Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody

Go down 
+40
QuestionMark
UncontinuedProcess
W.A.R.
VoDKaComeHere
Tommy QTR
imgview
InsaneIntruder
spinvault
arnounymus
Draw_It_White
Jenn
CarelessLoner
sororityalpha
Ainjel
aperiogaming
Dunkelziffer
Prahacity
Okay-Okay
myshame
Watcher73
Jea
DooMRebel
STK
KitanaJillLayne912
KKjHAM
Unknown
MysteryMan
Screamingophelia
katherinex
afrrs
macks_ant86
rebootoX
sscc
iforgotmyoldname2
BlackandWhite
Smiggles94
Oldmare
Trent531
mrhyde
Stoned Slacker
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 122083
Forum Reputation : 1001

Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2018 8:38 pm

Video of Santa Fe School Shooter Dimitros Pagourtzis taken 1 hour before shooting

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Santa Fe High Shooter Appears Before Judge

Back to top Go down

Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2018 9:08 pm

[quote="iforgotmyoldname2"][quote="ShadowedGoddess"]
sscc wrote:

"She was the first one to die," said her mother Sadie Rodriguez. "How could he do something like that?" she asked. There is no answer to her question.

Rodriguez said Dimitri Pagourtzis had pursued her daughter for several months, but Shayna rejected his advances.

"He had dated her friend before and then turned to her. She wanted nothing to do with him," she said, but the unwanted attention continued.

Sadie Baze says she keeps expecting her daughter to walk into the house, but Shana Fisher was killed Friday, one of 10 people gunned down at her high school.
"She's never going to walk through the front door again," Baze said.

Baze told CNN that the alleged shooter, Dimitrios Pagourtzis, had been making advances toward Shana, who just turned 16, for the past four months, asking her to date him.
A week ago, during class, Shana stood up and told Pagourtzis she wouldn't go out with him, the mother said.

Baze said Pagourtzis previously dated Fisher's best friend and she had told her daughter "you don't date your friend's exes."

One of Pagourtzis’ classmates who died in the attack, Shana Fisher, “had 4 months of problems from this boy,” her mother, Sadie Rodriguez, wrote in a private message to the Los Angeles Times on Facebook. "He kept making advances on her and she repeatedly told him no.”

Pagourtzis continued to get more aggressive, and she finally stood up to him and embarrassed him in class, Rodriguez said. “A week later he opens fire on everyone he didn't like,” she wrote. “Shana being the first one.” Rodriguez didn’t say how she knew her daughter was the first victim.

Also from the last article, more Columbine imitation:

The gunman repeatedly taunted students during the attack, according to another harrowing account posted to Facebook by one survivor’s mother.

After scrambling to escape the shooter’s blasts in the art room, Isabelle Van Ness, covered in dust from rounds hitting her classroom walls, could hear the shooter in a next-door classroom yelling, “Woo hoo!” while shooting, according to her mother, Deedra Van Ness.

“The gunman then comes back into their room and they hear him saying … are you dead? Then more shots are fired,” Deedra Van Ness wrote. “By this time, cell phones all over the classroom are ringing and he’s taunting the kids in the closet asking them … do you think it’s for you? do you want to come answer it? Then he proceeds to fire more bullets into the closet and tries to get in.”

"Also from the last article, more Columbine imitation:"
Well, I wouldn't consider taunts to be a trademark of columbine.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82861
Forum Reputation : 548

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2018 9:22 pm

Population Control wrote:
He wasn't just taunting, he was screaming "Woo!" or "Woo hoo!" as he shot people which is exactly what Eric and/or Dylan are doing in one of the only parts of the 911 call that we can clearly hear. I also think that some of the other phrases that I've read in articles vaguely resemble what we know about what Eric and Dylan said in the library but until there is confirmation of exactly what he said, I won't go into it.

Aside from that, I do think that taunts are kind of a trademark of what happened in the Columbine library. It's the not only shooting where victims were taunted but it's definitely a big part of what happened at Columbine. They treated it like a game, making jokes and laughing as they were killing and based on what I read, that sounds like what Dimitri did on Friday. I could be wrong. Maybe he was in more of a rage than it sounds but if he was making jokes as he killed people, I don't think that it's terribly common.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2018 9:37 pm

sscc wrote:
He wasn't just taunting, he was screaming "Woo!" or "Woo hoo!" as he shot people which is exactly what Eric and/or Dylan are doing in one of the only parts of the 911 call that we can clearly hear. I also think that some of the other phrases that I've read in articles vaguely resemble what we know about what Eric and Dylan said in the library but until there is confirmation of exactly what he said, I won't go into it.

Aside from that, I do think that taunts are kind of a trademark of what happened in the Columbine library. It's the not only shooting where victims were taunted but it's definitely a big part of what happened at Columbine. They treated it like a game, making jokes and laughing as they were killing and based on what I read, that sounds like what Dimitri did on Friday. I could be wrong. Maybe he was in more of a rage than it sounds but if he was making jokes as he killed people, I don't think that it's terribly common.

I think yes, taunts were in columbine, but they are not a trademark of columbine, a lot of killers enjoy yelling and smiling, its not very exclusive to columbine. I also think that if these murders had more time, they would taunt more often, but the reason we don't see as many is because they are focused on murder death kill.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2018 9:59 pm

sscc wrote:

I think yes, taunts were in columbine, but they are not a trademark of columbine, a lot of killers enjoy yelling and smiling, its not very exclusive to columbine. I also think that if these murders had more time, they would taunt more often, but the reason we don't see as many is because they are focused on murder death kill.
Can you name some other famous examples where taunting, whooping or laughing at victims was a major part of the attack? This is not something that I know much about.

