Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The small questions thread

Go down 
+39
Vallutaja
James411
Holloka
Majk
cakeman
icanmakeuhappy
Emanation of Darkness
cory M
5PMSomewhere
NotTheRedBaron
QuestionMark
thelmar
munchkinphone
Screamingophelia
23september
Tommy QTR
sororityalpha
Sabratha
STK
myshame
ehunterjumper
WhereHateRunsRed
Draw_It_White
Fatheroftwo
TaylorsMom
rocketkween17
Jea
04daviszoe
milkwood
Tuga
fly-with-me
W.A.R.
Jenn
Juicy Jazzy
spidEr
Szabo
Lizpuff
sscc
Littlelo
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 69576
Forum Reputation : 145

The small questions thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 3:18 pm

They did that to Chris Morris too, they said he had alcohol in his trunk but it was just Cream Soda, and that became an injoke between them.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66503
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 3:42 pm

Honestly my high school was the same way. If you were on a sports team or otherwise known to be popular, the teachers would always give you a break, meanwhile they treated other students much more harshly and would give them a harder time. What does that do to you as an adolescent to see your peers treated unfairly through no fault of their own?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 3:51 pm

Mine as well.

Which is why I think some of the Dylan stuff is exaggerated. You'd think he'd get in way more trouble doing things like threatening to kill a kid, screaming at teachers and pushing girls.

Contribution Points : 63839
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 9:40 pm

Did Dylan wear contacts? I see him in these really thick glasses sometimes so I feel he must have. However I dont remember reading about it in the autopsy report.

The only reason I ask is because I just thought about how fucked he would have been if he wore contacts and dropped one.

My glasses are not even as thick as those and I am blind. I imagine if he had my sight and dropped a contact he would quickly realize he could not go on.

Maybe it is just the style of glasses that makes them look thicker?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 9:53 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
Did Dylan wear contacts? I see him in these really thick glasses sometimes so I feel he must have. However I dont remember reading about it in the autopsy report.

The only reason I ask is because I just thought about how fucked he would have been if he wore contacts and dropped one.

My glasses are not even as thick as those and I am blind. I imagine if he had my sight and dropped a contact he would quickly realize he could not go on.

Maybe it is just the style of glasses that makes them look thicker?

I've never heard if he did. He may not have and just decided not to wear his glasses and strain his eyes? He wore them in theatre class where he'd have to see pretty well Smile
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Has anyone heard that parts of Dylan's autopsy report were removed before it was released to the public?

It seems very complete to me.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 10:01 pm

I never heard that his autopsy was incomplete. It matches up with Eric's as far as each section, I don't remember seeing anything on Eric's that I didn't in Dylan's. Then again, I was never really looking for something that was missing...
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 10:03 pm

Littlelo wrote:
I never heard that his autopsy was incomplete. It matches up with Eric's as far as each section, I don't remember seeing anything on Eric's that I didn't in Dylan's. Then again, I was never really looking for something that was missing...

It was a comment on one of the articles I read today. Supposedly it was in the RMN. Probably made up!
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 10:05 pm

Since we're on the subject, is there a reason that only summaries of the autopsies were released for some victims? I'm only going off of a Columbine site, so if they're all available somewhere could someone let me know?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Littlelo wrote:
Since we're on the subject, is there a reason that only summaries of the autopsies were released for some victims? I'm only going off of a Columbine site, so if they're all available somewhere could someone let me know?

I was wondering that too. Someone here mentioned it could've been because of the families wishes. However the Klebolds didn't want his autopsy released at all.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 11:24 pm

Were the victims families notified 4/21 of their kids deaths? Sue knew pretty early and I think the Scott's and Bernalls knew that night. In the movie Dawn Anna it said Lauren's family found out on TV but that could be dramatized.

Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 12:37 am

I thought The Roast was filmed for a teacher on Valentine's Day, 1999? Or am I thinking of something else. I'm pretty sure that was the one. The highway patrol I think was filmed around September of 1998.

And are you sure Radioactive Clothing was in March and not the prior September? It would have been really cold in March and they are in t-shirts.

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 12:53 am

I thought the roast was for Frankenstein. That was fall of 1998.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 4:29 am

I was not sure about radioactive clothing but someone said they edited in gunshots from rampart range so it must have been after rampart range, even if that was wrong It was at least after december 98 because Dylan is wearing the leather trench he got for christmas. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 7:17 am

I think Brooks mentions in his book that the roast was in fall 1998
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 8:15 am

Littlelo wrote:
I think Brooks mentions in his book that the roast was in fall 1998

I think that is where I heard it too.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 8:18 am

munchkinphone wrote:
I was not sure about radioactive clothing but someone said they edited in gunshots from rampart range so it must have been after rampart range, even if that was wrong It was at least after december 98 because Dylan is wearing the leather trench he got for christmas. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Colorado weather can be fickle too. Plus some people don't mind walking around in short sleeves in winter. I grew up in a place where winters could go from 50s/60's to the teens in a matter of days.

