew Rachel from theater. He at the very least knew she was friends with Devon and Brooks.

I don’t know if the knew Lauren or Isaiah.

I just sometimes wonder if Dylan knew Lisa. Robyn knew her well enough to try to get rolls of film from her. And I guess Robyn was blocked from speaking to Lisa after the shooting.

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 71169
Forum Reputation : 486

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 11:27 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I think it was probably said in a joking way. Dylan had no issues scarfing food down from all the reports from family and friends. Hell on Prom night the amount he reportedly consumed would have fed 3. Smile

I agree that by prom he was stick thin.

It may have been that he looked bulky in his trench coat and he wanted to look "cool"

From all accounts he didn't take his trench coat off for a while, Eric did right away.

Kind of darkly funny that Eric was all about tactical stuff and Dylan was like "we need gloves and a good pair of pants...."

Also I was mildly surprised that he didn't have his hair pulled back in a NBK's type ponytail too.

Yea, he looked especially..

never mind. He may have wanted to go for the crazy clown look like from HFH.

Where does this "crazy clown" thing come from? I don't think any aspect of Dylan's appearance was clownlike.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 1:06 am

sympathyforEandD wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I think it was probably said in a joking way. Dylan had no issues scarfing food down from all the reports from family and friends. Hell on Prom night the amount he reportedly consumed would have fed 3. Smile

I agree that by prom he was stick thin.

It may have been that he looked bulky in his trench coat and he wanted to look "cool"

From all accounts he didn't take his trench coat off for a while, Eric did right away.

Kind of darkly funny that Eric was all about tactical stuff and Dylan was like "we need gloves and a good pair of pants...."

Also I was mildly surprised that he didn't have his hair pulled back in a NBK's type ponytail too.

Yea, he looked especially..

never mind. He may have wanted to go for the crazy clown look like from HFH.

Where does this "crazy clown" thing come from? I don't think any aspect of Dylan's appearance was clownlike.

I know sue mentioned that his hair was unruly (he had naturally curly hair) and when he put his cap on the hair stuck out all over the place.

It’s kind of like a bald cap with the unruly hair of a clown at the bottom. Think bozo

I think there were mentions in the 11k about Dylan being like a crazy clown. Due to the hair thing again and his behavior

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 1:24 am

Pages 000172-000173

Evan Todd described Dylan Klebold as a white male, approximately 18 years of age, with long dirty blond hair." Evan Todd added in respect to Dylan Klebold's hair, it seemed to be somewhat "curly." As Evan Todd was describing Dylan Klebold's hair, he stated the suspect was wearing a black ball cap with a "Boston" logo. Evan Todd indicated the ball cap was worn backwards. After making that statement, Evan Todd noted it was his impression upon seeing Dylan Klebold, the forenamed "looked like a clown." When asked to elaborate, Evan Todd stated what he meant was Dylan Klebold's ball cap seemed to be somewhat tight around the top of his head and then the hair on the sides stuck out, similar to a way a clown might look. Evan Todd stated Dylan Klebold's t-shirt was black and had "red and white writing on it." Evan Todd stated it was his belief Dylan Klebold wore some type of "crossing straps" over the t-shirt, which held "shotgun shells." In respect to Dylan Klebold's pants, Evan Todd stated they were "black Army style, with cargo pockets." Evan Todd also recalled Dylan Klebold wore a "holster" on his left side and had on "black boots."
Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 71169
Forum Reputation : 486

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 12:28 am

I don't think "crazy clown" was the look Dylan was shooting for. Laughing Poor Dyl.

Why did Dylan's mom shove him and how exactly did he react?

What did girls in general think of Eric when he was alive? Anything juicy in the 11k about this?

mflergen likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The small questions thread
Page 20 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next