I know that based on one account, Adam Lanza was cursing, ordering people around and you might call some of what he said taunting but the only accounts of his emotional state are that he was neutral or angry, not laughing or smiling.

I know that Chris Harper-Mercer and Jeff Weise interacted with their victims but I don't think there was any joking or laughing.

I don't know about during his attack, but Tim Kretschmer was supposedly calm, carefree and talking about "having fun" killing people as he attempted to escape. Still, this doesn't come close to what happened at Columbine. Maybe you, or someone else with more knowledge than I have, can chime in with other examples.

It's possible that Dimitri didn't behave as I am imagining that he did but his behavior still sounds more Columbine inspired than anything else. Someone even said that he was "looking at the bodies" and "cheering himself on," which reminds me of when Eric and Dylan were inspecting their injured and dying victims while making jokes and comments to each other about what they were seeing.

I also think that your other point may be true in terms of verbal taunts, that modern shooters are usually focused on body count instead of playing cruel games with their victims, but that would mean that Dimitri's behavior is unusual. I'm not certain how much time he had but it sounds to me like he knew what effect he was going for as soon as he walked in and started shooting.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85628
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2018 11:34 pm

MysteryMan wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Dunkelziffer wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:
I wonder, did he lurk here or even had an account?

With the Nazi and communist imagery and the trenchcoat it's very likely Pagourtzis lurked here or had an account.

Just because Randy and William had accounts here does not mean that every school shooter afterwards has an account here.

True. But it's not a stretch to say that some have possibly lurked the forum.

I know, it's just getting a bit aggravating seeing these posts pop up after every shooting, you know?
I have to remind you that this forum isn't about funny pets but school shooters, mass schooters and all kind of those type of freaks. So if you have a columbine copycat like this one, the question which was asked by me isn't stupid. Here we have a specific community which may attract future perpetrators and as it was mentioned above some of users went on rampage in the past.
Mate we've only had 2 people here that shot up schools, just because this forum talks about mass shootings doesn't automatically mean all the future mass shooters are gonna sign up. They might even think that maybe the FBI watches the forum or that it was even made by the FBI or something. I wish people would stop instantly thinking "they had an account here!" every time there's a school shooting.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 12:55 am

iforgotmyoldname2 wrote:
That's too bad. Would be great to just shoot him point blank.

>mass murderer was suicidal
>"let's execute him obviously"

This will never stop sounding retarded to me. 

sscc wrote:
The teenager who allegedly opened fire in a Texas high school and killed 10 people studied previous mass shootings before carrying out the attack, sources told ABC News.
Dimitrios Pagourtzis, 17, researched tactics used by other mass shooters, the sources said.
“He studied previous mass shootings and used aspects of those [attacks] in his own shooting,” a source told ABC News.
Pagourtzis fatally shot 10 students and educators and injured 13 others early Friday in the classrooms and hallways of Sante Fe High School, according to authorities.
Investigators have also determined that they don't expect to charge anyone else besides the alleged shooter, sources said.
The sources told ABC News that they have questioned two "persons of interest" in the aftermath of the bloodshed but so far no other charges have been brought.

Took the media quite a bit to catch on to that one.

InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 2:35 am

QuestionMark wrote:
iforgotmyoldname2 wrote:
That's too bad. Would be great to just shoot him point blank.

>mass murderer was suicidal
>"let's execute him obviously"

This will never stop sounding retarded to me. 
Yeah, let's kill suicidal people to stop them from committing suicide. 2/2, totally works.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 3:34 am

sscc wrote:
Some have raised questions about Rodriguez’s claims, Los Angeles Times reporter Matt Pearce acknowledged on Twitter Sunday afternoon. “Other family friends have raised questions about the reliability of her claims and say they haven’t been able to corroborate her accounts about the shooter’s behavior toward her daughter,” Pearce wrote. The mom was allegedly “largely out of her daughter’s life” and some are questioning “how she would have learned details like that.”

A lot of misinformation will be out there, especially in the first few days/weeks. Sadly it's to be expected with things like this. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 3:46 am

iforgotmyoldname2 wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
sscc wrote:

"She was the first one to die," said her mother Sadie Rodriguez. "How could he do something like that?" she asked. There is no answer to her question.

Rodriguez said Dimitri Pagourtzis had pursued her daughter for several months, but Shayna rejected his advances.

"He had dated her friend before and then turned to her. She wanted nothing to do with him," she said, but the unwanted attention continued.

Sadie Baze says she keeps expecting her daughter to walk into the house, but Shana Fisher was killed Friday, one of 10 people gunned down at her high school.
"She's never going to walk through the front door again," Baze said.

Baze told CNN that the alleged shooter, Dimitrios Pagourtzis, had been making advances toward Shana, who just turned 16, for the past four months, asking her to date him.
A week ago, during class, Shana stood up and told Pagourtzis she wouldn't go out with him, the mother said.

Baze said Pagourtzis previously dated Fisher's best friend and she had told her daughter "you don't date your friend's exes."

One of Pagourtzis’ classmates who died in the attack, Shana Fisher, “had 4 months of problems from this boy,” her mother, Sadie Rodriguez, wrote in a private message to the Los Angeles Times on Facebook. "He kept making advances on her and she repeatedly told him no.”