I think Radioactive Clothing was later in March or so of 1999 because of how thin Dylan is. If you watch the Roast or Car Wax and then Radioactive clothing you can tell how gaunt he has become and his arms are toothpicks.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 10:27 am

In the Car Wax did anyone hear the girl yell really loud I don't like that kid? Seems so random.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 10:34 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
In the Car Wax did anyone hear the girl yell really loud I don't like that kid? Seems so random.

I actually did heard that, she isn't very loud. But then again Dylan yells real good, so she just wasn't as noticeable. Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 11:03 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I actually did heard that, she isn't very loud. But then again Dylan yells real good, so she just wasn't as noticeable. Haha

I'd love to know how Eric knows this at that point.

Maybe playing Doom? People get really loud during video games.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 6:15 pm

Just reading Dylan's writing in Eric's yearbook I realize how much fun they had and how many memories they shared as teenagers doing harmless stuff. Why couldn't they have just made a pact to forget all the bullshit in high school and remain friends after graduation? I never saw them write about meeting each other in the "afterlife" but they were so ready to die. They had such a bizarre yet close friendship and didn't care that they would just end it one April morning (their friendship and their lives). What do you guys think of this? Did they only view their friendship as a means to an end?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 6:53 pm

Littlelo wrote:
Just reading Dylan's writing in Eric's yearbook I realize how much fun they had and how many memories they shared as teenagers doing harmless stuff. Why couldn't they have just made a pact to forget all the bullshit in high school and remain friends after graduation? I never saw them write about meeting each other in the "afterlife" but they were so ready to die. They had such a bizarre yet close friendship and didn't care that they would just end it one April morning (their friendship and their lives). What do you guys think of this? Did they only view their friendship as a means to an end?

I love this question and I've thought about it before. They did have a lot of fun together. If I remember correctly I think Robyn said he was pushing for a lot of people to go out for Eric's 18th bday because he didn't want Eric to feel left out. In Hitmen for Hire there's a moment they look bemused and look at each other and kind of turn in and laugh.

I think Eric was a lot and Dylan had patience. There are things Dylan wrote that would make you think he used Eric as a means to an end. Having a friend like that is pretty amazing but they chose a bad path.

It makes me think maybe that's a small reason why Zach was so harsh on Dylan right after. He did horrible things yes but Eric is the one he died with. The one he at the end was most connected with.

I sometimes wonder if Dylan cried in front of him like he did with Zach?

There was a time I realized "wow, all of this and they won't even have each other anymore"

Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 6:55 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
There was a time I realized "wow, all of this and they won't even have each other anymore"

This is what gets me the most. Such a bond they had, I wish they had found their way out of the darkness together.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 7:03 pm

Littlelo wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

This is what gets me the most. Such a bond they had, I wish they had found their way out of the darkness together.

Me too

It makes me sad reading how Kathy asked Sue not to separate the boys since Dylan was a good influence.

If only it was "fuck, we are angry. What do we do?" Get through it together and get the fuck out of Littleton.

When I was there I talked to so many people who said while it's still conservative in ways, it's more diverse and accepting. They said it was bad in the 90's
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 7:10 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Me too

It makes me sad reading how Kathy asked Sue not to separate the boys since Dylan was a good influence.

If only it was "fuck, we are angry. What do we do?" Get through it together and get the fuck out of Littleton.

When I was there I talked to so many people who said while it's still conservative in ways, it's more diverse and accepting. They said it was bad in the 90's

It was poor timing, a toxic friendship, mental illness, and paranoid uncertainty all rolled into one. They didn't see a future past NBK. They didn't want one.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83282
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 7:13 pm

Littlelo wrote:
I wish they had found their way out of the darkness together.
They didn't want that. This ties into the question of "what could have been." Nothing could have been different without Eric and Dylan changing at some fundamental level because you can't help someone who doesn't want your help. Eric was in therapy for a year and Dylan wasn't even honest enough to be put into treatment. Just like many other mass shooters, there was unhealthy narcissism and a related sense of entitlement which drove them to recognize the problems with everything but themselves. They didn't want to change or learn to adapt to the world they were actually living in. They wanted the world to adapt to their needs and when they saw that it wasn't going to happen, they decided that the best choice was to destroy what they could before taking their exit.

