Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The small questions thread

Go down 
+39
Vallutaja
James411
Holloka
Majk
cakeman
icanmakeuhappy
Emanation of Darkness
cory M
5PMSomewhere
NotTheRedBaron
QuestionMark
thelmar
munchkinphone
Screamingophelia
23september
Tommy QTR
sororityalpha
Sabratha
STK
myshame
ehunterjumper
WhereHateRunsRed
Draw_It_White
Fatheroftwo
TaylorsMom
rocketkween17
Jea
04daviszoe
milkwood
Tuga
fly-with-me
W.A.R.
Jenn
Juicy Jazzy
spidEr
Szabo
Lizpuff
sscc
Littlelo
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

The small questions thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 10:12 am

Also was it just Dylan and Zach Heckler who wrote in the college admission essay that there was going to be a "big production" in the spring?

Contribution Points : 63814
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 12:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I saw this video and apparently Eric and Dylan had customized their trenchcoats to be able to light co2 bombs while shooting.

So it seems their plan was to have them on, what do you guys think changed it? And when?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 12:31 pm

Good question, Eric took his off pretty soon into the massacre and Dylan took his off in the library. In the cafeteria footage Dylan lights a bomb and throws it.

Did they have something around their arm?

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 5:27 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Good question, Eric took his off pretty soon into the massacre and Dylan took his off in the library. In the cafeteria footage Dylan lights a bomb and throws it.

Did they have something around their arm?

They had supposedly attached matchbox igniter strips to their arms.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 9:53 pm

Thanks!!

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66478
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Question....are there any copies of Dylan's journal that show the scans in more "high definition"? I've seen one color photocopy of a page of his day planner that looks like an original.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83257
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 2:25 pm

Littlelo wrote:
I've seen one color photocopy of a page of his day planner that looks like an original.
Could you link us to what you are talking about? That sounds interesting and I don't think I have seen it.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 2:28 pm

sscc wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
I've seen one color photocopy of a page of his day planner that looks like an original.
Could you link us to what you are talking about? That sounds interesting and I don't think I have seen it.

Sure, here it is. It's taken from A Columbine Site:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 4:41 pm

BTW I asked about high res journal scans because a lot of Dylan's writing bled through to the other side of the paper. Some places where he writes the name of a girl are just barely visible. I'm wondering if it would be possible to analyze and make out a letter or two.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 10:41 pm

Let us know if you see anything!

I think one was Marla Faust because of a rumor I heard, I heard someone found her info and emailed her and she said she spoke to the FBI and to leave her alone.. the leave her alone part sounds about right.

Plus he did ask her to prom too. Maybe that's why Robyn had to "convince him" he didn't want to go with her, he wanted to go with Marla? Sad

I also wonder, from the other posts about what would happen to other mass murderers if they were still alive.

I wonder sometimes how Eric and Dylan do in prison. I often think not very well. Unless Eric really played up his interest in Nazis and joined a group. Dylan would have found some way or other to kill himself.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 3:24 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

I also wonder, from the other posts about what would happen to other mass murderers if they were still alive.

I wonder sometimes how Eric and Dylan do in prison. I often think not very well. Unless Eric really played up his interest in Nazis and joined a group. Dylan would have found some way or other to kill himself.

Eric would probably have fared about as well as Kip Kinkel. He wanted to die, tried to get the police to shoot him when he was arrested. Now he is sitting in prison with a life sentence, trying to appeal and using the insanity plea.

I think Dylan would have committed suicide.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 4:51 pm

Where was the prom held in 1999?

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 4:56 pm

It was held at the Denver Design Center
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Thank you!

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 11:48 am

In Eric's Yearbook Dylan writes I think Senior then crosses it out and writes"Junior year" Do you think there was any significance in that?

Last edited by Screamingophelia on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 69551
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 12:00 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Sorry if this is a dumb question but is there anything that validates Eric telling someone to stop bitching it's a flesh wound. I remember people way back quoting that, it's funny though because it's from Monty Python.... it seems like an odd thing to make up.
100% a recent video of the victim shows her shoulder wound and repeats Eric's exact words. I'll try find it.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 12:03 pm

Thank you!

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 8:17 am

In his journal, Eric says that he will force himself not to have feelings of sympathy or mercy for any of his victims when he goes NBK. So many people say he couldn't have had those feelings in order to do what he did. Do you think he really just forced himself not to care on that day? I can't imagine being able to do that...
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 10:18 am

I interpret them not killing anyone after the library as some sort of sympathy or them coming back down to reality and realizing that killing people was not as "fun' as they thought and some of their humanity was returning.

They wanted to shoot people from afar then get killed by cops.