Pagourtzis continued to get more aggressive, and she finally stood up to him and embarrassed him in class, Rodriguez said. “A week later he opens fire on everyone he didn't like,” she wrote. “Shana being the first one.” Rodriguez didn’t say how she knew her daughter was the first victim.

Also from the last article, more Columbine imitation:

The gunman repeatedly taunted students during the attack, according to another harrowing account posted to Facebook by one survivor’s mother.

After scrambling to escape the shooter’s blasts in the art room, Isabelle Van Ness, covered in dust from rounds hitting her classroom walls, could hear the shooter in a next-door classroom yelling, “Woo hoo!” while shooting, according to her mother, Deedra Van Ness.

“The gunman then comes back into their room and they hear him saying … are you dead? Then more shots are fired,” Deedra Van Ness wrote. “By this time, cell phones all over the classroom are ringing and he’s taunting the kids in the closet asking them … do you think it’s for you? do you want to come answer it? Then he proceeds to fire more bullets into the closet and tries to get in.”

Has anyone found any vids/streams from the kids yet? scratch

I haven't seen anything come up, which is a little shocking but makes sense to me. I wouldn't think of whipping out my phone in a situation like this.

Grabbing my cell to record what was going on wouldn't be my first course of action in that situation either. Then again I am an adult who isn't permanently attached to my cell. BUT during the shooting in Parkland on Valentine's day there was a few streams/videos that the kids took.

So I would bet good money that someone from the Santa Fe school probably has something recorded as well.  Now whether it will be leaked in another matter.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 4:06 am

In-depth interview with someone who claims to have been Dimitri's best friend.
Back to top Go down
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

Contribution Points : 62869
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 4:51 am

mordupen wrote:
DooMRebel wrote:
mordupen wrote:
DooMRebel wrote:
Can someone tell me some info that is known about the shooter and event itself

Have you ever heard of this site called Google?
No

Hahaha, fuck yourself!
Hahahahahah, fuck you, you sarcastic cunt

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 5:04 am

sscc wrote:

In-depth interview with someone who claims to have been Dimitri's best friend.

I'm wondering when details of his plan will come out?
Back to top Go down
Stoned Slacker

Stoned Slacker

Contribution Points : 57954
Forum Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 6:25 am

Video of Dimitri at church [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
CarelessLoner

Contribution Points : 56715

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 6:34 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
It’s not just guns, why are our children getting so angry and disillusioned? Each school shooter seems to come from different backgrounds and have different home lives etc.. Cruz had a girlfriend but a troubled childhood , E and D came from good families but had mental health issues, plus there’s the toxic school environments... but everyone wants to just ban guns
Stop bullying and make a cure for mental health instead of banning guns is probably the best way to deal with this but people are just too busy with the useless Yanny or Laurel debate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 10:38 am

The teen who was hounded and ultimately killed by alleged Texas school shooter Dimitrios Pagourtzis told her parents she was afraid the creep would hurt her — and that if he did, she’d “haunt him forever,” her dad said.

Shana Fisher, 16, had the chilling premonition just two weeks before she was gunned down — along with seven other students and two teachers at Santa Fe High School.

“Shana told her mother two weeks ago he was going to come and kill her,” her dad, Timothy Thomas, told the Daily Mail.

The girl’s mother, Sadie Rodriguez, recounted to multiple outlets how the twisted Pagourtzis, 17, went after her daughter for four months — until Fisher ultimately told him to cut it out in front of their class, a week before his rampage.

“I know he had pestered her to go out with him. She kept telling him no. For one, he supposedly already had a girlfriend. And two, she just didn’t have feelings for the boy,” said Thomas, 41.

“What kind of person thinks the appropriate response is to kill her and a class full of people?”

The high school junior told her parents Pagourtzis was going to try to kill her, the dad said.

“He had told her himself he was going to kill her. He was walking around planning this in his head for weeks,” Thomas said. “Shana said that if he came into the school with a gun and killed her, she would haunt him for the rest of his life.”

Thomas, who split with the teen’s mom and remarried 13 years ago, said he recently reconnected with his daughter and watched her grow into a “beautiful, smart” young woman who dreamed of becoming an artist.

“I believe my daughter has moved from here to heaven, those thoughts are what’s keeping me going,” he said.

The distraught dad wondered how none of Pagourtzis’ teachers saw the shooting coming.

“If they are smart enough to teach our kids, they should be smart enough to see when something is badly wrong with someone,” he said.

Officials have said that unlike with other recent mass killers, no major red flags were raised about Pagourtzis prior to his rampage, though classmates described him as a “weird loner” who “never seemed that right.”

Don't know how true these stories are, as there are SO many out right now that have conflicting info. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
macks_ant86

macks_ant86

Contribution Points : 64671

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 12:01 pm

Is there any way of knowing if he had an account here?

And, why do some seem irritated over this possibility? Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 12:10 pm

macks_ant86 wrote:
Is there any way of knowing if he had an account here?

And, why do some seem irritated over this possibility? Suspect

To my knowledge no account here has been associated with him yet. scratch  BUT if he was just a lurker here then I doubt there is any way to track that down.

The forum owner can likely answer this better. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 12:27 pm

macks_ant86 wrote:
why do some seem irritated over this possibility? Suspect

It's getting asked too many times when the vast majority of mass shooters/school shooters have never posted here.

macks_ant86

macks_ant86

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 12:33 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
macks_ant86 wrote:
why do some seem irritated over this possibility? Suspect

It's getting asked too many times when the vast majority of mass shooters/school shooters have never posted here.