Edit:
Littlelo wrote:
It was poor timing, a toxic friendship, mental illness, and paranoid uncertainty all rolled into one. They didn't see a future past NBK. They didn't want one
Laughing I see that you said the same thing while I was typing.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 7:15 pm

All good points [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I guess I wish they would have been able to recognize their issues and seek help, but I agree that their flawed logic didn't allow that to happen.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 7:48 pm

Littlelo wrote:
All good points [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I guess I wish they would have been able to recognize their issues and seek help, but I agree that their flawed logic didn't allow that to happen.

They did get a lot if not all that they wanted. Movies, followers etc..
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2017 8:59 pm

Sensitive question. Was Kyle V actually "mentally retarded" I am reading a LOT of posts saying that and I'm wondering if he had a learning disability or something. It seems not only cruel to say that but when I read that it is almost like they are saying Eric and Dylan are worse for killing him... no one that day deserved to die more or less than anyone else. It was horrible. Every life mattered. Granted I think all 15 lives mattered, Eric and Dylans too but still. They did matter.

Contribution Points : 66290
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 6:48 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Sensitive question. Was Kyle V actually "mentally retarded" I am reading a LOT of posts saying that and I'm wondering if he had a learning disability or something. It seems not only cruel to say that but when I read that it is almost like they are saying Eric and Dylan are worse for killing him... no one that day deserved to die more or less than anyone else. It was horrible. Every life mattered. Granted I think all 15 lives mattered, Eric and Dylans too but still. They did matter.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He suffered a stroke as a kid that left him disabled. And yes, 10000%. No one deserved to die that day.

Last edited by 23september on Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error)
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 7:36 am

Was Kyle the one that Dylan mentioned he tried to stop bullying in his effort to cleanse himself?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 7:47 am

munchkinphone wrote:
Was Kyle the one that Dylan mentioned he tried to stop bullying in his effort to cleanse himself?

I always assumed it was Adam Kyler since supposedly he bullied him pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 6:58 pm

Did we ever get an actual answer on Dylan and his jewelry. Did he remove it or was it removed after he died?

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 7:00 pm

I think CVA made a video about their autopsies where he discussed the jewelry thing.

I don't think Dylan removed it himself, though. Do you remember the video I mean?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 7:07 pm

Littlelo wrote:
I think CVA made a video about their autopsies where he discussed the jewelry thing.

I don't think Dylan removed it himself, though. Do you remember the video I mean?

Yes, I think it's still up. It's about their suicides.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 2:40 pm

Matt Kechter's football number (70) is on the CHS football team's practice jerseys and helmets...but does anyone know what the "6" is for? Another team member that passed?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Isaiahs number maybe?

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 3:10 pm

Isaiahs was 52

No idea what the 6 stands for :/
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 3:42 pm

Maybe it was Isaiah, since that picture is not from the CHS team.
Back to top Go down
23september

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 3:43 pm

Littlelo wrote:
Maybe it was Isaiah, since that picture is not from the CHS team.

Nvm that then Razz
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 9:28 am

I was purusing the EC blog and I came across info that I wanted to confirm. Cassie Bernall supposedly had a rape kit done? Did all the female victims have one? It may be standard for females?

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 9:34 am

I think I remember seeing one or some of the male victims also had them? I know it wasn't just her. It is included on the evidence list for each one, along with photo logs.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 9:57 am

Here is what I could find:

Lauren Townsend
Kelly Fleming
John Tomlin
Matt Kechter
Cassie Bernall
Dave Sanders
Rachel Scott

Last edited by Littlelo on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 10:00 am

Littlelo wrote:
Here is what I could find:

Kelly Fleming
John Tomlin
Matt Kechter
Cassie Bernall
Dave Sanders
Rachel Scott

Thank you!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 10:02 am

I wonder why the males were tested for signs of rape? I can see why the female victims would have been, but not so much the males. Also why only some were tested while others were not. scratch
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 10:03 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I wonder why the males were tested for signs of rape?  I can see why the female victims would have been, but not so much the males.  Also why only some were tested while others were not.  scratch

I'm wondering that too. I feel like researching that to see why it would be done.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 10:17 am

I just added Lauren Townsend as well.

I think it might have been standard procedure, maybe they all had them done but they weren't all documented. Otherwise it would seem like they were chosen pretty arbitrarily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 10:20 am

Littlelo wrote:
I just added Lauren Townsend as well.

I think it might have been standard procedure, maybe they all had them done but they weren't all documented. Otherwise it would seem like they were chosen pretty arbitrarily.

You may be right about it being just normal procedure.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 10:21 am

Wonder if Eric and Dylan had them done as well...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 10:29 am

Littlelo wrote:
Wonder if Eric and Dylan had them done as well...

I think their autopsy reports somewhat noted that those regions seemed normal in appearance with no abnormalities. Or something along those lines.

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The small questions thread
Page 4 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next