I could be looking at it through an empathetic lens and be wrong but I think Eric did force himself not to care, he seemed to have more empathy then Dylan did. Dylan barely said anything during the good bye message according to the transcripts of the BT.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 10:35 am

I agree, I think Eric felt worse than Dylan about everything. He apologized to his family in TBT. He had to force himself to be cold and uncaring. I think Dylan was so depressed he lost his sense of reality and didn't even need to disassociate himself from the pain he was causing.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 4:36 pm

Did we ever get clear confirmation about Zach going to Dylan's funeral or was it Zach's parents? I've seen both.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 4:39 pm

The 11k states Zach was present at the funeral. They don't use his first name, just "friend Heckler".
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 4:44 pm

Thanks!

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 12:42 pm

Was Rachel in the production of Frankenstein?

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 1:42 pm

I know Brooks Brown was in it...and I think Alex Marsh was too.

Can't find anything confirming whether or not Rachel was but I will post if I find anything!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 1:45 pm

Thanks! I figured it would be in No Easy Answers if she was.

It sounds like it was a fun show.

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98519
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 9:05 pm

What year was the Columbine production Frankenstein? I remember reading that Rachel got shitty at a friend because her friend got one of the lead roles in an unnamed play and she didnt. I wonder if that was the same play.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 10:29 pm

It was 1998 I believe either the end of Dylan's junior year or beginning of senior

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 2:29 pm

Anyone know what Dylan's obsession was with the number 5? It's referenced and drawn in his journal/writings multiple times. He draws it on road signs along the lost highway and puts it at the top of one of the pages.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124034
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 2:33 pm

The 5th Dimension

Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 3:20 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
The 5th Dimension

Thanks. I swear I learn something new about Columbine on a weekly basis here.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 9:46 pm

Do you think if Eric or Dylan's photo had appeared alphabetically next to one of their victims in the yearbook, they would have still kept them in it? (New CVA video got me thinking)

I know it's a weird question, but imagine seeing your friend who was killed or paralyzed in a shooting and right next to them is the person who did it...
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 12:21 pm

In a picture description assignment Eric did in highschool he describes a picture of a girl and basically just says negative stuff about her and then at the end he says "The taste of polyester comes to mind."
I thought that was really weird and out of place, does anybody know what he means?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 2:22 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
In a picture description assignment Eric did in highschool he describes a picture of a girl and basically just says negative stuff about her and then at the end he says "The taste of polyester comes to mind."
I thought that was really weird and out of place, does anybody know what he means?

I thought it meant she was cheap and acrid.

I have to read it again.

I think Eric's black poem is funny. Dylan's shows that dark side of himself.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83257
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 2:41 pm

Did Sue mention this in her book? I don't think she did but maybe I just don't remember.

Also, considering that Dylan trashed his hard drive, it would have been interesting if the police had examined the school's laptop computers to see if they could locate the one that Dylan had in his possession. I wonder if he'd used it before he had to bring it back and what might have been on there.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 3:58 pm

I don't remember Sue talking about that. Was it ever confirmed? It wouldn't surprise me since they had special access to other things (locker list).
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 8:36 am

I don't think that was ever confirmed.

Zach sounded like he could be as volatile as them back then. He participated in a lot with them and also wrote a threatening letter to Devon's ex. It wouldn't surprise me if Dylan was considering talking to him about going NBK, even if he wasn't serious at the time.

Dylan has a journal entry where he talks about finally finding his true love it's the whole "as a man, he conquers" something or other. I'm curious to know if there's a date on that. He seemed to have found his soulmate every few mothers or so.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 9:43 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

Zach sounded like he could be as volatile as them back then. He participated in a lot with them and also wrote a threatening letter to Devon's ex. It wouldn't surprise me if Dylan was considering talking to him about going NBK, even if he wasn't serious at the time.

Agree.  A lot of people really don't pay much attention to the fact that Zach was likely considered for a roll in NBK in the beginning. He was around for the Rebel Missions, so I have little doubt that Dylan probably considered him. But for some reason went with Eric instead. Maybe Zach drew the line at petty vandalism, while Eric was willing to go farther.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Agree.  A lot of people really don't pay much attention to the fact that Zach was likely considered for a roll in NBK in the beginning. He was around for the Rebel Missions, so I have little doubt that Dylan probably considered him. But for some reason went with Eric instead. Maybe Zach drew the line at petty vandalism, while Eric was willing to go farther.

I agree with all this. I think the turning point that pushed Zach away was getting in trouble for the lockers. He was involved, and afterwards his parents wouldn't allow him to spend as much time with E&D. Obviously he also had a girlfriend which contributed to the distancing as well.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 11:14 am

Littlelo wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I agree with all this. I think the turning point that pushed Zach away was getting in trouble for the lockers. He was involved, and afterwards his parents wouldn't allow him to spend as much time with E&D. Obviously he also had a girlfriend which contributed to the distancing as well.