That seemed oddball from you, I don't know anyone who gets irked by that unless they have something to hide. Not suggesting you have. Still, I think it's likely another school shooter will at least lurk here. William, Randy and Adam were no flukes.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 12:46 pm

macks_ant86 wrote:

That seemed oddball from you, I don't know anyone who gets irked by that unless they have something to hide. Not suggesting you have. 

What? It's not just me who's annoyed by it. I might be the most vocal but that doesn't make me the only one. And that second statement is just plain weird.

macks_ant86 wrote:
Still, I think it's likely another school shooter will at least lurk here. William, Randy and Adam were no flukes.  

I agree with you there (my personal bet is either that one incel who got permabanned for saying women should be killed or the resident EGS fan) but I think we should wait for some sort of confirmation first.

macks_ant86

macks_ant86

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 12:57 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
macks_ant86 wrote:

That seemed oddball from you, I don't know anyone who gets irked by that unless they have something to hide. Not suggesting you have. 

What? It's not just me who's annoyed by it. I might be the most vocal but that doesn't make me the only one. And that second statement is just plain weird.

macks_ant86 wrote:
Still, I think it's likely another school shooter will at least lurk here. William, Randy and Adam were no flukes.  

I agree with you there (my personal bet is either that one incel who got permabanned for saying women should be killed or the resident EGS fan) but I think we should wait for some sort of confirmation first.

Ok maybe we should have a poll to see who gets annoyed by people asking if school shooters came here? That should decide it, if a lot do, then I'll concede.

It's always the less obvious ones or blatantly obvious ones. But there's always been a flag in hindsight.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 1:20 pm

macks_ant86 wrote:
Ok maybe we should have a poll to see who gets annoyed by people asking if school shooters came here? That should decide it, if a lot do, then I'll concede. 

That seems a bit excessive to me, and if someone really wants to ask the question "did he have an account here" a poll isn't going to solve anything.

Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118575
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 1:22 pm

I've already looked into this and no, it does not appear as though he had an active account that he made any posts from on the forum. Whether he had an account at some point in time but the account was deleted due to inactivity, I don't know. However, as of right now I don't see any indication that he was connected to any of the active accounts who have made posts on the forum. If I find out that he was, I'll make a thread about it.

I understand why people may think he was a member here because Randy and William were both members here and then went and killed people. Adam Lanza was very active on Danny's forum at one point in time. So I do look into it every time another shooter pops up that was obsessed with Columbine. Chances are though, you'd be more likely to find a hardcore fan like that on Tumblr, not here.

Back to top Go down
macks_ant86

macks_ant86

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 1:30 pm

Jenn wrote:
I've already looked into this and no, it does not appear as though he had an active account that he made any posts from on the forum. Whether he had an account at some point in time but the account was deleted due to inactivity, I don't know. However, as of right now I don't see any indication that he was connected to any of the active accounts who have made posts on the forum. If I find out that he was, I'll make a thread about it.

I understand why people may think he was a member here because Randy and William were both members here and then went and killed people. Adam Lanza was very active on Danny's forum at one point in time. So I do look into it every time another shooter pops up that was obsessed with Columbine. Chances are though, you'd be more likely to find a hardcore fan like that on Tumblr, not here.

Ok thanks Jenn. You've always been very honest and transparent with these things, if you knew I'm sure you'd let us know.

So basically, it's possible he might have been here at some stage and his account got deleted. You'd think with these younger generations that this sort of forum wouldn't interest them like somewhere like tumblr, still there's a lot of in-depth discussion you don't find anywhere else so still worth visiting IMO.
Back to top Go down
macks_ant86

macks_ant86

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 1:33 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
macks_ant86 wrote:

That seems a bit excessive to me, and if someone really wants to ask the question "did he have an account here" a poll isn't going to solve anything.

Haha I knew you'd say that. Don't worry I won't!
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118575
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 1:56 pm

macks_ant86 wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Ok thanks Jenn. You've always been very honest and transparent with these things, if you knew I'm sure you'd let us know.

So basically, it's possible he might have been here at some stage and his account got deleted. You'd think with these younger generations that this sort of forum wouldn't interest them like somewhere like tumblr, still there's a lot of in-depth discussion you don't find anywhere else so still worth visiting IMO.  
Yes, it's possible he made an account and only logged in a few times and then after 28 days of inactivity, the account would be deleted.

I've gone through deleted accounts going back to March of this year and I did come across one user that had an email address similar to his name but the email address was @hotmail.gr (Greece) so I don't think that would be him since he is American.

And yes, if I found out he was a member here, I'd let everyone know.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 5:25 am

Police responding to shots fired inside Santa Fe High School got locked into a 25-minute gun battle with the gunman, and some of the 10 people killed may have been caught in the crossfire, a Texas sheriff said Monday.

The possibility that some of the eight students and two teachers slain were felled by friendly fire came on the heels of a reported confession by Dimitrios Pagourtzis, 17, which was contained in a probable-cause affidavit, that he spared students he liked "so he could have his story told."

Addressing reporters, Galveston County Sheriff Henry Trochesset said that as far as he could tell none of the victims were killed by law enforcement officers, but that he won't know for sure until the autopsies are completed.

"There were minimal shots fired, at least from us, from law enforcement," the sheriff said. "But the individual was still trying to shoot us."

Calling them "heroes," Trochesset said two police officers arrived at the school's art lab about four minutes after the shooting started and began trading shots with the gunman right away. They were then joined by sheriff's deputies, who also traded shots with the gunman and tried to convince him to give up during lulls in the gunfire.

"And it continued until that subject was placed into custody," he said. "We're lucky the body count's not higher. ... He was in the classroom, the officers were in the hallway."

Meanwhile, NBC News has learned that pipe bombs that police say Pagourtzis scattered through the school and across the campus were not the conventional kind, meaning a length of pipe filled with gunpowder with end caps and a fuse.

Instead, the devices found were so-called cricket bombs, made by filling spent carbon dioxide cartridges with gunpowder and adding a fuse.

That kind of device was also planted by the two students who murdered a dozen classmates and a teacher before killing themselves at Columbine High School in 1999, the sources told NBC News.

And like those two Columbine students, Pagourtzis was wearing a trenchcoat when, police say, he went on a killing spree.

So far, police have not come up with a motive. But earlier Monday, Pagourtzis' lawyers pushed back against reports that he had been spurned by one of the female victims.

So a very small chance some victims were killed by police, more evidence he was copy catting Columbine, and his lawyer has pretty much shot down the first real motive that was being kicked around in the media. Things are getting more clusterf*ck-ish. scratch
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 10:40 am

Pagourtzis was armed with his father’s Remington 870 short-barreled shotgun and a .38-caliber Rossi revolver, a law enforcement official told NBC News.

Meanwhile, NBC News has learned that pipe bombs that police say Pagourtzis scattered through the school and across the campus were not the conventional kind, meaning a length of pipe filled with gunpowder with end caps and a fuse.

Instead, the devices found were so-called cricket bombs, made by filling spent carbon dioxide cartridges with gunpowder and adding a fuse.

Lawyers for the teenager accused of killing eight classmates and two teachers at Santa Fe High School in Texas pushed back Monday against reports that he was spurned by one of the female victims.

Contrary to what the mother of Shana Fisher has told the media, Dimitrios Pagourtzis was not pursuing the 16-year-old victim, defense attorney Nicholas Poehl told reporters.

"There's a lot of rumors out there right now," Poehl said after he and co-counsel Robert Barfield visited the 17-year-old suspect in Galveston County Jail. "I will say that my client did not recognize the name Shana Fisher."

Asked about a possible motive, Poehl said they're still no closer to understanding what sparked the deadly mayhem on Friday that stunned the state of Texas. He said his client remains disoriented and is "still in a state."

"I think that there is definitely something going on in terms of mental health history," Poehl said. "I still think he's very confused about the incident."
Poehl also questioned reports by witnesses that Pagourtzis taunted the victims by singing "another one bites the dust" each time police say he shot somebody with either his father's Remington 870 shotgun or a .38-caliber handgun.

"I have no particular knowledge of that at all," the lawyer said.

Antonios Pagourtzis, the father of the shooter, told the Wall Street Journal his son was "a good boy" and had been "mistreated at school." He said his son was bullied and said, "I believe that's what was behind the shooting."

"It's hard to answer what he realizes at this point. Our conversations have been very stuck in the immediacy of the moment," Nicholas Poehly, one of Pagourtzis' attorneys, said. "We're not able to say right now what he comprehends."

For Sheriff Trochesset, the shooting hit close to home: Not only did his wife and children attend Santa Fe High, but his granddaughter was just three doors down from where the gunman opened fire during the first-period art class.

“Her best friend that spent the night at my house, swam in my pool, is dead from a tragedy,” said the sheriff.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 11:00 am

A 17-year-old student accused of fatally shooting 10 people at a Texas high school should be seen as a “victim” because he may have recently been bullied, causing him to lash out, his father said.

In a phone interview over the weekend with Greece’s Antenna TV, Antonios Pagourtzis said he wished he could have stopped the killing Friday at Santa Fe High School. His voice cracked as he described how he told police to let him inside the school so his son, Dimitrios Pagourtzis, could kill him instead. He said he suspects his son was under pressure, perhaps due to bullying.

“Something must have happened now, this last week,” he told the station. “Somebody probably came and hurt him, and since he was a solid boy, I don’t know what could have happened. I can’t say what happened. All I can say is what I suspect as a father.”

The suspect’s attorney, Nicholas Poehl, has said he is investigating whether his client endured any “teacher-on-student” bullying after reading reports of the teen being mistreated by football coaches. The school district issued a statement saying it investigated the accusations and “confirmed that these reports were untrue.”

The elder Pagourtzis said his son took a legally owned shotgun and handgun from his closet before leaving for school that day. The teen didn’t own firearms of his own, he said.
“My son, to me, is not a criminal, he’s a victim,” he said. “The kid didn’t own guns, I owned guns.”

Dimitrios Pagourtzis is being held in the Galveston County jail on capital murder charges. Authorities say eight students and two teachers were killed in the attack, and 13 others wounded.

Antonios Pagourtzis said his son never displayed any signs that he would be capable of such violence, explaining that he didn’t fight with others, didn’t drink alcohol and seemed to enjoy healthy pursuits such as working out.

“He pulled the trigger but he is not this person,” he said. “It is like we see in the movies when someone gets into his body and does things that are not done. It’s not possible in one day for the child to have changed so much.”

He said that after the teen had been taken into custody, he and his wife were allowed to visit him for 15-20 minutes.

“I saw the child. I didn’t see a child who is a murderer. A pure child, a child who was ashamed to look me in the face,” his father said. “He was thinking of his sisters, how his sisters will be able to get about. He said he loves me, he told his mother he loves her and he will try to be strong to help us cope.”

He said his son had told him he had acted on his own, and had spared “the kids who were the good kids so they can tell his story.”