I'm beginning to think Zach and Dylan kind of just became school friends after a while. That was interesting to me because Devon reffered to him as her best friend for years after. Though it could be one of those "best friend group" things. though it seems like he spent more time with Robyn

There are some people who claim to have 10 best friends I don't know how that works lol

I don't have the quotes off the top of my head but they both vascilated between remembering Dylan fondly and distancing themselves from him. I'm not sure how I feel about Devon

Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 11:20 am

Zach did not speak fondly of E&D to LE when he was interviewed (which is to be expected).
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 11:23 am

Littlelo wrote:
Zach did not speak fondly of E&D to LE when he was interviewed (which is to be expected).

You're right. I was misremembering

I'm not sure if you have to think of many happy memories either. I'm surprised that Nate was able to.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 11:50 am

Re-reading some things from Eric's website and I noticed he says that even to the people he respects, they better stay out of his line of fire. What do you guys think of this statement?

Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 12:14 pm

I wonder what exactly he was angry at when he wrote this.

I think he means that he is "considerate" enough to not aim at hurting the people he respects but out of control enough to not take responsibility for him accidentally hurting them.

He feels he can instead blame his feelings since others provoked them. He actually contributed to feeding his negative feelings himself in order to get more violent to be able to express his feelings so that excuse doesn't work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 12:51 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
I think he means that he is "considerate" enough to not aim at hurting the people he respects but out of control enough to not take responsibility for him accidentally hurting them.

Agree. Eric and Dylan both seemed to consider the risk of their friends being injured or possibly even killed as collateral damage.

They even told a few "Hey if you survive then you can have this or that from my room." E&D knew they were putting them at risk, but just didn't really care.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 1:10 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
munchkinphone wrote:

Agree. Eric and Dylan both seemed to consider the risk of their friends being injured or possibly even killed as collateral damage.

They even told a few "Hey if you survive then you can have this or that from my room."  E&D knew they were putting them at risk, but just didn't really care.

They were looking at it as there's always casualties in a war and sometimes good people die.

If They were to have told Nate ,Zach, Robyn or Chris not to come to school Tuesday they'd probably just look at them like they were crazy and ask why. They knew full well that people they liked were going to be at school. Working for them/unlucky for everyone else they didn't see Robyn or anybody else before they started. Luckily nobody was in the library that they cared about.

I'd like to know why he was so angry in that post too

I've always found it interesting that Dylan was the one with more friends but Eric seemed to mention people and Dylan just mention his mom . Not even his dad and brother.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 1:14 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
munchkinphone wrote:

They even told a few "Hey if you survive then you can have this or that from my room."  E&D knew they were putting them at risk, but just didn't really care.

They were looking at it as there's always casualties in a war and sometimes good people die.

If  They were to have told Nate ,Zach,  Robyn  or Chris not to come to school Tuesday they'd probably just look at them like they were crazy and ask why. They knew full well that people they liked were going to be at school. Working for them/unlucky for everyone else they didn't see Robyn or anybody else before they started. Luckily nobody was in the library that they cared about.

I've always found it interesting that Dylan was the one with more friends but Eric seemed to mention people and Dylan  just mention his mom . Not even his dad and brother.

I know Sue has said it meant a lot to her that Dylan said "mom" in their goodbye video. I just wonder if that was the most painful part for Tom. Tom really thought they had a great relationship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 1:16 pm

Littlelo wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
munchkinphone wrote:

If  They were to have told Nate ,Zach,  Robyn  or Chris not to come to school Tuesday they'd probably just look at them like they were crazy and ask why. They knew full well that people they liked were going to be at school. Working for them/unlucky for everyone else they didn't see Robyn or anybody else before they started. Luckily nobody was in the library that they cared about.

I've always found it interesting that Dylan was the one with more friends but Eric seemed to mention people and Dylan  just mention his mom . Not even his dad and brother.

I know Sue has said it meant a lot to her that Dylan said "mom" in their goodbye video. I just wonder if that was the most painful part for Tom. Tom really thought they had a great relationship.

True. Tom assumed they were very close. He considered Dylan his best friend.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 1:19 pm

Littlelo wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
munchkinphone wrote:

Tom called him his best friend Sad

He's the one that talked to Dylan after the January incident. I'm hoping at the very least Byron and Tom clung to each other. That had to have been devestating

I can't help but think when I was hiking in Deer Creek Canyon that is where they walked and so many others walked to have tough talks or deal with stuff on their minds.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 1:29 pm

There is an interesting write up I found On EC  about someone's reaction to meeting Tom when Dylan got in trouble. Let me find it

I can't link it directly but if you search like father like son it's pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The small questions thread
Page 3 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next