After the slightly odd statement released by the family, where they took time to mention being pleased that fellow students had made statements saying that their son was smart and sweet, and now this interview, I'm thinking that there is something strange about this family. Maybe it's just shock but they seem unusually indifferent to the deaths that their son caused. The father doesn't even seem to have any substantial knowledge that Dimitri was actually bullied but he's calling him a victim anyway, days after he stole his father's guns and murdered ten people.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:02 pm

sscc wrote:
After the slightly odd statement released by the family, where they took time to mention being pleased that fellow students had made statements saying that their son was smart and sweet, and now this interview, I'm thinking that there is something strange about this family. Maybe it's just shock but they seem unusually indifferent to the deaths that their son caused. The father doesn't even seem to have any substantial knowledge that Dimitri was actually bullied but he's calling him a victim anyway, days after he stole his father's guns and murdered ten people.

Might be trying to keep their son from talking shit about them. I read in some previous articles that Dimitri didn't like his father.

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:23 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
sscc wrote:

Might be trying to keep their son from talking shit about them. I read in some previous articles that Dimitri didn't like his father.

I have read something along the lines that his father was very controlling.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97793
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:53 pm

And that’s why solicitors advise parents not to talk to the media.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 6:46 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
And that’s why solicitors advise parents not to talk to the media.

Gives us a better picture of who they are though. They're taking the exact opposite approach Eric's parents took.

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 1:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As survivors describe the terror-filled moments after a student opened fire at Santa Fe High School, killing 10 people, stories of heroism are coming to light.

One of them is about Christian "Riley" Garcia, a student who showed remarkable courage and selflessness during the shooting.

Garcia, 15, died Friday while blocking an art classroom door to keep other students safe from the gunshots, said the family's pastor, Keenan Smith.

"He was holding the door shut when the shooter was trying to gain access into that art room ... the shooter shot through the door, taking his (Garcia's) life," Smith told CNN. But Garcia succeeded in holding the shooter back long enough to allow other students to escape out a back exit to safety.

The pastor said he was with Garcia's family Friday night when other students told officials that the teen had saved their lives.

"He was against the door trying to help his teacher, trying to help another student, and trying to shield the others there," Smith said.

"That's not what's supposed to happen to a 15-year-old's life that he has to make those decisions. But he made them without even thinking about it, because it was his heart. This is who he was as an individual."

Smith who baptized Garcia, described him as a fun-loving kid who loved football and enjoyed being outdoors. He hopes Garcia's brave sacrifice will bring some comfort to his family.

"This doesn't ease the pain any. It doesn't stop the void that will forever be there, but it does bring a measure of peace," he said.

Even though all the victims of the massacre have been identified, Garcia's family has not yet been able to see his body.

"They (Garcia's family) are praying and hoping that they will be able to be reunited with him and see their son," Smith said.

Garcia and his family attended nearby Crosby Church, which held a memorial service Monday night for the slain teen.

Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2018 7:20 am

Over the past week, the Santa Fe High School shooting has sparked plenty of security changes in districts across the area as students and parents wrestle with safety concerns.

The manner in which several districts have responded is as follows:

Huffman ISD will arm some of its employees in what it calls a “guardian program.” The employees will be chosen by the district and then trained by the Harris County Sheriff’s Office.

Houston, Katy, Humble and Alvin ISDs say they’ve added additional officers.

In addition to extra officers, Dickinson, Pasadena and Alief ISDs have banned large bags and backpacks for the rest of the school year.

Texas City ISD has hired a director of security and school safety to oversee all the schools and make security changes where necessary. Lamar ISD has created a similar position titled, school safety coordinator.

In addition to extra officers for the remainder of the school year, Pearland ISD is working with the police department to hire more officers for the 2018/2019 school year.

One thing that all 11 districts are telling students is, “If you see something, say something.”

I do believe every parent, teacher, resource officer, etc will heave a huge sigh of relief as the schools end for the Summer.  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2018 7:34 am

Erin Barnhart has investigated drownings, drug overdoses, car wrecks and various other deaths in her eight years as a medical examiner.

But nothing prepared her for the scene in the rear art classrooms at Santa Fe High School: overturned desks, smashed paint jars, broken ceramics and the crumpled bodies of eight students and a teacher, torn and pockmarked by shotgun shot. Another teacher was found shot and killed just outside the school building.

“I am very accustomed to seeing deceased people. It’s what I do,” said Barnhart, the Galveston County Medical Examiner who led the autopsies in the shooting. “But when you have children in their natural environment, it causes you to think about those victims a little more personally.”

She added: “It was shocking.”

Eight students and two teachers died in the attack and 13 others were injured. Pagourtzis is being held in the Galveston County jail on capital murder charges.

Galveston County Sheriff Henry Trochesset said his investigators alone have conducted more than 100 interviews. The investigation is ongoing, he said. “This is a giant puzzle where every fact we’re trying to get is one little piece," Trochesset said.

Barnhart’s autopsies are key pieces to that puzzle.

She arrived at the school at around 2 p.m. the day of the incident with two autopsy technicians, three investigators and a forensic pathologist. The school was hot — the air conditioning had been turned off after the incident — and eerily quiet, she said. Art projects still decorated the walls of the two art rooms, and the smell of acrylic paints and clay hung in the air. Scattered among the art supplies: bodies and blood in one of the art rooms and an adjoining supply closet, Barnhart said.

The juxtaposition of art supplies and slain students was jarring, she said.

“You’re in a school, it looks like a school, but all of your other sensory information doesn’t fit,” Barnhart said.

Back at her offices in Texas City, investigators carefully examined the victims, two at a time, in the small morgue located in the rear of the building. The majority of them had shotgun wounds, she said. Pathologists pulled only one .38-caliber projectile from one victim, and a few others had what’s known as “through and through” wounds, where the bullet passed clear through a body part, which were also consistent with a .38-caliber weapon, she said. Investigators counted more than 100 wounds in the 10 victims.

None of the victims had wounds from rifle rounds, leading Barnhart to believe none of the victims were inadvertently shot in the crossfire between law enforcement and Pagourtzis. Cause of death for all victims: gunshot wounds.

Barnhart and her team also were tasked with identifying the victims, which proved challenging since they had all been separated from their backpacks and purses. Using a list of students who began the day in the art classes, student photo IDs and yearbook pictures, the forensics team meticulously pieced together the victims’ identities. By Saturday afternoon, they had a good idea of who they were, and by Sunday morning all names had been confirmed, she said.

Barnhart is now finalizing the autopsy reports that will go into the official investigative file, a task that could take several more weeks.

Even when this case is behind her, she said she won’t soon forget what she saw in those two art classrooms.

“I hope I could make something good out of it, not become a worse person, a more cynical person,” she said. “But I guess that remains to be seen.”

It takes a strong ass person to see things like that day after day. Sad
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2018 10:06 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Back at her offices in Texas City, investigators carefully examined the victims, two at a time, in the small morgue located in the rear of the building. The majority of them had shotgun wounds, she said. Pathologists pulled only one .38-caliber projectile from one victim, and a few others had what’s known as “through and through” wounds, where the bullet passed clear through a body part, which were also consistent with a .38-caliber weapon, she said. Investigators counted more than 100 wounds in the 10 victims.

Sounds like he was rather skilled in the use of a shotgun. Steve Kazmierczak, in comparison, got half the kills as this guy with a similar load-out.

KKjHAM

Contribution Points : 56232

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2018 12:05 pm

Watch Out!!

The Mega.nz video download in an earlier post of this thread had malicious effects on my computer. Use caution.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 10:53 am

The family of a student killed in this month's shooting at a Santa Fe, Texas, high school are suing the parents of the suspected shooter, according to the Associated Press.

The family alleges that the suspect's father, who reportedly owned the guns used in the attack, did not properly secure his weapons.

AP reported Friday that Christopher Stone and Rosie Yanas, whose 17-year-old son, Chris, was killed in the attack, are suing the parents of fellow student, Dimitrios Pagourtzis, who was charged with capital murder in the shooting.

Stone and Yanas's lawsuit also alleges that Pagourtzis's family did not obtain mental health counseling for their son or warn the public about their son's "dangerous propensities."

Police found journal entries and social media posts referencing violence and the desire to commit an attack, according to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R).
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 12:44 pm

KKjHAM wrote:
Watch Out!!

The Mega.nz  video download in an earlier post of this thread had malicious effects on my computer.  Use caution.

Which one?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you might want to check this out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 11:50 pm

When i saw Dimitrios Pagourtzis's photos, i immediately thought about Joker from Full Metal Jacket because Dimitrios Pagourtzis has a peace cap and a Born To Kill shirt which is similar to the peace pin and born to kill inked helmet Joker wears.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 8:49 am

PotholeAbyss wrote:
When i saw Dimitrios Pagourtzis's photos, i immediately thought about Joker from Full Metal Jacket because Dimitrios Pagourtzis has a peace cap and a Born To Kill shirt which is similar to the peace pin and born to kill inked helmet Joker wears.  

I think I actually read somewhere that the Born to Kill thing was taken from the movie and had significance to him. I just can't remember which news article it was from at the moment. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 9:03 am

SANTA FE, Texas — Another mass shooting, and Greg Zanis, a carpenter from Illinois, was again on the scene, ready to hand-craft one wood memorial cross for each of the dead. He’d made them in Orlando, Florida, and Las Vegas and Parkland, Florida — and at the many shootings in between. Now, Santa Fe.

Ten more crosses. The pace of mass shootings in America had become unrelenting, and he stood drained.

“It’s depressing,” said Zanis, who runs the one-man charity Crosses for Losses. “And with all that’s happening, without help, there’s no way I could afford all that lumber.”

Horrific scene after horrific scene, a routine has emerged for the first days after a mass shooting, from what politicians say in front of the cameras, to how makeshift memorials appear, to how the media responds and people react, to the slogans meant to rally a community in pain. The pattern can feel unnerving, a repetition honed by too-frequent tragedy, and they can begin to blur together.

After a 17-year-old student shot and killed eight students and two teachers on May 18 at Santa Fe High School, the chaplains and counselors showed up. So did the therapy dogs. The golden Retrievers wore blue vests reading “Please pet me.” Lutheran Church Charities staff knew how the dogs could calm a person in pain, experience gained in the decade since the program started with another school shooting, this one at Northern Illinois University, where a gunman fatally shot five students and wounded 17 more.

The marquees of several Santa Fe businesses — a carwash, a small church, a dentist’s office — were changed to read “Santa Fe Strong.” T-shirts were printed. It was a statement of resiliency with roots in the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing. The phrase “Boston Strong” was born. And it’s been adapted to tragedies since. Orlando Strong. Vegas Strong.

“We are Santa Fe Strong,” the assistant schools superintendent said at a news conference.

“We are Santa Fe Strong,” the mayor-elect said.

“We have a very long road ahead of us,” the superintendent said, “but together, with your help, we know we will be Santa Fe Strong.”

The satellite TV trucks lined up outside. The hunt for motives frustrated. The only change was that fewer politicians offered their “thoughts and prayers” — a phrase now ridiculed after having been recycled so many times before.

A familiar face stood outside Santa Fe High. It was Sandy Phillips. And this was her ninth mass shooting.

She and her husband lost their daughter, Jessica Ghani, 24, in the 2012 mass shooting at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado. After that, they founded Survivors Empowered. They show up at shooting scenes to offer help and push for gun control. Phillips advises families how to deal with the hoaxes and misinformation that tend to flow online after a tragedy like this. She tells survivors how to find trauma therapists.

Phillips noted all the similarities here to the other mass shooting scenes they have visited.

“We’ve got the dogs. We’ve got the water from the Red Cross,” she said.

It looked to her like a rapid response to a natural disaster, something you might see after a hurricane or tornado or flooding. But what happened here was different.

“This,” she said, “can be prevented.”

And then, a week after the Santa Fe school shooting, there was another one.

It happened in Noblesville, Indiana. A student gunman allegedly shot a 13-year-old girl. A teacher was injured. Both were expected to survive. The event barely caused a ripple outside the state.

Sadly Greg Zanis has been kept very busy. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 9:21 am

Following a deadly shooting at Texas' Santa Fe High School that left eight students and two teachers dead, survivors organized a press conference in west Houston on Friday to call for stricter gun laws and tougher gun violence prevention strategies across the country.

Students specifically spoke out against politicians who "think that doing nothing is acceptable." The emotionally charged event received support from March For Our Lives organizers, who also came together earlier this year after a student opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida, killing 17 people and sparking national outrage. The incident at Santa Fe High School has put their efforts back in the news as students and advocates again ask for more than thoughts and prayers.

“The truth is that whatever we are doing as a society—or not doing—is not working," Megan McGuire, a junior at Santa Fe High School, said. “Inaction is not an option. We must do something, and we must get it right. School safety is a complex issue.”

According to ABC News, the survivors of the Santa Fe High School shooting made it clear that they were not looking to remove guns from their owners.

McGuire explained that her dad and grandparents are gun owners: "I don’t want to take away their guns, or your guns for that matter. What I mean by gun safety is common-sense solutions to keep those who wish to harm themselves or others from obtaining guns.”

But the most resounding message at Friday's press conference was targeted at politicians who refuse to act.

"I want to thank everyone for all of their thoughts and prayers; they are very needed and appreciated. But I do have something for elected officials who think that doing nothing is acceptable,” McGuire said. “My thought is that if you do not do something, you do not have a prayer of being elected. My generation will see to that."

I wonder if the Gun Ban group will have issues with the these survivors not ALL wanting to ban guns outright?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 10:16 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I wonder if the Gun Ban group will have issues with the these survivors not ALL wanting to ban guns outright?

I think right now they'll take what they can get. They won't start bitching about it until they feel like they can act with impunity.

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 10:18 am

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I think right now they'll take what they can get. They won't start bitching about it until they feel like they can act with impunity.

Probably. They wouldn't want to be seen as insensitive to the newer survivors. Give them a few weeks. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 4:10 am

I found this little snippet with Sue Klebold and she mentions Santa Fe.

Ms. Klebold, the mother of one of the Columbine attackers, said she was shocked by the number of letters she receives from people who relate to her son: “The girls who say, ‘I wish I could have his baby’”; others who say that her son, to them, is “heroic.” Even seeing images of the Santa Fe gunman’s Communist hammer-and-sickle medallion — just like the one that her son wore, a gift from a friend’s parent who went to Russia — was painful to her.

“It’s to me like this kid was being” her son, “all over again,” she said.

I really wish she or whomever quotes her would stop conflating those who are interested in the case or have empathy for her son and family to the girls who want to have Dylan's baby....

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 9:13 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I found this little snippet with Sue Klebold and she mentions Santa Fe.

Ms. Klebold, the mother of one of the Columbine attackers, said she was shocked by the number of letters she receives from people who relate to her son: “The girls who say, ‘I wish I could have his baby’”; others who say that her son, to them, is “heroic.” Even seeing images of the Santa Fe gunman’s Communist hammer-and-sickle medallion — just like the one that her son wore, a gift from a friend’s parent who went to Russia — was painful to her.

“It’s to me like this kid was being” her son, “all over again,” she said.

I really wish she or whomever quotes her would stop conflating those who are interested in the case or have empathy for her son and family to the girls who want to have Dylan's baby....

If people are sending rude letters like that to her, then its fucked up man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 3:56 pm

Attorneys are revealing new details from their conversations with the Santa Fe High School shooter.

Nicholas Poehl and Robert Barfield tell Eyewitness News it does not appear that Dimitrios Pagourtzis was targeting anyone in the shooting two weeks ago.

The attorneys said Friday that Pagourtzis has yet to undergo a mental health evaluation, but the professional who will conduct that review has been selected.

Last week, Poehl told ABC13 that the suspect didn't remember much of what happened on May 18.

Pagourtzis remains in solitary confinement in Galveston County Jail, where he has been permitted to receive two 20-minute visits in jail each week.

The suspect's parents, Antonios Pagourtzis and Rose Marie Kosmetatos, have both been to the jail to visit their son, the attorneys said.

Well I guess that somewhat puts to rest all the reports that he was targeting girls who had turned him down, also pretty much blowing the top motive that was being tossed around in the media. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody   Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Santa Fe High School shooting leaves at least 10 dead, suspect in custody
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next